Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Strange Matter posted:

Okay can someone tell me which CDR episodes have Bob Ducca in them? I keep reading these descriptions and I've found I have to start skipping them because I don't want to have all the jokes ruined for me.

2nd part of the 100th episode of CDR radio has his famous ailment list on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

NecronSchmecron posted:

2nd part of the 100th episode of CDR radio has his famous ailment list on it.

It's the 50th ep, and you can find all of his appearances if you click 'People' and then find Seth Morris on the earwolf site.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Strange Matter posted:

Okay can someone tell me which CDR episodes have Bob Ducca in them? I keep reading these descriptions and I've found I have to start skipping them because I don't want to have all the jokes ruined for me.

EDIT: Also I listened to the 09 Black Friday episode with Michael Cera and Harris Whiten. Ice-T is probably my favorite character now.

Somebody made a helpful CDR wiki.:)

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Majorian posted:

(Re: Little Gary on CDR) Hated him at first, now absolutely love him unless he's allowed to go on for too long.

I was totally the same way! But then "I'm Not Food" happened and he won my heart.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

Strange Matter posted:

All of these shows except the first two.

http://www.earwolf.com/guest/seth-morris

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I was totally the same way! But then "I'm Not Food" happened and he won my heart.

I think that might have been the turning point for me as well. He's funny when Scott is having an "on" day and there are good guests for him to riff off of.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Hey, has anyone checked out Scott Free? It's Scott Thompson's podcast and it's pretty good. It hasn't updated in two months though. I hope everything's still ok with him. :ohdear:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

The Would You Rather page is cracking me up just reading it even though I've already listened to all of them. I love this wiki, and I love Would You Rather.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wyld Cannon posted:

The Would You Rather page is cracking me up just reading it even though I've already listened to all of them. I love this wiki, and I love Would You Rather.

Weirdly enough, I laugh the hardest when people comment on the theme fanfare, ie: PFT as ALW "conducting" it, or Greg Proops thinking they were being invaded by the Carthaginians.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
For those interested, the most recent This American Life features a story about that guy who wrote Marc Maron about being his friend. He started his own talk show in a pie-eyed dream to replace Conan, and it basically drove his family to bankruptcy.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Majorian posted:

Weirdly enough, I laugh the hardest when people comment on the theme fanfare, ie: PFT as ALW "conducting" it, or Greg Proops thinking they were being invaded by the Carthaginians.

And on that note if you like Greg Proops (because he's a goddamn genius), he's got a new podcast called "The Smartest Man in the World". It's just him rambling live at a bar. I could listen to that guy talk for hours.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

And on that note if you like Greg Proops (because he's a goddamn genius), he's got a new podcast called "The Smartest Man in the World". It's just him rambling live at a bar. I could listen to that guy talk for hours.

Seriously, this. His episode of NNF is one of my favorites and I just LOVE The Smartest Man in the World.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Leonard Maltin on Doug Loves Movies is :3: and :allears: as hell.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
The fantastic Vancouver-based sketch and improv troupe called the Sunday Service has released a shockingly well-produced sketch and improv podcast. I just listened to the first episode and enjoyed it well enough. It's gonna be monthly.

The Sunday Service presents: A Beautiful Podcast

nah
Mar 16, 2009

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

The man turns a phrase like no other. Saying "Lay off my black god and his giant thighs" in regards to Barry Bonds is loving brilliant

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

bananasinpajamas posted:

The man turns a phrase like no other. Saying "Lay off my black god and his giant thighs" in regards to Barry Bonds is loving brilliant

I was trying to describe his new show to someone recently.

I said, "If Greg Proops did 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' it would take roughly 17 minutes. During that time you will be rapt in strict attention as you laugh your rear end off while simultaneously being taught the history of poultry domestication, a time-line of the United States National Highway System, and the etymology of the word 'cross'. To get to the other side."

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Speaking of people who I could listen to for hours. Why doesn't anyone talk about Judge John Hodgman? I just wish they were longer, and contained more of him talking. His audiobooks are amazing.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I was trying to describe his new show to someone recently.

I said, "If Greg Proops did 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' it would take roughly 17 minutes. During that time you will be rapt in strict attention as you laugh your rear end off while simultaneously being taught the history of poultry domestication, a time-line of the United States National Highway System, and the etymology of the word 'cross'. To get to the other side."

There needs to be a machine (or iPhone app) that takes jokes and Proopsidizes them

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So according to CDR's facebook. Earwolf is getting another show tonight at midnight called Who Charted with Howard Kramer. I usually like Howard Kramer (Dragon Boy Suede) so I really do hope its good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Yeah, I was pretty jazzed at hearing that he had his own podcast (I think I remember him first mentioning it on Sklarbro Country, and I let out an audible "oh gently caress yes"), and it has yet to disappoint. I'm easy to please, though; come up with some super-esoteric joke that only I and maybe ten other giga-nerds would ever get, and I'll forever be your biggest fan.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

Strange Matter posted:

EDIT: Also I listened to the 09 Black Friday episode with Michael Cera and Harris Whiten. Ice-T is probably my favorite character now.

Harris Wittels. I love that episode for the way Harris backs down from his cell phone jokes. 'Crepe Craze' and 'End on a high note...then leave' were particularly great.

Also in the Doug Benson episode, "J that poo poo off."

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Kodo posted:

Harris Wittels. I love that episode for the way Harris backs down from his cell phone jokes. 'Crepe Craze' and 'End on a high note...then leave' were particularly great.

Also in the Doug Benson episode, "J that poo poo off."

:D if God didn't want us to J that poo poo off he wouldn't have made warm plastic bags fully of jelly

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Majorian posted:

I love it when he turns it into some kind of battle of wills to see how long he can keep the theme music going until either he or one of the guests can't take it anymore and says something.

Cyberthug Radio is fantastic, I have never been happier to be wrong about something (I didn't think it was going to be an actual thing).

Also Mayhem Miller was on the Nerdist today, that guy always brings it no matter what show he's on. I'm usually completely repelled by anything to do with MMA, but this guy is funny and cool and not the gigantic musclehead I tend to (probably unfairly) associate with the sport and it's awful fans, who tend to sport TapOut shirts and douchebag attitudes (which is something they make fun of on the show).

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I'm super disappointed that the Leonard Maltin movie app is still not out for android; how hard can it be to code that when you already have the databases in place?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This weeks "My Brother, My Brother and Me" should definitely be listened to. Warrior Cat Bramblepelt.

Earwolf is launching two new podcasts this week, "Who Charted" with Howard Kremer (Dragon Boy Suede) and Kulap (Scott's wife) which is apparently a humorous take on pop culture charts.

"Glitter in the Garbage with Drew Droege" is some sort of mashup of improvisational sketches, stories from Drew's life, and character pieces.

On top of that, there's going to be a semi-regular podcast called "How Did This Get Made?" with Paul Scheer, where every podcast he takes on something from movies, music, TV, etc., and asks - How did this get made?

Yeah guys - That's a new Earwolf podcast Mon-Fri. Holy poop I'm excited.

Conrad_Birdie fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 8, 2010

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
More Paul Scheer is great news!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
After a regrettable, unplanned two week break, I just put up a new Those drat Ross Kids.

We're slowly but surely making our segments longer, and I'm quite proud of the pacing on this one. If you'll abide my self promotion and check it out, it's the one called "The Last Christmas."

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Conrad_Birdie posted:

This weeks "My Brother, My Brother and Me" should definitely be listened to. Warrior Cat Bramblepelt.

Earwolf is launching two new podcasts this week, "Who Charted" with Howard Kremer (Dragon Boy Suede) and Kulap (Scott's wife) which is apparently a humorous take on pop culture charts.

"Glitter in the Garbage with Drew Droege" is some sort of mashup of improvisational sketches, stories from Drew's life, and character pieces.

On top of that, there's going to be a semi-regular podcast called "How Did This Get Made?" with Paul Scheer, where every podcast he takes on something from movies, music, TV, etc., and asks - How did this get made?

Yeah guys - That's a new Earwolf podcast Mon-Fri. Holy poop I'm excited.

This is pretty goddamn ridiculous.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

bananasinpajamas posted:

This is pretty goddamn ridiculous.

I want an "All 5 Podcasts" T-Shirt.

If you get that joke, you're streets ahead.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I love it when he turns it into some kind of battle of wills to see how long he can keep the theme music going until either he or one of the guests can't take it anymore and says something.

This is also good - Scott is always at his best when he plays the overly-serious straight man. Or when he's acting mortified by the presence of one Bob Ducca.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Shut the gently caress up bob, just shut the gently caress up. This is my loving show now just shut the gently caress up.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Majorian posted:

This is also good - Scott is always at his best when he plays the overly-serious straight man. Or when he's acting mortified by the presence of one Bob Ducca.

I lamented with my girlfriend that we haven't heard Scott just yell "SHUT THE gently caress UP" in a while. That never fails to crack me.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
I am really enjoying the podcast boom that's been happening this year. It's my favorite medium, and I probably subscribe to more than 30. It's gonna be a lot more by next year.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
Bob Ducca's list made me look like a fool on the subway.

"The following berries: Straw, blue, black,...Halle,...and most regrettably, Dingle."

"Chicken pussy."

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Speaking of people who I could listen to for hours. Why doesn't anyone talk about Judge John Hodgman? I just wish they were longer, and contained more of him talking. His audiobooks are amazing.

I listened to first 2 episodes of Judge Hodgman and deleted the feed. The comedy felt really forced. Maybe it'll improve in the future, but the premise for the show is really uninspired.

It kinda reminded me of You Look Nice Today podcast without the funny.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Kodo posted:

Bob Ducca's list made me look like a fool on the subway.

Adding my voice to the chorus. I was listening walking down the street at night, laughing like a loon.

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
I love that I can listen to CDR and such at work as loud as I want and not look like a idiot.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Kosher man posted:

I love that I can listen to CDR and such at work as loud as I want and not look like a idiot.

No more than usual anyway :glomp:

Kosher man
May 8, 2002

bananasinpajamas posted:

No more than usual anyway :glomp:

I wear big red overalls and a stupid hat so yes no more then usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Do you have a partner who wears green overalls?

• Locked thread