Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

reality_groove posted:

I've picked up "What's up hot dog" as a greeting. He has a very infectious style of speech.

The best is when you can hear him laughing his rear end off when Cyber Thug takes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

Phone posted:

The best is when you can hear him laughing his rear end off when Cyber Thug takes over.

My favorite Cyber thug moment, singing his auto tune song:

"Do you like...money?"
"Yeah, sure!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kodo posted:

My favorite Cyber thug moment, singing his auto tune song:

"Do you like...money?"
"Yeah, sure!"

That was Jerry Minor not Cyber Thug. You silly person you.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Jesus Christ! I kind of tip-toed around it earlier, but if it's that big of a deal for you then maybe they're precluding you on purpose. Valiantly stop listening. I hope this post is a joke, holy poo poo!

You know, this issue wouldn't be so huge if the podcast was dogshit. However, It's not. It's ridiculously funny. The majority of the listeners here, like myself, are saying that it puts the loving breaks on the show and is distracting. Thanks to them saying they would stop last episode and doing it anyway, I'm one foamy beer burp away from ditching the fellas.

Here's my solution. Burp. Burp all you loving want. However, pull away from the mic. We don't want to hear it, or at least in my case, I don't want to hear it RIGHT in my ear.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Ok, this is weird: I got word from Reilly that if you guys that hate the burping can think of some other subtle running gag and they like it, they will forego the burping totally throughout 2011.

Also, he said that there's no belching for at least the first 1/3 of the Christmas Special.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to all the impotent Teamsters!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
That's pretty funny that they will give up the burping but only if they get a replacement dumb bit.

Yeah sure we'll quit belching but we gotta have a hook! We're not just gonna sit here and TALK!

How bout they HIGH FIVE during the show

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Ok, this is weird: I got word from Reilly that if you guys that hate the burping can think of some other subtle running gag and they like it, they will forego the burping totally throughout 2011.

Also, he said that there's no belching for at least the first 1/3 of the Christmas Special.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to all the impotent Teamsters!

Ha, yeah I had just emailed him last night and he said the same thing. Also, on my suggestion he said they may start taking audience submissions for the Michael McDonald Game!

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Narwhale posted:

Also, on my suggestion he said they may start taking audience submissions for the Michael McDonald Game!

Nice. That's one of my favorites!

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Wouldn't the "what am I thinking" answer to "Craig T. Nelson" and "Joel Hodgson" (after bringing up MST3k) be "Mike Nelson"? It's so obvious!

Not the best CDR, but Harris's Phone Corner had me dying. It wasn't even funny, but goddamn, was I busting up.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I tend to pick out certain episodes of CDR based on the guests/characters on that episode. My favorites being Cake Boss, Merryl Schindler, and Jesse Ventura.

Are there any non-Adomian/PFT episodes I should not miss?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Episode 54 - Marc Maron and The Birthday Boys
Episode 42- Matt Walsh, Ian Roberts, some othe people
Episode 15 - Steve Agee, Matt Besser, Natasha Leggero

any episode with Seth Morris (Bob Ducca)
Any episode with Don't Stop or We'll Die (songs or members)
Any episode with Garfunkel & Oates

edit: and Andy Daly too, he always plays a goofy character, and more than with other guests Scott seems to try to get him to make facts about the character and then remember them later

Borrowed Ladder fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 14, 2010

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I don't know why but this recent DLM really had me laughing with the whole screaming monkey toy that Doug threw into the audience. Plus Edgar Wright is quickly becoming one of my new favorite DLM guests.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Episode 73, the one with Jon Daly as Bill Cosby Bukowski is really good too. It taught me that babies are the original mash-ups and I also learned who the most fuckable Huxtable is.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

:sigh: Really? Why do they need a replacement? Just ditch it and come up with more concepts. The Michael McDonald game seems to have come up naturally during their riffing along with the burping. Unless it was all planned out, which it doesn't come off as. How about more word play.

Hell, Wyld Cannon may have been sarcastic when he said HIGH FIVING, but if one of them said high five and I hear a slap, especially during a weird time to be doing it, I would laugh.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
*sigh* is there a goon place I can ask about tech issues? Basically, why iTunes sucks and won't refresh my feedburner feed? I can't get iTunes to show my feed at all, while Google Reader shows it just fine (but Google Listen - Android app does not, which is even more weird).

I really want to share my podcast with the thread but want to have working in iTunes properly.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Geekslinger posted:

I don't know why but this recent DLM really had me laughing with the whole screaming monkey toy that Doug threw into the audience. Plus Edgar Wright is quickly becoming one of my new favorite DLM guests.

It's astounding how he was able to get 'The Country Bears'.

Plus, he's good friends with Guillermo Del Toro and Quentin Tarantino, so we're just steps away from getting those guys on as well. The Leonard Maltin game would be insane.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

krushgroove posted:

*sigh* is there a goon place I can ask about tech issues? Basically, why iTunes sucks and won't refresh my feedburner feed? I can't get iTunes to show my feed at all, while Google Reader shows it just fine (but Google Listen - Android app does not, which is even more weird).

I really want to share my podcast with the thread but want to have working in iTunes properly.
Well, I can't tell from your post if it just won't refresh, or if it's not showing up at all, but:
http://tipsforrunningpodcasters.blogspot.com/2009/01/getting-itunes-to-update-immediately.html

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Thanks, I've done that, in the iTunes acceptance email they included that same URL to instant-ping iTunes so it will refresh, but still no joy. Feedburner puts in all the tags that iTunes requires, and I was able to change the description of the feed, which that showed up just fine in iTunes, but without any episode listing. I spent a lot of time updating blog posts to remove apostrophes in the posts so the HTML/XML shows up okay on feedvalidator.org and it's been several hours since I did that but iTunes still shows no episodes.

Feedburner is supposed to be the be all end all of RSS aggregators but I'll have to think about looking for another one if this doesn't ever work.

e: the feed is http://digitalporridge.wordpress.com/feed/ if anyone wants to take a look and see what's up

Sorry to deviate from the usual banter...my favorite podcasts are The Bugle, Uhh Yeah Dude and Kieth and the Girl :) I guess no one talks about KatG partly because they have their own forums?

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 14, 2010

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

DrVenkman posted:

It's astounding how he was able to get 'The Country Bears'.

I actually -1'd both movies in my car, then felt very sad about myself.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

King Lou posted:

You're welcome! Did you make it all the way through?

Oh, as I said before about your latest episode, I only made it to 11 mins. I'm jumping around your backlog and finished the bully episode when I posted that. Listening to anonymous confessions now.

I think the funniest thing about your podcast is that you have the soothing radio voice while reading some of the most horrible poo poo on the web. Love it.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I have a strange relationship to (Andy Daly's?) Huel Hauser. He was hilarious at first, and then he sorta got old for me, but now I realize the true, maniacal genius of the impression: he's created a distilled essence of the person, a character whose entire world view boils down to "If you give someone a microphone they will talk into it" and "California is full of gold, and it is fascinating!"

Whenever he delves into race relations its pretty hilarious too.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Strange Matter posted:

I have a strange relationship to (Andy Daly's?) Huel Hauser. He was hilarious at first, and then he sorta got old for me, but now I realize the true, maniacal genius of the impression: he's created a distilled essence of the person, a character whose entire world view boils down to "If you give someone a microphone they will talk into it" and "California is full of gold, and it is fascinating!"

Whenever he delves into race relations its pretty hilarious too.

That's James Adomian. A lot of us at the office started feeling this way about Huel Hauser, too. I still like hearing him sometimes though. :3:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I just got this comment posted on my Lou Reads blog:

quote:

I just thought you should know that I uploaded a torrent of i think all your podcasts. I don't feel too bad about it seeing as you probably make no money off this site anyway.

Link to a Demon related :filez: site

I wanted to upload it because I honestly think that what you read on this site is very important in terms of the study and self-awareness of the human race in its current form and organization. The extreme weirdness of the content read on this site is definitely a disturbing and historically significant indication of something or other.

Not really sure how to take that. I'm glad he doesn't fee bad about. I mean, I'm sure when he posts other torrents he is probably really torn by guilt. I guess its true I don't make any money off the podcast but at the same time its weird... I guess more people listening the better. I really like it if people read the blog, too because I try to write extra stupid but relavent junk on there.

NecronSchmecron posted:

I think the funniest thing about your podcast is that you have the soothing radio voice while reading some of the most horrible poo poo on the web. Love it.

Thanks!

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
How about instead of burping they do more impromptu beatbox jam sessions.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

NecronSchmecron posted:

That's James Adomian. A lot of us at the office started feeling this way about Huel Hauser, too. I still like hearing him sometimes though. :3:
I knew who Huell Howser was, but had never actually seen or heard him until I did some youtube research, and it's an excellent impression.

There's a great clip of him running defense with a border cop as a migrant sprints into the US.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

webster876 posted:

How about instead of burping they do more impromptu beatbox jam sessions.

I don't care if they're good at it or not (They did this once, didn't they?) I would laugh my rear end off.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Huell Howser will never get old for me ever. I grew up watching California Gold in school, so it really has a special place in my heart.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

NecronSchmecron posted:

I don't care if they're good at it or not (They did this once, didn't they?) I would laugh my rear end off.

IIRC, it was a reoccuring thing... I thought it happened at least three or four times.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I think I figured out the technical issue with my podcast - I upload the edited mp3 files to my podcast partner's me.com account, then he sends me a link, which I put in the blog posts. Apparently sometimes they are .mp3 links and other times they are just linking to a shortened URL like 'me.com/vquma' and iTunes doesn't like that, so nothing was showing up. So now I'm trying to get the actual mp3 links from the me.com server. This would have been avoided if we went with a real ftp server but hindsight, 20/20, etc.

King Lou posted:

I just got this comment posted on my Lou Reads blog:

Not really sure how to take that. I'm glad he doesn't fee bad about. I mean, I'm sure when he posts other torrents he is probably really torn by guilt. I guess its true I don't make any money off the podcast but at the same time its weird... I guess more people listening the better. I really like it if people read the blog, too because I try to write extra stupid but relavent junk on there.

That is weird, but if you're mentioning the blog/site in the episode then hopefully that'll encourage people to visit there.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

The_Rob posted:

Huell Howser will never get old for me ever. I grew up watching California Gold in school, so it really has a special place in my heart.
See, I'm from New England so I had no idea who Huel Hauser was. Loveline actually introduced me to him; there were a few clips from his show as drops (the most common one being "Now this is wonderful!"), and then later on Adam's morning show with Dana Gould. Gould actually does a pretty great impression of Huel and he and Adam had some bits that gave me stomach cramps from laughing too hard, but James Adomian's impression is a lot more complete and refined.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Strange Matter posted:

See, I'm from New England so I had no idea who Huel Hauser was. Loveline actually introduced me to him; there were a few clips from his show as drops (the most common one being "Now this is wonderful!"), and then later on Adam's morning show with Dana Gould. Gould actually does a pretty great impression of Huel and he and Adam had some bits that gave me stomach cramps from laughing too hard, but James Adomian's impression is a lot more complete and refined.

I actually like Dana Gould's a lot better. Adomian's is good but it strikes me as kind of one-note. Gould's introduces that element of creepy rapey-murdery-ness to his, and to me that's a lot funnier. v:shobon:v

edit: Missed this earlier:

Teepkick Shakur posted:

No actually thats not what he said.

Actually, he did, almost word-for-word, on more than one occasion. He even said it one in front of Lynn and Alex, and it was pretty clear that the room got a lot more uncomfortable after that. I'll try to find which one, but I guarantee you, he did use the retarded "Society needs to decide where it's going to draw the line!" argument.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 14, 2010

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

Sock The Great posted:

I tend to pick out certain episodes of CDR based on the guests/characters on that episode. My favorites being Cake Boss, Merryl Schindler, and Jesse Ventura.

Are there any non-Adomian/PFT episodes I should not miss?

episode 14 with superstars Zach Galifianakis, Andy Samberg, and Andy Daly is fantastic. All music by the lonely planet.

"Rag doll, schooby dooby dooby"
"He has to say 'BOOOOOOOOObecause I don't like it'"

"What TV show are you filming?"
"'Bored to Death'."
"Is that the story of this interview?"

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Oh my, Tonight's Best Show (still in play) has John Hodgman and Tom Scharpling getting blitzed on FourLoko and it is nothing less than amazing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Billy West was on The Nerdist yesterday. I enjoyed most of it, but the religion detour wasn't necessary or funny and I would rather have heard just a fifteen minute stream of impressions and funny voices from Billy, who I worship, even though he's impossible to interview because he can't stay on topic for more than a nanosecond. To Hardwick's credit he seems to be upping his interviewing skills - for all the good they did him this episode.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Wyld Cannon posted:

Isn't this Andy Dick and Bob Oedenkirk? They do the commercial and at the end give no information as to where the school is or how to contact them.

This is also one of my favorite editions of Would You Rather. "Is this game called, 'great question, this is how you play'"??

edit: I wrote that oddly, there is a girl there but I don't think it's Sarah Silverman

You're right. I wrote that without checking. Its Andy Dick, Oedenkirk and Chelsea Piretti. Listened to it again...still hilarious.

Majorian posted:

Billy West was on The Nerdist yesterday. I enjoyed most of it, but the religion detour wasn't necessary or funny and I would rather have heard just a fifteen minute stream of impressions and funny voices from Billy, who I worship, even though he's impossible to interview because he can't stay on topic for more than a nanosecond. To Hardwick's credit he seems to be upping his interviewing skills - for all the good they did him this episode.

I enjoyed every second of this interview more than last week's Bro-fest with that MMA guy. Holy poo poo was that guy horrible.

Brekelefuw fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 15, 2010

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I've been meaning to check out The Nerdist, it sounds interesting for sure.

And it looks like the problems with my iTunes feed are fixed, we transferred the MP3 files to a real FTP server and I updated links on the blog so Feedburner caught them. Now I just need to figure out how to make all the episodes show in the feed, instead of the latest 5.

Anyway, sharing time: iTunes link and RSS link, the main site is https://www.digitalporridge.net

The podcast is 30-35 minutes, roughly every week, it's about me (an American) and a friend (who's British) comparing cultures as well as stories, updates and things like that. We don't really do things like 'weird news' since there's so many other sites that cover that ground. I'm really happy with episode 8 particularly, I hope we can keep up the vibe, I think we're just hitting our stride.

I'd appreciate any posts, subscribers, feedback, etc.!

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Krushgroove, I just subscribed but it's giving me an error message when It starts to download.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu...

I just checked the episodes that are showing, I was able to play them all in iTunes, so maybe it's just taking a while to propogate? A friend in Texas had the same issue a couple hours ago but the iTunes link for the show is a itunes.apple.com/gb link...I'm not sure if that matters! but there are separate stores in the US and UK I think

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Yeah, I think they are a bit different. Be that as it may, I tried the usual deleting/unsubscribing/resubscribing thing and it didn't work. Not sure what else to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
You're uncleviable!

• Locked thread