Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Mickolution posted:

Really? Odd considering that there is/was a massive rivalry between the two companies with Puma being started by Adi Dassler's brother Rudi after a falling out between the two.

quote:

The Dutch FA had a deal with Adidas to supply their kit, and your Johnny Reps and Rob Rensenbrinks of this world were only too happy to wear the stripy orange shirts during the 1974 World Cup in Germany.Cruyff, of course, had other ideas. He had an exclusive personal deal with Adidas’s rivals Puma, who supplied him with their classic Puma King boots. Because of this, he was unwilling to sport the three trademark stripes of Adidas and insisted on a two-striped version instead. As you would expect, he got exactly what he wanted.

Although Cruyff wasn’t around to cause the German kit giants bother when Holland embarked on their 1978 World Cup campaign, his rebellious spirit lived on. The van de Kerkhof twins, Rene and Willy, insisted on being issued with Cruyff-style two-striped shirts else they were off. But did the Dutch FA give in to this blatant show of player power?Of course they did.

Doesn't say who actually manufactured the kits though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
From ONTD: FCB just announced that the Qatari Foundation has purchased space on their kits alongside the existing Unicef logo. Here is a mockup that probably won't look anymore ridiculous then the real thing.

Click here for the full 700x463 image.

Personally I think Barcelona should just print "Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" on all their merchandise.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Dilkington posted:

From ONTD: FCB just announced that the Qatari Foundation has purchased space on their kits alongside the existing Unicef logo. Here is a mockup that probably won't look anymore ridiculous then the real thing.

Click here for the full 700x463 image.

Personally I think Barcelona should just print "Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" on all their merchandise.

do'nt think that looks to bad.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Is that a loving tree?

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Pissflaps posted:

Is that a loving tree?

The Qatari Foundation is dedicated to the dream of one day growing a tree in Qatar. Trees are considered just a myth there, much like consensual sex is in Scotland.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Could someone post the new Portland Timbers kit, i'm on my phone and don't know how. but i think it's ugly

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

TomSellek posted:

Could someone post the new Portland Timbers kit, i'm on my phone and don't know how. but i think it's ugly

NO PITY

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
doesn't look that bad on the players

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reek posted:

doesn't look that bad on the players

It's doesn't look *as* bad but it's still terrible. For comparison, this is what the Vancouver expansion team is wearing next year:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If you're going to use a halved kit why pick the other colour to be so similar to the first that it will look the same on tv?

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!

Nyarlothotep posted:

NO PITY

But them kits are almost lovely.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

wicka posted:

holy crap that looks freakin sweet

e: lol 120 CAD are they loving crazy?

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

Oh my god that vancouver away one is sexy

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
The only football shirt I own is a dutch Euro08 shirt. It owns.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Shirts I own:

96/97 blue United away shirt with 20 Solskjaer on the back. Legend.

06/07 home United shirt with no name on the back

2010 World Cup Cameroon shirt with 9 eto'o on the back

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

wicka posted:

makes me think of

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
lol if you dont own and wear a Jorge Campos goalkeeper shirt

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Mash posted:

Shirts I own:

96/97 blue United away shirt with 20 Solskjaer on the back. Legend.

06/07 home United shirt with no name on the back

I have:

2003-ish Rep. of Ireland shirt

08/10 red Liverpool home shirt

10/11 white Liverpool away shirt

I had a Liverpool home shirt from around 94 or 95 but I think it got thrown out at some stage when I grew out of it.

Does anyone have a link to that website that had loads of old English clubs kits? I think c0burn posted it in some thread last year.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

irlZaphod posted:

I have:

I had a Liverpool home shirt from around 94 or 95 but I think it got thrown out at some stage when I grew out of it.

Does anyone have a link to that website that had loads of old English clubs kits? I think c0burn posted it in some thread last year.

http://www.toffs.com I think is what you're looking for.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I have:

https://www.subsidesports.com But it looks like they've really cut down on their older kits.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh sorry, I wasn't looking to buy any, just to look at them to see which one it was that I had. I googled a bit and found a couple:
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

It was the 95-96 shirt that I had with the cricket collar.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

The Mash posted:

That shirt owns.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/ has a lot of old shirts for buying.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
I think I own about 60 football shirts.

I am a literal child.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Grievo posted:

I am a literal child.

20 years worth of home/away/third and the odd national kit?

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

ibroxmassive posted:

20 years worth of home/away/third and the odd national kit?

It's a little more varied. I have some very random shirts from when I was like 16. Hertha Berlin, Benefica, Atletico Madrid, Senegal, Parma etc

The majority are Newcastle and Hearts tops though.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Grievo posted:

I am a literal child.
I don't have 60, but I probably have every home/away for Arsenal from the past 20 years or so, plus some US team kits.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

real_scud posted:

I don't have 60, but I probably have every home/away for Arsenal from the past 20 years or so, plus some US team kits.

How often do you actually wear most of these?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

The Flying Clog Wog posted:

How often do you actually wear most of these?
I wear ones depending on if we've been winning or not for almost every game we play. During the off season I'll wear 'em whenever I want. I'd say in general just about every one has been worn in the past year.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

real_scud posted:

I wear ones depending on if we've been winning or not for almost every game we play. During the off season I'll wear 'em whenever I want. I'd say in general just about every one has been worn in the past year.

so arsenal shirts are basically all you ever wear?

going out? arsenal shirt. working? arsenal shirt? going to bed? arsenal shirt on my lifesize nasri blow up doll.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr Pepper posted:

going out? arsenal shirt. working? arsenal shirt? going to bed? arsenal shirt on my lifesize nasri blow up doll.

I think it might help to figure out how reading works.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

JingleBells posted:

Are you sure that wasn't Johan Cruyff?

If it is, he aged REALLY badly.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Mr Pepper posted:

No.

wicka posted:

I think it might help to figure out how reading works.
He's a Spurs fan so what do you expect?

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
I ordered an arsenal home shirt from arsenal.com on tuesday and it was here on friday. It came from a town in North Carolina with a population just over 10,000. I will think about the hick that wouldn't ever otherwise heard of Andrei Arshavin if it weren't his job to print that name and number on the back of shirts all day, every time I put it on.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dear Sergio posted:

I ordered an arsenal home shirt from arsenal.com on tuesday and it was here on friday. It came from a town in North Carolina with a population just over 10,000. I will think about the hick that wouldn't ever otherwise heard of Andrei Arshavin if it weren't his job to print that name and number on the back of shirts all day, every time I put it on.

They must outsource through Eurosport.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

Shrapnac posted:

They must outsource through Eurosport.

Yeah, it's the same street address as "Eurosport, the fabled soccer traders". Interesting.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I got this season's best football shirt for my birthday. That's a Middlesbrough FC shirt, in case you hadn't got the memo.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pissflaps posted:

I got this season's best football shirt for my birthday. That's a Middlesbrough FC shirt, in case you hadn't got the memo.

Perhaps you could post a picture of your beard modelling it, perhaps on the roof of your domicile.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Outrespective posted:

Perhaps you could post a picture of your beard modelling it, perhaps on the roof of your domicile.

Bit dangerous Outrespective.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Got my triads Modrić shirt complete with no sponsor.

Not having a sponsor on it is ace. Do they do it for other clubs or just us since we didn't have one at the start of the year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Couch posted:

Got my triads Modrić shirt complete with no sponsor.

Not having a sponsor on it is ace. Do they do it for other clubs or just us since we didn't have one at the start of the year?

My Spurs kit from triads has the sponsor on it. Boo. I'd rather it be sponsor-free