Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Satorr posted:

So I got an email from Amazon stating that the Dark Horse Volume 3 book arrival date has been BUMPED from Dec 30th to Dec 8th. Just around the corner.

Only two days shy of the anniversary of when I pre-ordered the book.

It'll be really nice to receive that book in the middle of finals week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Satorr posted:

So I got an email from Amazon stating that the Dark Horse Volume 3 book arrival date has been BUMPED from Dec 30th to Dec 8th. Just around the corner.

It's like you subconsciously read the last post before you did yours.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I have an email from amazon that I will not read so as to avoid causing any offenses.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
The book was moved up so that the book releases can mirror the strip releases, the idea is that we'll get one of each at the same time.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

vinic posted:

It's like you subconsciously read the last post before you did yours.

I saw the post start with "achewood dream, etc." and I skipped the rest because my attention span was out on break and I was ultra-pumped about the book actually getting BUMPED.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Satorr posted:

I saw the post start with "achewood dream, etc." and I skipped the rest because my attention span was out on break and I was ultra-pumped about the book actually getting BUMPED.

This day has lasted for ages. Is it the 8th yet? Is it the 8th yet?

If Vol 3 has moved up, are there similar plans for Cookbook 2?

Helena Handbasket
Feb 11, 2006
That's weird, my local shop has A Home For Scared People out already as of Monday. I didn't buy it because it's on my Christmas list for myself.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

:catdrugs: :frogsiren: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12022010 :frogsiren: :catdrugs:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God I don't know what that thing is but I hate it! :gonk:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Solid strip! Now finish the current arc please! God drat it!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Happy Hippo posted:

Solid strip! Now finish the current arc please! God drat it!

There is no current arc. There is only the whim of Onstad. His want is our greatest desire. These apples are delicious.

Let's give a big ol' gently caress yeah to Amazon:

quote:

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC) :

1 Achewood Volume 3: A Home ... $11.55 1 $11.55

Shipped via UPS

Tracking number: 1ZA7817W03471XXXXX

Indeed: gently caress yeah.

Shipped yesterday, delivered (in theory) today. gently caress yeah, Amazon.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 2, 2010

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Hey guys, I think Chris might be depressed.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Vitriol posted:

Get that man 500CCs of bongos, stat!

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Vitriol posted:

I hope his buns get fat real soon. :(

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I really did not dig this last strip, I get the joke but really I wish we could have the arc finished

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Umm, the arc is finished, High School is OVER.

Sure, there's no closure, but that van is on it's way to David Lynch's house.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Bongos and new-age bullshit are inherently funny but I just straight up cannot look at that guy's face.

Boy Named Sue
Apr 19, 2003

YARRRRRR!!!

Silentman0 posted:

Bongos and new-age bullshit are inherently funny but I just straight up cannot look at that guy's face.

That dude's face is the stuff of nightmares, but that just makes the strip funnier, in my book.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like how imaginary roast beef is totally enthusiastic about this whole thing, with the open mouth and high eyebrows.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Whoa, edit on vol. 3:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10102002

has a different final panel. I was always so fond of "They both suicided?"

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
What's it changed to?

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
From now on, Achewood's principal character will be Roast Beef, with Molly and an increasingly unhappy Teodor making up the supporting cast. Every other character will be excised completely.

Every strip will be about someone being depressed. Regardless of who is depressed, the last panel will always be Roast Beef, crying. Crying alone.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
The saddest thing is how he's pulling Molly down with him.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I dunno man, she keeps just coming back with a big grin on her face calling him "sweetie". It seems like the snapshots we're getting of the sad cat is when he's his saddest.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Randomly came across this in WoW the other day

(check the completion text)

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Vitriol posted:

If you lived in Portland during the Fall/Winter months you'd understand. And during the Spring too.

The snow comes just long enough for everyone to turn the freeways into bumper cars then melts away to dreary wet sadness.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

vinic posted:

I dunno man, she keeps just coming back with a big grin on her face calling him "sweetie". It seems like the snapshots we're getting of the sad cat is when he's his saddest.

Molly is an enormously good and patient woman.

I'm just as happy to assume that High School is over, Téodor didn't have to suck anything, and Lurquilla and Nice Pete between them became David Lynch's new muse.
Oh, and all the little chinchillas got dried off and warm and lived happily ever after.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Dove from Above posted:

Téodor didn't have to suck anything,

I don't know how you could think that after the Pandora strip

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chris Onstad, do you need a hug?

I will give you a hug if you want it.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

rotinaj posted:

Chris Onstad, do you need a hug?

I will give you a hug if you want it.

The hug would just depress him even more, because he'd know the only reason you're giving him one is because he's sad.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

stupid ugly retard posted:

I don't know how you could think that after the Pandora strip

Just because he didn't have to doesn't mean he didn't want to.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Received a home for scared people.
Life is better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Picking mine up this weekend, can't wait to read all the author's notes and little backstory sections, in addition to reading the strips again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Picked up A Home For Scared People, the reflections on Beef and Ray are a great read, especially Cornellius' wonderful story about Roanal and the aioli. Whenever I read Achewood I end up wanting to go buy a shitload of ingredients I never heard of and fail to make the most delicious sounding things.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

So whats up with the Achewood store? I want some of those GOF posters as Christmas gifts, but adding them to my cart on the site gives me a message about them being out of stock. I got the same message 2 weeks ago as well. Am i just out of luck here? :(

smr
Dec 18, 2002

I am also curious about something with the store; are the collections from the Achewood store better or the same or worse than the Achewood, Vol. X available from Amazon and the like? I'd like the extras that the latter seem to include, but I'm also looking for comprehensive collections.

Guidance?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure the Achewood store collections are the earlier versions and are closer to trade paperbacks than the hardbound copies from Darkhorse.

It's been a while since I've seen one of the softcover books, but I'm pretty sure they don't have commentary from Chris Onstad.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
They also don't have the alt-text for each strip, and I think I remember Onstad saying he was phasing them out in favor of the Dark Horse anthologies.

Also, and probably more importantly, I think the Achewood Shop is dead in the water right now. The link has disappeared from achewood.com and going directly to achewoodshop.com loads the shop but anything I try and put it in card says it's out of stock.

Even without that, I'd say you should get the Dark Horse ones, they are awesome. I just hope the release schedule ramps up...

smr
Dec 18, 2002

Thanks, all, that's what I was kinda figuring but wasn't totally sure.

Is The Great Outdoor Fight considered Vol. 1? There's some weird import thing on Amazon that claims to be Achewood Vol. 1 but it seems wrong to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah Great Outdoor Fight is Vol. 1.