Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Got a shirt from soccertriads today...

Too bad they misspelled my loving last name (I went for my name and number) on the shirt, despite the fact that I certainly spelled it correctly in the box (I double, triple, and quadruple checked), and the fact that they spelled it right on the shipping label.

loving fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008
Here's Houston Dynamo's 2011 Home shirt:

And a rumored Away/Third:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

7lip posted:

Got a shirt from soccertriads today...

Too bad they misspelled my loving last name (I went for my name and number) on the shirt, despite the fact that I certainly spelled it correctly in the box (I double, triple, and quadruple checked), and the fact that they spelled it right on the shipping label.

loving fantastic.

email and they'll send you another one?

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

ibroxmassive posted:

email and they'll send you another one?

Oh, I did, I'm just waiting for a reply now. I'm mostly just pissed cause it took a long time to get here... and I was really excited to get it haha. I was super stoked to see that I had a package notice on my door when I got home today.

Edit: Holy gently caress I went on quite the cranky tangent there earlier... Whoopsies.

Also, other than the name debacle... It's a really nice shirt from what I can tell (Never seen one before in real life, so hell if I know).

7lip fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 4, 2010

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I stopped ordering jerseys from triads for that very reason. They didn't screw up my Klose kit, but that was the only time I gambled. Now I just get em plain

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That ripple texture is seriously ugly. gently caress Adidas for bringing back all that early-1990's bullshit.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

the home is pretty horrible, but whoa love the away/third in baby blue.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

way to ruin the best uniforms guys, drat the home is ugly as poo poo. but if that is the away kit im def getting one.

BogginHarry
Nov 23, 2004

Does anyone have the current Real Madrid away kit (the one with the green collar)? I got mine from SoccerTriads, and the fit is good (for a Medium), except that the neck is very large, so much so that I'd need to wear something underneath it, otherwise it would look ridiculous. Is this the style or did I get a dud?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Lookie what came in the mail today, just in time for the match today

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

first time triads hasnt taken a billion years to send me a kit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

pretty sure people trafficking is illegal. Mods?

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
luka modric came in the mail? I love me some luka!

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
I'm pretty sure my triads order arrived but I'm not at home all I know is my flatmate said there was a package for me.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why is soccertriads.com so much cheaper than worldsoccershop.com?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

the posted:

Why is soccertriads.com so much cheaper than worldsoccershop.com?

the shirts are counterfeit :ssh:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

dxt posted:

the shirts are counterfeit :ssh:

I always thought they existed in that grey area. They're not counterfit, but buying them from china and having them shipped in violates some import laws.

If they are fake, they're so close its un noticeable.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Bhyo posted:

I always thought they existed in that grey area. They're not counterfit, but buying them from china and having them shipped in violates some import laws.

If they are fake, they're so close its un noticeable.

w00bi did a big sperg on them and next to a real one they are noticeably fake.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Really? I got a Germany top from them and next to a real one I couldnt tell the difference.

I always did think they were just bought in bulk cheap in china and exported back here, which is illegal and why they were getting seized but I guess they must be fake after all.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hey triads has the new Aston Villa shirt, guess I'll be buying that instead of giving my money to the club for releasing the shirt three months late!

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Bhyo posted:

Really? I got a Germany top from them and next to a real one I couldnt tell the difference.

Yeah the Chelsea badge wasn't quite right

In other news I want a Liam Lawrence shirt but the new Pompey kit is ugly as sin so I think I'm going to hold fire on that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Yeah the Chelsea badge wasn't quite right

In other news I want a Liam Lawrence shirt but the new Pompey kit is ugly as sin so I think I'm going to hold fire on that.
Good choice, Liam Lawrence owns.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Couch posted:

w00bi did a big sperg on them and next to a real one they are noticeably fake.

That wasn't w00bi; I think it was Dudley. He compared two Chelsea shirts and came to the conclusion that if you were in a crowd of people wearing real shirts it would be noticeable, but otherwise you couldn't tell it was fake.

It's here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&userid=33990&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post378985731

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

wicka posted:

if you were in a crowd of people wearing real shirts it would be noticeable, but otherwise you couldn't tell it was fake.

Shouldn't be a problem for most then :)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bhyo posted:

I always did think they were just bought in bulk cheap in china and exported back here, which is illegal and why they were getting seized but I guess they must be fake after all.

Nope. They're either counterfeit through and through (copied from the designs and made in separate facilities), or they're falling out of the back of the factory, as it were — maybe using the same materials, logos, etc. but not in the way the rights-holders (the kit manufacturers and the teams) have endorsed. Either way, it's not legal. That's why customs were seizing kits in Europe around the time of the World Cup; I'm sure that still happens, but the press ramped up because the orders were, too.

As well, other sites ala soccertriads for American sports jerseys were shut down along with some music torrent sites a couple weeks ago. All were shuttered under grounds of piracy. So, there you go.

Portland Timbers' new MLS kits to be debuted tomorrow. Hope we see both the home and away, and I hope they're not poo poo :ohdear:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
From what I've read (probably in this thread actually, can't remember), the manufacturers use different companies/factories to make the badges than they do the shirts, then send the number of badges to be sewn on to match the size of the order.
So no-one can make absolutely perfect copies outside of the club's control. So that's why a lot of the time the shirt will be identical to a real one but the badges are the part that looks dodgy, because they're stitched together in someone's back room.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hoops posted:

From what I've read (probably in this thread actually, can't remember), the manufacturers use different companies/factories to make the badges than they do the shirts, then send the number of badges to be sewn on to match the size of the order.
So no-one can make absolutely perfect copies outside of the club's control. So that's why a lot of the time the shirt will be identical to a real one but the badges are the part that looks dodgy, because they're stitched together in someone's back room.

it's more advanced then just "someone's back room," especially in China. Here's a good New York Times article from this year on fakes in China.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

harperdc posted:

Portland Timbers' new MLS kits to be debuted tomorrow. Hope we see both the home and away, and I hope they're not poo poo :ohdear:

I have it on good authority that the kits will be a "unique" design, so I'm alternating between excitement and gnawing dread.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

BlueBayou posted:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

first time triads hasnt taken a billion years to send me a kit

Look a bit :downs: sorry love.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

I have it on good authority that the kits will be a "unique" design, so I'm alternating between excitement and gnawing dread.

my instant reaction is aw gently caress. Welp, we'll know tomorrow.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

That wasn't w00bi; I think it was Dudley. He compared two Chelsea shirts and came to the conclusion that if you were in a crowd of people wearing real shirts it would be noticeable, but otherwise you couldn't tell it was fake.

It's here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&userid=33990&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post378985731

Yep, t'was me. Direct flickr link for the lazy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26327109@N04/sets/72157624261657833/

Hoops posted:

Yeah I think this is part of it (you probably read that in the shirt comparison post), although in this case there was a lot of iffy detail on the shirt itself too. The badge was easily the most noticeable bit though.

Certainly better than the fake I saw a Chelsea fan in (at Wembley no less) with 2 adidas stripes rather than 3.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Dudley posted:

Certainly better than the fake I saw a Chelsea fan in (at Wembley no less) with 2 adidas stripes rather than 3.

Are you sure that wasn't Johan Cruyff?

wimpire
Nov 22, 2006

Oh Em Gee posted:

Look a bit :downs: sorry love.

:ssh: I think its the shirt.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JingleBells posted:

Are you sure that wasn't Johan Cruyff?

Man, can you imagine being so loving good that your national team consents to take their sponsor logos off of their kit JUST FOR YOU so you'll play for them?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Man you guys better move on this one

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Man, can you imagine being so loving good that your national team consents to take their sponsor logos off of their kit JUST FOR YOU so you'll play for them?

this was also before those national team sponsorships were big money. I think he probably altered the jersey on his own.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

harperdc posted:

this was also before those national team sponsorships were big money. I think he probably altered the jersey on his own.

I'd guess Puma made it. Wasn't it because he had a deal with them?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Mickolution posted:

I'd guess Puma made it. Wasn't it because he had a deal with them?

Yeah he was exclusive w/ Puma, but I think it was Adidas that actually made the 2 stripe kits

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

T. Finn posted:

Yeah he was exclusive w/ Puma, but I think it was Adidas that actually made the 2 stripe kits

Really? Odd considering that there is/was a massive rivalry between the two companies with Puma being started by Adi Dassler's brother Rudi after a falling out between the two.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think I'd like a dutch shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I think I'd like a dutch shirt.

With Tiesto on the back?