Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Nice car, I haven't seen a two door of those either. What's up with the rear wheel gap? Looks like you're braking hard, but you're only parking hard.

e: For new page, this picture:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Raluek posted:

Nice car, I haven't seen a two door of those either. What's up with the rear wheel gap? Looks like you're braking hard, but you're only parking hard.

e: For new page, this picture:

My God what an ugly car :barf:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

You Am I posted:

Theft-proof, some would say! As for the wheel gap, the road was sloped a bit.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

You Am I posted:

I've seen so many of them I no longer notice how fuckin weird the headlights are.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Not to keep beating the "lol 08-11 Focus is ugly" horse but its like Ford took all of the bad parts from compact cars from the 2000s and threw them all together into one horrific model.

I will say that the "facelift" they came out with last year made it slightly less :barf: but its still bad.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

angryhampster posted:

Needs more geometric shapes.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
For an A to B vehicle, I don't think it's THAT bad but I just realized how drastically a rounded bumper and getting rid of those radiator-looking fender vents cleaned up the newer models.

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.
Fresh from a spoiler amputation, a wash and a polish I figured i'd take some decent photos of the old jalopy.

It may not be the best looking car on the road but it makes some pretty noises.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSjIg7zAtTQ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's beautiful.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The Pursuit 250 had the 5.7 stroker Tickford motor didn't it?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

2ndclasscitizen posted:

The Pursuit 250 had the 5.7 stroker Tickford motor didn't it?
The Pursuit had the stroker in it.

That's a XR8, if it is a AU Series III, had the 5.0lt which pumped out 220kw.

EDIT: and I can't read the side skirts properly. That would be a rare beast, even if it isn't that old.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

You Am I posted:

Watch the vid, it's got Pursuit 250 badges on the skirts.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I want to touch your car with my penis. Kudos on the whip.

You Am I posted:

Ok... that's a change to the usual "I'll drive the poo poo out of that" comment.

Similar to my reaction, but I'll take it as a compliment.

It should be back later this week so I'l throw up some more pictures with the top up after that.

Actually, here's one with the top up from the day after I bought it.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

You Am I posted:

EDIT: and I can't read the side skirts properly. That would be a rare beast, even if it isn't that old.

You don't have to read the skirts. The title of the video is "Pursuit 250 takeoff"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

travisray2004 posted:

You don't have to read the skirts. The title of the video is "Pursuit 250 takeoff"
I was looking at the photos, dammit :mad:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Sir Tonk posted:

Similar to my reaction, but I'll take it as a compliment.

It should be back later this week so I'l throw up some more pictures with the top up after that.

Actually, here's one with the top up from the day after I bought it.

Nice, Galaxies rule. Good choice on the wheels too. My first car was a 66 and thank god it was a 289 and not a big block like yours for a teenager.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Nice, Galaxies rule. Good choice on the wheels too. My first car was a 66 and thank god it was a 289 and not a big block like yours for a teenager.

God the torque is unbelievable, but the horsepower is a bit lacking for such a heavy vehicle.

I got it as a highway cruiser for trips to and from Austin, hopefully it gets better mileage than the van.

I'll put together a project thread if anyone is interested. Already did the work on the engine and transmission, but still need to redo the floor, trunk, entire vacuum system, and suspension.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

Just got a 2007 black edition RS4 :rice:

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
That's loving nice.

Mr.Hodes
Nov 30, 2010
Just some b6 love, chipped 03 Audi A4

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rib Feast posted:

JFC. More pictures as soon as you can, please, inside and out.

I am in love.

boondocksts
Sep 28, 2004
the blazing s4

Rib Feast posted:

Looks great, I'm jealous of your seats and cleaner bumpers. The orange reflectors really mess with the front of the car, and the seats just looks fantastic (not that the US OEM ones are terrible)

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Rib Feast posted:

Wow, that thing is beautiful. The wheels look outstanding on that car. The gaps are perfect and the gunmetal finish goes great with the black paint.

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

Thanks for all the cool comments guys, I'll grab some pictures this weekend after I get back from the vineyards and clean it. Can't wait for the hour of windy roads I have to drive through.

Incidentally the wheels were light silver (like the side mirrors) and it made the car look quite nice and new, but not really that aggressive.. so the condition on buying it was that they baked on the titanium paint to the wheels. Definitely looks so much better - all up it cost me about $70USD a wheel to do.

I love the seats by the way - hit sport and they tighten around your torso and thighs with air pockets.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Awesome. Despite the carbon buildup, I still love mine. How comfortable are your seats? We in the US got the S4 Recaros, and while they're extremely comfortable those Euro RS 4 buckets look awesome. I've heard mixed reviews on actually sitting in them, though.

While we're on the subject, here's mine at Barber Motorsports Park a couple weekends ago. Picture by Colour Tech South.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

So after this happened to my 89 mr2....

I needed a new DD. After a few weeks of looking, I found this

1991 318i 5spd 184k, and I got it for $1500. The interior is pretty much perfect and the outside is drat good shape as well. Its in the shop right now to have the CSB replaced, and then I just need to get some other wheels and tires. This is my first venture into BMW ownership, but I am liking it so far. Its nice to have a 4 door after DD'ing aw11 mr2's for years.

vvv your telling me. It was my 4th aw11, and was just what I had wanted for years. 1989(has the LED brake light on the wing), black, blacktop 20v motor, tokico illumina's and ST springs. I loved that car way too much, but at least its living on in another local mr2 guys car.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 1, 2010

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Coming from somebody who's been actively looking for an MR2, that's a really really painful picture :smith:

z3bracak3
Apr 22, 2010
After driving my grandmothers old ford taurus wagon, I found this in a junkyard in April...i'm certain I paid a little too much ($3500) but i was able to drive it home from the junkyard and haven't had any problems so far. Was going to buy a winter car but I spent all my money so I can work on this while it's off the road. It needs paint, and the plastic interior needs a lot of work. The 305 runs with few problems...should probably do a 350 swap? The only thing thats changed is that the stock wheels are painted silver and I bought a set of new tires since the ones on it previously were super rotted. Seen a few of these on the forums, hey yall.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Rib Feast posted:

I've been wanting to drive one of these for quite a while. You should look up the carbon fouling problems these have and get it checked out if it's still under warranty.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

DogDodger posted:

Awesome. Despite the carbon buildup, I still love mine. How comfortable are your seats? We in the US got the S4 Recaros, and while they're extremely comfortable those Euro RS 4 buckets look awesome. I've heard mixed reviews on actually sitting in them, though.

While we're on the subject, here's mine at Barber Motorsports Park a couple weekends ago. Picture by Colour Tech South.

That picture rules.

z3bracak3 posted:

After driving my grandmothers old ford taurus wagon, I found this in a junkyard in April...i'm certain I paid a little too much ($3500) but i was able to drive it home from the junkyard and haven't had any problems so far. Was going to buy a winter car but I spent all my money so I can work on this while it's off the road. It needs paint, and the plastic interior needs a lot of work. The 305 runs with few problems...should probably do a 350 swap? The only thing thats changed is that the stock wheels are painted silver and I bought a set of new tires since the ones on it previously were super rotted. Seen a few of these on the forums, hey yall.

Yeah you paid too much, but these are pretty fun in my opinion and very comfortable to drive as well as super cheap to fix.

What year is it? I've got some interior parts that were never put on my El Camino that I could send you.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 1, 2010

z3bracak3
Apr 22, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

That picture rules.

Yeah you paid too much, but these are pretty fun in my opinion and very comfortable to drive as well as super cheap to fix.

What year is it? I've got some interior parts that were never put on my El Camino that I could send you.
That's very kind of you; it's an 85. Would the el camino parts be from around that? I think '86 brought interior changes if I'm correct but I'm very interested.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You definitely want to do a 350 swap. Yank something out of a truck, they're cheap. Way better than the 305 you have, and you can leave it stock or build it for as much power as your budget can handle.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Just picked up this little beastie for my father:

Its a 2006 Fiesta ST with just 32,000kms, great little car and I immensely enjoyed the drive back (needless to say I went the very long way round)

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

DogDodger posted:

I'll definitely have to look into the carbon issue - the car has done about 30k miles and has a full 2 year Audi warranty covering everything but tyres and gas in the tank. I do drive the balls off it though and use 97-98 octane gas with an ethanol mix.

The seats are fantastic but I can see where some negative feedback can come from.... The lower lumbar area needs to be right or your back will hurt. I drove about 8 hours in the car one day and for the first few hours I didn't have it set up right. Ouch. After adjusting it a bit the pain went away and everything was peachy.

The sport mode where the seat inflates around you is great too.

With a cotton shirt in the summer you will also get a warm/slightly sweaty back, I found myself opening the windows a couple of times (it's summer here right now) and leaning forward. We're talking is 3-4 hours solid driving on a hot day with aircon running fairly weakly.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

dissss posted:

Just picked up this little beastie for my father:

Its a 2006 Fiesta ST with just 32,000kms, great little car and I immensely enjoyed the drive back (needless to say I went the very long way round)
Nice little car. If Ford released it 6 months earlier, I would've got that (known in Australia as the XR4) than going for the Laser.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Rib Feast posted:

I'll definitely have to look into the carbon issue - the car has done about 30k miles and has a full 2 year Audi warranty covering everything but tyres and gas in the tank. I do drive the balls off it though and use 97-98 octane gas with an ethanol mix.
Thanks for the feedback on the seats. Unfortunately for the engine, being driven hard doesn't seem to affect the carbon buildup, and fuel doesn't either. The problem is with the direct injection design and the EGR and PCV systems. Since the fuel doesn't wash over the back of the valves, its detergents don't get a chance to clean the oil deposited there by the recycled exhaust gases and vapor from the crankcase. Audi's not the only one that has been experiencing this problem, but it still sucks. :( Some owners are recommending getting the engine cleaned every 20K miles.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

z3bracak3 posted:

I know that the majority of these cars aren't anything to write home about, but as an aussie who has basically no chance of ever owning one I want an 80s G-Body badly. They look amazing

porter
Dec 30, 2003

Rib Feast posted:

The seats are fantastic but I can see where some negative feedback can come from.... The lower lumbar area needs to be right or your back will hurt. I drove about 8 hours in the car one day and for the first few hours I didn't have it set up right. Ouch. After adjusting it a bit the pain went away and everything was peachy.

The sport mode where the seat inflates around you is great too.

With a cotton shirt in the summer you will also get a warm/slightly sweaty back, I found myself opening the windows a couple of times (it's summer here right now) and leaning forward. We're talking is 3-4 hours solid driving on a hot day with aircon running fairly weakly.

They are great cars and easily maintained. Congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
I just picked up a 2002 530i with 80k:

The interior is excellent, but the CEL was on. The code was P0741; time for a new torque converter (I'll probably just drive it until the shifting problems start). Still a pretty good deal for $5000 I think. The M steering wheel makes it faster!