Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
I do not remember what the movie is about but I'm going to guess drugs.

There is a scene where a charachter is describing the importance of the type of string and knot used to tie a balloon filled with drugs so that it will not open after being swallowed and before being released.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Ridonkulous posted:

There is a scene where a charachter is describing the importance of the type of string and knot used to tie a balloon filled with drugs so that it will not open after being swallowed and before being released.

I haven't seen it in ages so I'm probably wrong, but I wanna say Maria Full of Grace.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Ridonkulous posted:

Maria Full of Grace
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390221/

at least in that one, they're talking about using dental floss... and making sure that it's not waxed dental floss.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Around 10-12 years ago (at least) I was channel surfing and started to watch something on the Sci-Fi channel. I didn't watch the movie long, because it was absurd in the worst possible way and had that cheap, over-saturated, blue lighting that TV sci-fi movies have that makes me feel ill.

Anyway, the only scene I saw had a stereotypical 80s/90s drug dealer character with slicked back hair, white suit and a black handkerchief in his pocket. He was in a warehouse explaining to some gathered bad guys that his plan was to export dolls into America and when the dolls were melted down, they would turn into drugs. At this point, I think he melted a doll down and did some blow and then I think he got hosed up by the wall exploding and the hero coming in. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

FranticDisposition
Mar 9, 2010
I watched this movie maybe ten years ago, I can't even remember when or where. I remember vaguely some scenes that stood out for me:

There's a line of people applying for recruitment for a secret mission (this is during WWII I think). Two, maybe three, of them get accepted for this mission. One of the guys who doesn't get accepted, it turns out, was a spy for the Germans all along.

The mission is to blow up a factory. Don't remember what it makes, maybe rockets, but it was pretty key to the war effort. The guy who didn't get accepted remembers the faces of the others who were standing in line with him, including the ones who were accepted. This latter group is infiltrated into the factory...one of them as a janitor I think. But the German spy blows their covers because he recognizes them.

At the climax, one of the men, desperately evading capture, manages to turn on a searchlight or some other light source in the factory before he dies, which allows the Allied air force to bomb the factory.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

terrorist plumber posted:

I watched this movie maybe ten years ago, I can't even remember when or where. I remember vaguely some scenes that stood out for me:

There's a line of people applying for recruitment for a secret mission (this is during WWII I think). Two, maybe three, of them get accepted for this mission. One of the guys who doesn't get accepted, it turns out, was a spy for the Germans all along.

The mission is to blow up a factory. Don't remember what it makes, maybe rockets, but it was pretty key to the war effort. The guy who didn't get accepted remembers the faces of the others who were standing in line with him, including the ones who were accepted. This latter group is infiltrated into the factory...one of them as a janitor I think. But the German spy blows their covers because he recognizes them.

At the climax, one of the men, desperately evading capture, manages to turn on a searchlight or some other light source in the factory before he dies, which allows the Allied air force to bomb the factory.

Operation Crossbow

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010
WHO VOLUNTARILY GOES DAYS WITHOUT A SHOWER FOR NO REASON? DIS GUY

PLEASE SHOWER YOU GROSS FUCK
Here are some vague impressions.

A guy in a postal worker's suit. (I'm not talking about The Postman:colbert:) Mutants. Gladiators. Somebody lives in a doghouse.

If I ever discover what movie this is I'm going to renounce all worldly possessions. I think I probably saw it in a dream.

P.S., if it helps I definitely watched it before ~2000 AD.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This one's been bugging me for a while -- it's a fairly recent film, probably Euro or maybe Latin American. All I remember is a longish scene in a bar. A woman and man are facing the camera, and the entire scene is them whispering to each other, but we can't hear anything they say.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
The setting is rural (possibly medieval) China. A group of girls hang themselves at the end of the film. The narrator(?) tells us that two families argued for days or weeks who was to keep the rope. This is likely the final sentence of that movie.

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

Diligent Deadite posted:

Around 10-12 years ago (at least) I was channel surfing and started to watch something on the Sci-Fi channel. I didn't watch the movie long, because it was absurd in the worst possible way and had that cheap, over-saturated, blue lighting that TV sci-fi movies have that makes me feel ill.

Anyway, the only scene I saw had a stereotypical 80s/90s drug dealer character with slicked back hair, white suit and a black handkerchief in his pocket. He was in a warehouse explaining to some gathered bad guys that his plan was to export dolls into America and when the dolls were melted down, they would turn into drugs. At this point, I think he melted a doll down and did some blow and then I think he got hosed up by the wall exploding and the hero coming in. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

GUYVER 2: Dark Hero staring David Hayter aka Solid Snake!

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.
Can someone please tell me the name of the film comprised of nothing but long, wide, static shots of locations wherein people occasionally interact, though nothing about their interaction is obvious to the audience? That is literally all I know about this movie: scenes of interminable static shots of small middle-distance landscapes where people show up, do something, and leave.

It sounds just vague enough to be identifiable, doesn't it?

e: VVV Jesus love and keep you, FFD.

pill for your ills fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 17, 2010

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

pill for your ills posted:

Can someone please tell me the name of the film comprised of nothing but long, wide, static shots of locations wherein people occasionally interact, though nothing about their interaction is obvious to the audience? That is literally all I know about this movie: scenes of interminable static shots of small middle-distance landscapes where people show up, do something, and leave.

It sounds just vague enough to be identifiable, doesn't it?

Tejut

Fuzzysocksucker
Aug 20, 2005
This is driving me nuts. About 15-20 years ago I saw a movie on TV. About the only thing I don't remember is the name.

Synposis of plot: During Early WW2 a group of Nazi prisoners in a British POW camp are planning to escape. The antagonist is the ranking German. Tasked to stop them is the protagonist a British intelligence officer. The British know the Germans are up to something, and know they're passing information thru thier letters home but can't break the code. Enter the protagonist. Movie ends in fairly predictable fashion, code is broken just in time to catch the just escaped Nazis on thier way to meet up with a U-boat lurking off the coast.

Movie is colour, looks like it could have been filmed any time between the late 60s to early 80s. Googling plot points, looking up "definitive" set in WW2 movie lists has turned up nothing for me.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Fuzzysocksucker posted:

This is driving me nuts. About 15-20 years ago I saw a movie on TV. About the only thing I don't remember is the name.

Synposis of plot: During Early WW2 a group of Nazi prisoners in a British POW camp are planning to escape. The antagonist is the ranking German. Tasked to stop them is the protagonist a British intelligence officer. The British know the Germans are up to something, and know they're passing information thru thier letters home but can't break the code. Enter the protagonist. Movie ends in fairly predictable fashion, code is broken just in time to catch the just escaped Nazis on thier way to meet up with a U-boat lurking off the coast.

Movie is colour, looks like it could have been filmed any time between the late 60s to early 80s. Googling plot points, looking up "definitive" set in WW2 movie lists has turned up nothing for me.

Probably The McKenzie Break. You might remember them escaping in a large red lorry marked "explosives", if so this is the film. I saw this on TV fairly recently and was surprised because I'd never heard of it, despite the age.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

barbudo posted:

Here are some vague impressions.

A guy in a postal worker's suit. (I'm not talking about The Postman:colbert:) Mutants. Gladiators. Somebody lives in a doghouse.

If I ever discover what movie this is I'm going to renounce all worldly possessions. I think I probably saw it in a dream.

P.S., if it helps I definitely watched it before ~2000 AD.

What was the tone of the movie? Was it campy or serious?

also, X-posting from gibbis:
So this is a movie I saw latenight on some cable station in maybe 2004 and for the longest time I thought it was Lord of Illusions, but I've seen that and its definitely not the same film. Some details might be fuzzy, it was late and I may have been pretty high.

I don't know when it was made, but If I went off special effects it was either a normal budget 80's movie or a low budget 90's flick.

Basically what I remember is that there were two wizards who I think are the main characters. And one is a good wizard who is sort of a normal guy and the other one is a evil wizard who is more campy. They have some magical fight over the fate of a city and there is some prophecy that has to be fulfilled. I think at some point a kid (maybe the main characters son?) gets kidnapped. And I think the villain is black because I remember that being odd (not a lot of black guys in fantasy movies).

I also think that the wizards were trained by the same master.

The other movie is even more vague. I know I saw it sometime after 2003 and that it was a medieval period piece. I seem to remember it not having a lot of plot and mainly featuring a guy walking around in the woods. At some point he finds the body of a warrior or knight and takes his armor/gear. It had very pretty shots of the mountains and stuff.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The other movie is even more vague. I know I saw it sometime after 2003 and that it was a medieval period piece. I seem to remember it not having a lot of plot and mainly featuring a guy walking around in the woods. At some point he finds the body of a warrior or knight and takes his armor/gear. It had very pretty shots of the mountains and stuff.

Not a Knights Tale? Tthe main character does take a dead knights armour if I remember right.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

SiKboy posted:

Not a Knights Tale? Tthe main character does take a dead knights armour if I remember right.

No this was more of art film I think. I seem to remember him doing a LOT of walking, alone, with no dialogue, in the woods while sad music played.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

So this is a movie I saw latenight on some cable station in maybe 2004 and for the longest time I thought it was Lord of Illusions, but I've seen that and its definitely not the same film. Some details might be fuzzy, it was late and I may have been pretty high.

I don't know when it was made, but If I went off special effects it was either a normal budget 80's movie or a low budget 90's flick.

Basically what I remember is that there were two wizards who I think are the main characters. And one is a good wizard who is sort of a normal guy and the other one is a evil wizard who is more campy. They have some magical fight over the fate of a city and there is some prophecy that has to be fulfilled. I think at some point a kid (maybe the main characters son?) gets kidnapped. And I think the villain is black because I remember that being odd (not a lot of black guys in fantasy movies).

Maybe this is too obvious, but is it Wizards?

Here's the badguy

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...
I've posted this in other threads, but it's killing me. Can somebody please tell me what movie this NOT WORK SAFE gif is from?

NWS
http://tinypic.com/r/23kd6ia/7
NWS

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

fenix down posted:

Maybe this is too obvious, but is it Wizards?

Here's the badguy

No, it was definitely not animated that's why I thought it was Lord of Illusions.

Fuzzysocksucker
Aug 20, 2005

Hobnob posted:

Probably The McKenzie Break. You might remember them escaping in a large red lorry marked "explosives", if so this is the film. I saw this on TV fairly recently and was surprised because I'd never heard of it, despite the age.

I'm 99.9% sure you're right! I seem to remember they switch signs on the truck at some point to. Being set in Scotland rings a bell as well.

This has been driving me nuts for about 5 years now. Thank you so much.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Gyver posted:

GUYVER 2: Dark Hero staring David Hayter aka Solid Snake!

I've definitely seen that movie, and this seems to fit. Thanks!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Hello, thread! I am searching for a movie. I only remember one from it!

This must have been the mid or late 90s when I saw it, and I was probably watching it on the UPN tv channel. Perhaps the movie is older, I'm not sure. It was definitely a black movie (meaning, starring mostly black people), possibly a Spike Lee joint.

The scene is this: our protagonist(?) is in his room, pacing back and forth, while the camera is nearly top-down; a bird's eye view of the dude and his room. The soundtrack becomes very prominent, and I believe the track is Eric B & Rakim's Microphone Fiend.

Probably the plot at this point is that our protagonist is trying to write some rhymes?? I'm not sure. That's all I've got! Can someone help me?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jinnigan posted:

Hello, thread! I am searching for a movie. I only remember one from it!

This must have been the mid or late 90s when I saw it, and I was probably watching it on the UPN tv channel. Perhaps the movie is older, I'm not sure. It was definitely a black movie (meaning, starring mostly black people), possibly a Spike Lee joint.

The scene is this: our protagonist(?) is in his room, pacing back and forth, while the camera is nearly top-down; a bird's eye view of the dude and his room. The soundtrack becomes very prominent, and I believe the track is Eric B & Rakim's Microphone Fiend.

Probably the plot at this point is that our protagonist is trying to write some rhymes?? I'm not sure. That's all I've got! Can someone help me?

According to IMDB, the only movies that Microphone Fiend has appeared in is Freddy Got Fingered and Scratch, a documentary.

TheDjinni
Sep 13, 2007
This has been bothering me for so long, but it just came to the surface again in a discussion with a friend.

I want to know the name of this one movie that featured five men sitting around a table, discussing these weird dreams in which they died in strange and horrible ways, befitting how horrible they were in the dreams. I'm certain John Cleese was in it, but everything I looked up with him doesn't reveal anything so maybe I'm mistaken.

In the story I think was Cleese's, it had him as an extreme obsessive compulsive that beat his wife if she didn't do things exact to the letter, and after an extremely stressful day of nothing going right, she kills him when he gets home and puts his body parts in neat, small jars.

In another, a magician and his wife kill this one woman for her magic rope so he could include it in his act.

Another had a man faking his death for insurance money, but his accomplish deciding to take the money and leave him buried in his grave instead of digging him out.

And the last one had an artist gaining the ability that, whatever he paints or does to his paintings, comes true to whomever he painted. So he uses it as a way of getting back at three people that screwed him over.

In the end it is revealed they aren't actual dreams, but them constantly reliving their final moments and having to discuss them, before they remember they actually happened and before their souls could return to their graves.

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

It sounds a lot like Highlander 3 to me.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Years ago I watched part of a black and white silent comedy while wandering around a museum. It was about a couple who had just bought a house and the main gag I remember involved the house spinning in circles as the man tried to get inside. Thanks in advanced.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

cloudchamber posted:

Years ago I watched part of a black and white silent comedy while wandering around a museum. It was about a couple who had just bought a house and the main gag I remember involved the house spinning in circles as the man tried to get inside. Thanks in advanced.
One Week, an early Buster Keaton short. It's pretty great - not his best, but quite good.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

ClydeUmney posted:

One Week, an early Buster Keaton short. It's pretty great - not his best, but quite good.

That was quick. Thanks.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TheDjinni posted:

This has been bothering me for so long, but it just came to the surface again in a discussion with a friend.

I want to know the name of this one movie that featured five men sitting around a table, discussing these weird dreams in which they died in strange and horrible ways, befitting how horrible they were in the dreams. I'm certain John Cleese was in it, but everything I looked up with him doesn't reveal anything so maybe I'm mistaken.

In the story I think was Cleese's, it had him as an extreme obsessive compulsive that beat his wife if she didn't do things exact to the letter, and after an extremely stressful day of nothing going right, she kills him when he gets home and puts his body parts in neat, small jars.

In another, a magician and his wife kill this one woman for her magic rope so he could include it in his act.

Another had a man faking his death for insurance money, but his accomplish deciding to take the money and leave him buried in his grave instead of digging him out.

And the last one had an artist gaining the ability that, whatever he paints or does to his paintings, comes true to whomever he painted. So he uses it as a way of getting back at three people that screwed him over.

In the end it is revealed they aren't actual dreams, but them constantly reliving their final moments and having to discuss them, before they remember they actually happened and before their souls could return to their graves.
The Vault of Horror. Terry-Thomas, not John Cleese, the cut-glass accent must have confused you!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

DONT DO IT posted:

It sounds a lot like Highlander 3 to me.

Well poo poo.

Thats the only Highlander movie I thought I hadn't seen.

Which makes sense, the only Highlander I'd seen at that point was like two episodes of the TV show.

The fact that they were Highlanders makes so much more sense why googling "Black wizard kidnapping movie" didn't get me anywhere.

UFO
Sep 11, 2001
ASK ME ABOUT NEVER HITTING THE REPORT BUTTON AGAIN.
I'm great at pissing off the admins!
Demonic horror movie - boy grows boobs. It was not animated and it was released somewhere between 78 and 81.

Haha, seriously if someone knows this..

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Well poo poo.

Thats the only Highlander movie I thought I hadn't seen.

Which makes sense, the only Highlander I'd seen at that point was like two episodes of the TV show.

The fact that they were Highlanders makes so much more sense why googling "Black wizard kidnapping movie" didn't get me anywhere.

Yeah, your description pretty much fits the plot perfectly. It's not the worst Highlander movie either.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Ok, this is bugging me.

It's a movie (I'm assuming) I'd seen multiple times on television when I was younger, maybe in the late 90s. The part I really remember was that there was this alien pod or shell type thing and it's in a government base or something, and they plug a computer into it and talk to it or try to talk to it, or control it, with the computer. I'm pretty sure the computer had a command line interface and the screen may have been green on black like old computers were. Eventually they have to rush to stop something happening and I think the alien thing gets out and starts attacking people.

The pod was, I think, like football shaped and green.

Any ideas? (it's not Sphere)

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

UFO posted:

Demonic horror movie - boy grows boobs. It was not animated and it was released somewhere between 78 and 81.

Haha, seriously if someone knows this..

Fear No Evil

edit: In fact, your guilty pleasure can be seen here.

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 23, 2010

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Barack Pwnbama posted:

Ok, this is bugging me.

It's a movie (I'm assuming) I'd seen multiple times on television when I was younger, maybe in the late 90s. The part I really remember was that there was this alien pod or shell type thing and it's in a government base or something, and they plug a computer into it and talk to it or try to talk to it, or control it, with the computer. I'm pretty sure the computer had a command line interface and the screen may have been green on black like old computers were. Eventually they have to rush to stop something happening and I think the alien thing gets out and starts attacking people.

There's a scene like that in Moontrap:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097911/

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

zombieman posted:

There's a scene like that in Moontrap:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097911/

Doesn't look like this is it. Just flipped through the whole movie (it's on youtube) and it's not what I remember.

It looks like this is the football shaped alien thing in Moontrap, and that is way smaller than what I remember. The one I'm thinking of was a lot bigger, like a small car or something, and in the movie they had all these wires hooked to it along with the computer. I think most of the movie was about trying to manipulate the alien pod and a lot of the drama was about them trying to hack into it or something like that and a large part of the movie was spent in the room with the pod thing.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Barack Pwnbama posted:

Ok, this is bugging me.

Sounds like Flight of the Navigator to me, other than the pod being green and an attack.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Pweller posted:

Sounds like Flight of the Navigator to me, other than the pod being green and an attack.

It does sound a bit like Flight but it definitely wasn't. I specifically remember the pod being greenish and ugly and I definitely remember the alien attacking people.

It's most likely a lovely b-movie since I seemed to have watched a lot of those on tv when I was younger (hell, it might even be made for tv, I don't know)

edit - The alien may have been bug-like. Thinking about it it may have been "inspired" by Alien, or Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Barack Pwnbama posted:

It does sound a bit like Flight but it definitely wasn't. I specifically remember the pod being greenish and ugly and I definitely remember the alien attacking people.

It's most likely a lovely b-movie since I seemed to have watched a lot of those on tv when I was younger (hell, it might even be made for tv, I don't know)

edit - The alien may have been bug-like. Thinking about it it may have been "inspired" by Alien, or Aliens.

The fact that you say you saw it multiple times suggests to me that if it wasn't a made for TV movie it was an episode of a TV show. I'm thinking its probably from the 90's reboot of The Outer Limits.