Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Joining the "eat some trash" favorite line club. Also:

"Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy?? It changes everything! I'd have to dress different, I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a mustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions.. Plus I'd need a new bedspread, new curtains, I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends, I'd have to get orgy friends. I'm not ready for it.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
I swear to god, some of these exchanges are even funnier in written form than they were on the show. Being a writer for Seinfeld had to be one of the best jobs to ever exist.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

"A sitcom? How can you write that crap? Carol, this guy's writing a sitcom. Can you imagine? And he actually tried to use it to hit on me!"

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
I know it's probably been posted a hundred times before, but I don't care. I'm watching the series in order and just got to this moment and I couldn't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHEt1dROZY

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The noise Newman makes here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IPnPTF7fA#t=5m15s

will never not make me laugh.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ChairMaster posted:

The noise Newman makes here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IPnPTF7fA#t=5m15s

will never not make me laugh.

The best part of that sound is that they used it in the Castle Rock company credit at the end of that episode. Instead of the final chord, they used that quack.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
They do that with a bunch of sounds/dialogue in the last 2 seasons.

"MANDELBAUM! MANDELBAUM! MANDELBAUM!"
*sausage-making polka*
*Newman's scream of terror from driving through an inferno*
"Really one for the books!"

Just to name a few.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Let me understand. You got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So who's having sex with the hen?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

"George: I have to have sex."
"I used to share that outlook. Now I have so much to occupy my mind. For instance: the atom."
"Goodbye, George. I hate you."
"What a fascinating turn of events."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the episode that opens with George frankly laying out to Jerry,"You know I've looked into it and I cannot foresee any set of circumstances occurring in which I will get to have sex ever again...."

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

mojo1701a posted:

Let me understand. You got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So who's having sex with the hen?

Somethin's Missin'!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
HAPPY PAPPY?

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

Capt. Sticl posted:

Somethin's Missin'!

Somethins missin' alright

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

LUBECK: No. They have a display case at the end of the aisle.

ELAINE: Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well!

lurkaccount
Jan 4, 2009

by Diapered Witch

penismightier posted:

"George: I have to have sex."
"I used to share that outlook. Now I have so much to occupy my mind. For instance: the atom."
"Goodbye, George. I hate you."
"What a fascinating turn of events."

Of course! Absolute zero!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DrBouvenstein posted:

Elaine, do you know what happens to a butter-based frosting after six decades in a poorly ventilated English basement? I have a feeling that what you are about to go through is punishment enough.

Dismissed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

What a stirring little anthem of wellness!

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
I just re-watched "The Rye" today, after many years and I just realized I'd never got the underlying oral sex joke. Holy poo poo, it was a huge :aaaaa: moment. I guess I was too young to catch this. I used to think the "hot and heavy" subplot was boring, and today I burst out laughing when her boyfriend couldn't play the sax well.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I love the episode that opens with George frankly laying out to Jerry,"You know I've looked into it and I cannot foresee any set of circumstances occurring in which I will get to have sex ever again...."

After going through all the episodes consecutively, that's definitely one of the moments where Seinfeld becomes Seinfeld.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

My dad went to Costco the other day, and brought back the coupons. If any Canadian Costco-going Seinfeld fans are interested, they are selling the complete DVD set for $99. AND if you get the coupon before Dec. 5, there's a $20 off coupon.

It's another Festivus miracle!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This must be why Jerry didn't get picked up in Japan.

quote:

This guy, this is not my type of guy.
この男は、これが男の私のタイプではありません。
This guy is my type of man this.
この男は男、この私のタイプです。
This man is a man, this is my type.
この男は、これが私のタイプは、男性です。
This man, this is my type, male.
この男は、これは男性の私のタイプです。
This man, this is my type of men.
この男は、これは男性の私のタイプです。
This man, this is my type of men.
Equilibrium found!

http://www.translationparty.com/#8335812

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

He should have brought them some more oranges.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

So you would have done it in Japan, but in English?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
I'm up to season 5 now, and I think The Barber might just be my favourite episode so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCwvlJqsBio

The way Gino walks toward the TV in curiosity kills me.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

What does "equilibrium" mean in this context, and why does it mean that it totally drops the negative portion of the sentence?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

stratdax posted:

What does "equilibrium" mean in this context, and why does it mean that it totally drops the negative portion of the sentence?

When the translation algorithm goes from one language to the next and back again, without the sentence in the first language having changed it has reached equilibrium.

I have no idea how the translation program works nor do I know much Japanese. I think the idea of the site is just to have fun with languages being sort of incompatible.

Like this scene from Newsradio.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
I think I might have had a George moment.

There's a small bus type that circles around downtown here, and I was riding on it a few days ago when I noticed some old lady had forgotten her umbrella on the window. It was one of those with a handle like a hook, and she had hooked it on the open window and left the bus on her stop without minding it, and I only noticed it way after she'd left it. So I caught myself thinking "well, the umbrella is just hanging there, if she remembers where she left it she won't go through the trouble of chasing this bus. The bus company probably won't care about it either. It'd be cheaper and faster to buy a new umbrella. And it's got a hook-shaped handle. Mine has just a straight handle and that's pretty inconvient when I need to carry it and use my hand. But I can't simply reach out and grab it..." so I decided to wait a while until the bus emptied. Unfortunately it got fuller, and this girl came in, noticed it and make a huge commotion because she thought it belong to a man who left way after the old lady.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Crimsonjewfro posted:

There's a small bus type that circles around downtown here, and I was riding on it a few days ago when I noticed some old lady had forgotten her umbrella on the window. It was one of those with a handle like a hook, and she had hooked it on the open window and left the bus on her stop without minding it, and I only noticed it way after she'd left it. So I caught myself thinking "well, the umbrella is just hanging there, if she remembers where she left it she won't go through the trouble of chasing this bus. The bus company probably won't care about it either. It'd be cheaper and faster to buy a new umbrella. And it's got a hook-shaped handle. Mine has just a straight handle and that's pretty inconvient when I need to carry it and use my hand. But I can't simply reach out and grab it..." so I decided to wait a while until the bus emptied. Unfortunately it got fuller, and this girl came in, noticed it and make a huge commotion because she thought it belong to a man who left way after the old lady.

Why would anyone buy an umbrella? Restaurants have them for free in that little can by the door.

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why would anyone buy an umbrella? Restaurants have them for free in that little can by the door.

This was the only suitable reply.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DrBouvenstein posted:

...Those belong to people.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I just noticed how much Jerry slobbers after Poppy pees on his sofa. There's a huge glob of spit that falls off his chin.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

No. 9 posted:

I just noticed how much Jerry slobbers after Poppy pees on his sofa. There's a huge glob of spit that falls off his chin.

When he grabs/shakes Kramer, some water from Kramer's bottle gets in Jerry's mouth, I think. I know that happens in some episode, and I think it's right then.

edit: yep, found the scene. This was posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kceo8gMnOI#t=4m40s

User-Friendly fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 15, 2010

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

User-Friendly posted:

When he grabs/shakes Kramer, some water from Kramer's bottle gets in Jerry's mouth, I think. I know that happens in some episode, and I think it's right then.

edit: yep, found the scene. This was posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kceo8gMnOI#t=4m40s

I was watching this episode today on my PVR and I ended up watching this part frame by frame. It's really hilarious how the water goes right into his mouth. I'm glad Jerry kept it together and they got the take.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I always get really surprised when an episode I've never seen comes on. I'm watching the one where Jerry is sleeping with his maid, George wants to be T-Bone, and Kramer keeps sending faxes to Elaine's phone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MokBa posted:

George wants to be T-Bone

KOKO! :haw:

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
You know, if I could get this Koko woman down to Kruger, they wouldn't be able to call me Koko anymore because Kruger would never allow 2 Kokos.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

safety dan posted:

You know, if I could get this Koko woman down to Kruger, they wouldn't be able to call me Koko anymore because Kruger would never allow 2 Kokos.

So.... you're just hiring new people now? That's your job, to hire people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Amazon has a "One Day Sale" for the complete series, if anyone's interested. $85.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VECAEE/ref=ord_cart_shr?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER