Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Holy poo poo, 196 games are on sale. Almost every game on the site is at least 30% off. I'm going to be buying at least 10 of these.

Just to make sure I understand right, all 196 of these are on sale for the whole 21 days, right?

edit: Nevermind, I just saw the bit on the right side about the Atari and Activision catalogues.

Ara fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
What's Divine Divinity like? Hard as balls?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Ara posted:

Holy poo poo, 196 games are on sale. Almost every game on the site is at least 30% off. I'm going to be buying at least 10 of these.

Just to make sure I understand right, all 196 of these are on sale for the whole 21 days, right?

edit: Nevermind, I just saw the bit on the right side about the Atari and Activision catalogues.

I think they might be phasing more in as the other catalogs go out, since GOG says on their headline for the sale that nearly 300 games will be discounted, but I only see the 196 right now.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
what the poo poo is going on with the bottom ones in each least that you can't click on

edit: nvm just went to the main catalog

also for the 290 number they might be counting for example the Might and Magic series as 6 games or whatever but I don't know if that will account for all of that

DEVILDOGOOORAH fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 14, 2010

Stormy the Rabbit
Sep 16, 2008

5 more minutes of this and I'm gonna get mad!
I hate Christmas sales. $70 gone in an instant :(

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Stormy the Rabbit posted:

I hate Christmas sales. $70 gone in an instant :(

You could have given that to an elderly relative who needs money for heating, or give it to charity.

gently caress them honestly, they should have planned for that outcome.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ooh boy.

EARTH 2150 TRILOGY
CONSTRUCTOR
RIVEN: THE SEQUEL TO MYST
SIMON THE SORCERER
EARTH 2160
REALMS OF ARKANIA 3
MASTER OF ORION 1+2
DARK FALL: THE JOURNAL
REALMS OF ARKANIA 1+2
SEPTERRA CORE: LEGACY OF THE CREATOR
DIVINE DIVINITY

35 USD, about 26€. Fair.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

OptimusShr posted:

You have to switch your graphics options o that the game uses OpenGL instead of glide. The game was made to take advantage of OpenGL.
Technically it looked better in Direct3D, but the differences were very subtle. The main difference is that the menu background is animated in D3D and static in OpenGL, heh.

But yes, change the 3D API and just use whatever works.

Omega Hans
Feb 6, 2010
Tyrian 2000 is now free!

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I've never been mad about a sale because there's too much I want.

GOG, helping me experience new feelings for 825 days.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Looks like everything is on sale except Interplay (We need every penny for the FO MMO), Activision (We're only on this GoG thing to look better than EA), and Sierra (You mean there's still people willing to pay money for Roberta's adventures?).

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Omega Hans posted:

Tyrian 2000 is now free!

Not surprised.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

zedprime posted:

Looks like everything is on sale except Interplay (We need every penny for the FO MMO), Activision (We're only on this GoG thing to look better than EA), and Sierra (You mean there's still people willing to pay money for Roberta's adventures?).

Activision's sale will start in 3 days, though.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
Which one is the better one between Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Man-In-Madden posted:

Which one is the better one between Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity?

Divine.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Looks like it's time to pick up those Infinity Engine games.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play

Saoshyant posted:

Divine.

Thanks. I remembered one of them not being good as the other one but not which one was which.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

So, Aquanox 1/2, which one is the best? If they're equal I'm gonna go with 2 for gRaFixx.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The MSJ posted:

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas10

Holiday sales are go!

I have a sinking feeling in my wallet; it grows the more I page down the list.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Does anyone have Master of Magic? I'm wondering how nicely it plays as a game to put on the 2nd monitor when doing other things

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Holy Cheese posted:

What's Divine Divinity like? Hard as balls?
Not really, unless you put it on the hard difficulty level. It is somewhat open-ended, though, so you're free to go into areas that are higher than your current level can handle.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Are Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader one of those series where the latter completely replaces the former? They have pretty much identical reviews and look about the same, just one is prettier.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Danith posted:

Does anyone have Master of Magic? I'm wondering how nicely it plays as a game to put on the 2nd monitor when doing other things

I would recommend it, so long as you are a fan of Civilization, Master of Orion, and/or Heroes of Might & Magic. MoM will be very familiar if you like those games. If not, there's a bit of a learning curve trying to figure out what techs and units work best, but if you play on an easy difficulty it won't be too bad.

Just grab this patch at the bottom of the page here, as dragonsword.com (MoM fansite) has been down for awhile.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally, I can justify buying Two Worlds.
And BG2. And Duke Nukem 3D. And maybe PS:T and NWN as well.

EDIT: The games on my Wishlist on sale are-

Second Sight
BG2
PS:T
Duke Nukem 3D
Two Worlds
NWN

Do I really need all six of those?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 14, 2010

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

kuddles posted:

Not really, unless you put it on the hard difficulty level. It is somewhat open-ended, though, so you're free to go into areas that are higher than your current level can handle.

Nice, thanks Juliette Binoch or whomever.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I don't know if anyone is looking for recommendations, but if you ever liked the PS1 Final Fantasy games, you NEED to get Septerra Core.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I'm thinking of getting BG2 but dammit I stopped playing Planescape! I keep buy all these really old and long rpgs and I'll never beat them.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Welp.
Torment, Icewind Dale, and Icewind Dale 2.
Done.

Now when am I going to have time to play these epic rpgs? Hmmmm.

E: ToEE too. Wtf. What is wrong with me?

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 14, 2010

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Ara posted:

Are Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader one of those series where the latter completely replaces the former? They have pretty much identical reviews and look about the same, just one is prettier.
They both use the same engine. The original is set in a Merry Olde England and Crusaders is set during the Crusades, obviously. Thus the main difference is the setting and campaigns, also some building differences and different units, Crusaders changes a few other things as well but really I guess you should get the one with the setting that interests you most. Or both.

I preferred Crusaders over the original. Either way they are both fun games.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Megadyptes posted:

They both use the same engine. The original is set in a Merry Olde England and Crusaders is set during the Crusades, obviously. Thus the main difference is the setting and campaigns, also some building differences and different units, Crusaders changes a few other things as well but really I guess you should get the one with the setting that interests you most. Or both.

I preferred Crusaders over the original. Either way they are both fun games.

I'll just get both of them then, thanks. I already bought 14 games from this sale :sweatdrop:

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
I shall purchase Baldurs Gate 2 + Planescape Torment, as I have never played either. Should be fun :>

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Are the Unreal 2K4 servers still well populated? I'd hate to buy the game and only see 5 populated servers up, all with 150+ pings.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life

doctorfrog posted:

Are the Unreal 2K4 servers still well populated? I'd hate to buy the game and only see 5 populated servers up, all with 150+ pings.

They're populated but not well, also Onslaught is the only game mode anyone seems to play.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Danith posted:

To answer your question, it's just a DOS game running in DOSbox. You can alter a parameter in the configuration file or just hit alt+enter to change it to windowed-mode and then you can shove it on whichever monitor you want.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic is a very similar kind of game but a modern, native Windows version. You can also play it in a window and it plays a little more nicely with the mouse.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Awesome Andy posted:

They're populated but not well, also Onslaught is the only game mode anyone seems to play.

A shame :(

With the recent price reduction, though, Serious Sam 1 and 2 at 50% off is a pretty good deal, $3 each.

e: Also $3, how does Dream Pinball compare to Big Race USA?

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 14, 2010

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Ara posted:

The campaign in the first one does a bit of a better job explaining the mechanics. After that just go into free build mode in Crusader for better graphics. I actually prefer the first, but really the only difference is tileset and campaign.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is it stupid that I'm thinking about getting Mob Rule?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Yes. Also, racist and ugly.

e: oh, is it stupid! Never mind, I thought you were asking something else.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

doctorfrog posted:

A shame :(

With the recent price reduction, though, Serious Sam 1 and 2 at 50% off is a pretty good deal, $3 each.

e: Also $3, how does Dream Pinball compare to Big Race USA?

Reviews for Dream Pinball 3D verge from mediocre to terrible. I haven't actually played it, though.

I do plan on picking up all the Pro Pinball games, however. Apparently there's one more called The Web; I wonder if/when GOG will get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Discount Viscount posted:

Apparently there's one more called The Web; I wonder if/when GOG will get it.

I can't wait till my ball comes erupting out of tubgirl to come rolling down past my flippers into goatse.