Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Been noticing this for a week or so now. OSX, Dev Channel. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, used imgur integration to upload this. It owns.

It's even worse in the beta builds for Linux. This has happened before historically, you can be sure it will go away by the time whatever version your using hits stable.

One other absolutely awful bug the beta build on Linux has, is clicking the "Open All Unread Threads" link opens everything fine, but only the last page actually renders. Basically makes the feature useless, so I recommend either not using it, or not using the beta channel, until it's resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Casao posted:

Been noticing this for a week or so now. OSX, Dev Channel. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, used imgur integration to upload this. It owns.

Working fine here in Windows 7.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rohaq posted:

Working fine here in Windows 7.

All three platforms move at different paces. I do tend to find though that if it breaks in one it will break in the other three at some point. Sometimes that will be in dev, others beta though.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
How much does the "Resize Images" option actually resize images by?

Would it be possible to have it keep images in its original size but add scrollbars to them if they exceed a certain size?

Alternatively, have any image act as if they had the the TIMG tag, so that they start small but you can resize them with one click?

Images that exceed the width of my monitor and break the tables make some threads impossible to read.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

How much does the "Resize Images" option actually resize images by?

Would it be possible to have it keep images in its original size but add scrollbars to them if they exceed a certain size?

Alternatively, have any image act as if they had the the TIMG tag, so that they start small but you can resize them with one click?

Images that exceed the width of my monitor and break the tables make some threads impossible to read.

It scales them to about 800px wide if I remember correctly...either way, click the image to toggle between it's original size and the compact size. You'll know if the image has been resized because there will be a dashed gray border around it.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Sneaking Mission posted:

You need to enable the forums preference on your options page for that to work.

Thanks, that worked.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Would there be a way to make youtube embedded videos auto-choose the highest quality version?

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

kri kri posted:

Would there be a way to make youtube embedded videos auto-choose the highest quality version?
Use an auto-HD extension?

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Is this project dead or what?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
When Ferg saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yakattak posted:

Is this project dead or what?

Not dead. Been busy myself, and there aren't any huge features in the queue off the top of my head. But it's very much alive. I tend to go through stints of going balls deep working on it, and then stop for a while.

Manky posted:

When Ferg saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Also, this.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

What about error handling for imgur?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yakattak posted:

What about error handling for imgur?

There's a bit of cleanup for the photo uploading, as well as finally getting waffleimages support, that I've been intending to do. I'm sort of backed up like whoa through the holiday though. Unless there's some earth shattering bug that crops up I wouldn't necessarily expect an update before the new year.

And, of course, any contributions I will merge and release.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Ferg posted:

There's a bit of cleanup for the photo uploading, as well as finally getting waffleimages support, that I've been intending to do. I'm sort of backed up like whoa through the holiday though. Unless there's some earth shattering bug that crops up I wouldn't necessarily expect an update before the new year.

And, of course, any contributions I will merge and release.

I wouldn't do waffleimages support, it's horrible and you should encourage the use of imgur only.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yakattak posted:

I wouldn't do waffleimages support, it's horrible and you should encourage the use of imgur only.

A few people have said this, why the hate? I only started using imgur because it was easier to work with for SALR. Prior to that I used waffleimages all the time and thought it was awesome.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Manky posted:

Coloring of threads in forums so you know which ones you've posted in before :colbert:

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Ferg posted:

A few people have said this, why the hate? I only started using imgur because it was easier to work with for SALR. Prior to that I used waffleimages all the time and thought it was awesome.

It's down 90% of the time. It's just awful. I'd trust my pictures with a real company, over a goon project.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

I need 5 nines of availability for hosting my cat pictures and waffleimages just doesn't provide the stability I require in an image site. I don't think they've even heard of six sigma...

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Sneaking Mission posted:

I need 5 nines of availability for hosting my cat pictures and waffleimages just doesn't provide the stability I require in an image site. I don't think they've even heard of six sigma...

This is basically the reason.

ThatNateGuy
Oct 15, 2004

"Is that right?"
Slippery Tilde
Can I post a feature request in this thread or should I PM you, Ferg?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ThatNateGuy posted:

Can I post a feature request in this thread or should I PM you, Ferg?

Post here

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Links to YoutubeDoubler.com turn blue but clicking them does nothing so they can't be opened.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does this:

happen to anyone else? Running stable 8 windows here.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Does this:

happen to anyone else? Running stable 8 windows here.

This is a weird one that crops up from time to time. Do you do anything in particular that might make it happen? Early on the first iterations of the quick reply caused it for example.

Also, FYI, I've noticed that occasional dev/beta builds will flat out break the forums on Linux. I never seem to have trouble with the OSX build, but I can't scroll the forums at all now and again. I'm assuming the extension breaks it, so if you ever notice that happening, switch to another build.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Highlighting of my posts doesn't work anymore :(

I tried to disable the option and re enable it

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Highlighting of my posts doesn't work anymore :(

I tried to disable the option and re enable it

Working fine for me in Linux/Chrome 9, can you give a screenshot of your settings?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Working fine for me in Linux/Chrome 9, can you give a screenshot of your settings?

Is there a way to reset the extension or something?
Click here to view the full image

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

You need to visit your User Control Panel or set your username in the very top of the SALR options page.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Sneaking Mission posted:

You need to visit your User Control Panel or set your username in the very top of the SALR options page.

:doh: Thanks that was it! Awesome extension dudes.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just bumping a little here. After the holiday season I'll have a number of projects off of my plate and I promise there will be some movement on SALR. Been very busy lately with a new job that started back in May, along with side projects that I needed to get off my queue.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Just bumping a little here. After the holiday season I'll have a number of projects off of my plate and I promise there will be some movement on SALR. Been very busy lately with a new job that started back in May, along with side projects that I needed to get off my queue.

Hey, no worries; the extension works so smoothly and seamlessly that I forget that a lot of the things it does aren't standard. I pulled up the forums in the steam in-game overlay today and was puzzled why posts weren't highlighted and everything wasn't shiny before I remembered that's your doing. :)

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."
The SA devs seem to have changed up how the page numbers are displayed, and broke the first/current/last three page links option I threw in there. This should fix it:

Replace this:
code:
// number of pages in thread
var pages = parseInt( jQuery(this).text().match(/\((\d+)\)/)[1] );

// current page being viewed
var curpage = (window.location.href.indexOf('pagenumber') >= 0) ?
	parseInt( window.location.href.match(/pagenumber=(\d+)/)[1] ) : 1;
With this:
code:
var pages = parseInt( jQuery('.pages.top').text().match(/\((\d+)\)/)[1] );	// number of pages in thread
var curpage = parseInt( jQuery('.pages.top span.curpage').text() );		// current page being viewed

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nuvan posted:

The SA devs seem to have changed up how the page numbers are displayed, and broke the first/current/last three page links option I threw in there. This should fix it:

Replace this:
code:
// number of pages in thread
var pages = parseInt( jQuery(this).text().match(/\((\d+)\)/)[1] );

// current page being viewed
var curpage = (window.location.href.indexOf('pagenumber') >= 0) ?
	parseInt( window.location.href.match(/pagenumber=(\d+)/)[1] ) : 1;
With this:
code:
var pages = parseInt( jQuery('.pages.top').text().match(/\((\d+)\)/)[1] );	// number of pages in thread
var curpage = parseInt( jQuery('.pages.top span.curpage').text() );		// current page being viewed

Can you shoot this to me in a pull request on Github? I'll merge and rollout an update quickly if you can, otherwise, I'll fix it after the holiday when I'm back in Chicago.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Not sure if this is a strange request, but could a search box be added to the top of each forum that searches that forum by title (or make it selectable in the options if it should search by title or posts)? Maybe this is redundant since search isn't that cumbersome to use.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
Is there some way to use gestures and still be able to right click on things while on the forum? If I try to save or copy an image I just get the gesture arrows.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Is there any way to customize what the browser button shows like the context menu from firefox SALR?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Not sure if this is a strange request, but could a search box be added to the top of each forum that searches that forum by title (or make it selectable in the options if it should search by title or posts)? Maybe this is redundant since search isn't that cumbersome to use.

This already exists, check your settings under Thread Options.

vlad3217 posted:

Is there some way to use gestures and still be able to right click on things while on the forum? If I try to save or copy an image I just get the gesture arrows.

This has been a bug since the feature was implemented. I've tried unsuccessfully to get the standard context menu back, so anybody who figures it out (or rewrites it with a safer jQuery plugin) will have my eternal gratitude. Otherwise, I'll try to get to it.

RickoniX posted:

Is there any way to customize what the browser button shows like the context menu from firefox SALR?

The browser button actually uses SALR for all of it's preferences (despite being a totally different extension), so we definitely could add something like this. Toss up a detail of what you're looking for on uservoice and I'll see what I can do.

On that note, heavy deadline for a work project in the next few weeks, then I should have time to refocus on SALR a bit.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Ferg posted:

This already exists, check your settings under Thread Options.

I don't think it does. :confused: I can search within threads but I can't search for threads.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't think it does. :confused: I can search within threads but I can't search for threads.

You mean like http://forums.somethingawful.com/f/search but within each board, so if you were in SH/SC and you just wanted SH/SC threads, you could just type it in the search box in the top left of the board and have it search just SH/SC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Yakattak posted:

You mean like http://forums.somethingawful.com/f/search but within each board, so if you were in SH/SC and you just wanted SH/SC threads, you could just type it in the search box in the top left of the board and have it search just SH/SC?

Exactly like that. I often know what forum something would be, I'd just like a quick way to search that forum.

• Locked thread