Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Her arguments were just horrible all around. The only one she had a point on was the oatmeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The zucchini too, it's better to buy fresh vegetables than frozen breaded ones. Though regular frozen vegetables are just as good. But who eats zucchini anyway?

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Sitius Verlai posted:

I just want to know what the crazy powdered milk witch did to that poor milkman.

"Gaaaah! Hell is hot!"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ballz posted:

Sooo... I'm kind of clueless when it comes to streaming stuff from the internet two rooms over on my big screen TV. Well, aside from my PS3 media player so I can play video files and movies like that.

With that in mind, will it be possible to stream this upcoming Rifftrax event using my PS3 or through some other means?

I can stream fairly well with Playstation Media Server. It's got all the codec packs to convert on the fly and stream to your PS3. I'd recommend using a physical connection, though. My wireless has been less than admirable when streaming.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

I can stream fairly well with Playstation Media Server. It's got all the codec packs to convert on the fly and stream to your PS3. I'd recommend using a physical connection, though. My wireless has been less than admirable when streaming.

I've been using SimpleCenter and fun fact: The signal gets interrupted if you use the microwave. :psyduck:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I've been using SimpleCenter and fun fact: The signal gets interrupted if you use the microwave. :psyduck:

That... explains a lot, actually. Odd. :s

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Vicissitude posted:

That... explains a lot, actually. Odd. :s

Microwaves use the same frequency to cook that most wireless uses.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So I've been trying to watch the Transformers 2 rifftrax today. Emphasis on trying. This piece of poo poo movie makes The Room look like a modern classic, I'm barely at the 60 minutes mark and I had to pause the movie and do something else (like make this post) several times to take a break from all the suck. The rifftrax itself is great and they call MB out on all his crap, but it's barely enough to make it tolerable.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

So I've been trying to watch the Transformers 2 rifftrax today. Emphasis on trying. This piece of poo poo movie makes The Room look like a modern classic, I'm barely at the 60 minutes mark and I had to pause the movie and do something else (like make this post) several times to take a break from all the suck. The rifftrax itself is great and they call MB out on all his crap, but it's barely enough to make it tolerable.

I had to watch that one in multiple sittings. It's weird, it seems to me that riffing works best on poo poo old movies, new ones still have the comedic element but for some reason the actual movie distracts me more which in return makes me want to shut it off.

I couldn't even watch 1/3rd of The Room if I remember right.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Valuum posted:

Having only just subjected myself to the concentrated insanity of The Room recently, you need to see this Riff all the way through. It may be the best one they've ever done.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Valuum posted:

I had to watch that one in multiple sittings. It's weird, it seems to me that riffing works best on poo poo old movies, new ones still have the comedic element but for some reason the actual movie distracts me more which in return makes me want to shut it off.

I don't know if you're talking about The Room + Rifftrax but the Room is 1000% better sans Riff, plus alcohol and friends.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Room is the best riff if you mute the Rifftrax during the sex scenes. :eng101:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The Room is the best riff if you mute the Rifftrax during the sex scenes. :eng101:

Really? I thought those were the funniest uses of Disembaudio so far.

edit: Just rewatched the Calender short, and honestly, I think that those calender fairies are even weirder than B Natural. Mr B would watch that short and say "Ok, wow, take it back a step."

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 3, 2010

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Vicissitude posted:

How would I go about streaming the video from the RT web site using my PS3? I'm using PS3 Media Server version 1.10.51 and while I can play music and videos from my computer's hard drive without any problem, I didn't see any sort of internet option.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I guess in an hour they're streaming the announcement of the Christmas Rifftrax Live Online's (long name) feature selection. Also a short if you tune in. I'm at work so I won't be able to see that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, its not even time yet and I can't get the website to load. Not boding well for them having worked the kinks out yet.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
Huh, "service unavailable". Yeah, if they're having this much trouble for an announcement video I think I'll pass on the actual event. :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They ended up streaming the paid short on the free page (I bought the short, but the link they provided never loaded). I do hope they sort it out, because the movie looks really hosed up (Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny).

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

...Yeah now I'm having second thoughts about buying it, seeing as how they couldn't even keep the site up to announce what they would be riffing.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Twilight: Eclipse is up.

Can't wait to watch it, all the Twilight riffs have been gold.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Eclipse begins with a reading of Robert Frost. I hate it already

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
Jeezus, that was the movie that would never end. I think it's even worse than the first two for nonsensical plots.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Silentgoldfish posted:

Jeezus, that was the movie that would never end. I think it's even worse than the first two for nonsensical plots.

Worse than New Moon, a movie in which the height of the action is a chick who can't act pulling a sparkling vampire out of sunlight to avoid exposing himself? :psyduck:

Christ. I have the riff and I'm planning on experiencing this tomorrow. I honestly can't wait, which is sad to say because it's a Twilight movie and all, but the last two were made so hilarious by the riffs that I'm sure I'll enjoy laughing uncontrollably at this one too.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Oh dear lord this movie is bad. Airbender was garbage but at least it had some visuals to distract you, this is just pure eye/ear/brain poison. And yes, the riff is brilliant as usual.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Eclipse was the best of the Twilight movies. However, I can pick out the nicest looking piece of poo poo, but it's still a piece of poo poo.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Eclipse was actually almost somewhat watchable and had an actual plot arc. It was much better than the other two movies in that it was almost mediocre as opposed to utterly horrible.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Darko posted:

Eclipse was actually almost somewhat watchable

Not really, I can't imagine watching it without the riff and being even remotely entertained.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I've been using Thrifty's guide to reauthoring the riffs onto a DVD, which has been working out pretty good so far - except I find that sometimes the movie drowns out the riffs or the riffs might drown out the quieter parts of the movie. Anyone know how to get around this? In the guide, he makes an offhand reference to using autoduck in Audacity, but never gets into details on how to use it, so any advise would be appreciated.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Double Bill posted:

Not really, I can't imagine watching it without the riff and being even remotely entertained.

This. I watched it a little while ago and the riff made it entertaining, but I'd never watch it by itself. New Moon was worse, but make no mistake: Eclipse is a terrible movie.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Seventh Arrow posted:

I've been using Thrifty's guide to reauthoring the riffs onto a DVD, which has been working out pretty good so far - except I find that sometimes the movie drowns out the riffs or the riffs might drown out the quieter parts of the movie. Anyone know how to get around this? In the guide, he makes an offhand reference to using autoduck in Audacity, but never gets into details on how to use it, so any advise would be appreciated.

Audacity 1.3.9 (that's my version right now) or better
1. Make sure the riff is on the bottom, movie audio on top
2. Select the region of the movie audio to duck
3. Select Effect -> Auto Duck
I set Duck amount to -20, Threshold to -40, everything else default or smaller

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
I find the first Twilight movie the most entertaining of the three just because it's so ineptly made. The third one is just tediously competent which I think is one of the reasons it dragged even with riffs.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Audacity 1.3.9 (that's my version right now) or better
1. Make sure the riff is on the bottom, movie audio on top
2. Select the region of the movie audio to duck
3. Select Effect -> Auto Duck
I set Duck amount to -20, Threshold to -40, everything else default or smaller

How did you get that version? The current beta version is 1.3.12 (stable 1.2.6).

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

How did you get that version? The current beta version is 1.3.12 (stable 1.2.6).

Oh, yeah. I'm using a beta.
e: Not sure if 1.2.6 has the feature or not but anyways, it hasn't always been there.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 6, 2010

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I have 1.3.11 and the feature's there, so I'll give that a shot - thanks!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Silentgoldfish posted:

I find the first Twilight movie the most entertaining of the three just because it's so ineptly made. The third one is just tediously competent which I think is one of the reasons it dragged even with riffs.

A coworker who saw it said that the fight scenes were actually somewhat decent, with maybe one approaching "good."

But that was the only compliment they could give it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I thought the fight scene was terrible. They spend the majority of the movie building up this "newborn army" as some massive threat and they end up getting defeated with little effort.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Wiseblood posted:

I thought the fight scene was terrible. They spend the majority of the movie building up this "newborn army" as some massive threat and they end up getting defeated with little effort.

I loved Kevin's comment about completely invalidating the first two acts of the film at that point.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

And their repeated jokes about human blood making the newborns stronger.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Wiseblood posted:

Well, this riff will probably be what gets me to see it, but I imagine you're a lot closer to reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Wiseblood posted:

Hey now, one of them slightly injured one wolf, I'd say the buildup was perfectly appropriate.

I figured the point of the movie was: they're getting married!! also some other stuff happens I guess

• Locked thread