Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I liked Bikertaker more in hindsight than I did at the time. But I agree with Captain Charisma. He came back at WMXX, he was kind of a hybrid, clearly doing the zombie gimmick, but he still had the leather pants, singlet top and MMA gloves of Bikertaker. Maybe people would have found it more palatable if he'd slowly introduced those elements and ended up as Bikertaker instead of just jumping there. They could have even run a storyline where he loses his powers and becomes human, which would tie in nicely with him becoming an old man.

Shadow225 posted:

Q: Who has a worse spear than Edge?

I've always found the problem with Edge's spear is that he's not big enough to make it look impressive. So, did Gillberg do a spear? If so, I imagine it would be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Karmine posted:

edit: A WRESTLING QUESTION:
What do you guys think is feud of the year because off the top of my head all I can come up with is Cena vs. Nexus and I know there have been better feuds than that this year.

the one I've felt most into was Miz / Bryan. Miz did such a great job of making me utterly loathe him, and Bryan did such a great job of making me root for him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I just want to say I hated BikerTaker. Not because he was BikerTaker but because he felt like he was protecting himself even more than Triple H. The Brock Lesnar feud was a breath of fresh air because it was finally someone able to go toe to toe with Taker. No wonder he hated Brock for not doing the job back to him because somewhere in his mind he likely felt it was owed to him.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Horse Pepsi posted:

Heel Bikertaker had the first real comeback to WHAT:

"Say WHAT if you sleep with your sister!"
"WHABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

He looked so drat disgusted at the fans, too.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Lone Rogue posted:

I just want to say I hated BikerTaker. Not because he was BikerTaker but because he felt like he was protecting himself even more than Triple H. The Brock Lesnar feud was a breath of fresh air because it was finally someone able to go toe to toe with Taker. No wonder he hated Brock for not doing the job back to him because somewhere in his mind he likely felt it was owed to him.

Lots of people hate Lesnar because he left and didn't put anyone over. Not just the Undertaker.

warbrides
May 11, 2009

What's Shane up to nowadays?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

warbrides posted:

What's Shane up to nowadays?
Shane O'Mac? Some phone company in China if I remember right.

warbrides
May 11, 2009

Endorph posted:

Shane O'Mac? Some phone company in China if I remember right.

?!

so not mma?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

warbrides posted:

?!

so not mma?

nope.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ColeM posted:

Lots of people hate Lesnar because he left and didn't put anyone over. Not just the Undertaker.

Boo to the loving hoo. Lesnar deserved to be put over and stay over. There was more money in Lesnar losing sparingly than Lesnar losing in a Spring program against a returning Undertaker.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Lone Rogue posted:

Boo to the loving hoo. Lesnar deserved to be put over and stay over. There was more money in Lesnar losing sparingly than Lesnar losing in a Spring program against a returning Undertaker.

How would Lesnar losing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania NOT be losing sparingly? He lost at Wrestlemania XX anyways. Lot more money in Lesnar vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania than Lesnar not being in WWE at all.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bald-n-Nekkid posted:

How would Lesnar losing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania NOT be losing sparingly? He lost at Wrestlemania XX anyways. Lot more money in Lesnar vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania than Lesnar not being in WWE at all.

Lesnar lost because the WWE wanted him to go out badly. He would have won if he was sticking around.

Returning Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar should be a Wrestlemania 21 program, not a Bad Blood program.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Lone Rogue posted:

I'm just saying that other people were pissed off, not just the Undertaker. They had the right reasons to be. When you leave you're supposed to put people over. Although he should've won over Goldberg, as he was leaving anyways and it didn't do anything for either person involved.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lone Rogue posted:

I just want to say I hated BikerTaker. Not because he was BikerTaker but because he felt like he was protecting himself even more than Triple H.

ColeM posted:

Brock Lesnar is also an immature hick with an enormous ego, in addition to how loving stupid it would have been to waste an angle like that when they could have easily just served up Booker T like they did after Lesnar left. Undertaker is a guy who had been around for a decade and thus should have been helping establish new guys instead of being a child and making sure he looked great. The DDP/Kanyon vs. Kane/UT cage match at Summerslam 2001 is probably the best example of this contained in one match. A pathetic, self-serving burial of two guys that could have contributed to the company for a few years for no reason.

Another bad one was him wiping the floor with Angle at Fully Loaded 2000 when that should have been Angle's stepping stone to his main event status.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Captain Charisma posted:

The DDP/Kanyon vs. Kane/UT cage match at Summerslam 2001 is probably the best example of this contained in one match. A pathetic, self-serving burial of two guys that could have contributed to the company for a few years for no reason.

Even back then I felt really bad for DDP and Kanyon. They DESTROYED them.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Captain Charisma posted:

Another bad one was him wiping the floor with Angle at Fully Loaded 2000 when that should have been Angle's stepping stone to his main event status.

I was gonna' bring this match up. If I remember right, this is the match where Taker no-sold getting hit in the knee with a wrench, and twice did that "pull the guy's shoulder up at 2 after a finisher" spot. Just a total squash.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Even back then I felt really bad for DDP and Kanyon. They DESTROYED them.

Just watched this on youtube to see what happened and holy poo poo. Even DDP and Kanyon's entrance was awkward as hell.

It's a shame they gave DDP that awful stalker gimmick. I can't see DDP as anything other than a super positive guy that anyone would want to be friends with.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Sara beat him the next night also.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

This reminds me of that great Scott Keith review of an Undertaker match.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

bobkatt013 posted:

great Scott Keith review

Does not compute.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jeffersonlives posted:

Does not compute.

Great in what the gently caress is this bullshit. Here it is from Fully Loaded 2000

- Kurt Angle v. Undertaker. Brawl outside to start. Into the ring, Nash…er…Undertaker drops an elbow, but picks him up at two. Suplex gets two, but again he picks him up. Whew, good thing, because I don’t think Angle could survive that devastating vertical suplex. Angle tries a sleeper, which goes nowhere. Emerald City Slam gets two for Diesel III, and Angle gets tossed to the floor. He finds his cartoonishly huge wrench and clips the American Fatass with it. Back in, Angle works the knee as the Great and Powerful Oz gets to show off his range of selling by laying on the mat and going “ouch” occasionally. Wow, way to put over the new talent, Mark. Poochietaker comes back and they slug it out, won by Taker. What a shock. Chokeslam and the Poochiebomb finish at 7:36. Retire now, you crippled, has been, slow-moving, fried-food eating, motorcyle-riding, no-selling, tobacco-chewing, no-money-drawing, talentless piece of selfish poo poo. Kurt Angle is the future, you are NOTHING. Deal with it. And take Kane with you when you go. I’m sure the idiot rubes will cry and Ask the Rick where you went again for six months the next time you leave, but I’ll be happy to see you gone for good, where you can’t drag down any more PPVs. Ѕ*

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 11, 2010

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

bobkatt013 posted:

Great in what the gently caress is this bullshit. Here it is from Fully Loaded 2000

- Kurt Angle v. Undertaker. Brawl outside to start. Into the ring, Nash…er…Undertaker drops an elbow, but picks him up at two. Suplex gets two, but again he picks him up. Whew, good thing, because I don’t think Angle could survive that devastating vertical suplex. Angle tries a sleeper, which goes nowhere. Emerald City Slam gets two for Diesel III, and Angle gets tossed to the floor. He finds his cartoonishly huge wrench and clips the American Fatass with it. Back in, Angle works the knee as the Great and Powerful Oz gets to show off his range of selling by laying on the mat and going “ouch” occasionally. Wow, way to put over the new talent, Mark. Poochietaker comes back and they slug it out, won by Taker. What a shock. Chokeslam and the Poochiebomb finish at 7:36. Retire now, you crippled, has been, slow-moving, fried-food eating, motorcyle-riding, no-selling, tobacco-chewing, no-money-drawing, talentless piece of selfish poo poo. Kurt Angle is the future, you are NOTHING. Deal with it. And take Kane with you when you go. I’m sure the idiot rubes will cry and Ask the Rick where you went again for six months the next time you leave, but I’ll be happy to see you gone for good, where you can’t drag down any more PPVs. Ѕ*

What the gently caress? Poochietaker??

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

This reminds me of that great Scott Keith review of an Undertaker match.

Keith was certainly going overboard, but Taker didn't have a lot of good matches as BikerTaker. He had a lot of horrible matches for sure. He did have a few serious gems (Taker/Lesnar HIAC), but I think people are remembering it with rose coloured glasses. He usually cut awful promos, it forced you hear a crappy Limp Bizkit or Kid Rock song every time he came out and it all felt like Taker was trying to be Steve Austin 2.0

Things were better as Big Evil when he focused on being a heel, but not much better.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

MrMondayNight posted:

I find that hilarious in the same way racist jokes are hilarious- I can't believe someone is serious about it.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Funny thing is that Undertaker is going to win back to back match of the year awards ten years after that stupid rant while Kurt Angle's drawing eight thousand buys per show and hasn't had a legitimately great match in a long time.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Speaking (kind of) of Angle; what was his best face run, cause I can really only remember him as a heel?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Stanfield posted:

Speaking (kind of) of Angle; what was his best face run, cause I can really only remember him as a heel?

probably his 03 run after his surgery, or his final run in 06.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

bobkatt013 posted:

Christ. I still remember the tagline to his review of that PPV. "Three main events, no elevation."

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

MrMondayNight posted:

Scott likened Nash in his later WCW days as Poochie from the Simpsons. If Nash was on the screen, everyone would be talking about him; if Nash wasn't on the screen, everyone would ask "where's Nash." Scott was transferring the Poochie moniker from Nash to Taker.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Scott likened Nash in his later WCW days as Poochie from the Simpsons. If Nash was on the screen, everyone would be talking about him; if Nash wasn't on the screen, everyone would ask "where's Nash." Scott was transferring the Poochie moniker from Nash to Taker.

It makes me feel good that I didn't know that.

Also Scott Keith's MMA reviews are loving hilarious and possibly worse than his wrestling reviews are now.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
It's good to remind people that Fully Loaded 2000 was one of the most stacked and best booked WWF PPV's.

Specifically look at the final four matches. Val Venis vs. Rikishi in a Cage for the IC Title (drat good match), Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle (Read Scott Keith's review and chuckle), Triple H vs. Chris Jericho in a Last Man Standing match (fantastic) and Chris Benoit vs. The Rock for the World Title (one of those lost Title defence gems. Shane McMahon as Benoit's manager was actually pretty good).

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jeffersonlives posted:

Funny thing is that Undertaker is going to win back to back match of the year awards ten years after that stupid rant while Kurt Angle's drawing eight thousand buys per show and hasn't had a legitimately great match in a long time.

another funny thing is that outside of that one good match a year, undertaker is complete poo poo, and kurt is still pretty good

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

It's good to remind people that Fully Loaded 2000 was one of the most stacked and best booked WWF PPV's.

A Dusty finish in the main event disqualifies any show from "best booked" of anything.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

The Shaman of Cum posted:

another funny thing is that outside of that one good match a year, undertaker is complete poo poo, and kurt is still pretty good

undertaker also had a fantastic match against rey at RR and a lot of ppl liked his series with kane (i didn't) so "complete poo poo" is kinda harsh.

Idk if jeffersonlives was trolling but angle's has like a dozen matches in the **** range every year

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Just watched this on youtube to see what happened and holy poo poo. Even DDP and Kanyon's entrance was awkward as hell.

It's a shame they gave DDP that awful stalker gimmick. I can't see DDP as anything other than a super positive guy that anyone would want to be friends with.

You'd think that after the huge pop DDP got when he unmasked that WWE would have maybe decided to go in a different a direction.

The crowd basically went "booo, booo .. boo-is that DDP? YAAAY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiva5s80vzM

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

MassRayPer posted:

It makes me feel good that I didn't know that.

Also Scott Keith's MMA reviews are loving hilarious and possibly worse than his wrestling reviews are now.

Scott Keith will review loving anything as long as it's not a Nutrition Facts label.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Web Jew.0 posted:

Idk if jeffersonlives was trolling but angle's has like a dozen matches in the **** range every year

This hasn't really been true in years. Angle still has a lot of good matches, but he's had some clunkers too and the serious MOTY candidates have all but disappeared.

Part of this is probably due to incompetent booking.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Fallon posted:

Nexus not workin' for ya?

I love the idea of Nexus and SES, but I didn't feel like any of them were honestly powerful outside of their leaders. You take away Barrett and Punk, and you have a bunch of guys that get trashed by Cena or aimlessly stand around the ring. I know they were main event stables, and I enjoy that, but I have a hard time getting behind them when I don't feel any reason to fear them.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

jeffersonlives posted:

This hasn't really been true in years. Angle still has a lot of good matches, but he's had some clunkers too and the serious MOTY candidates have all but disappeared.

Part of this is probably due to incompetent booking.

i honestly can't remember matches that's been bad because of him. if eric bischoff and hulk hogan came out at the end of undertaker/hbk and hosed around with crutches for five minutes it would've sucked too.

also weren't his matches against desmond aj and kennedy serious serious motyc this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

I love the idea of Nexus and SES, but I didn't feel like any of them were honestly powerful outside of their leaders. You take away Barrett and Punk, and you have a bunch of guys that get trashed by Cena or aimlessly stand around the ring. I know they were main event stables, and I enjoy that, but I have a hard time getting behind them when I don't feel any reason to fear them.

how quickly we forget

skip sheffield