Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What size shoes do you wear normally? That looks like my size (10.5) and I want to replace my SMX5s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
I also wear a 10.5 :highfive:. The Sidis fit a little tighter than A*. I've tried on a pair of SMX5s and the 44 was almost perfect but verging on too big. My supertech's are 43s (and fit drat near like the Sidis but that particular boot runs big for A* according to a number of websites) while my Tech7s and ScoutWPs are both US size 10, which A* lists as 44.5 Euro... :confused:

So... they'll probably fit? I'll snap some current pics here in a bit.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
poo poo, my SMXes are size 45 euro so these might be a tiny bit too small :smith:
Maybe I can run over to cyclegear tomorrow and try some Sidis on because I will buy your boots if they fit me.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
****SOLDSOLDSOLDSOLD****

BlackMK4 posted:

poo poo, my SMXes are size 45 euro so these might be a tiny bit too small :smith:
Maybe I can run over to cyclegear tomorrow and try some Sidis on because I will buy your boots if they fit me.

If your boots are a bit on the loose side they'll probably work. Trying some on would be the best though, Sidis seem to be narrower cut than A* which could be good or bad depending on your foot.

Here's the (slight) damage to the right boot. You can see the vent slider is ground down a little bit and one of the plastic armor pieces up above it had a slight weight reduction:

Inside of the right boot. Stitching of the armor piece near the zipper needs attention if you cram your foot into the rearset heel guard like I apparently do :( :

needknees fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 3, 2010

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
Looking for a cheap open face helmet to ride my moped. Does not need DOT just something old you have lying around.

Email: stevenjayharris@gmail.com

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Tigertron posted:

Looking for a cheap open face helmet to ride my moped. Does not need DOT just something old you have lying around.

Pretty sure your brain is not any less breakable on moped. You should spend the money for a Snell approved full face helmet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or at least a DOT one. poo poo, there's $99 EXO-1000s on sale. Get one of those.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3369009

Have a 1993 BMW K1100LT for sale in the SF Bay Area. Check the link for more info.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Tigertron posted:

I almost offered you the generic brain bucket I have in my closet, but I won't. If you care that little about your dome why not just get a $15 bicycle helmet at Wally World?

http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/helmets/scorpion/exo_400_scar_motorcycle_helmet.html

New Enough still has the EXO-400 for $50, all sizes available. That's an unreal deal. The drat visors usually cost that much.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
I travel nearly as fast on my 10-speed as I do on the moped but I suppose I shouldn't equate the two as the same.

Thanks for the super sweet deal on the helmet!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Considering selling the DRZ:
Clean title in hand
~5k miles on the new engine, ~45k miles on the chassis.

3800$. Bike is in Santa Barbara. I'm not negotiable, if I don't get 3800$ out of it, I'll just part the bike out.

Bike with the S Model rims on it.

I'll get a picture of it in Sumo trim tomorrow.

17 inch KTM rims with rotors and sprockets (Currently running Dragon Supercorsa front, Diablo Supercorsa rear)
DRZ400S rims with rotors and sprockets (Dunlop 606s in good shape)

Engine:
E Model Exhaust, with sensor mount for AF sensor
FCR39 Carb
Thumper Racing BB Kit
DRZ400E CDI (with 500 higher RPM limit)
3x3 airbox mod
Quick turn throttle tube
3.9 gallon Clarke tank
ZX10 rectifier/regulator
Sisneros Superstarter Kit (larger ampere battery)
Kickstarter kit

Brakes:
Motomaster 4 piston front caliper
320mm oversized brake rotor (EBC Contour)
SS Front line
Vesrah Pads
Brembo Master Cylinder (Stock cylinder as a spare as well)

Suspension:
RM125 front end, sprung for a 200 pound rider
Applied triple clamps for the DRZ (More offset than the normal triples for additional stability)

Protective stuff:
Stock skidplate
Aftermarket heavy duty offroad skidplate
CNC engine covers

Additional mods:
Acerbis Rally Pro handguards
Moose Racing Fatbar Kit
High seat, custom recovered and wider for distance comfort
Low seat, completely chopped down and recovered.
KTM SM front fender
Brake light modulator
Wide footpegs
Triumph Speed Triple LED brake light
Suzuki OEM rear rack
Givi 42l locking rear luggage w/mount
Vapor Gauges
Trailtech X2 headlight

There are probably other mods I'm forgetting here...I'll edit them in as they occur to me.

Assorted Extras:
A complete spare engine in pieces
Chains for both onroad and offroad gearing with less than 1k miles on them
14 and 15 tooth fronts, 48 rear for offroad, 41 rear for onroad.
S model exhaust
Spare swingarm
2 sets of right side up DRZ forks, one pair lowered
RSU triples
Spring for 140 pound rider
A couple of boxes of assorted parts, spares, and other stuff I need to catalog

Potentially open to trades for a 06+ GSXR trackbike or a 4t dirtbike + cash.
Not interested in any other bikes.

Contact through PM if you're interested, or email at conand at gmail.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

if I don't get 3800$ out of it, I'll just part the bike out.[/B]
If you do, I'm interested in the sumo wheels and some other bits and bobs if I can swing the money, considering the holidays and such...

17 inch KTM rims with rotors and sprockets (Currently running Dragon Supercorsa front, Diablo Supercorsa rear)
Motomaster 4 piston front caliper
320mm oversized brake rotor (EBC Contour)
SS Front line
Vesrah Pads
Brembo Master Cylinder (Stock cylinder as a spare as well)

Brake light modulator
Wide footpegs
Triumph Speed Triple LED brake light
Suzuki OEM rear rack
Givi 42l locking rear luggage w/mount
Vapor Gauges
Chains for both onroad and offroad gearing with less than 1k miles on them
14 and 15 tooth fronts, 48 rear for offroad, 41 rear for onroad.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
ohhh poo poo. Z3n I'll hit you up on aim this week.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Z3n posted:

Considering selling the DRZ:

Potentially open to trades for a 06+ GSXR trackbike or a 4t dirtbike + cash.
Not interested in any other bikes.

Contact through PM if you're interested, or email at conand at gmail.

:(

No more street riding?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

:(

No more street riding?

Unlikely. Need to focus on racing if I want to race.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Buy my bike so Z3n can be happy. It's had vagina alllll over it, trust me.

(And it's a great bike that would make a sumo person happy)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Selling my 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Special Edition. Comes with the green/black/white SE paint job, obviously. Also has the color matching wheels. Bike is in perfect running condition, all maintenance always done on time and by professionals. Bike currently has 23xx miles on it, pretty much all highway, I used it for daily commute. Bike gets 55+ MPG. Bike has a few touched up scratches from the previous owner on the left side, one on the front near the headlight and one on the tank (can provide pics if necessary).

Asking $2800 OBO. Bike is located in Warren, MI. Test rides welcome with endorsement and cash in hand.

Here is the SA Mart thread for it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3366106&pagenumber=1#lastpost

I NEED TO SELL THIS FAST. MAKE AN OFFER.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Man, this thread is depressing. All of these bikes being sold :smith:

Some more boots for sale here. They're a pair of black A* SMX pluses (not the perforated ones). They've been in one slow lowside and the majority of the damage was to the left boot ankle armor. It's mostly surface scratches, nothing too deep. However, I did wear the poo poo out of the toe sliders, so I just tossed them. I believe a pair can be had for like :10bux:.

I hate to let these go what with how much life they have left in them, but they're not doing me any good sitting in the closet. Size 45 Euro (10.5 US).

$70 plus shipping

Also this:

AncientTV posted:

The cost of school ( :argh: ) has forced me to sell the bike. I had planned to keep all associated gear for when I eventually bought a new one, but stupid me grew out of everything. Here is a jacket:

It's an Alpinestars Stage Perforated Leather jacket, smurf size (it's probably closer to a 38 now, what with the tiny bit of stretching).

Smurf colored too. I apologize for the lovely pictures, if there is any interest I can get a hold of a real camera for better shots.

GOOD
-Excellent construction
-Comfortable
-As per use of the removable liner, it's good for temperatures ranging from 30ish to 90ish (however, these are Florida temperatures, may not be applicable to anywhere else in the world)
-Badass
-CE shoulder and elbow armor, with a slot to shove poo poo in the back.
-8-inch zipper attachment for pants
-Pockets n such
-Badass

NOT AS GOOD
-It's been in two intensely slow and embarrassing lowsides. There are a few scuffs, but they're all cosmetic. All seams, stitches, and panels are 100%.

picturespicturespictues

They seem to go for 160-180 depending on closeout, size, etc., so I'm thinking $100 + shipping. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

edit: I can also provide measurements if necessary, just ask nicely :wink:

is now $80 plus shipping.

BUY MAH poo poo, PROTECT YOSEF :supaburn:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Bunway Airlines posted:

Buy my bike so Z3n can be happy. It's had vagina alllll over it, trust me.
You realize the joke-door you've left open there, don't you?

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Jabs posted:

You realize the joke-door you've left open there, don't you?

Yes. This thread needs some life in it.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I'm not sure it's polite to refer to vagina as a "joke-door."

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

MotoMind posted:

I'm not sure it's polite to refer to vagina as a "joke-door."

Maybe you'd change your mind if you saw it

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I don't think it was intended to breathe life into threads either, other life giving properties aside.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Vagina all over it? Tsaven may be interested in forcibly removing the fairings.

Too soon?

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Droppin this to 2k, bike deserves a better home (and an owner that'll ride it more) and I can't be arsed to craigslist it

PM or email redscare37 at yahoo

redscare posted:

Selling my KLR since I'm never going to ride it now that I have the Falco. There's just too much superslab between Long Beach and just about anywhere that its worth taking a KLR to. And I'm lazy. Could use the money too.

Its a 2005 with about 32,000 miles. I'm responsible for about 4k of it, almost all highway. Tags good until next June.

Doo was done by a P.O. as was most of the farkling

Farkle list includes most of the dual star catalog:
Bashplate
Fork brace
Rear brake cylinder guard
Dual star shift/rear brake levers
Upgraded front brake
Steel-braided brake lines
Givi top case (a bit scuffed up but otherwise in fine shape)
Wolfman tank bag
Factory soft bags (I bought them and have yet to use em, one of the straps needs to be sewn back on)
Aftermarket front fender (have the stock one as well)
Aftermarket handlebar (same for the bar)
12V outlet on the handlebar and a gear plug under the s eat
Heated grips
Throttle lock
Handlebar guards
Neutral starter interlock disabled
Sealed battery
Center stand

Its taken a couple no-speed naps in the dirt, but never been down otherwise. It has an aftermarket can in this pic, but I put the stock one back on since I got tired of the noise. The rear plastic is a bit melted because I screwed up putting the aftermarket can on.

Tires are ME880 hockey pucks with a decent amount of life left in em.

Have service manuals plus a stash of parts that includes oil filters, spare levels, bolts, and a clutch cable.

Asking $2000

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

schreibs posted:

Vagina all over it? Tsaven may be interested in forcibly removing the fairings.

Too soon?

I laughed. He was going to come meet Z3n and I, I guess I missed out on something......interesting?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Bunway Airlines posted:

I laughed. He was going to come meet Z3n and I, I guess I missed out on something......interesting?

Bout halfway down.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358181&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4

Then go read this
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368580

Edit: And since this is Marketplace and I don't wanna crap it up with this drama.

Z3n were you able to sell the DRZ as a whole or did you decide to part it out? I might be interested in a few bits.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheDon01 posted:

Bout halfway down.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358181&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4

Then go read this
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368580

Edit: And since this is Marketplace and I don't wanna crap it up with this drama.

Z3n were you able to sell the DRZ as a whole or did you decide to part it out? I might be interested in a few bits.

Nah, she was referring to the fact that if we had met up, it would have been something interesting. :v:

Anyways. I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with the bike yet. Parting it out is at least on hold until this weekend, when BotchedLobotomy is going to come ride it.

Here are a few pictures of the bike as it sits:

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Get that bore kit out of there and I'll swap you my KLX plus cash. :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MotoMind posted:

Get that bore kit out of there and I'll swap you my KLX plus cash. :v:

I've got a good stock bore and piston that'd go with the bike :)

Oh and a complete gasket kit, including fresh headgaskets/etc.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I've got a good stock bore and piston that'd go with the bike :)

Oh and a complete gasket kit, including fresh headgaskets/etc.
The more I look at what you've got for sale there, the more I realize what a screamin' deal I got on mine... Thanks for that, I guess!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Could you do me a favour and take a pic of the mounts on the X2 (assuming it has some built in)?

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
A buddy of mine is selling his 2007 Benelli TNT 1130. 130+ hp 3-cylinder, 2400 miles on it, still under factory warranty. I've ridden it, and it's basically a Triumph Speed Triple with slightly longer gearing (due to a smaller rear sprocket).

Bike is currently located in central NH, and he's asking $7k for it. PM me for contact info. And feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

edit: oh yeah, didn't mention it, but it's never been down or anything.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fantastipotamus fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 10, 2010

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
My BMW is finally fixed and for sale again:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2112788209.html

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
2005 Silver Honda CBR600 F4i - $2900 Firm
SA - Mart Thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375179

I'm selling my 49 state, 2005 Silver Honda CBR600 F4i . This bike is in excellent condition and has always been garaged. Comes with the original tool set under the seat, the owners manual, and the repair manual for the bike. Click on the pictures to see larger versions.>

It has just about 12k adult driven miles, mostly touring, no track/race days. Mileage may increase a bit as I still ride the bike. Bike has never sat more than a month without being run.

It does have a some scratches on the fairing on the right side as it tipped over in the garage. Bar ends and mirrors replaced after tip over so the only remaining marks are on the fairing. Has some blemishes on the metal passenger grip due to my luggage rubbing on it.

Bike has a Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen, clip-on cruise control, Tech-Spec tank grips, low profile turn signals, and a fender eliminator. Bike has Michelin Pilot Road sport touring tires with 2,000 miles on them.

Why am I selling it? Because it turns out the bike is a 49-state bike which is not CA emissions legal and I live in Truckee, CA. I was given temp tags but later had my registration fees refunded because the bike was still considered 'new' when I bought with around 3k miles on it. I fought the CA DMV on this for a year but finally lost.
I must move or sell the bike. So I am selling the bike in Reno/Sparks/Tahoe and surrounding areas and will drive the bike up there and meet you.

My loss is your gain, as the 49-state F4i has more horsepower and is faster than the CA legal, 50-state versions out there.

You will receive the clear South Dakota title (which is signed over to me) and a Nevada DMV bill of sale transferring it to you.

I also have:

Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough - $24 shipped US Media Mail

A Twist of the Wrist 2 by Keith Code - $14 shipped US Media Mail

Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch - $19 shipped US Media Mail

I also have 3 motorcycle books for sale:

Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough - $24 shipped US Media Mail

A Twist of the Wrist 2 by Keith Code - $14 shipped US Media Mail

Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch - $19 shipped US Media Mail

giundy
Dec 10, 2005
When you said 49 state and touring miles, I thought you had taken it everywhere.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

giundy posted:

When you said 49 state and touring miles, I thought you had taken it everywhere.

Usually when I hear "49 state" it means "gently caress California".

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Finally getting around to listing the DRZ parts:
Parting out 2001 DRZ400S/E.

Upgrade/non-stock stuff

Fatbar Conversion kit with fatbar - 80
DRZ-E CDI - 100
E Cams - 150
Brembo MC (broken lever/2 fingers only) - 40
ZX10 RR w/ mounting Bracket & Free power wiring harness (bolt up) - 75
SS Kit - 50
SS Front line - 40
Recovered higher/wider seat - 100
Acerbis Rally Pro Handguards normal/fatbar mounts - 60
Givi 36l rear luggage with mounting plate - 150
Rear rack/mounting plate/givi as a package - 200
Thumper Racing Bore/Piston - 50
Worked fine but bike had blown it's headgasket when I parted it, might be damaged, I don't have the tools to check it. If it's irrepairable, I'll refund your money.

Shock - 50
Subframe (S model) - 100
Swingarm (x2) - 50
CDI (S) - 50
Stock MC (x2) - 25
Control pods (each) - 20
Wiring harness - 40
Engine Covers - 30
Stock Bore/Piston - 50
Frame w/ clean CA title and current registration, plate - 400
Plastics - 80
S Exhaust - 20
Gauge lights - 20
Radiators w/fan (S) - 120
S forks (right side up) - 50
Lowered S forks (RSU) - 50
RSU triples - 50

All prices are OBO, do not include shipping, contact me through email at conand at gmail dot com. Send a message with what you're interested in and your zip code and I'll get you a shipping quote. Pictures available on request.

Also, I'll do my best to get things shipped out ASAP but can only guaranty shipping on Saturday, as I work 8-6 during the week. Sometimes I can get to the post office other days of the week, but no promises. You can also pick up the parts in Santa Barbara, CA if you're in the area.

Also, I appreciate the trust of you guys that are willing to send payments as gifts, but I've received notice that they'll remove that functionality from my account if it keeps happening. So probably best to just send it normally :)

E Exhaust (w/ A/F sensor bung welded in) - 100
Clarke Tank (black, 3.9g) - 150
Heavy duty aftermarket Skidplate - 60
Kickstarter Kit (w/ side cover) - 150
vapor unit (needs new battery, works fine otherwise) - 50
APE MCCT - 30
Rear rack - 70
Low seat - 100

Z3n fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 7, 2011

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress I want the luggage and rack but now isn't a good time. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress I want the luggage and rack but now isn't a good time. :(

Email me if the rack fits in the givi i'll cut you a deal :)

Edit: gently caress the rack just sold. :(

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 6, 2011