Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

2011 STI with Stage 1 ECU flash and SPT catback exhaust. Will have downpipe and Stage II protune shortly. Debating on a fuel pump and EBCS as well.

It's my first non rear wheel drive car. Still getting used to accelerating before the apex. The DCCD is nuts, so much fun to find some gravel roads and throw it on lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
My Boss just picked up a 2010 STi a couple of weeks ago. You should photograph the ridiculous air intake. It's even larger in person.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

What trim levels of the 2011 Impreza, if any, have power folding mirrors? This is the only question I have. I just put 500 down on getting a 2011 Dark Metallic Grey Impreza 2.5i Sport Package (canada), I could not afford a WRX or the gas to put in it :(

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

predictive posted:

The code was P0741; time for a new torque converter (I'll probably just drive it until the shifting problems start)

If it still drives relatively well, it's probably the TCC solenoid, not the converter. Luckily, it just requires dropping the pan and maybe filter to replace it, and is way way cheaper than the converter. Bad news is that driving without it, especially at higher speeds like on the highway, generates a bunch more heat and is pretty bad for your poo poo. Replace it as soon as you can, seriously.

Otherwise, cool car. I like those wheels. Any idea what they're called?

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

Lowclock posted:

If it still drives relatively well, it's probably the TCC solenoid, not the converter. Luckily, it just requires dropping the pan and maybe filter to replace it, and is way way cheaper than the converter. Bad news is that driving without it, especially at higher speeds like on the highway, generates a bunch more heat and is pretty bad for your poo poo. Replace it as soon as you can, seriously.

Otherwise, cool car. I like those wheels. Any idea what they're called?

The solenoid was my first thought too, but several E39 forums have posts claiming that the ZF 5HP19 transmissions have a torque converter seal that is a common failure part. I'm going to try to find some hills on the highway to see if it locks up properly this week. I think the dealer can actually trip it at idle with their magic BMW box to see if it's bad, but you just know that's going to cost a ridiculous amount of money.

The wheels are BMW Style #42.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

predictive posted:

ZF 5HP19

You have a GM 5L40E. It's kind of common on them and cheap to fix if you catch it before it fucks everything up.

Thanks on the wheels.

winstor
Sep 20, 2009
My old BF2 XR6 Turbo

My current FG XR6 Turbo with some lovely Nismo LMGT4s

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

winstor posted:

My old BF2 XR6 Turbo

My current FG XR6 Turbo with some lovely Nismo LMGT4s

You made it inside the lines on the second one:bravo:

winstor
Sep 20, 2009
I did make it inside the lines of the second one, however it wasn't me in the first pic, thats how it was parked when I went to pick it up.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

winstor posted:

Nismo LMGT4s

Nissan wheels on a Ford?

winstor
Sep 20, 2009
Yeh why not? They are RAYS forged, a design I like and are one of the lighter 19" rims that are around, plus I got them for a steal at AU$1500, considering they are close to AU$4500 new.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

winstor posted:

I did make it inside the lines of the second one, however it wasn't me in the first pic, thats how it was parked when I went to pick it up.

Sorry for being a jerk :smith:
Nice cars.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer
I'm retarded/insane enough to drive/auto-x a Toyota Yaris. Complete suspension upgrade as well as some powertrain modifications. Next step would have to be forced induction.

The :wtf: look on people's faces as I drive makes it worth it.

And latest auto-x:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EIYWx1KsRA

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 13, 2010

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Podothehobbit posted:

I'm loving AWESOME enough to drive/auto-x a Toyota Yaris.

And latest auto-x:

Fixed that for you.

Great video, too, though it sounds like you've got a handful of parking money in a cupholder somewhere. How did you place overall in your class?

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips
Why would people give you strange looks for driving around in a small economy car?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Podothehobbit posted:

I'm retarded/insane enough to drive/auto-x a Toyota Yaris. Complete suspension upgrade as well as some powertrain modifications. Next step would have to be forced induction.

And latest auto-x:

I love that spoiler! You rule for x-ing a Yaris, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Podothehobbit posted:

And latest auto-x:

This is an awesome video. I wish we had stuff like this where I live, so I could take my retarded French car and go play.

I love how chunky the tyres look on those wheels. It totally suits the car, I think.
Also, what tyres are they?

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003

Messadiah posted:

What trim levels of the 2011 Impreza, if any, have power folding mirrors? This is the only question I have. I just put 500 down on getting a 2011 Dark Metallic Grey Impreza 2.5i Sport Package (canada), I could not afford a WRX or the gas to put in it :(

Don't get the baseline Impreza. Though it's a fun little car, the engine was meant to be mated with a turbo and a manual transmission. I bought a 2008, and as much as I enjoy loving the car (and have realized I adore driving AWD), I definitely want something with a smoother power band.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Just picked this up last night:

Its a Japanese import direct injection 3l with a five speed auto. I'm really enjoying it so far, it handles so much better than my old wagon and has plenty of power.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer

ExecuDork posted:

Fixed that for you.

Great video, too, though it sounds like you've got a handful of parking money in a cupholder somewhere. How did you place overall in your class?

A lot of change and a lot of keys! I placed 2nd overall in Novice, pretty happy and I would say i'm pretty addicted to auto-x now. I hold no illusions of being in the top 10 overall but I have been having a blast out there.

Hello Spaceman posted:

This is an awesome video. I wish we had stuff like this where I live, so I could take my retarded French car and go play.

I love how chunky the tyres look on those wheels. It totally suits the car, I think.
Also, what tyres are they?

Haha glad to get some positive responses! The tires are Yokohama S-Types, I love that 205-55-15s look thick on the car. Now I just need to get some R-Comps for the track!

And what retarded french car do you drive? If it's a small Renault or some equivalent consider me jealous!

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 15, 2010

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Podothehobbit posted:

And what retarded french car do you drive? If it's a small Renault or some equivalent consider me jealous!

I guess you'll be jealous then - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=73477

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer

Goddammit! That's an awesome little car, why can't we get something like that here in the States. We might be starting to get more small, sporty cars with the Fiat 500 and Suzuki Swift Sport but we'll see what kind of reception they get here.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Podothehobbit posted:

Goddammit! That's an awesome little car, why can't we get something like that here in the States. We might be starting to get more small, sporty cars with the Fiat 500 and Suzuki Swift Sport but we'll see what kind of reception they get here.

The 500 is fun, but I suspect the US market won't get a version with sport suspension settings. It's nippy and what not, but not something you'd chuck around - the Panda 100HP is way more suited to that. I still miss mine.

The Swift Sport I had on test was fantastically quick - perhaps even faster than my car - but its chassis was a bit of a letdown. The (Eagle F1) tyres did most of the work and there was no feeling in the steering for the first quarter turn of lock. It would load up nicely through a corner, but you have to work away at it to make the car do what you want. My car, on the other hand, wants to kill me with lift-off oversteer. It's a bit twitchy, most of the time.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Heh I thought the Swift Sport (my mothers car) is as slow as hell but had pretty good chassis feel. Thats compared to my fathers Fiesta ST which is considerably quicker but doesn't feel quite as good pushed really hard.

Guess its all a matter of perspective :)

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Podothehobbit posted:

And latest auto-x:

That is ridiculous!
Have you been doing autocross here long? You might have met some of my friends (old Z car drivers).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hello Spaceman posted:

The 500 is fun, but I suspect the US market won't get a version with sport suspension settings. It's nippy and what not, but not something you'd chuck around - the Panda 100HP is way more suited to that. I still miss mine.

Heck, I chuck my diesel Panda around with great gusto.

The body roll is amazingly entertaining once you realize it's just leaning but not actually going off course :)

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Heck, I chuck my diesel Panda around with great gusto.

The body roll is amazingly entertaining once you realize it's just leaning but not actually going off course :)

Small cars and roundabouts! :haw::hf::haw:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

z3bracak3 posted:

That's very kind of you; it's an 85. Would the el camino parts be from around that? I think '86 brought interior changes if I'm correct but I'm very interested.

Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to the thread.

From what I can tell, you should have the same dash as me. Post a picture of your interior and if it's the same then I've got a full dash cover, which replaces the whole thing, a full gauge cluster with clock I think, front struts, and a few other odds and ends. Oh yeah, and I've got the jack for it as well as two of the 14" OEM wheels with beauty rings.

Here's my old interior, which never got the dash cover installed:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
That is like the most fun-looking Yaris I have ever seen :3

Here's my new (to me) Gen 1 Cayman S at Streets of Willow:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
1 finger steering!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I bought a new car the other day! :dance:

I got rid of this, a VAST stage 3-

and picked up this thing, a Cactus Green B5 S4 Avant with a 6 speed transmission. It's supposedly 1 of 2 imported into the US. Needless to say, I'm stoked :xd:

I plan on doing some maintenance first (valve cover gaskets, cam seals, front rotors, ect) and then dropping it and putting the BBS CH's from the previous car on it. And eventually do downpipes and an exhaust.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Mah new baby! After driving Jeeps since I got my license all those years ago, this car is too much speedy fun. I will have to find some Auto-X around where I live.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

gently caress autox, find some RallyX!

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Picked this up today:

Click here for the full 537x720 image.

A little pony!

wkarma
Jul 16, 2010

azerdude32 posted:

and picked up this thing, a Cactus Green B5 S4 Avant with a 6 speed transmission. It's supposedly 1 of 2 imported into the US. Needless to say, I'm stoked :xd:

I plan on doing some maintenance first (valve cover gaskets, cam seals, front rotors, ect) and then dropping it and putting the BBS CH's from the previous car on it. And eventually do downpipes and an exhaust.

B5s rule. I've seen a few cactus green avants, not sure if they were 6MT or not though.

Mine's santorin :D

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

azerdude32 posted:

I'm pretty sure there are more than just 2 cactus S4 Avants with a manual, but that does not diminish how awesome it is. Did you buy it locally or hunt it down nationally? I ask because a guy on my local Audi forum has been looking for a decent cactus Avant for a while, but never pulls the trigger when they pop up. Always good to see more Audis here, Avants especially.

boondocksts
Sep 28, 2004
the blazing s4

wkarma posted:

B5s rule. I've seen a few cactus green avants, not sure if they were 6MT or not though.

Mine's santorin :D

Same color as mine, I don't have any pictures and its in pieces in the garage right now anyways :\
Have you noticed your paint being soft at all? It is on mine, and it definitely turned me off from getting another Audi with that color (not sure what they call it now).

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Cross-post from the Mustang Megathread

Got some new shots of my Shelby a couple of weeks ago. These were taken at night with a 15s exposure time, with my friend Tony (he also took the pictures) painting the car with light from his iPhone. I have these in gigantic if anyone wants them.

teh jhey
May 23, 2004

Kitty needs more souls.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

It's amazing when you can hear what a photograph would sound like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.

azerdude32 posted:

Thats fantastic, I hated loved my B5. I got a big soft spot for the B5 S4 Avant. Awesome find!