Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

SaNChEzZ posted:

(Random Number): I love when people make a point to speed up and go around me when I'm just putting down the road, only to realize it was all in vein when I split by them at the next red light or traffic.

vain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
While we're poking Sanchezz with a stick... :v:

SaNChEzZ posted:

#6: I love when people make a point to speed up and go around me when I'm just putting down the road, only to realize it was all in vein when I split by them at the next red light or traffic.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

aventari posted:

vain

vane

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

aventari posted:

vain

dunno how that one slipped by me. I had a dream I was doing wheelies on a sumo last night in the alley behind my parents house (which was magically dirt instead of paved). Does that mean something?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

vane
veighn

(Coming from the guy who named the dog in Dragon Age: Origins 'Gpheighdhoughe'. Sometimes I think I was born Welsh.)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 18, 2010

modify_evolution
Jan 21, 2010

Jabs posted:

veighn

(Coming from the guy who named the dog in Dragon Age: Origins 'Gpheighdhoughe'. Sometimes I think I was born Welsh.)

Féighyn

It's like naming a kid!

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
1. When my friends in the car ask my why I got off the freeway. The answer is always "Cause I was bored."
2. I've learned a lot of back roads in my area that I had absolutely no reason to ever be on.
3. Pulling a squidly wheelie from a light cause the kid in the back of the SUV asked you to real nicely.
4. The look of horror on the parents face when their kids scream with glee.
5. When your boss gives you the strangest look when you rode to work in ~34*f weather.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I got to blip the SV for a kid today for the first time, it was wonderful. Grinned from ear to ear (both of us).

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 28, 2010

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
This one time I was at a White Castle and it was real late. The only other customers were some high school kids who were driving a station wagon. I left at the same time as they did (they were eating there, I just ordered and put the bag of sliders into my backpack) and I saw their faces etched with jealousy as I started my bike and revved the engine.

Underneath my helmet, I was all "Nyah nyah! I have a bike and yoooouu doooon't!"

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The last time I rode was June 15th then I got sick, spent a bunch of time in the hospital and even more time at my parents house recovering. Last night my Dad and I arrived at my house, first thing I did was walk out to the garage and sit on the bikes and it felt great.

This morning my only goal of the day was to ride. Took 20 minutes to get my boots on thanks to some fluid buildup in my feet/ankles but it didn't matter. Suited up, hopped on the SV and took off. Froze my rear end off but it didn't matter. Got home and jumped on the DRZ. Froze my rear end off again but it didn't matter because I was back on the bike. All the bullshit I put up with for the past few months was worth it because I'm back on the bike and its great.

Putting my Dad on the DRZ today and watching him turn into a kid again. Takes off across the lawn and tears out of the neighborhood. Supermoto corrupts

Tipped
Jan 9, 2007

Bondematt posted:

5. When your boss gives you the strangest look when you rode to work in ~34*f weather.

This is a favorite. Riding in a snowstorm is also pretty awesome.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

NitroSpazzz posted:

The last time I rode was June 15th then I got sick, spent a bunch of time in the hospital and even more time at my parents house recovering. Last night my Dad and I arrived at my house, first thing I did was walk out to the garage and sit on the bikes and it felt great.

This morning my only goal of the day was to ride. Took 20 minutes to get my boots on thanks to some fluid buildup in my feet/ankles but it didn't matter. Suited up, hopped on the SV and took off. Froze my rear end off but it didn't matter. Got home and jumped on the DRZ. Froze my rear end off again but it didn't matter because I was back on the bike. All the bullshit I put up with for the past few months was worth it because I'm back on the bike and its great.

Putting my Dad on the DRZ today and watching him turn into a kid again. Takes off across the lawn and tears out of the neighborhood. Supermoto corrupts

Bwahah, that's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what were you sick with that put you in the hospital and away from the bike?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Tipped posted:

This is a favorite. Riding in a snowstorm is also pretty awesome.
Rode into work today (I ride in everyday there isn't snow/ice at my house), about 34 degrees and just as I got to work it started snowing.

MrZig posted:

Bwahah, that's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what were you sick with that put you in the hospital and away from the bike?
Started with H1N1 for a week in mid July, got to the point where I admitted myself to ER overnight for some fluids. They pumped 5 bags into me over night and while there I picked up c.diff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostridium_difficile). My gut is already weakened from a small intestine transplant 12 years ago so it hit me a lot harder than it would for most people. Still not back to 100% but getting there.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 1, 2010

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Bondematt posted:

Yea I get this all the time riding my bicycle to work. I ride it when it is 35, then they are like "now you know its gonna be 25 tomorrow, what are you gonna do?" WTF do you think, I am going to ride like I do every other day I don't go to a client's.

I did my first long distance ride on my motorcycle 2 weekends ago. It was awesome, like 10 bucks of gas, would have been 45+ in my car.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
1. When the speedo cable pops off and I haven't fixed it yet so I just go until I get to WHEEEEEE miles per hour.

2. Looking goofy as all hell in my green uniform jeans that let my socks stick out the tops of my hiking boots, but not giving a drat because the ride to work on a Sunday when no one else is on the roads is spectacular.

3. Laying down on the gas tank. It feels like I'm in a bubble of happy.

4. Saying "I ride a Ninja 250!" with a big grin to dudes that ride liter bikes. I don't think they know what to make of me.

5. I noobed up an oil change spectacularly so my bike kinda slowly drips oil all the time, the license plate jiggles nearly off every few rides, the handlebars are bent, the clutch lever's broken, the instrument panel's back plastic hunk is cracked so I duct taped it to the fairing, the windscreen is all wonky and the gas tank is dented but I love love love this bike. I pat the gas tank when I get to work in the mornings and when I get home in the evenings. It takes care of me in my noobitude. :3:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Frances B Cat posted:

5. I noobed up an oil change spectacularly so my bike kinda slowly drips oil all the time, the license plate jiggles nearly off every few rides, the handlebars are bent, the clutch lever's broken, the instrument panel's back plastic hunk is cracked so I duct taped it to the fairing, the windscreen is all wonky and the gas tank is dented but I love love love this bike. I pat the gas tank when I get to work in the mornings and when I get home in the evenings. It takes care of me in my noobitude. :3:

This is also perfect preparation for a supermoto.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

#∞: Passing between 500-1000 cars stuck in gridlock traffic every morning while splitting down one of the busiest/most congested streets in Los Angeles.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

SaNChEzZ posted:

#∞: Passing between 500-1000 cars stuck in gridlock traffic every morning while splitting down one of the busiest/most congested streets in Los Angeles.

I can't drive in LA anymore. I've seen the light.

WildWanderer
Nov 14, 2007
10 on tha Gnar-scale

SaNChEzZ posted:

This was my ride to Oakland last weekend. My friends in the bay area put on a vegan Thanksgiving potluck thing. I was coming down from Chico. After I passed Sac-to and got on 80, it was gridlock almost the whole way to Davis.. SWEET!!! All those poor saps in their cages, later suckas!!

I lanesplit and weaved almost the whole way to the Bay Area.

Fun stuff!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

SaNChEzZ posted:

Related: Getting bored of being stuck in traffic/concerned about engine temp (busted radiator fan in summer, woo!) on roads to narrow to split, thinking "gently caress it" and going Postie mode past everyone.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Surely we haven't run out of things to love the poo poo out of while motorcycling yet?

#n+1: The first few warming, sunny days after a cold snap. Going out after not riding for a week or two and feeling the bike respond as you twist open more throttle coming out of a turn and it stands itself up under power.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

GanjamonII posted:

Surely we haven't run out of things to love the poo poo out of while motorcycling yet?

#n+1: The first few warming, sunny days after a cold snap. Going out after not riding for a week or two and feeling the bike respond as you twist open more throttle coming out of a turn and it stands itself up under power.
The first warm day, when I can take the liner out of my jacket, stop wearing thermals, put on thin racing gauntlets, and stop wearing a balaclava is going to be amazing. Winter gear is so restrictive and makes riding a lot less natural.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The fact that your birthday coincides with the beginning of spring and the advent of the riding season. Just three weeks left (oh god 27 years old).

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
I love looking at my desktop background and being reminded of my last motorcycle ride to work.

gently caress you, Winter.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

What crazy land do you live in that has enough riders to have dedicated parking spots, but has winters cold enough to keep you from riding?

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

MetroDetroit! We have motorcycle spots during the spring and then they convert to car spots in the winter.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

Oh great, so now Baltimore is officially a worse place to live than DETROIT. ;)

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
It has been, since 1996.

gently caress ART MODELL

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Crayvex posted:

I love looking at my desktop background and being reminded of my last motorcycle ride to work.

gently caress you, Winter.

Who's the rear end in a top hat on the supermoto that decided to cut through the gravel, kicking it all over the road there?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Thing I love the poo poo out of while on a motorcycle #N+1 - being the rear end in a top hat on the supermoto that decided to cut through the gravel, kicking it all over the road there?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

SaNChEzZ posted:

Who's the rear end in a top hat on the supermoto that decided to cut through the gravel, kicking it all over the road there?

Behind the bikes?

Those are leaves

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

You are correct, sir! All of our supermoto riders are prissy nerds who would never sully their bikes in actual dirt. You'll notice that there were only two bikes there on a beautiful 40 degree day. All the other riders are pussies.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

wrong thread :|

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
1. Parking wherever the gently caress I like, whenever the gently caress I like. Even if it's not OK, no one knows the rules w/r/t bike parking here so its cool.

2. Getting my confidence back after a couple of dumps, leaning further into corners than I ever have before, feeling like superman.

3. Riding to college in the rain, and sitting on my bike in the plumes of steam coming from my engine getting warm.

4. Terrifying small children

5. Turning into a small child on open country roads.

Edit: and this is just on a 125. Rode my dads XT650 a couple of miles in the country a while back, it was the most exhilerating experience of my life. I cannot wait to pass my bike test and get a bigger bike.

meme fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 30, 2011

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

I realized one just yesterday!

1, turning left instead of right when going home from work. Great way to unwind :D

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009
1. Owning a vehicle that fills up for ten bucks, can park anywhere, go through any weather or any terrain, out accelerates just about every other car out there, and gets 50 mpg.

2. Wearing all the gear, all the time. Whether you feel like a spaceman, superhero, or Darth Vader (its a prerequisite for black helmets), its loving awesome.

3. Despite sitting next to a 2011 Porsche at the light, everyone is looking at you. Even the guy in the Porsche. And its 35 degrees out.

4. Rolling the throttle on in corners, body tucked in, head lowered, feeling like you're flying a F15 3 feet from the ground.

5. All the places you'll go, the people you'll meet, and the memories you'll make travelling on two wheels than four. I've had more spur of the moment trips and have talked to and made friends with more strangers than I can count riding my bike than driving my truck.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
The feeling you get from negotiating a corner perfectly. Every corner on a motorcycle can be exciting.

Waving at kids and making their day.

Making the ladies jaws drop, I look drat good in my gear. Vanity, baby!

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Gweenz posted:

Making the ladies jaws drop, I look drat good in my gear. Vanity, baby!

I get this too

then I take off my helmet :backtowork:

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

IHatePancakes posted:

4. Rolling the throttle on in corners, body tucked in, head lowered, feeling like you're flying a F15 3 feet from the ground.

Even flying doesn't feel like flying as much as riding a bike does...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Primo Itch posted:

Even flying doesn't feel like flying as much as riding a bike does...

I like to imagine I'm zooming around on a Star Wars speeder bike or one of those badass WH40K jetbikes.

• Locked thread