Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
So tomorrow we have a counseling appt that is mandatory before using a sperm donor, then once that's over all we have left to do is choose the donor and order up some vials the first business day of January. This time next month I might be actually doing inseminations with viable sperm! How neat.

I also got my bloodwork back in re: blood type and other infection statuses. I know now to pick out positive blood type donors so I can avoid shots and negative CMV donors so I don't catch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

There's no place like home.

Bahunter22 posted:

A little disappointing, my man isn't really feeling in the mood to have a funky kind of night. Really disappointing because I'm ovulating. Like now. Crossing my fingers he feels like it in the next 24 hours.

That kinda sucks. I totally get how robotic and unromantic it can get when trying to conceive, and having sex on a schedule. I get it, but you kind of just suck it up and do it. There's a very small window of opportunity every month, and even then only if you're lucky.

It's not like he has to smash his dick between two bricks to impregnate you - it's sex - there's much worse punishments for men.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

dishonesty posted:

That kinda sucks. I totally get how robotic and unromantic it can get when trying to conceive, and having sex on a schedule. I get it, but you kind of just suck it up and do it. There's a very small window of opportunity every month, and even then only if you're lucky.

It's not like he has to smash his dick between two bricks to impregnate you - it's sex - there's much worse punishments for men.

We're technically not "trying", more just seeing what happens. But we were supposed to have shifted into the "trying" phase this month and now its just kind of hanging out there. It will happen or it won't. We'll see.

Also,the last part of your comment made me lol. :-D

Good_Vs_Evil
Sep 12, 2006

dishonesty posted:

Hey..ow. :mad:

My wife and I had a bit of this as well. For about 4 months we tried. Then we started getting really serious. She read TCOYF, got ovulation test strips, took her temperature every morning, the whole nine. We even got pre-seed and made sure no saliva got in the way (as we heard it damages sperm). After 6 months of this it really did start becoming no fun for either of us. No saliva meant not much foreplay and sometimes the sex had to be right when I got home from work. I couldn't take care of business if I was by myself if I knew she was going to be ovulating soon, etc. Yeah I still stepped up to the plate because I really want a child, but it really drained so much from sex for both of us.

Now that she's been doing IUI it's been a non-stop sex fest.

"Wanna watch a movie?" :huh:
"Is it warm in here?" :huh:
"Hey, we're out of milk!" :huh:
"Do you know where my keys are?" :huh:
"Does this make my rear end look awesome?" :byodood:....:huh:

I think it's common to lose a lot of desire when it's scheduled and "must happen" and it does suck for both people and yeah he has to man up and do his duty, but I dunno...maybe cut him a bit more slack. There were times when the longer the sex went, the more self-inflicted pressure I felt that it wasn't going to happen that night and it needed to. This became a self-feeding monster and if it was one of those nights when it just wasn't going to happen, I felt horrible that we may miss a cycle because of me. This isn't the mindset you want your man to get into (even though, again, my wife put no pressure on me and was awesomely reassuring and supportive, but still -- the truth was still that I couldn't make it happen). That's a terrible feeling.

Good_Vs_Evil fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 17, 2010

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

I had the same problem with my husband before we started TCOYF. I started to feel real resentment when he just wasn't up to the task and it wasn't fun. It was very clinical and I'm sorry to say I started sounding a bit desperate. After we starte TCOYF, things became much more relaxed. We knew we had a target window and so it took the pressure off the rest of the month.

Okay, so I don't know what the gently caress. I've been getting mixed signals of pregnancy. So this morning, my husband wakes me up at the normal time to take my temperature. At that time, I'd been asleep for only about 2.5 hours (stayed up late). My temperature was 97.9, which is right at my coverline. I went back to sleep and when I woke up at 9, I'd been asleep for 3.5 hours. I took my temperature again and it was 98.4. Elevated.

Then I went to the bathroom and took a pregnancy test. Negative. When I wiped up, there was a very little bit of spotting. Very litte, but it was there. So okay, I'm starting my period. Suspected that. I go to work and at work, for shits and giggles I decide to check my cervix. It was high and soft, but there was a bit of blood up there. Again, spotting amounts. Nothing like having a period. So I check online about cervical position during menstration and almost everything says it should be low and hard just before and during menstration. Mine is so not. So I checked cervical position in early pregnancy. Now, this was more ambiguous as to time line, but it said that it would be high and soft, but closed. Like mine is. It's also engorged with blood so that could be the spotting. Now, they said that it could happen just before your period should start but wont, or a couple weeks after your missed period. Everyone is different.

So I just don't know. I don't know which temperature to take and note on my chart. I dont' know what to think of the PMS I've been having but my cervix is acting like pregnant. I DON'T KNOW. I'm really confused and I don't want to hope and be crushed again. PLEASE HELP IF YOU'VE EXPERIENCED ANYTHING SIMILAR I AM GOING CRAZY!

Sunday the 19th or Monday the 20th will be my 18th day past ovulation. I'm not sure on those days because my temperature shift was subtle at first. I suppose I'll know for sure by them. Wish me luck I guess.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.
So you're 16DPO? Have you tested? I read back but didn't see you specifically say you took a test yet.

Edit: I'm dumb, I just saw it. Sorry. To contribute I will just say I have heard of women who don't test positive for a loooong time. But I know that doesn't help right now and is probably just more frustrating to hear :( Hoping that you get a conclusion soon.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

I'm not pregnant.

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I'm not pregnant.

I'm sorry :sympathy:

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Grayscale Rainbow posted:

I'm sorry :sympathy:

Thanks. I'm really bummed, but my husbands been great and there's always next month. So...onward!

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I'm not pregnant.

Sorry to hear that, Bodnoirbabe :(

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I'm not pregnant.

I'm sorry. :(

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

I'm currently tracking the tempertures for my second cycle and I'm wondering something. Would changing the hour you check have a huge impact on the temperature you get if you are still getting 3 hours of sleep minimum before you check?

For example, last month, I checked my temperature at 5am. My average temp pre-ovulation was 97.6. This month, I'm checking my temp at 6am and my average temp is 98.0. happens to also be the average temp post-ovulation last month.

Both times, I get at least 3 hours of sleep before I take my temp.

Aside from the dip in my temperature last month the day before my period started, it's remained above 98 degrees. It hasn't gone down. But I did get my period. I got a really heavy one too, so I'm fairly certain this heightened temperature isn't because I'm pregnant.

Also, how is everyone else doing? This thread has been too quiet.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.
I normally take my temp at 7am each morning, but occasionally I'll fall back asleep and take it at 7:30 or 8 instead, and it's never made much of a difference in my chart. I'll even sometime get up at 6 or 6:30 to go to the bathroom before taking my temp at 7, but that doesn't seem to change anything either. One time I waited until 9:00, and it was a HUGE difference, like from my normal 96.8-ish to around 98. Two whole degrees in 2-3 hours.

We get to start trying in the next few months, and I'm excited :)

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Hmmm. OKay, we'll I'm going to keep plugging along and we'll see what happens post ovulation. Thanks and good luck in the next few months!

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

I've noticed a temp change when I find myself either overly warm or overly cold upon waking up. Like maybe at 6am, you're colder, so your body temp is a little higher to compensate? I have no idea if it works like that, though.

I shouldn't have run off my mouth about having a normal-length cycle last cycle though, because I'm now on Day 41 this time....blah. Then somehow, between last Thursday and Friday my thermometer disappeared from its shelf and I could NOT find it anywhere in the apartment, and I couldn't get to a store to buy a new one until yesterday, so I have a nice big gap in my charting...though since I'm fairly sure I didn't ovulate, I guess it's not too big of a deal. However, my old thermometer usually had me in a "normal" range of 97.7/.8/.9, while this morning, I was 97.6, so I wonder if that was just a fluke or if it'll have me in a lower range of temps. It's not a big deal as long as I see a temp spike when I ovulate, but it's going to make the rest of this month's chart look weird.

I think I'm starting to accept that There May Not Be A Baby Anytime Soon, instead of just being irrationally angry/jealous/sad whenever I see another baby. I still hesitate to make an OBGYN appointment though, partially because the medical center I go to only has an OBGYN branch downtown instead of the nice, close clinic near my apartment, and I HATE driving downtown--and also our insurance only pays for a single "infertility consultation appointment" once, ever, and are really adamant about NOT covering anything that MIGHT be fertility-related. I'm afraid that the moment I mention "baby" or "conceive" or even "ovulate," it's going to get billed as our infertility consultation appointment and then it's all out of pocket from there. I suppose I can try to get around that by just saying I've been having irregular cycles for over a year now, which is true, but then I obviously don't want the doctor to put me on birth control or something that would "help" my cycles but interfere with trying to conceive. Anyone else have any experience with something similar?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

We're not going to be trying at all until may/june. I'm working a full time job again and teaching one high school class a day in the mornings 4 days a week starting next week so I'm going to be extremely busy. I wouldn't be able to deal with going to doctor appointments or being sick. The good news is hopefully by that time I should have health insurance again. :dance:

LizaAbeja
Jul 3, 2007
If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down.
I think it's about time I jump on board this thread.

Hubby and I got married mid-May and have been "not not trying" since June. I had stopped bc in January since I wanted to give my body a chance to get back to normal after 13 years of hormone control, and then I waited until after the wedding and honeymoon to transfer me from Paxil to Zoloft.

My mom took almost 7 years to get prego her first time and my sister has been trying for quite a while without much luck, so I'm really nervous. In some ways, I hope my sister gets pregnant first since it will be heartbreaking for her little sister to get pregnant sooner than her. At the same time, I don't want to base our life around hers.

I tried the ovulation tests one of the first months, but I never got a reading. I have been charting my periods (26-33 day cycles) and I do seem to feel the pangs of ovulations around the right time with the change in mucus.

Because of Paxil, hubby and I went for almost 2 years in the beginning of our relationship without much of a sex life so we have been slow in getting back into the normal routine. This, of course, makes it that much harder when it's around the time of ovulation and we're not used to freaking like bunnies. This is going to be the first month of trying actively to conceive (not just seeing what happens), with sex every day during the expected week of ovulation. Crossing our fingers!

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

Welcome to the thread, LizaAbeja! Good luck :)

I had my pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative, so we'll be trying Clomid + IUI again this cycle. I wish getting negative after negative would make each one easier, but it really, really doesn't.

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young
So, the time has come for me and my partner to attempt to conceive (I'm the male party here!) and I've spent most of this morning reading this thread. It has made the whole prospect a whole lot more daunting, in terms of how complicated it could potentially be. In the UK, the teen pregnancy coverage kind of ingrains how utterly effortless the process is, and this thread and other resources are quite an eye opener (not that I was so naive to think it's really as easy as socket A into slot B for alot of people).

A friend of mine "knocked up" his wife simply because she was ill for a couple of days, thus making her well established routine of using the contraceptive pill for the best part of a decade inaffective.

My girl has been on the pill for 7 years, and I've heard it said that it can take a month per year of using the pill (microgynon in this case) to fully return to base fertility. Is there ANY truth in this? Is there any point in me getting excited about the prospect of her falling pregnant in the next few months? She has only come off them in the last couple of weeks, and we've been at it like rats over this period. She would be due on in the next 3 days.

I know some of those questions cannot possibly be accurately answered by ANYONE, but I guess I need to outpour my excitement/thoughts to others, as we are both keeping our happy intentions to ourselves for the time being.

Anyway, thanks :)

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

Captain Cancer posted:

So, the time has come for me and my partner to attempt to conceive (I'm the male party here!) and I've spent most of this morning reading this thread. It has made the whole prospect a whole lot more daunting, in terms of how complicated it could potentially be. In the UK, the teen pregnancy coverage kind of ingrains how utterly effortless the process is, and this thread and other resources are quite an eye opener (not that I was so naive to think it's really as easy as socket A into slot B for alot of people).

A friend of mine "knocked up" his wife simply because she was ill for a couple of days, thus making her well established routine of using the contraceptive pill for the best part of a decade inaffective.

My girl has been on the pill for 7 years, and I've heard it said that it can take a month per year of using the pill (microgynon in this case) to fully return to base fertility. Is there ANY truth in this? Is there any point in me getting excited about the prospect of her falling pregnant in the next few months? She has only come off them in the last couple of weeks, and we've been at it like rats over this period. She would be due on in the next 3 days.

I know some of those questions cannot possibly be accurately answered by ANYONE, but I guess I need to outpour my excitement/thoughts to others, as we are both keeping our happy intentions to ourselves for the time being.

It's odd, for some people it does seem to be effortless to get pregnant. For example, a friend/acquaintance of my husband's family, who is addicted to heroin I might add, just got pregnant with her fourth child accidentally (I'm almost %100 certain they were all accidents). Two members of my husband's extended family got pregnant by accident. Also, another family member of his got pregnant the first month trying for each of her children. My mom got pregnant with my older brother within three months of trying, and I was conceived in the first month of trying. Then there is my husband and me. We've been trying since September/October of last year and we've got nothing. There is no actual problem as far as they can tell (his sperm count is more than fine and I have no fertility issues), and yet we still are having trouble. So, don't let it be daunting yet :)

As far as being on the pill goes, I never heard the one month per year on the pill theory. What I learned was that it takes some women almost no time to regain normal cycles, but for others it can take a year (I never heard of it taking longer than that, but my knowledge is limited).

What I would advise is for your partner to start charting her cycles (Taking Charge of Your Fertility explains how to do this very well). This will tell her if she is ovulating and if so when the best window to have sex is.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Captain Cancer posted:

As hard as it is to do try and tell yourself and your wife that there's no possibility of getting pregnant in the first 6 months so that if she is someone that does return to full fertility straight away it will be a pleasant shock but if she doesn't every month won't feel so much like a failure.

It took me seven months to conceive after getting the implant removed and I know now that's relatively quick compared to how long some people but at the time it felt like a never ending cycle of trying, waiting, failing, crying, waiting.

Farrah
Jun 19, 2008

Banana Cat posted:

I still hesitate to make an OBGYN appointment though, partially because the medical center I go to only has an OBGYN branch downtown instead of the nice, close clinic near my apartment, and I HATE driving downtown--and also our insurance only pays for a single "infertility consultation appointment" once, ever, and are really adamant about NOT covering anything that MIGHT be fertility-related. I'm afraid that the moment I mention "baby" or "conceive" or even "ovulate," it's going to get billed as our infertility consultation appointment and then it's all out of pocket from there.

Wow. How worthless. When I did my infertility consultation the doctor went out of her way to write everything off as "irregular periods" including my HSG. I'm terrible at lying so when I had the HSG the doctors performing it were asking me questions and I answered truthfully (is your period regular? yes) but they thankfully went with the initial doctor's "irregular periods" excuse on the claims. A consultation alone isn't going to help you in any way. You need to be blood tested, HSG'd, sperm analyzed, etc. to get near a diagnosis and even then you can end up like me with "unexplained infertility."

Not sure if this will help you, but there are some options if you're uninsured. Pharm companies and fertility networks seem to do a lot of studies where you get most of the process done for free for your participation. You'll still have to pay for some stuff, but it seems like a good way to go. Also, fertility centers usually have alternative pricing for the uninsured and you can get some donated meds. Although I had $20K worth of infertility coverage, they didn't cover any fertility drugs. My clinic was sympathetic and gave me probably $3K worth of free drugs.

In another long shot, when I first got on the infertility treatment train, I found switching from PPO to HMO got me actual fertility treatment coverage. Don't know if this is an option for you and it's probably too late in the year to switch anyway. My company dropped the HMO plan for 2011 so I was super lucky to do all this in 2010. Also, FSAs are a good idea so you get your treatment pre-tax.

Lastly, move to a state that mandates fertility treatment: http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14391 :)

Good luck!

Farrah
Jun 19, 2008

I had my pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative, so we'll be trying Clomid + IUI again this cycle. I wish getting negative after negative would make each one easier, but it really, really doesn't.

No, it sucks. Sorry to hear about this. This will be your third cycle? How many follicles are you getting with Clomid? IUI seems like such a sure thing but I guess you can put sperm and egg in a room and they just won't talk to each other. I know even IVF can fail without going the extra mile with ICSI, where they actually use needles to fertilize the eggs with individual sperms.

Well, I hope you don't have to go that far and this cycle works for you.

I have some extra Menopur and progesterone I don't need that I'll be donating to my clinic this week, hoping to help out some other poor woman having to deal with this bullshit.

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

Farrah posted:

No, it sucks. Sorry to hear about this. This will be your third cycle? How many follicles are you getting with Clomid? IUI seems like such a sure thing but I guess you can put sperm and egg in a room and they just won't talk to each other. I know even IVF can fail without going the extra mile with ICSI, where they actually use needles to fertilize the eggs with individual sperms.

Well, I hope you don't have to go that far and this cycle works for you.

I have some extra Menopur and progesterone I don't need that I'll be donating to my clinic this week, hoping to help out some other poor woman having to deal with this bullshit.

It'll be our third cycle doing Clomid + IUI, we tried one cycle before using just Clomid, and it will be our 19th total cycle trying to get pregnant. They said after about six tries with IUI they'll check to make sure my husband's sperm aren't malformed for something, because although he has a good sperm count, they could be messed up in some other way.

Edit: I forgot to answer the follicle question. Each cycle I'm getting one good follicle and several smaller ones.

Grayscale Rainbow fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 29, 2010

Farrah
Jun 19, 2008

It'll be our third cycle doing Clomid + IUI, we tried one cycle before using just Clomid, and it will be our 19th total cycle trying to get pregnant. They said after about six tries with IUI they'll check to make sure my husband's sperm aren't malformed for something, because although he has a good sperm count, they could be messed up in some other way.

That seems kinda weird considering sperm analysis is significantly cheaper than a cycle of IUI. It also takes like one day instead of 6 months. The washing they do at IUI should help a lot but it still seems weird that they'd wait after 6 tries to rule something out like that. I guess they have a reason for it.

After six tries of IUI, I'd go for IVF. It's really expensive but if you're young and fertile, you'll only need to do it once and you should end up with a lot of extra blasts to freeze. Then for your additional pregnancies (if you want more), you just do FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) which doesn't have near the cost IVF does. You're also very likely to have twins with IVF, but not octomom-insanity with reduction decisions like with IUI+injectibles.

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

Farrah posted:

That seems kinda weird considering sperm analysis is significantly cheaper than a cycle of IUI. It also takes like one day instead of 6 months. The washing they do at IUI should help a lot but it still seems weird that they'd wait after 6 tries to rule something out like that. I guess they have a reason for it.

After six tries of IUI, I'd go for IVF. It's really expensive but if you're young and fertile, you'll only need to do it once and you should end up with a lot of extra blasts to freeze. Then for your additional pregnancies (if you want more), you just do FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) which doesn't have near the cost IVF does. You're also very likely to have twins with IVF, but not octomom-insanity with reduction decisions like with IUI+injectibles.

They didn't think it was a priority yet to check the viability of the sperm because my husband has a very good sperm count and they said when the sperm count is so good there rarely is an actual problem with the sperm.

We'll cross the IVF bridge when/if we come to it. I don't really know anything about IUI+injectibles, so I need to read up on that.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
I'm hoping for good spermin' action for you, Grayscale.

In other news, the hubby and I had a conversation in which it was revealed that he didn't really understand how things worked when trying to get pregnant. We had a discussion about wastin' fertility and how we can't expect to get pregnant if we're doing it all the time *outside* of the ovulation window. The sexin' kind of has to happen in the window. :aaaaa:

I admit, it may have been my fault, but in my defense, I know I've explained it before. I think the words just sounded like this to him though: "Blah blah blah sex blah blah alot blah blah blah do it blah blah blah now blah blah blah Disneyland."

Edit: And now we have officially entered into the "trying" phase. YIPPEE!!!! :dance:

Bahunter22 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 30, 2010

Good_Vs_Evil
Sep 12, 2006

Bahunter22 posted:

Edit: And now we have officially entered into the "trying" phase. YIPPEE!!!! :dance:

Or as we boys call it, "Disneyland".

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007

Captain Cancer posted:

It really does vary. I got pregnant 5 months after stopping the pill after almost 15 years; I conceived during my 3rd cycle using the fertility awareness method.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
It does totally depend. I got pregnant 6 or so months after stopping the pill, after having been on it for 12 years. In my case what helped was using ovulation strips to predict ovulation, and having sex during the peak of LH surge.

LizaAbeja
Jul 3, 2007
If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down.

Bahunter22 posted:

In other news, the hubby and I had a conversation in which it was revealed that he didn't really understand how things worked when trying to get pregnant. We had a discussion about wastin' fertility and how we can't expect to get pregnant if we're doing it all the time *outside* of the ovulation window. The sexin' kind of has to happen in the window. :aaaaa:

This happened to me, as well. Hubby's response: "How is it that there is such a small window? I don't believe it!" Argh! Seriously? I think he believes me now after "just seeing what happens" for the last 6 months. Finally this month we will actually try to get knocked up based on the science of it all.

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

Farrah posted:

Infertility insurance stuff

Thanks for those resources, but my husband and I ARE insured, and it's actually pretty good insurance that covers a lot--except infertility! My husband asked for a sperm analysis a couple of months ago, and at first his doctor said, "Oh yeah, you can just go to the lab downstairs to do it," but after a few minutes came back and said that the health center closed their sperm analysis lab a few months prior just because they really, REALLY, do not want to provide infertility services at all. I have no idea why. Perhaps if we go to a fertility clinic, though, and say that insurance doesn't cover anything, some nice person could help us with discounted stuff?

I DO have irregular periods--and the FAM charts to prove it--so I guess I'll just fly with that excuse for now. Maybe I'll get a nice OB/GYN who'll keep the "trying to conceive" thing under wraps, but I've mentioned in other posts that I keep running into doctors who shrug and say, "Well, you're young, you have lots of time to keep trying. You don't need to worry about having trouble now." I think that's also feeding my fear a bit--that I'll go to an OB/GYN who'll just shrug it off, even though we've been trying for well over a year now. Sometimes I feel like there's a conspiracy to keep me from getting pregnant!

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
How common are false positives on a Clearblue Easy Digital? I'm exactly 2 weeks after my positive ovulation tests and wondering if I should indulge my freak out and grab a bunch of random different tests.

Farrah
Jun 19, 2008

Aericina posted:

How common are false positives on a Clearblue Easy Digital? I'm exactly 2 weeks after my positive ovulation tests and wondering if I should indulge my freak out and grab a bunch of random different tests.

Congratulations, mama.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Aericina posted:

There is no such thing as a false positive, except if you're using things like fertility drugs. SO congrats! Indulge away!

On a more personal note...I have eggwhites! I've never gotten that before, like never ever, at least that I can ever remember. I told my husband and as soon as I get home from work, we're hitting the sheets! I'm so excited!

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.
Were you on BCP before you guys started trying? It took me several months after stopping BCP before I got the really fertile quality CF, and I think that's pretty normal. But either way, congrats :) Get to "baby dancing" :airquote:

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
I think I was freaking out about chemical pregnancy information. I'll wait to freak out more after a blood test from my doc. it's exciting but a weird feeling as well.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Congrats :)

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

Congrats Aericina! You are totally pregnant :)

Bodnoirbabe, I got eggwhites for the first time last cycle as well and I was more excited than I can remember!

:j: Honey honey let's hit the bed!
:confused: Huh? Why?
:j: I HAVE EGGWHITES COMING OUT OF MY VAGINA!
:confused: What????
:j: SEX!
:dance: Oh, okay!

Good luck!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Banana Cat posted:

Congrats Aericina! You are totally pregnant :)

Bodnoirbabe, I got eggwhites for the first time last cycle as well and I was more excited than I can remember!

:j: Honey honey let's hit the bed!
:confused: Huh? Why?
:j: I HAVE EGGWHITES COMING OUT OF MY VAGINA!
:confused: What????
:j: SEX!
:dance: Oh, okay!

Good luck!!!

Haha. Yeah, it was so weird to see, but thanks to the book I knew it meant to get busy.

Yawnie, yeah, I was on the pill for about 10 years before we started trying. I've been off them since April now.

• Locked thread