Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sock
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks, I might pick it up again. Have they added a lot to it since it first came out?

My roommate plays Left for Dead on the XBox a lot, never really got into it though.

I should have mentioned I like playing multiplayer games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sock
Dec 28, 2006
I would LOVE starcraft 2, I tried downloading the trial and it ran like poo poo, even with the graphics on low. I played starcraft 1 so much when I was a kid.

I'll check out DoW2, sounds pretty cool

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

The Sock posted:

I'll check out DoW2, sounds pretty cool

If you want to get it from steam, you can wait until the steam christmas sale and probably get it for well under $10 from there, if you're tight on money.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I'm struggling to find games that are scratching my itch.

Games that I have really enjoyed recently:
Red Dead Redemption(didn't finish it, gonna pick it up now I think)
Resident Evil 4(prolly gonna get Dead Space)
Demons' Souls
Uncharted(both but 2 much more than 1)

I am not real interested in multiplayer aspects, jRPGs, or RTS games usually. I do have all 3 consoles but my laptop isn't that great.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Can anyone recommend a "life simulator" game, where you follow a character's life from start to finish? I've already tried Real Lives, and while I liked it, I'm hoping for something less abstract.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

DeathSandwich posted:

If you're looking for multiplayer, you really can't beat TF2. If you want something more co-oppy Left 4 Dead 2 is up for $20 as well and is extremely fun if you have a good team, but extremely frustrating if you have a bad one.

For an RTS, if you don't mind spending a little bit more money, I find that Dawn of War 2 is a really good RTS game if you're not willing to drop the whole $60 on starcraft 2. It's $30 on steam, the single player will last you about 12 hours and plays a lot differently than the multiplayer, you control 4 units and get droppable upgrades from enemies ala diablo 2. The multiplayer community is kind of meh and the matchmaking pretty atrocious, but if you play with goons you can have some good times. The bonus? The multiplayer expansions are inclusive, if you just buy the base game you are limited to the original 4 races, but you can play with people who have the expansion if they play as chaos and whatnot.

*edit* Also DoW2 has full co-op on the single player campaign.

Dunno about the competitive multi but last stand is quite fun, if hard. You have a persistent hero (SM, Ork and Eldar in vanilla, Tyranid and Chaos get added in the expansion) who teams up with two other to try and fight off twenty waves of enemies. You don't get item drops like in SP though, each level gives you one new piece of war gear (So a level 7 Chaos Sorcerer will always have the same available equipment as any other level 7 Chaos Sorcerer).

e: heh, oops didn't notice there was a new page, point still stands though, last stand is pretty fun.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 1, 2010

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Zoinker posted:

Can anyone recommend a "life simulator" game, where you follow a character's life from start to finish? I've already tried Real Lives, and while I liked it, I'm hoping for something less abstract.

It's not a sim, but Fable games take you from childhood to being elderly, don't they? Also, The Sims lets you see people age as well.

Not sure at all if these are the types of games you're looking for though.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Zoinker posted:

It's all text base, but have you tried Alter Ego? It's pretty much exactly what you described, and is now available as a browser based game.

http://www.playalterego.com/alterego

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I'm looking to get my friend a game for Christmas. She's not really into games, but she has a PSP with a few lovely licensed games for it. She's pretty smart so I was thinking a noodle scratcher like Professor Layton or Brain Age, or something creative like Scribblenauts, but then I remembered these games are for the Nintendo DS, not PSP (I know dick about hand-helds, as it is).

Are there any games for the PSP along the lines of those? I briefly considered Patapon, but I fear it may result in murder.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Bloodcider posted:

I'm looking to get my friend a game for Christmas. She's not really into games, but she has a PSP with a few lovely licensed games for it. She's pretty smart so I was thinking a noodle scratcher like Professor Layton or Brain Age, or something creative like Scribblenauts, but then I remembered these games are for the Nintendo DS, not PSP (I know dick about hand-helds, as it is).

Are there any games for the PSP along the lines of those? I briefly considered Patapon, but I fear it may result in murder.

Unfortunately, there is a serious lack of decent puzzle games on the PSP whereas the DS is overflowing with them.

But a few suggestions -

Lumines: A trippy kind of tetris like game. Multi colored blocks fall and you have to match the colors while some cool music plays that actually goes along with what you're doing. Much better then what I'm describing.

Puzzle Quest: This is bejeweled with an RPG attached. So you have to use spells and abilities to beat your opponent at bejeweled. If she likes bejeweled, this will add a new level of depth to the game.

Echochrome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfICeBtVv8U It's a puzzle game where you have to manipulate a level in 3d to reach the end. Imagine Escher made a video game.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

a medical mystery posted:

Try Bootfighter Windom XP SP-2. It's a rather primitive, but somewhat fun Virtual On clone. It has multiplayer, but I'm not sure if anyone still plays it.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was pretty fun, but to be frank, I think the balance in that game was pretty bad. Some robots were blatantly better than others, to the point where they gave shittier robots more lives in a few game modes.

Unfortunately, they stopped developing free versions after a certain point and slapped a price tag on newer updates. I think that kind of killed the game. Also, it was Japanese, so you'd have to pay in yen.

E:

The Sock posted:

Thanks, I might pick it up again. Have they added a lot to it since it first came out?

My roommate plays Left for Dead on the XBox a lot, never really got into it though.

I should have mentioned I like playing multiplayer games.

As long as we're doing a recommendations thread, I recommend that you never play Valve games on consoles. Always get the PC version. They can't patch out bugs (which inevitably pop up) much, stop updating in a couple months, and are harder to control. The PC version stills gets updates.

This was especially bad in TF2, as they literally couldn't fit in the additional content that came after the pyro update... which was one of the first ones aside from the medic and heavy. So naturally, there are no alternate weapons for any other classes, none of the newest Polycount Pack weapons, no hats, and a lot of bugs that got patched out a long time ago in the PC version. Oh, and the servers are mostly dead on the 360, from what I hear. PS3 had it worse. It literally got no patches, ever. Every single glitch from release is still there, and no new weapons or anything, because EA published it and Valve basically lost control of it after release.

Moral of the story? Always get the PC version of Valve games. It never ends well for them on consoles.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 2, 2010

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
Guess I was too vague last time, my bad.

Does anyone know any decent PC boxing/MMA/wrestling games? I liked the Fight Night series a lot, but I'm looking for something a little different that I can take with me wherever I bring my laptop.

Or just tell me your favorite PC sports games that's cool too. Or if anything remotely resembles Smash Bros for the PC but I highly doubt that one.

TroubledWaters fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 6, 2010

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I'm looking for a couple of things;

1) Something like Heavy Rain. That game had its share of flaws (including some MAJOR plotholes) but it was extremely engrossing despite them and I'm itching for a game that sucks you in that much and is original. Might be hard to find though (is Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy any good, or is it just ridiculous?). Also, part of what I liked about Heavy Rain was the choice aspect, where the decisions were yours and their results made sense. The only game I've played that's come close to that is Alpha Protocol (though very different genres). Don't say Mass Effect, because while I love those games they shoehorn you into choosing all either Red or Blue options for maximum result, rather than choosing per situation.

2) Something like Splinter Cell Conviction or Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've liked stealth games like the Metal Gear Solid series and the earlier Splinter Cell's but they can be finicky, slow, and extremely based in trial and error. A singplayer adventure like these two that combines action and stealth would be awesome.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

2) Something like Splinter Cell Conviction or Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've liked stealth games like the Metal Gear Solid series and the earlier Splinter Cell's but they can be finicky, slow, and extremely based in trial and error. A singplayer adventure like these two that combines action and stealth would be awesome.

Have you ever played Deus Ex? It's not as modern or slick in its combat mechanics as the games you've mentioned, but it is about the best mix of stealth and combat you're going to find in a video game besides those other games. The coolest thing about DX is that you can always play an entirely stealth character, an entirely action character, or any mix of the two you like at basically any time.

Also, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is coming out early next year, which is going to be very similar to the original, but completely modernized in graphics and mechanics, so if you're the type that can't really stomach the Unreal Engine 1 graphics of the original Deus Ex, you can just chill for a couple months while you wait for the exact game you've just described to come out.

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

With great power comes great responsiblity...TO ROCK OUT!

mune posted:

I'm looking for an RPG where you preferably can control a group (or at least exert some control over a group) in battle, and not turn-based. Preferably light on the story, and hopefully where you have huge customization options.

Ideally I'm looking for a combination of Icewind Dale II and FFXII (for PC, PS3, or 360) but maybe a little faster paced. Man, I wish I had a better way of describing it.

I read this and the first thing that popped into my head is Dungeon Siege 1. It's light on the story, group play, real time combat, and I had a ball playing through the single player and even doing co-op in the entirely new multiplayer map. Lots of loot drops too and varied weapons. The second I didn't have as much fun with, and well Dungeon Siege 3 is coming out eventually from Obsidian so it'll be awesome, if bug infested, but still awesome.

Kilauea
Aug 17, 2008
My wife is a raging pyromaniac and I was wondering if there are any games where it is really fun to light poo poo on fire. Preferably a RPG but any genre is fine as long as burning things is particularly fun.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kilauea posted:

My wife is a raging pyromaniac and I was wondering if there are any games where it is really fun to light poo poo on fire. Preferably a RPG but any genre is fine as long as burning things is particularly fun.

I seem to remember Return to Castle Wolfenstein having a pretty bitchin' flame thrower and plenty of cheat codes, so you could probably easy just give yourself the flame thrower and infinite ammo right at the start of the game and have yourself a ball.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 6, 2010

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Kilauea posted:

Far Cry 2 you can set entire grasslands on fire, Alone in the Dark (the new one) has some pretty amazing fire physics as well, too bad the rest of the game sucks incredibly.

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

Kilauea posted:

Minecraft. Anything that's built with wood can be set on fire. You can start forest fires and watch the world burn. You can make TNT and blow crap up. You can use a biome editor to make your entire world full of trees before lighting it all on fire. There's lava about too you can use to set stuff on fire deliberately or accidentally.

I.T Zander
Aug 27, 2008

by angerbot
Should I get...

Sacred 2

or

Deamon's Souls

I'm sure most of you are gonna say Deamon's Souls, but I'd just like to get some help comparing/weighing the two considering they are two completely different RPGs.

Which one is better for a day of pot brownies?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I.T Zander posted:

Should I get...

Sacred 2

or

Deamon's Souls

I'm sure most of you are gonna say Deamon's Souls, but I'd just like to get some help comparing/weighing the two considering they are two completely different RPGs.

Which one is better for a day of pot brownies?

Demon's Souls is so much better in every way. It looks better, it plays better, it sounds better, it is better. Sacred 2 is a mediocre hack 'n slash that I probably wouldn't even play if it was free. If you want to play a game like Sacred 2, play Diablo 2.

Edit: If I was high off my gourd on pot brownies, I would be pissed about having to play Sacred 2. Or even watch it. Demon's Souls is even fun to watch.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 6, 2010

I.T Zander
Aug 27, 2008

by angerbot
Edit: /\ Do you know any other games that are good for playing whilst high off your gourd on brownies?

Bluetooth human being posted:

If you want to play a game like Sacred 2, play Diablo 2.

That's just it. I loved Diablo 2, but I didn't like the fact that it was all dark and depressing. Sacred 2 seems like a less depressing version of Diablo.

I'm yet to play either game. Do you know if a demo is available on the Playstation store for either game?

The concept behind Sacred seems really redundant, however Diablo was redundant, but I loved Diablo.

I.T Zander fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 6, 2010

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Kilauea posted:

I'm going to second the new Alone In the Dark (PS3 Version); there are a lot of fire-based mechanics and fire is very very prevalent in the game.

For an RPG, you're probably best off with one of the big open-world ones like FO3 or Oblivion. FO3 and NV have the whole VATS system going on so you can see your target incinerated in slow-motion.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I'm looking for a couple of things;

1) Something like Heavy Rain. That game had its share of flaws (including some MAJOR plotholes) but it was extremely engrossing despite them and I'm itching for a game that sucks you in that much and is original. Might be hard to find though (is Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy any good, or is it just ridiculous?). Also, part of what I liked about Heavy Rain was the choice aspect, where the decisions were yours and their results made sense. The only game I've played that's come close to that is Alpha Protocol (though very different genres). Don't say Mass Effect, because while I love those games they shoehorn you into choosing all either Red or Blue options for maximum result, rather than choosing per situation.

1) Indigo Prophecy is a good choice. It _is_ ridiculous but really no more so than Heavy Rain in my opinion and it definitely has that whole choice and consequence thing going on. The Witcher is also an excellent choice for this, particularly because you don't see the results of your choices until much later and nothing is clearly black and white at the time. The first two Fallout Games were great in this respect too and at the end you'd get an awesome montage show-casing the effects of your various decisions.

2) In my mind, Arkham Asylum and SC:C are really just 'bad-rear end simulators'. In this respect, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood may meet your needs. It has very poor stealth elements but it's still a lot of fun and the combat is actually quite reminiscent of Batman's now with a smooth flow of kick-assery (AC2 was not nearly as good in the combat department). Also, you can recruit people and with the press of a button have them leap out of hiding and stab someone in the neck, so there's that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

I.T Zander posted:

That's just it. I loved Diablo 2, but I didn't like the fact that it was all dark and depressing. Sacred 2 seems like a less depressing version of Diablo.

Well if you don't want dark and depressing, you don't want Demon's Souls. Seriously that game is about the coldest, darkest, most depressing game I can think of.

However, it is by far the better game of the two.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I.T Zander posted:

I'm yet to play either game. Do you know if a demo is available on the Playstation store for either game?

The concept behind Sacred seems really redundant, however Diablo was redundant, but I loved Diablo.

The thing is though, Sacred 2 isn't a good Diablo 2 clone, and is at best a mediocre game. I really really wanted to like the game, and for it to be good, but it just wasn't. It doesn't have the speed or flow that Diablo does. It has some technical issues, like frame rate, and just general game play bugs. I mean, if you can find it for like 5 bucks or something, why not?

As for games that are fun while in an altered state, that's a rather vague question. I'm guessing you like RPGs, which unfortunatly are somewhat lacking in quality on both consoles. Not to say there aren't good ones, but compared to the PS2 era, it's just not the same.

That said, games I think fit the criteria: Bayonetta, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and Dead Space. I don't even like sports games, but Skate 2 (which should be pretty cheap now) and the Fight Night series is a lot of fun.

Also, the games on the Playstation Network seem to be made for this sort of thing. There are so many visually appealing and/or trippy games on it, just browse through the catalog.

And if you're playing with friends, Pain is more fun then it has any right to be.

Edit: And yeah, just noticed the Dark and Depressing thing. Demon's Souls is definitely the definition of Dark and Depressing.

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

I.T Zander posted:

Edit: /\ Do you know any other games that are good for playing whilst high off your gourd on brownies?

I find sandbox games are best for this. Something like a Just Cause 2 or Red Faction: Guerrilla or Spider-Man Web of Shadows or Prototype. The more mobility you have and insane stuff you can do the better. You just dive in and have a ball.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Bats posted:

I find sandbox games are best for this. Something like a Just Cause 2 or Red Faction: Guerrilla or Spider-Man Web of Shadows or Prototype. The more mobility you have and insane stuff you can do the better. You just dive in and have a ball.

I can't believe I forgot these games. Just Cause 2 is definitely fantastic. I still haven't played Red Faction or Spider-Man yet. Prototype though is a lot of fun, but does things that also just piss me off.

In fact, maybe you should forget everything I said in my previous post, and go with Just Cause 2.

I.T Zander
Aug 27, 2008

by angerbot
/\ I tried Just Cause 2, and hated it. The vehicles are overly simplistic, and the combat consists of unloading clip after clip after clip whilst running around in circles trying not to die.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna go with Demon's Souls despite it's dark/depressing nature.

My favorite "stoned off my rear end" game of all time was Mirror's Edge, so I'd love something along the lines of that, but I highly doubt such a game exists.

The feature I liked the most about Mirror's Edge was the fact that every action required a click, and perfect timing.

IE: Run up to rail > R1 to jump > R1 again to vault over.

From what goons have been telling me, it seems as though Demon's Souls is the Mirror's Edge of RPGs. Wonderful graphics, thrilling worlds, and extremely accurate/precise fighting that requires reflexes, and a mind for detail. Would that be a valid statement?

I loved the combat in Mirror's Edge. You couldn't just attack attack attack, you had to actually wait for the opportunity, and strike when fit. It seems as though DS is the same concept.

I.T Zander fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 6, 2010

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is anyone making contemporary rpgs in the old-school Western crpg format besides Jeff Vogel? I really enjoyed the Avernum and previously the Exile series, but I'm having trouble finding others. Eschalon 1 and 2 kind of worked but weren't nearly as engaging.

Microwave
Dec 30, 2004

cocksucking idiot
Are there any obscure but good DS games you guys could recommend? I've played most of the popular games on it because I got my DS pretty late in the game, but I know there are a lot of DS games and with all of the shovelware on DS maybe there are some good titles that got lost

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone know something where you control some kind of large (space)ship and the vehicles it contains? Any sort Aircraft Carrier or Battlestar Galactica type thing.

Sim/RTS/Action anything really. Like a souped up version of Supreme Commander's level of carrier but much more focused on the one ship. I've played Homeworld (1&2) and Sins of a Solar Empire which have something similar

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Harkano posted:

Anyone know something where you control some kind of large (space)ship and the vehicles it contains? Any sort Aircraft Carrier or Battlestar Galactica type thing.

Sim/RTS/Action anything really. Like a souped up version of Supreme Commander's level of carrier but much more focused on the one ship. I've played Homeworld (1&2) and Sins of a Solar Empire which have something similar

In X3, you can pilot a huge ship with lots of smaller fighter ships inside that you can deploy at will to kill any opposition. You can even be one of those smaller fighter ships and just command the large ship to either stay in the sector you're already in or to go to your next destination and get ready for when you get there.

Comedy option: You could play Starcraft 2 as Protoss and make a Carrier ship, then pilot it around the map and watch it kill things by sending out small fighter ships. You can even group several carrier ships and control them like a single entity with lots of small fighter ships!

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

I.T Zander posted:

/\ I tried Just Cause 2, and hated it. The vehicles are overly simplistic, and the combat consists of unloading clip after clip after clip whilst running around in circles trying not to die.

Dude, don't play it like a traditional open world game. Here's the thing. Rico's a dick, he's possibly the biggest dick in the world, and his entire purpose is to make life a living hell for everyone. This is the guy who will come blazing down the road, make a wrong turn, turn into a rolling flip that goes on for about 200ft, rolling over a bunch of people before you hit your parachute button and get out of it just before it crashes into the cops, while Rico yells "GET OFF THE ROAD YOU MANIACS!" Then you grapple a nearby guy/vehicle unto the helicopter that just arrived, hijack it and use him as a wrecking ball to mow over even more things.

Just Cause 2 is all about recreating your favourite 80s action movie scenes. The grapple (f) is the best thing ever when combined with the parachute (also you can google the Superman Mod for it if you want)

Vehicles are just there to be crashed, I don't think I've ever driven a vehicle and arrived at my destination with the same one.

The SMG is kinda crappy. I find the best weapons are the assault rifle, the revolver and the rocket launcher.

Every weapon/vehicle you get from the black market can be upgraded (all vechiles sans the mini plane get weapons as the final upgrade for example).

Now it may not necessarily be fore you, but I'm just sayin' for JC2, the less seriously you take the game, the more fun you'll have with it.

Also if that was tl:dr for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkN8SNmFp-I

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Are there any games along the lines of X-com/Jagged Alliance 2/Silent Storm worth playing? I've already played Fallout Tactics, didn't care for it. Despite taking a sharp downturn at the end and having some ridiculous bugs, SS is probably closest to what I'm looking for. I liked that every class was useful and it didn't become rifles only, and the destructible environments really opened up approaches. The gun stuff isn't that important to me- I can't tell one pistol from another. I'm just looking for another game that puts emphasis on small squad management and strategy. None of the Japanese tactical RPGs I've played have really given me a similar feeling, though the Fire Emblem series is probably closest.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Kilauea posted:

I am going to second Far Cry 2. The game suffers some very serious flaws, but when it comes to loving around for a while and lighting poo poo on fire it is great.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Harkano posted:

It's old, but you might consider looking into Alien Legacy, an old Sierra game (1994 I think?)

You control a large seedship with tonnes of resources and need to populate a solar system. You start up a whole bunch of colonies and space stations on the various planets but your seedship is your primary resource bank. You build a bunch of ships that can ferry resources between them all and the like. It's kind of fun, though inevitably the plot kicks in and if you're not prepared you get overrun by some space aliens or something. I'm contemplating doing an LP at some stage.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 7, 2010

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Tiramisu posted:

Are there any games along the lines of X-com/Jagged Alliance 2/Silent Storm worth playing? I've already played Fallout Tactics, didn't care for it. Despite taking a sharp downturn at the end and having some ridiculous bugs, SS is probably closest to what I'm looking for. I liked that every class was useful and it didn't become rifles only, and the destructible environments really opened up approaches. The gun stuff isn't that important to me- I can't tell one pistol from another. I'm just looking for another game that puts emphasis on small squad management and strategy. None of the Japanese tactical RPGs I've played have really given me a similar feeling, though the Fire Emblem series is probably closest.

Did you ever try the Commandos series? I didn't but I had a friend who obsessed over them and described it as similar to the JA series.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

cmndstab posted:

Did you ever try the Commandos series? I didn't but I had a friend who obsessed over them and described it as similar to the JA series.
Commandos is more of a puzzle game in a military setting rather than a tactics/strategy game. I wouldn't compare it to JA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

The Men of War series is a pretty good tactical/strategy series.