Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deong posted:

So I'm trying to get into T-mo, what phone do I grab. The G2 or the MyT4g? I don't care about the keyboard really, but rootability is big. Since Cyanogen runs a G2, I'm thinking I might go w/ that. Does the MyT4g run cyanogen etc? I don't think I can let my guard down for the Nexus S to be honest.. maybe after it comes out I can ditch whichever on craigs and grab the nexus s.

I need to get away from my drat hero, its soo loving slow.

G2. Cyanogen loves his and he's actually releasing updates for it more than his Nexus One now. He's getting unfuckered Quadrant scores of 3k+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

G2. Cyanogen loves his and he's actually releasing updates for it more than his Nexus One now. He's getting unfuckered Quadrant scores of 3k+.

That was kind of what I'm thinking. I'm trying to get in on my brothers employee plan (he's at Tmo) woot. I want quadrant scores over 800 :P

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

deong posted:

So I'm trying to get into T-mo, what phone do I grab. The G2 or the MyT4g? I don't care about the keyboard really, but rootability is big. Since Cyanogen runs a G2, I'm thinking I might go w/ that. Does the MyT4g run cyanogen etc? I don't think I can let my guard down for the Nexus S to be honest.. maybe after it comes out I can ditch whichever on craigs and grab the nexus s.

I need to get away from my drat hero, its soo loving slow.

i love my MT4G, it's thin and solid and feels really good in the hand, plus it's faster than the G2 and has the front camera. CM porting to it is coming along slowly though, one dev put out an early alpha with a bunch of missing features, and it'll be at least a week before another dev gets an MT4G - if you must have AOSP you should definitely look elsewhere. Keep in mind that MySense isn't bad at all, and thanks to the ton of RAM and fast chip the phone flies right out of the box.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I just got an Evo, but I'm having trouble getting it rooted using the stuff linked to the goondroid wiki, is there a new way to do it now?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Blade Leader posted:

Is anyone aware of ROM development for the Canadian Telus Fascinate? I have scoured XDA forums for information but turned up nothing.

Yeah, apparently they don't care about Canadian phones (at least not Canadian SGS) on XDA.

You could always try posting there. Also in the Vibrant forum, since Samsung classifies it as a variant of the Vibrant (SGH-T959), even though it's up a flash and down a 1700 band.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Maarak posted:

I just got an Evo, but I'm having trouble getting it rooted using the stuff linked to the goondroid wiki, is there a new way to do it now?

New Evos are a pain in the dick to root. I used this guide on my wife's Evo.

Jack Flint
Dec 12, 2006
Fleece as white as snow in a city
I rooted my international Galaxy S and installed ROM manager. However, when I try to boot into recovery with it or make a backup of the current I get an error message saying "failed to verify whole-file signature, signature verification failed". If I actually could get clockwork recovery installed I could of course disable the verification, but now I just get into the normal recovery screen.

Help?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
The Telus Fascinate is unique in that it is a Fascinate that uses GSM instead of CDMA. From what I understand this means that stuff made for the Verizon Fascinate won't work.

For reference the Rogers Captivate is identical to the AT&T Captivate, and the Bell Vibrant is identical (slightly different modem firmware, but that's simple to change) to the international i9000.

The point is that the Telus Fascinate probably won't ever see a huge development community like the other two.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Jack Flint posted:

I rooted my international Galaxy S and installed ROM manager. However, when I try to boot into recovery with it or make a backup of the current I get an error message saying "failed to verify whole-file signature, signature verification failed".
The Froyo kernel comes with a new recovery that actually performs the update.zip signature check (like the CDMA Galaxy S devices) that was missing in the Eclair versions. The only fix for this is to replace the kernel with one that includes the old (no sig-check) recovery.

This will do the job for you. Also note that this is a pre-rooted kernel, so you can actually apply it on a unrooted Froyo ROM and you'll get root capabilities after. It shouldn't be a problem to install on an already rooted device.

Jack Flint posted:

If I actually could get clockwork recovery installed I could of course disable the verification, but now I just get into the normal recovery screen.
The ROM manager version of ClockworkMod never actually installs to the device. Instead, it is loaded from the update.zip everytime you boot into it from the stock recovery. ClockworkMod itself will load update.zips without signatures, but so does the old recovery so the distinction (for that purpose) isn't great right now.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
What happened to new builds of MIUI coming out every friday? I don't see anything for the Incredible.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

travisray2004 posted:

What happened to new builds of MIUI coming out every friday? I don't see anything for the Incredible.

There's been a new one, but remember that the MIUI team don't develop for that device themselves. Blame your device's developer community for any delays.

Isaac Asimov
Oct 22, 2004

Phrost bought me this custom title even though he doesn't know me, to get rid of the old one (lol gay) out of respect for my namesake. Thanks, Phr

IOwnCalculus posted:

New Evos are a pain in the dick to root. I used this guide on my wife's Evo.
Thanks, lookin at this now...

edit: this pains my dick a lot because I don't have windows.

Isaac Asimov fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 5, 2010

Huxian
Nov 12, 2008

"It's not just the swearing either. She's got quick fists too."
So what's everyone's Froyo ROM of choice for the Vibrant?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MIUI users: *#*#6484#*#* offers dev-settings, including disabling the background boxes on the Homescreen and disabling over-scroll bouncing.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Paramour posted:

Axura was clean and simple and worked well for me, but last time I checked, the dude lost it over people not paying him for the rom. I don't see much future in it. It seems most other roms had some sort of gotcha to them.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
If you have the bell vibrant it's Doc's Froyo Bell edition.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
For people using MIUI: Anyone have MYTheme1.2? I'd love to get it, but I don't know Chinese and it won't just let me download it :qq:

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Is anyone here running the 2.2.320 leak on your Droid X and having problems restoring apps with Titanium Backup? I posted a thread on XDA about the issue when I realized I couldn't restore a single app without my phone rebooting itself. I think it has something to do with the way TB backs up apps, so be warned that until the problem is fixed, none of your backups are valid.

XDA thread, for reference: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9597443#post9597443

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

Paramour posted:

For JK6 they're all about the same since the leak was so recent. It's performing really well for me, if you just want a stock one, I would suggested using my No Bloat build.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Mogomra posted:

For people using MIUI: Anyone have MYTheme1.2? I'd love to get it, but I don't know Chinese and it won't just let me download it :qq:
edit2: managed to figure out that posting anything over there gives you experience credits, so here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6fc00d55c5yvg7y is MYTheme.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?7pg42mzn96rzpt0 is MYtheme1.2解锁画面是1.1的.zip

I have no idea what the differences are.

Also a couple other MIUI theme resources:
http://miui-dev.com mirrors themes from time to time.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/99864-miui-dev-themes.html another good theme mirror

PREYING MANTITS fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 5, 2010

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Holy crap! Thanks! Good info too :)

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Mogomra posted:

That's probably the best basic MIUI theme I've seen.

Still sticking to SWG cause I set up some poo poo around it, but that's really nice looking, for an Android theme.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
It appears there's a MYTheme 2.0 now, I went ahead and grabbed it for anyone interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?xrkcuwyszavinbk

Related thread:
http://www.miui.com/thread-10977-1-1.html?extra=page%3D1

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Am I thinking right, that anything on my NEW G2 :woop: will be listed under the HTC Desire Z on XDA?

Still waiting for the sim and I already want to pop cyanogenmod on there heh.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deong posted:

my NEW G2 :woop:

Grats. Yeah, it's actually the Desire Z. Make sure you stick to the GSM threads as I think there a are a few CDMA versions floating around. Edit: I'd stick with CM on it though. Steve loves his and it looks like it will be supported for quite a while.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Grats. Yeah, it's actually the Desire Z. Make sure you stick to the GSM threads as I think there a are a few CDMA versions floating around. Edit: I'd stick with CM on it though. Steve loves his and it looks like it will be supported for quite a while.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
It's crazy. This phone has 100% w/o signal ofcourse, and the bitch still has 10% life after 1d0h9m. My hero is dead in 8 hrs on a good day, with good signal and no use outside of autosyncing. I think I'm in love. :swoon:. And this thing has some drat heft to it. Feels solid as hell.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

deong posted:

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
It's crazy. This phone has 100% w/o signal ofcourse, and the bitch still has 10% life after 1d0h9m. My hero is dead in 8 hrs on a good day, with good signal and no use outside of autosyncing. I think I'm in love. :swoon:. And this thing has some drat heft to it. Feels solid as hell.

I love mine, too. Only had it for 2 days and it's the greatest thing ever. I'm hesitant to root it already - it works so well as is. I'll probably hold off until 6.1 official, so I don't feel compelled to re-flash it every time another RC comes out.

One question - how many alert LED notification options are there? The super-slow pulse on the action button drives me nuts, I'd just like something a little more frequent.

Also - are there more options for waking it other than that button on top?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
You'll need root for both of those. Both are built into CM.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

deong posted:

Am I thinking right, that anything on my NEW G2 :woop: will be listed under the HTC Desire Z on XDA?

Still waiting for the sim and I already want to pop cyanogenmod on there heh.
XDA actually has a section specifically for the G2 as well.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Yea, found that. I just wanted to be 100% Desire Z and g2 were the same. I'm already on CM6 with it, playing with the settings. It's so awesome to have a flash, and FM radio. Neither features I expect to use though heh. New toy's rock.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs
In my limited use I've found the radio reception on the N1 hasn't been very good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zarkov Cortez posted:

In my limited use I've found the radio reception on the N1 hasn't been very good.

Yeah, pretty piss poor on mine too.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

deong posted:

After doing a lot of reading on XDA under G2/DesireZ sections (I'm still waiting for Vodafone UK to ship my Desire Z! :arghfist: ) I think the only difference is that they use different HBOOTs. So just make sure if you're changing it to use the right one.

madept
Oct 14, 2004
title...

Sunblood posted:

Is anyone here running the 2.2.320 leak on your Droid X and having problems restoring apps with Titanium Backup? I posted a thread on XDA about the issue when I realized I couldn't restore a single app without my phone rebooting itself. I think it has something to do with the way TB backs up apps, so be warned that until the problem is fixed, none of your backups are valid.

XDA thread, for reference: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9597443#post9597443

Weird, I'm running 2.2.320 also and having no problems restoring and no errors when verifying.

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by
Every Evo should come stock with Fresh Evo and SetCPU installed. The only obvious, noticeable difference between this and HTC's stock ROM is a massive boost in battery life.

Spermatic Cord
Jun 6, 2006
Any way to find out what's causing my newly flashed MIUI Evo to reboot randomly? I've had about 4 within the hour.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

diarrhea for girls posted:

It appears there's a MYTheme 2.0 now, I went ahead and grabbed it for anyone interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?xrkcuwyszavinbk

Related thread:
http://www.miui.com/thread-10977-1-1.html?extra=page%3D1

http://www.draecas.com/android/MYtheme2.0.zip

For a non-annoying mirror.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
CM 6.1 stable dropped for everything supported (non GS phones).

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Spermatic Cord posted:

Any way to find out what's causing my newly flashed MIUI Evo to reboot randomly? I've had about 4 within the hour.

I've been talking with bcnice and he says there's a bug with wireless causing random reboots on the device. if you have wifi on turn it off and your phone will stop rebooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

CM 6.1 stable dropped for everything supported (non GS phones).

I installed it, but if rumors are true I'm probably going to just wipe and put a rooted 2.3 on tomorrow if it drops. I absolutely love the bounce-back scrolling. Hopefully Gingerbread has enough eye candy to make up for it.