Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Reynardine is probably going to have to go into the forest and save her, though. Likely facing the temptation of getting his old body back, choosing between the horde of manipulative assholes and Coyote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

Rei_ posted:

choosing between the horde of manipulative assholes and Coyote.

So choosing between a horde of manipulative assholes and a singular manipulative rear end in a top hat?

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

The 19th Person posted:

So choosing between a horde of manipulative assholes and a singular manipulative rear end in a top hat?

At least with Coyote you know he's a manipulative rear end in a top hat. The enemy you know and all that.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Love's made a fool out of Bear.

Rei_ posted:

Reynardine is probably going to have to go into the forest and save her, though. Likely facing the temptation of getting his old body back, choosing between the horde of manipulative assholes and Coyote.

But he can't do anything without Annie's permission right? So there's not really a temptation thing. Although she may give him a choice.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Could someone who has the printed book tell me where in the comic it ends?

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
I think the first one is Chapters 1-14, and the second one is Chapters 15-22.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The 19th Person posted:

This is probably going to come off as perplexing for Kat and the rest.

Annie: I'm going to go get some homework done.

*Hour later*

Elgamore: Annie just tried to kill me and ran into the forest.

Of course, Reynardine is there to fill in the gaps, but still, it's going to come off as mostly out-of-the-blue.

That was some loving homework.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

The 19th Person posted:

There is a thread in the official Gunnerkrigg forums with a similar "photoshop boxbot into things" theme. Not as good as the examples here but there are good ones.

http://gunnerkrigg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=410&page=1

Some of those are better than others.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I just finished my second read of the comic, and was once again really sad when I couldn't press the next button anymore. :( I think it was at least as good on a second read, by the way. He set the stage for so many of the story arcs so far in advance.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

fritz posted:

Some of those are better than others.

I liked this one.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

drat Ysengrin, kick her whilst she's down why don't you?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Nice wooden suit. Would be a shame if caught on fire."

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

For some reason I get the feeling that Ysengrin is acting like more of an rear end in a top hat in this one than he actually is.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think there is some subtle communication there you guys missed. They both know just how weak Ys is under that wooden body.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I think there is some subtle communication there you guys missed. They both know just how weak Ys is under that wooden body.

Huh. Didn't think of it that way.

:smith:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Ohhh yeah. I didn't think of that...

Staggy posted:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So this is where Ysengrin sorts Annie out with her very own wooden mecha suit, right?

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

For some reason I get the feeling that Ysengrin is acting like more of an rear end in a top hat in this one than he actually is.

Remember this comic? The role Ysengrin plays for others is different from what he really is.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Fangz posted:

So this is where Ysengrin sorts Annie out with her very own wooden mecha suit, right?

Part girl, part wood, part machine, all vengence. She is the End of Days!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Yadoppsi posted:

Remember this comic? The role Ysengrin plays for others is different from what he really is.

Or maybe the role he plays for others is exactly who he is.

It isn't really clear.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Have we had any clues as to how Ysengrim's body got so messed up?

Something tells me that it's going to be something tragic, like he saved Renard's life, and neither Renard or Coyote give a poo poo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

inthesto posted:

Have we had any clues as to how Ysengrim's body got so messed up?

Something tells me that it's going to be something tragic, like he saved Renard's life, and neither Renard or Coyote give a poo poo.

You try sealing yourself up in a wooden suit for days or weeks at a time.

His body has just atrophied from lack of use, to the point where he needs to use his tree powers to get around at all.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I love how you all pretty much mirrored Annie in the last three panels of the comic.

1. Hey, where the hell did that come from, jerk?
2. Oh, wait, he's weak underneath that wood body too. He has no tolerance for himself.
3. :smith:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Oxxidation posted:

You try sealing yourself up in a wooden suit for days or weeks at a time.

His body has just atrophied from lack of use, to the point where he needs to use his tree powers to get around at all.

That doesn't explain why Ys is missing an ear.

I'm under the impression that the tree-body came after his real body got FUBARed.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

inthesto posted:

That doesn't explain why Ys is missing an ear.

I'm under the impression that the tree-body came after his real body got FUBARed.

Then it's the wrong impression. Everything wrong with Ysengrin from the neck down is from atrophy.

The missing ear was probably just happenstance. I doubt he was much less of a moody bastard before Coyote fixed him up.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm gonna guess Ysengrin's self-loathing wouldn't be so potently fueled if he got his tree body from a noble act like saving anyone's life. He probably just asked for a better body because he felt the wolf body wasn't strong enough, and Coyote being Coyote gave him the double-edged sword tree suit thing. (I forget if this much has been said earlier/in the comic, I haven't been through the archives in ages)

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

Part girl, part wood, part machine, all vengence. She is the End of Days!

Oh god I set myself on fire aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Space Prostitute posted:

I'm gonna guess Ysengrin's self-loathing wouldn't be so potently fueled if he got his tree body from a noble act like saving anyone's life. He probably just asked for a better body because he felt the wolf body wasn't strong enough, and Coyote being Coyote gave him the double-edged sword tree suit thing. (I forget if this much has been said earlier/in the comic, I haven't been through the archives in ages)

See also: Darth Vader.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ka0 posted:

See also: Darth Vader.

Ysengrin is secretly Anthony Carver? :eek:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Man I thought it was funny in a mean kind of way but now it's sad :mad:

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
They probably saw her blasting fire along the bridge.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
[INTERLUDE]

:gbsmith:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Foreshadowing some terrible future incident where Annie will watch in tears as Ysengrin succumbs to some terrible Court plot/device.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Foreshadowing some terrible future incident where Annie will watch in tears as Ysengrin succumbs to some terrible Court plot/device.

Oh god I don't want that. :ohdear:

Mike McC
Oct 9, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Honestly I think Coyote is equally suspect.

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I love how you all pretty much mirrored Annie in the last three panels of the comic.

1. Hey, where the hell did that come from, jerk?
2. Oh, wait, he's weak underneath that wood body too. He has no tolerance for himself.
3. :smith:

feel sorry for the people that need it pointing out through

what else have they missed?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Oh god I don't want that. :ohdear:

Dude, think about it. Ysengrin would go down, but he would take a small battalion of motherfuckers with him! :hist101:

Ysengrin vs. Eglamore. Eglamore gets the upper hand. Annie gets in the way and threatens Eggie with immolation, Ysengrin becomes a party member. Er... friend.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Eglamore is a nice guy, he just wants to protect his friends. Also Kat probably still has a crush on him. Why are you so mean to Eglamore?

Also Ysengrin is an unhinged dude who literally tried his very hardest to murder Annie (for disrespecting Coyote) previously, and is only not doing so now on orders from Coyote. He is not the good guy.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Interesting "How do you guys pronounce Jeanne?" follow up question:
How are you guys pronouncing Ysengrin?

In my head, I pronounce it Yes-en-grin. yeh-Sen-grin.

Not saying anyone is wrong or right, I just want to know if I'm in the majority.

\/\/\/ I guess I do put more emphasis on the middle syllable. poo poo.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dodgeball posted:

Interesting "How do you guys pronounce Jeanne?" follow up question:
How are you guys pronouncing Ysengrin?

In my head, I pronounce it Yes-en-grin.

Not saying anyone is wrong or right, I just want to know if I'm in the majority.
I pronounce it "jean," as in the denim pants. Although like half the time I pronounce "jee-anne."

"yih-sen-grin." The yih and sen are run together quickly, with emphasis on "sen." Like if it were written Y'sengrin, because it seems like there ought to be a vowel there.