Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

FractionMan posted:

Said mutual friend also had a flatmate who went out with Josie Long. He was apparently lucky to do so.

Why? Is she particularly dirty or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Bringing back the balls to Rock

Flatscan posted:

Why? Is she particularly dirty or something?

Oh no, he's just apparently not the best pick of men. Also this was some years ago, when she was less.... svelte.

I'm doing all sorts of badmouthing here. I should say something nice I guess.

I watched Sherlock recently, it was loving awesome.

General Apathy
Apr 5, 2009

Revenant Threshold posted:

Is this one of the ones that seems to have Ross Noble on a lot? I've searched for some of his stuff in the past and he turns up a lot on Australian panel shows.

Yeah Ross is on it fairly often. The show is hosted by Adam Hills, who does a lot of gigs in England and has been on Mock the week a few times, so it's probably not to hard for him to get some of the brit comedians to do his show.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Cerv posted:

Drop the Dead Donkey was awesome and it's amazing how well it's aged.

And it's all on 4OD for free if anyone wants to check it out that isn't a filthy colonial.

Incidentally - Jeff Rawle (the editor, George) from Drop The Dead Donkey is in a Belgian game called Divinity 2. The whole game I was trying to pinpoint his voice and then suddenly it clicked for me.
It's so strange.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

General Apathy posted:

so it's probably not to hard for him to get some of the brit comedians to do his show.

Ross Noble moved out to Australia to live with his wife

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

We might all be waiting for Uther to die, Arthur to take the throne and for Merlin to come out the magic closest, but you can't get there too quickly at risk out running out of plot / Arthurian legends.

It's possible that once Arthur rules Camelot, with Merlin by his side, and with the round-table installed, the writers might find a new direction to take the show. However, it's just as likely, if not more so, that it represents the point at which it jumps the shark, and it loses what made it what it was.

Yeah, keep in mind they're Arthurian Legends though so having Uther sitting there like a moldy sock is not making for fun television.

Installing the round table would make a whole bunch of characters to explore and to have adventures with. If that requires the magic closet to be opened, so be it. It's pretty drat open with the the whole Coup that happened with Magicians and everything. Hell, the only person who doesn't know poo poo at this rate is Arthur and it's making for frustrating television.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Merlin? Dont you mean 'Dark Ages Smallville'?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Taear posted:

And it's all on 4OD for free if anyone wants to check it out that isn't a filthy colonial.

Incidentally - Jeff Rawle (the editor, George) from Drop The Dead Donkey is in a Belgian game called Divinity 2. The whole game I was trying to pinpoint his voice and then suddenly it clicked for me.
It's so strange.

That game was so much better with German audio.

"Drakon richter !"

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

ibroxmassive posted:

Ross Noble moved out to Australia to live with his wife

I heard his house burnt down in the fires they had last year, which is why he's doing more stuff here now to make some money. Don't know if he's actually moved back though.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Ratjaculation posted:

I think that Paul should become the host and they should get someone far less Daily Mail than Ian "I don't understand football - look at audience, lean head" Hislop to replace Paul as team captain.

Stewart Lee - but he hates doing panel shows

Ian's pretty sympathetic to the student protests, which isn't very Daily Mail. He's basically a 19th centuary liberal transported to modern times. But yeah, he isn't really funny, which is a problem.

Still, Private Eye is probably the only paper that does any actual journalism, so he's got that going for him.

Daedo posted:

Snap. I don't even know what it is about her...

Probably some hosed up freudian thing. She's quite "mumsy."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Or they just like fatties.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Or they just like fatties.

I reckon it's the twee little girl act. They're just a pair of paedos.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Maybe it's both and they are doubly wrongcocked.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!
Ian Hislop would be funnier if he didn't smugly look at the audience every time he makes a joke.

I like HIGNFY, but it really could use some freshening up. Merton and Hislop are starting to get a bit stale.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
I'm not a big fan of Merton or Hislop, but they do provide a base level of comedy and they're basically just secondary/tertiary hosts. No belly laughs, but, you know, it'd be worse without them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ein Bear posted:

Ian Hislop would be funnier if he didn't smugly look at the audience every time he makes a joke.

I like HIGNFY, but it really could use some freshening up. Merton and Hislop are starting to get a bit stale.
Merton always tends to look a bit tired and bored on HIGNFY these days, might be the crappier choice of hosts like Lee Mack. They need to get Brian Blessed on again or something out there like Gordon Brown, that'd be pretty funny actually.

Kid Moe
Mar 18, 2009

Hello Mr.Thompson

Daedo posted:

Snap. I don't even know what it is about her...

We should go twos on a bastard and shower after whilst crying

:negative:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

meme posted:

I'm not a big fan of Merton or Hislop, but they do provide a base level of comedy and they're basically just secondary/tertiary hosts. No belly laughs, but, you know, it'd be worse without them.
thing is though, Merton did used to be a lot better than he is on it now and possibly the same could be said for Hislop. They still do alright but have been better

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I could watch Ken Livingston for hours. :allears:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I agree, Paul Merton was a lot more whimsical, before his wife died.

Kid Moe
Mar 18, 2009

Hello Mr.Thompson

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I agree, Paul Merton was a lot more whimsical, before his wife died.

Selfish Bastard

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Ann "global warming doesn't exist and gays shouldn't have equal rights" Widdecombe is out of Strictly Come Dancing, which is cause for celebration even if you don't watch it.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

paint dry posted:

Ann "global warming doesn't exist and gays shouldn't have equal rights" Widdecombe is out of Strictly Come Dancing, which is cause for celebration even if you don't watch it.
She is a joke and a pretty funny one. Listening to her pull the "let's see you do better" card week on week was starting to tire though so eh, not really going to miss her.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Some Strange Flea posted:

She is a joke and a pretty funny one. Listening to her pull the "let's see you do better" card week on week was starting to tire though so eh, not really going to miss her.

She was funny at first, but then you remember she's a horrible old bigot who should hopefully now gently caress off into retirement forever (not that she will.)

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Flipswitch posted:

something out there like Gordon Brown, that'd be pretty funny actually.

Holy poo poo that would be awesome. This needs to happen. Or Tony Blair :allears:

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I hated Ann from the first episode, her talking back to the judges and obviously not actually trying to dance and talking about how 'hilarious' her routines were.....ugh. The fact that she knew exactly how it was going to go down after what happened with John Sargeant a couple of years ago pissed me off too.

I know that makes it sound like I'm taking it too seriously but if you are going to go on a dance show you should at least pretend to give a poo poo about trying to dance.

Ugh

On a less mental ranting note the trailer for whats on over christmas on the BBC looks pretty good http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/03/bbc-christmas-2010

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

hookerbot 5000 posted:

I hated Ann from the first episode, her talking back to the judges and obviously not actually trying to dance and talking about how 'hilarious' her routines were.....ugh. The fact that she knew exactly how it was going to go down after what happened with John Sargeant a couple of years ago pissed me off too.

I know that makes it sound like I'm taking it too seriously but if you are going to go on a dance show you should at least pretend to give a poo poo about trying to dance.

Ugh

On a less mental ranting note the trailer for whats on over christmas on the BBC looks pretty good http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/03/bbc-christmas-2010

It was all just a cynical attempt to turn herself into a loveable old "celebrity" for people who knew nothing about her. Hopefully it's going to backfire when her legion of new fans find out what a repulsive person she really is.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If I appear to go insane over the next few days. it's because I'm starting an Apprentice Binge. Despite avidly watching all the previous seasons, I've not found time this year, something I'm about to rectify.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The best thing about Widdecombe is that she literally is an old lady from a Monty Python routine. Literally. In a literal sense.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I got half way through the first episode of the apprentice, but I've now been sucked in by Popatron.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I can't watch anything with N-Dubz in it, even ironicly.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

post more ridiculous hollyoaks plot lines

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Good lord, I want a FDR Model too :(. I'm such a Mark.

Melche
Apr 29, 2009

HoldYourFire posted:

Holy poo poo that would be awesome. This needs to happen. Or Tony Blair :allears:

Did you see Lembit Opik on it the day after he lost his seat in the last election? Now that's quality television.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

goatface posted:

I can't watch anything with N-Dubz in it, even ironicly.

*dappy flies in*
You are unable to watch a great episode of buzzcocks then.
*dappy flies out*

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

LE0N posted:

*dappy flies in*
You are unable to watch a great episode of buzzcocks then.
*dappy flies out*

I didn't think N-Dubz where around while Mark Lamarr was still doing Buzzcocks.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Flatscan posted:

I didn't think N-Dubz where around while Mark Lamarr was still doing Buzzcocks.

Never found Lamarr that funny to be honest.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
BBC that it Christmas show reel out:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/03/bbc-christmas-2010

Looking good, first look at the Top Gear ep as well and had to giggle like an idiot at Hammonds face with the reveal.
Dr Who seems to be going down the Christmas Charol road but knowing the writer its going to be fantastic interpretation of the old story and characters, much like Rock and chips, I thought the one early on in the year was a one off.

Is it sad that iam looking forward to Upstairs Downstairs?

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."
If you haven't seen his new DVD - Stewart Lee: If You Prefer A Milder Comedian Please Ask For One and are a Lee fan you're in for a treat! Can't wait for his new BBC series next year either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

HoldYourFire posted:

If Blair were on they'd have to go without a live studio audience. That wouldn't work at all.

Not that he'd ever agree anyway.