Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Kakumei posted:

There was a (indie?) game for the PC recently (last few years) where you were this little totem-guy running/rolling down a cave jumping on platforms as the cave collapses and stuff, it was fast-paced and short and fun as hell.

What the hell is the name of this game I can't remember.

Igneous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

HereticSenility posted:

If it was educational, I'm pretty sure there's a game in the Super Solvers series where you play a diver. If it helps, the mascots of sorts were adorable little starfish guys.

Looked it up, but that's not it. Graphics were much nicer and had a more realistic quality to them. It was a 2D side-scroller type action game, I'm beginning to doubt the educational value in it.

You might have had to fight a shark boss at the end of each level?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Saint Septimus posted:

Igneous.

aaaaaaa that's it you're awesome thanks!

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

Another one! This one I really might of imagined it or I could of been fooled by some cut scene. But anyways, I remember the first time I saw Dragons Lair in an arcade I was pretty young. So it must of been between 83 and 86-87 tops. I was really impressed and some times later I saw another game running it seemed the same engine/style but all I can remember is some guy (detective?) in a car and a volkswagen beetle crashing into trash cans.

Thats all I remember! So maybe it was not a dragons lair type game and I just saw some cut scene but I think I remember playing and losing super fast because I didnt get the hit the button when it flashes thingy at that age.

The Entity
Apr 16, 2009

I still see the X

Iznogood posted:

Another one! This one I really might of imagined it or I could of been fooled by some cut scene. But anyways, I remember the first time I saw Dragons Lair in an arcade I was pretty young. So it must of been between 83 and 86-87 tops. I was really impressed and some times later I saw another game running it seemed the same engine/style but all I can remember is some guy (detective?) in a car and a volkswagen beetle crashing into trash cans.

Thats all I remember! So maybe it was not a dragons lair type game and I just saw some cut scene but I think I remember playing and losing super fast because I didnt get the hit the button when it flashes thingy at that age.

Cliff Hanger?

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

The Entity posted:

Cliff Hanger?

Ha ha just found it myself looking around on http://www.dragons-lair-project.com.

It must of been it the list is not that long. Thanks!!!

edit: all this success made me remember something really loving old. Like 79-82 in that range. And it might of not even have been a game!!

It was a free arcade machine at some restaurant I think. It cost nothing. It had a map with boats and I remember you couldn't do much. Its very possible it was not a game at all but something interactive with boats. I want to say it was pirate themed but it could be cruise ships too.

Iznogood fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 12, 2010

How dreadful!
Mar 17, 2009
It's a platformer. You're a cop (or private dick) and go around puonching "street toughs" and having sex with prostitutes. You can change between various positions and when you make the prostitute cum she gives you a powerup or information. In a couple of levels you ride around on a chopper. Also, each mission unlocks a sex toy which you can use between missions on your girlfriend.

Does anyone know what this game is called? I loved it in my early teen years.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

Nalk posted:

I'll check it out but I'm pretty sure that's not it. If time hasn't ravaged my mind the graphics were more simple than that, and it was day time.

I also think there was a some kind of mini-game involving his refrigerator and some kind of little mutant things?

Refrigerator? That sort of sounds like Maniac Mansion. I don't think it looks more basic than Hugo's House of Horror's though. Doesn't fall into the rest of your criteria though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

How dreadful! posted:

It's a platformer. You're a cop (or private dick) and go around puonching "street toughs" and having sex with prostitutes. You can change between various positions and when you make the prostitute cum she gives you a powerup or information. In a couple of levels you ride around on a chopper. Also, each mission unlocks a sex toy which you can use between missions on your girlfriend.

Does anyone know what this game is called? I loved it in my early teen years.

What the gently caress? Now I'm curious too. What platform? PC?

How dreadful!
Mar 17, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

What the gently caress? Now I'm curious too. What platform? PC?
Yes. I remember playing it sometime around 1999-2000. Also it was password protected; you chose a password during setup (I think). The only other things I remember are: the player character is dressed in blue and one of the sex toys was a string of anal beads.

Babunar
Sep 15, 2009
OK this is driving me mad, and I probably don't remember enough for anyone to recognise the game but here goes:

There were two squirrels (or furry animals of some kind), one black and one brown, and they rode around on a sort of rollercoaster-in-space type thing, which you controlled with buttons at the bottom of the screen. I remember... puzzles, maybe? One set in a concert hall.

Nobody will know this game, but I'm 70% sure I didn't imagine it...

Wild Bearcat Attack
Nov 4, 2008
There was a small game that I played in the early 2000s which was a fighting game. All the characters were animals which had been experimented on or something like that and could change between baby forms and giant robo-animals. I think very few rounds there was a minigame or something? All of the baby animal attacks were themed such as hitting the enemy with a baby bottle. There were for sure a dog and rhino character, I think a goldfish and a few more as well.

EDIT: Never mind, it was Battle Beast

Wild Bearcat Attack fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 16, 2010

Solvalou
Aug 31, 2001

Iznogood posted:

edit: all this success made me remember something really loving old. Like 79-82 in that range. And it might of not even have been a game!!

It was a free arcade machine at some restaurant I think. It cost nothing. It had a map with boats and I remember you couldn't do much. Its very possible it was not a game at all but something interactive with boats. I want to say it was pirate themed but it could be cruise ships too.

Could it be one of these?

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=838

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

Solvalou posted:

Could it be one of these?

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=838

Nope!! But really nice try!

Insanoblan
Jul 4, 2007

hey look blueberries omg nom nom nom
I have a vague one. It was a sort of point and click adventure game, but I don't seem to recall ever seeing a character (might have been a first person game, but I'm not 100 percent sure.)

I remember it seemed to take place in Egypt or some place similar, and had stuff involving treasure and pyramids and sand and stuff. You could choose powers at the start and all I remember is that there was one called "Clairvoyance" that made the game super duper easy.

How dreadful!
Mar 17, 2009
Shot in the dark: Entombed ?

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Okay so there was this game on the Sega Master System that had some kind of Mexican theme. You'd wander around killing poo poo on the map as a little bandito boy or something. Sometimes you'd defeat things and they'd join you as companions, following you around like auxiliary characters in the old RPGS and I think they would attack enemies with you or something.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Durgat posted:

Okay so there was this game on the Sega Master System that had some kind of Mexican theme. You'd wander around killing poo poo on the map as a little bandito boy or something. Sometimes you'd defeat things and they'd join you as companions, following you around like auxiliary characters in the old RPGS and I think they would attack enemies with you or something.

I'm reasonably sure this is Aztec Adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8VKTBO2iGQ

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
There was this game that was kinda like myst, but you had a timemachine instead of a spaceship/zeppelin thing, graphics were really dated, I remember playing it a couple of years back when I was just a wee lad. From what I can remember you started in this mansion thing and found the timemachine and depending on what combination of dials and switches you pressed, it sent you to a different place.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

One of the Journeyman Project games?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Here's one, I remember a game from the early 90's or late 80's ish area. Essentially it was a side view maze game where you were an orange sub searching for some sort of space meteor-x or something. Periodically you'd have to solve a math problem to continue, taking damage for an incorrect answer. You also had ink pellets to incapacitate sea-life temporarily. I'd love to play it again.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

PSWII60 posted:

Here's one, I remember a game from the early 90's or late 80's ish area. Essentially it was a side view maze game where you were an orange sub searching for some sort of space meteor-x or something. Periodically you'd have to solve a math problem to continue, taking damage for an incorrect answer. You also had ink pellets to incapacitate sea-life temporarily. I'd love to play it again.

Definitely Operation Neptune.

Jamizzy99
Jul 4, 2007
Hey, I just remembered a java game I used to play online a few years back. It was world war 2 and an isometric 3d view. Each player controlled a few soldiers and it was squad vs squad combat. Cannot remember the name for the life of me.

edit: It was call of combat

Jamizzy99 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 29, 2010

Kalluxe
Feb 6, 2003

Officer ROB is on patrol!
I'm trying to find a PC game from maybe 7 or more years ago (I think?) that was ostensibly supposed to be some sort of treatment program for ADD, ADHD, or other mental disorder, but was interesting in its own right. It was a bit like Jumping Flash for the PS, in that you would try to ascend from platform to platform, eventually making it to a goal. It was rather abstract. Any ideas?

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

There was this game that was kinda like myst, but you had a timemachine instead of a spaceship/zeppelin thing, graphics were really dated, I remember playing it a couple of years back when I was just a wee lad. From what I can remember you started in this mansion thing and found the timemachine and depending on what combination of dials and switches you pressed, it sent you to a different place.

"The New Adventures of the the Time Machine" seems probable.
http://au.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/15368/the-new-adventures-of-the-time-machine/images/tm07.html

Tome
Mar 2, 2007

Does anybody remember the name of this game? It was an upcoming MMO announced a couple years ago, probably cancelled by now. The only thing I can remember about the name of it was that it had World in the title, but I'm probably wrong about that, haha.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Tome posted:

Does anybody remember the name of this game? It was an upcoming MMO announced a couple years ago, probably cancelled by now. The only thing I can remember about the name of it was that it had World in the title, but I'm probably wrong about that, haha.

That's from The Secret World and it isn't cancelled, it's just not scheduled for release until late 2011/early 2012.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That Awful Nick posted:

it's just not scheduled for release until late 2011/early 2012.

And that's because it was only announced this year.

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm trying to remember the name of an adventure game you could run on Dosbox/Scummvm. The only thing I can recall is that the main character has a parrot named Knuckles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I used to think I didn't know what I was talking about regarding this game, but my memory has been corroborated, so I guess I can ask about this game.

It's an SNES game, released at the very latest in 1995 (probably more like "before 95"), and it just seemed a lot like Shadowrun in that you saved by sleeping and poo poo, except it wasn't dystopian and I seem to remember something about a very bright white sidewalk I couldn't get back up on once I walked off of it. I might be wrong here, but for some reason I get the impression that there was something very rotoscope-ey about the visuals.

I mean, it's not like I know a lot about it, I played about five minutes of someone else's save file when I was six, so the memory is almost twenty years old, but yeah.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Tome posted:

Too bad the screenshots look nothing like that. The character looks pretty interesting but it's an mmo.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

There was a game I played several years ago that I've never been able to find since. Something java/flash based, maybe even shockwave it's been so long. Single player. You had shopping cart drag races, and you could upgrade your shopping cart with better wheels & such against AI competitors & you could see these upgrades on your cart. You also had to drive the cart yourself, controlling when to hit the gas & such.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've been looking for an old game from back in the day.

It was an old first person dungeon crawler for the Commodore 64 I believe.

It looked a lot like the nes game Shadow Gate below, but it was in black & white. All I remember about it
was watching my older brother fight knights and blob monsters.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Lemon Curdistan posted:

And that's because it was only announced this year.

I have been on the Secret World forums since like 2007. Though, to be fair, you probably mean "having an actual date announced," which may well be true.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Vakal posted:

I've been looking for an old game from back in the day.

It was an old first person dungeon crawler for the Commodore 64 I believe.

It looked a lot like the nes game Shadow Gate below, but it was in black & white. All I remember about it
was watching my older brother fight knights and blob monsters.

Could very well be one of the original Bard's Tale games... or parts of an early Ultima game, which had dungeon crawling like that and a top down overworld.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
Okay, this is super annoying, and I've already forgotten and remembered the name of this game a couple of times. It just keeps slipping out of my mind every couple of years. It's like trying to remember a dream.

The game is EXACTLY like Snow Bros in terms of gameplay, but you play as a gravekeeper type character, and instead of covering monsters in snow you set them on fire with your lamp. I know it's not even that fun but it's killing me to have forgotten.

Here is Snow Bros for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apIYZbGXW9Y

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

Ganty posted:

Okay, this is super annoying, and I've already forgotten and remembered the name of this game a couple of times. It just keeps slipping out of my mind every couple of years. It's like trying to remember a dream.

The game is EXACTLY like Snow Bros in terms of gameplay, but you play as a gravekeeper type character, and instead of covering monsters in snow you set them on fire with your lamp. I know it's not even that fun but it's killing me to have forgotten.

Here is Snow Bros for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apIYZbGXW9Y

I believe that's Nightmare in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4vFz_Iqo0U

This is what you mean, correct?

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

21stCentury posted:

I believe that's Nightmare in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4vFz_Iqo0U

This is what you mean, correct?

Exactly. Thanks. You are my hero.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Alright I got one from the olden days that I'm trying to remember, so here is what I remember.

It was some kind of space game where you would send ships around and such, not quite like Star Control I don't think. I remember this one scene that would seemingly happen all the time to my ships, which basically equated to a cut-scene of a generic guy in a cockpit putting his hands on his face and then his face explodes.

I can say for certain that it was an old game, and I'm 50% sure I played it on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Got one I've been trying to rememeber for a while.

Me and my cousin used to play this old Sega Genesis platformer that I can't remember the name of. I seem to remember the art style being on the dark/weird side. The main thing I remember is in between levels you had to do these mini games like tic-tac-toe, or rock paper scissors, to beat the boss? Hopefully someone can recall this one.