Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

It photographs better than it looks in person but track bike, track plastics. Getting near to completion though. Also I finally have stickers in hand. Email me your address at conan d at g mail and I'll get some out to you.

YES. I love those colors. I'm pretty excited to watch you race again.

With you racing, and Tsaven on the road.. CA feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Z3n posted:

That's beautiful, anyone who thinks otherwise can get out.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Things will come together more once I have the upper, but the question now is:

How should I paint the wheels? Leave them black? 2 tone? Spokes in orange, outer edge in blue? I'm leaning towards 2 tone, but I want to see the complete fairings before I make a decision.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Two tone can never look bad, especially in those colors. That's my buddy vote.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Spiffness posted:

Two tone can never look bad, especially in those colors. That's my buddy vote.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

loving beautiful. But seems to be missing the "Muff" logo.

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

Z3n posted:

It photographs better than it looks in person but track bike, track plastics. Getting near to completion though. Also I finally have stickers in hand. Email me your address at conan d at g mail and I'll get some out to you.

Spectacular.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
I should probably check in on this thread more eh? I'm not ignoring you Jabs, thanks for the Fiesta link. I love that picture of the Fiesta, like a beetle preparing for insect battle.

And as for my thoughts on children, yes I will have 1 one day. Not in the next 5 years, and if there's anything wrong with it I'm killing it and having another one. No one will ever know :colbert: All kidding aside, my clock is very quiet right now. It only comes out a bit when I'm around my nephew (people think I'm his Mom he looks exactly like me) and even then I ignore it. I am, above all else, an insanely practical person and I know what a commitment children are. When I'm in a financially stable place and Conan's on board, hoorah. Until then, I keep my ovaries under lock and key.

Speaking of being practical, we're selling the DRZ. Conan needs money for his race fund and I'm willing to let my bike go for that right now. I don't have much time to ride and when we went on a ride yesterday I didn't really enjoy it BECAUSE Z3N HAS COMPLETELY hosed UP MY FRONT END AND IT DOESN'T STEER :mad: Don't trust him around your bikes ever, he's a deceitful man ;)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
If you were 200 pounds it'd feel just great. :colbert:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Fatso.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
DRAMA!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Z3n, for all that is holy, never wear a high viz suit. Don't go down that road. Please.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

KARMA! posted:

Z3n, for all that is holy, never wear a high viz suit. Don't go down that road. Please.

My textiles are black and silver, thanks. :smug:

I actually do have a semi update on the project front. I need to re-wrap the wiring harness on the 250, because the idiot PO stripped all the wires off.

Other things the idiot PO did:

It had a fairly bad oil leak, and the PO had covered the entire back of the crankcase in JBweld, trying to stop the leak.

That is the crush washer. :saddowns:

Replaced the crush washer, no more leak.

It needs a clutch, a clutch lever, a clutch cable, the wiring harness addressed.

I haven't gotten the chain yet, and stickers haven't gone out yet because I'm waiting on the second batch that includes some more of these too:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

That is the crush washer. :saddowns:

Jesus. I was wondering where the hell a 15-17 mm finish washer would even go. :v:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Fatso.
Fatso, or fetish? :quagmire:

(I can't unthink that, so I'm inflicting it upon all of you!)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

If you were 200 pounds it'd feel just great. :colbert:

:stare:

You don't even weigh 200lbs, what's the point? I'm trying to be nice and you insult my weight :colbert: Asshat :jerkbag:

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

It's funny imagining you two sitting in the same room on your computers, insulting each other on the forum without speaking. This is why my girlfriend will never know about Cycle Asylum.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

It's funny imagining you two sitting in the same room on your computers, insulting each other on the forum without speaking. This is why my girlfriend will never know about Cycle Asylum.

At the risk of sounding like the absolutely gooniest couple ever, this has totally happened. It's the modern equivalent of leaving love notes to each other under their pillow!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Upper and lower will be picked up on thursday, chain should be here around then, and I might have the bike ready to go by this weekend. :w00t:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 1, 2010

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Someone has a cat door into their garage. Do you get visits from kitty? :3:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
By having such a nice paint job you realize you've doomed yourself to some bodywork destroying crash the first outing, right? :(

(don't crash)

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

needknees posted:

By having such a nice paint job you realize you've doomed yourself to some bodywork destroying crash the first outing, right? :(

(don't crash)

Nah, it will just fall over in transport.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

8ender posted:

Someone has a cat door into their garage. Do you get visits from kitty? :3:

That's my friend's place, he has a pair of cats name Calvin and Hobbes.

I have these adorable loafs to get visits from:

needknees posted:

(don't crash)

If you saw the paint job in person you wouldn't say that ;) These plastics are basically toast, with the paint just sort of being slapped on over them. I made it very clear to my friend (who's a perfectionist) that he just should slop the paint on there and eventually I'll buy a proper set of fairings and we'll paint those. Then I can crash the hell out of those, but I'll hopefully be protected by the spares rule. Gosh, racing is hard! :v:

Clank posted:

Nah, it will just fall over in transport.

I haven't dropped a bike while transporting it yet. No time like the present to start though, right? :haw:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

I love this picture of her, it sums her up with one look.

We usually are not posting at the same time. I work from home and might check forums on a break while Conan's at his office. When we first met, I had hinted to Conan that I liked him and was not able to get a read on his response. So I IMed him and we had a whole chat about relationships online and he gave me a sob story about his ex girlfriend. He wasn't ready to date yet and I was fine with that, but he could have just told me.

Sometimes it is easier at times to discuss something online rather than in person, but fortunately Conan has learned and can just talk in real life now ;)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'm far too manly to be good at communication, obviously.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
BA: "Hey conan, here's a hint: I like you. Do you like me back?"

Z3n: *cocked cowboy hat, stares into the sun* *clears throat* *a single tear runs from his eye*

Z3N SLOWLY WALKS INTO THE SUNSET TO THE SOUND OF HIS SPURS. BUNWAY AIRLINES STANDS THERE, INCREASINGLY WORRIED ABOUT THE SITUATION. HER PLEADS SLOWLY FADING AWAY.

BA: "I'm serious, dont walk away! Why don't you say anything? Anything?! .... I ... I ... love you..."

-- END SCENE --

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Haha, that's so true and probably applies to most guys on this forum:

Online: I'M JUST FEELING A SADNESS THAT I USED TO BE ABLE TO PROJECT ON HOW OTHER PEOPLE LET ME DOWN BUT RIGHT NOW I KNOW THAT THIS IS MY OWN poo poo AND I HAVE TO CRY THAT poo poo OUT OF MY OWN EYES

In person: so...hehe...you know what "backing it in" is? nono, it's a motorcycle thing, hehe

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Suggesting new bike colors should not be gulf oil, but light pink and purple with light blue wheels to match riders soul.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Well, stunningly accurate renditions of my inner being aside, the fairings will be picked up tomorrow and I got the chain yesterday, so I might even have a working bike this weekend.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

Well, stunningly accurate renditions of my inner being aside, the fairings will be picked up tomorrow and I got the chain yesterday, so I might even have a working bike this weekend.
When you get the 'real' fairings down the road, I vote that Gulf Orange be replaced with Ducati..er...pink? Lavender? What the hell is that color, anyway?

:black101:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jabs posted:

When you get the 'real' fairings down the road, I vote that Gulf Orange be replaced with Ducati..er...pink? Lavender? What the hell is that color, anyway?

It's kind of a mauve...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

I'd rock that bike.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

SaNChEzZ posted:

It's kind of a mauve...

There's no such colour if you're a male

Yo z3n, bike is looking awesome. Waiting on the pics of the full fairing :)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I'd rock that bike.
drat right!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Primo Itch posted:

There's no such colour if you're a male

Yo z3n, bike is looking awesome. Waiting on the pics of the full fairing :)

Apparently there's no such color if you're a female too. Purple it is.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Well I know what color the B bike is going to be! :v:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
It takes a true man to ride a pink bike :clint:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Finally a bike that matches my toilet re-fresheners.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Z3n posted:

Upper and lower will be picked up on thursday, chain should be here around then, and I might have the bike ready to go by this weekend. :w00t:

I can't wait to see it all assembled, and also, make sure you have someone taking pics of people's reactions when you take it to the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Well I know what color the B bike is going to be! :v:
Really?

Get outta town! :)

As I was working on it yesterday, I kept thinking about the different races I've watched over the years, and the one thing that got stuck in my mind is that people-not-in-the-know will pick out someone to root for by the paintjob on whatever is racing.

People might show up to a Rocky Mountain Vintage Racers event because they know someone who races an old big-block Corvette in one division, but not know poo poo about anything else - and will pick out the 'cool' car to root for in, say, the Formula VW race.

So, after I posted, it struck me that Gulf Blue and Pink is definitely a 'cool' take on a classic paintscheme. Won't help you catch any podiums, but it'll definitely get you noticed. =)

drat if those colors don't have me thinkin' now. gently caress.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 3, 2010

• Locked thread