Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Directorman posted:

Yeah no one plays me around here, either :(

Also since the one I have came out before Episode 1 was released, but during the time it was being made, there's an entire prequel category with a ton of really gimmicky questions about obscure crew members and script writing and whatnot.

Ha! I have the same one. I can't remember the Episode I questions, but I remember them being rather silly. I was also outlawed from playing with it. The only one I got "wrong" was a question about what color the controls on the Falcon were. I was confused, and just said gray. The answer was silver, and they counted me wrong. Since I had just gotten around 20 right, I didn't argue.

As for the original question, no idea on a good Star Wars trivia game. If you find one, let me know, because I'd like one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SeanBeansShako posted:

He killed a tribe of Bedouin Arabs then?

Not just the men. The women...and children!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Chaos Hippy posted:

Not just the men. The women...and children!

Spice is a hell of a drug.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
420 smoke death sticks erry day

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
"You want to buy some special editions?"
"You don't want to sell me any special editions."
"I don't want to sell you any special editions"
"You're going to go home and rethink your life."
"I'm going to go home and rethink my life."

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pope Mobile posted:

"You want to buy some special editions?"
"You don't want to sell me any special editions."
"I don't want to sell you any special editions"
"You're going to go home and rethink your life."
"I'm going to go home and rethink my life."

Jorge Baddirrectoranno

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

SeanBeansShako posted:

He killed a tribe of Bedouin Arabs then?

Be careful how deep you dig, forums poster SeanBeansShako.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Be careful how deep you dig, forums poster SeanBeansShako.

Oh god, when did he kill a bunch of Scouts!? :gonk:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That podracer repair droid that got sucked through the engine, that's CGI over a real event, except when he emerges alive on the other side, that was faked :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alright it was Jett Lucas, Jorge's son only exists in CGI now.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

That podracer repair droid that got sucked through the engine, that's CGI over a real event, except when he emerges alive on the other side, that was faked :colbert:

I liked that scene, the droid clearly had a good time. :3:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Man, I would be so angry if some of my non-living property went around comically wrecking my other non-living property. Or even just offering it's programmed opinions in a facsimile of real conversation. Why don't more characters say "Hey, shut up, object!" to C3PO?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

:siren: SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT IN THE GREEDO SHOOTING CASE :siren:

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 2, 2010

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Mister Roboto posted:

A new angle on the Greedo character...

Yeah, he was played by Maria de Aragon in pickup shots. I really don't need to know this, but I do.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Haha, wow, is that Mark Hamil rocking out with a 'tache too?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Man, I would be so angry if some of my non-living property went around comically wrecking my other non-living property. Or even just offering it's programmed opinions in a facsimile of real conversation. Why don't more characters say "Hey, shut up, object!" to C3PO?

This is a fantastic question and I would love to see this happen.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Trying to find the answer to that, I came across this little nugget.

Wookieepedia posted:

In one television documentary, George Lucas said that C-3PO--and thus by extension all droids--had no soul

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Trying to find the answer to that, I came across this little nugget.

"You see, kids, C3P0 and R2D2 are outside the Force because they are soulless and an abomination. They can't do anything and when they die nothing will happen and they'll just be thrown away like the junk they are."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Leovinus posted:

"You see, kids, C3P0 and R2D2 are outside the Force because they are soulless and an abomination. They can't do anything and when they die nothing will happen and they'll just be thrown away like the junk they are."
"Thrown away like all your toys, I'll have to read The Velveteen Rabbit to you little bastards."

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
In an alternate universe, George Lucas died in 1997 and the prequel trilogy was written by David Simon.

"What the pudu did I do?"
-Jerus McJannick

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Haha, wow, is that Mark Hamil rocking out with a 'tache too?

Hamill has blonde hair so no.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

NGL posted:

Yeah, he was played by Maria de Aragon in pickup shots. I really don't need to know this, but I do.

I'm going to just interpret Greedo as a female of her species from now on.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.

Leovinus posted:

Sounds a lot like Preadamism

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Hamill has blonde hair so no.

You sure? that photograph isn't well lighted. Somebody else help us with this.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SeanBeansShako posted:

He doesn't look a thing like Hamill.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

There's no way that's Mark.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Kemper Boyd posted:

In an alternate universe, George Lucas died in 1997 and the prequel trilogy was written by David Simon.

"What the pudu did I do?"
-Jerus McJannick

I think Anakin hid some bodies in the vacants in Mos Eisley.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I was going through a nostalgia kick, so I decided to listen to a bunch of old Weird Al songs. So, the song "YODA" comes on, and I get to the lyrics "I asked him his name, and in a raspy voice he said 'Yoda'", and I started sperging the gently caress out because that's not the way it happened and Yoda was completely evasive with Luke and a total dick, and then I realized what I was doing and wanted to die.

And I blame all of you.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

Crowetron posted:

I was going through a nostalgia kick, so I decided to listen to a bunch of old Weird Al songs. So, the song "YODA" comes on, and I get to the lyrics "I asked him his name, and in a raspy voice he said 'Yoda'", and I started sperging the gently caress out because that's not the way it happened and Yoda was completely evasive with Luke and a total dick, and then I realized what I was doing and wanted to die.

And I blame all of you.

It's your own fault for listening to Weird Al.

Crow T Bard
Nov 6, 2009

NeonTurtle posted:

It's your own fault for listening to Weird Al.

Especially since he only released a few minor songs and then blew his brains out.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Crow T Bard posted:

Especially since he only released a few minor songs and then blew his brains out.

Wait what?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

yeah I can't decide whether to smack my sister or be happy I raised the kid right:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Darth Vader is clearly loving snowy Death Star.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Wait what?

And then the record company replaced him with a lookalike. Didn't you know?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

feedmyleg posted:

Darth Vader is clearly loving snowy Death Star.

And then the record company replaced him with a lookalike. Didn't you know?

PAUL IS DEAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yall please forgive me for not reading thru this whole thread to see if its already been discussed, but will somebody give me a quick opinion of the Star Wars: Empire at War windows game? Also the Forces of Corruption expansion pack.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

PAUL IS DEAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!

That's the joke, yes.

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Yall please forgive me for not reading thru this whole thread to see if its already been discussed, but will somebody give me a quick opinion of the Star Wars: Empire at War windows game? Also the Forces of Corruption expansion pack.

Fun fan service, pretty fun space battles, atrocious land battles. All-in-all a mediocre FPS that would have been forgotten had it not been star wars.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Its not the best, but it has a decent modding community. Just never auto-resolve your battles.

And it is dead cheap now. Better than Force Commander anyways.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

I use to play the poo poo out of that game despite its many flaws. Until the day I took the Executor and flew it to a rebel controlled planet. A single B-Wing squadron(3 ships total) came and attacked the Executor. Now keep in mind the Executor can launch something like 20 squadrons of TIE Fighters/Bombers/Defenders. I've taken out entire fleets of enemy ships with it. So I think "I'll just auto-resolve this one fight." Sure enough the Executor goes down in flames. I calmly quit the game, took the CD out of my computer, then snapped this disc in half.

gently caress that game.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Space battles were amazing but the land battles were atrocious. If you ever do galactic conquest, choose the empire. Create the death star and go around blowing up every planet so you don't have to fight a land battle for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Mister_Eel posted:

I use to play the poo poo out of that game despite its many flaws. Until the day I took the Executor and flew it to a rebel controlled planet. A single B-Wing squadron(3 ships total) came and attacked the Executor. Now keep in mind the Executor can launch something like 20 squadrons of TIE Fighters/Bombers/Defenders. I've taken out entire fleets of enemy ships with it. So I think "I'll just auto-resolve this one fight." Sure enough the Executor goes down in flames. I calmly quit the game, took the CD out of my computer, then snapped this disc in half.

gently caress that game.

I thought that in the vanilla game, ships didn't function as carriers? It's been a while since I played it using anything other than one of the big mods, so I could be wrong.

Also, sperging out over Weird Al's "Yoda" is exactly the same thing I do whenever I hear Dropkick Murphy's "Wicked Sensitive Crew".

"...I cried when Micky died in Rocky II..." always makes me feel bad even to sing along with it, since Micky died in Rocky III ;)