Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
All the myths are a lie, you can kill a vampire by hitting it kinda hard with anything and it will shatter.

Apparently.

That movie was almost unbearably bad even with Riffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Wiseblood posted:

I thought the fight scene was terrible. They spend the majority of the movie building up this "newborn army" as some massive threat and they end up getting defeated with little effort.

Better than the first two movies skipping the fight scenes, or even a climax at all, at least.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Via Facebook:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IUG posted:

Via Facebook:

Guess they realized that it wasn't going to work. Makes sense though since the previous time they tried to have a live show (Planet of the Dinosaurs) it failed in exactly the same way. I guess this means they'll just be sticking to doing the live stuff as a theater simulcast from now on.

I can see why they wanted to avoid that though since this way they don't have to any profit sharing with Fathom.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey, quick question, would any of you guys happen to know Bonesaw's current state of preparedness?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Hey, quick question, would any of you guys happen to know Bonesaw's current state of preparedness?

BONESAW IS NOT READY

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
I've been watching Horr-Riff-ic Productions' iRiffs all day: the first five Friday the 13ths and, now, My Bloody Valentine. They're the only iRiffs I've bought so far, but they're good stuff.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

IUG posted:

Via Facebook:

Good, I had no faith in that working out as a livestream. But I will be more than happy to buy it as a VoD (and again when they inevitably put it out as a DVD next year).

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
What was with the icy shattering of the vampires flesh and bone? They didn't even explain it! Bastards.

The riff was good but the movie is so boring it can't really be saved by anything.

Ayabi
Aug 26, 2006

Sorry, but I'd rather leave the stage.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled to pay attention to the movie. Even with the riff, it was really slow and boring. I was ready to turn it off at that awkward hypothermia scene.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
I cannot comprehend how there can be so many twilight followers. It's like trying to understand why dogs eat their own poo poo or something. This film has absolutely nothing going for it. I must say, in terms of being terrible, it might be comparable to airbender.

The 'trax was loving hilarious though, there were so many big laughs. My favorite line has to be with bella's father,"My daughter's not worth it guys."

The dialog between jacob and edward was so loving unbearable. If they weren't pretty noone would have a reason to watch it. gently caress.

bruckner fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 9, 2010

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bruckner posted:

If they weren't pretty noone would have a reason to watch it. gently caress.

And of course it depends on your definition of "pretty".

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And of course it depends on your definition of "pretty".

"Sparkly" and "PECS!" seem to be the only definition. Edward constantly looks doped out of his mind on thorazine and Jacob just seems... kind of plain, really. Dude's cut, I'll give him that, but otherwise pretty plain.

Ayabi
Aug 26, 2006

Sorry, but I'd rather leave the stage.

bruckner posted:

My favorite line has to be with bella's father,"My daughter's not worth it guys."

Every line with the father is amazing. "Sit down and have a bowl of plaid."

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ayabi posted:

In one of the other ones, maybe new moon, Bella's having one of her screaming depressed fits, and the riffs are all about her father yelling for her to come down and watch some bloopers show or something.

It's great.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Ayabi posted:

Woo! Team Mustache Dad!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

"Sparkly" and "PECS!" seem to be the only definition. Edward constantly looks doped out of his mind on thorazine and Jacob just seems... kind of plain, really. Dude's cut, I'll give him that, but otherwise pretty plain.

And whatshername looks constantly stoned as her character and in real life. Her constant vapid expression is infuriating.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I'm watching Jedi with the Rifftrax right now, and Threepio's "Oh! How horrid!" immediately followed by "A gungan!" absolutely cracked me up.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So the plot of the 3rd movie is that there's going to be a huge fight at the end, which happens off screen, and nobody is hurt or killed in the fight?

:thumbsup:

I swear, being a teenage girl should be outlawed.

e: Also have to love that Harpo now has an inexplicable Texan accent. They give his origin story in this movie, but he didn't have the accent until now when we find out he was a confederate soldier. Guess the makers of the first two movies hadn't read the third book.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 9, 2010

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
At least they featured the cute-haired vampire girl more in this one.

That's about the only thing I can say that's good about that movie at all.

Mustache Dad is my new favorite reoccurring character, overtaking "Snausages?!?!" Dog(s)

broken formica
Jan 31, 2007

It's not right for a woman to read; soon she starts getting ideas and thinking.

Universe Master posted:

In one of the other ones, maybe new moon, Bella's having one of her screaming depressed fits, and the riffs are all about her father yelling for her to come down and watch some bloopers show or something.

It's great.

When she has her little emo whiny scream-fits, the riff says something like "alright, she's out of here first thing in the morning!" Then at the end of the movie, when Edward and Bella are "reconciling," it says, "Bella, that episode of Cheaters where the host gets stabbed is on! Oh, I'm not interrupting anything romantic, am I??"

I am definitely Team Mustache Dad.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tony Danza Claus posted:

e: Also have to love that Harpo now has an inexplicable Texan accent. They give his origin story in this movie, but he didn't have the accent until now when we find out he was a confederate soldier. Guess the makers of the first two movies hadn't read the third book.

What's better is that he doesn't even seem to have it at the beginning of the movie, it only shows up after he tells his origin story.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

bruckner posted:

I cannot comprehend how there can be so many twilight followers. It's like trying to understand why dogs eat their own poo poo or something.

Wish fulfillment for women, similar to Transformers 1 or any other movie with a typical hero's arc centered around a young nerdy/geeky male that ends up with the hot chick at the end.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Ayabi posted:

"Look, how many monkeys will this take!?" and "I'm wearing my boyfriend-meeting toupee, what more do you want!?" are up there for me.

Mustache Dad :3:

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I had the misfortune of watching Airbender and Eclipse on consecutive nights. I can't believe I'm saying this but Eclipse was a better movie (not making it a good movie by any stretch). Maybe I'm used to the Twilight movies inexplicable way of delivering. their. lines. like. this - but somehow the acting seemed Oscar quality compared to the completely embarassing performances of Airbender. Maybe I'm just basing this comparison off the fact that Harpo was in both of the movies, or that the riff was much better (or at least they were having fun, Airbender was clearly making them miserable less than 10 minutes in).

Eclipse at least had some polish and delivered what it's fanbase was looking for. Airbender was a spectactular big budget failure in every regard, I haven't seen a movie so disjointed and poorly edited since Battlefield Earth.

Anyway, the best Riff line was "Most of my favorite nights were Degrassi Marathons on Nick!". Yes, Edward, I can relate :smith:

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Universe Master posted:

What's better is that he doesn't even seem to have it at the beginning of the movie, it only shows up after he tells his origin story.

To be fair to the horrible movie, he had like 3 lines total in the other two movies, and after 130 years I'd expect that he'd learn to talk with a different accent to try to fit in with the rest of his family.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I really wish the Rifftrax site would tell you in the cart if you already own a track. I accidentally bought the Star Trek 2009 tack twice. Dammit!

[edit] Wow, already got it refunded after five minutes of sending a e-mail about it. Very impressive.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 10, 2010

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rirse posted:

I really wish the Rifftrax site would tell you in the cart if you already own a track. I accidentally bought the Star Trek 2009 tack twice. Dammit!

It actually does tell you on the catalog and product pages if you're logged in.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

What the gently caress was Eclipse? And why the hell do vampires turn to porcelain when you hit them?

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?

weekly font posted:

And why the hell do vampires turn to porcelain when you hit them?

From http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=5881:

"There is a certain level of beautiful horror about the way vampires die. The shatter effect deals with the Twilight lore in that vampires can't be killed because they are a crystalline form of their former human selves. The only way they can be killed is by another vampire or by the jaws of the wolves."

:what:

Teix fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 11, 2010

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teix posted:

From http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=5881:

"There is a certain level of beautiful horror about the way vampires die. The shatter effect deals with the Twilight lore in that vampires can't be killed because they are a crystalline form of their former human selves. The only way they can be killed is by another vampire or by the jaws of the wolves."

:what:

God I hate that woman so much right now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Here's a screen capture from the calendar short.

That is one wicked camel toe.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
She has been cleft in twain!

:monocle:

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 1, 2014

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
The riffs with "video download" next to them come with the clips automatically right? I don't have to go searching for the corresponding video?

Also, is it difficult to synch the audio without using something like audacity? I mean something like playing the file on a stereo while the movie plays.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The 19th Person posted:

The riffs with "video download" next to them come with the clips automatically right? I don't have to go searching for the corresponding video?

Also, is it difficult to synch the audio without using something like audacity? I mean something like playing the file on a stereo while the movie plays.

Yes. Video downloads are the shorts and some Legend Films-owned stuff.

You can synch the audio with any program that plays MP3 files. Or an MP3 player. Depending on the riff, the MP3 file can drift a bit and get out of synch. That's why I always re-author the whole thing.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010
My parents were huge fans of MST3K (and bad movies in general) and for Christmas I want to get them some rifftrax, but they hate sitting down in front of a computer to watch a movie. How feasible is buying a riff, burning it to a CD, and playing it on a CD player?

Also, I'm afraid I might incite some kind of fan-riot with this, but what riffs do you guys recommend me get? I already have DVDs of Forbidden Zone (which has no riff, yes, but is also a movie that fascinates me with everything I hear about its plot) and Plan 9, and nearly every riff on the catalog is for a movie my family doesn't own, which I'd buy as well.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The main problem that I see is that a CD won't be long enough to hold a feature length riff. There are guides out there for burning pre-synched Rifftrax DVDs. That's probably the way to go if you want to make it easy for them.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Can't go wrong with Harry Potter movies. Twilight got pretty reamed and well. Star Trek and Beowulf are personal favorites of mine and all 7 Star Wars Riffs (Holiday Special is particularly cringeworthy) are gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Day. After. Tomorrow.

• Locked thread