Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

xzoto1 posted:

I saw it awhile ago. What hell was the point of the daughter having sex with the neighbors? What did it have to do with the story?.

It led to the boyfriend looking at the phone which led to them finding what was buried which led to HOLY poo poo FLOATING FUTURE CORPSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
Haha.

I also saw La Horde. I love zombies as much as the next horror fan, and had been reading for a while various comments from people who thought the genre needed to be put to rest (pun not really intended) for a bit. After watching this movie I agreed. I wouldn't say it was bad, it was just... "meh."

Characters weren't all that interesting, the action/fight scenese had some kind of weird speed effect on them, and it just didn't add anything unique or horrifying to the zombie subgenre.

I watched Paranormal Activity again. I spent the entire movie wishing a swift death upon Micah because he was such a dickhead.

Cdishwalla
Dec 9, 2003
I'll Never Use it, REally!

Defleshed posted:

Well... the linked article uses a Bloody Disgusting article as its source and the BD article does not mention a PG13 being sought; although it says the Weinsteins are trying to market it to "teens"... which can still happen with an R rated movie.

The guy who wrote that linked article is a moron. There's zero mention of it aiming for a PG-13 in the BD article it's based on, which means he either heard that from an unnamed source or simply drew that conclusion and put it in the headline. The "aimed at teens" thing probably means that most of the cast will be teenagers, unlike the original which featured a mostly adult cast.

Also, writer/director team Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier (the My Bloody Valentine remake) have recently become attached to it, and knowing their work I doubt they'd sign on to a PG-13 Hellraiser.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

The Happy Rampager posted:

You might have better luck looking for Eden Lake, which is what Mouser was actually referring to.

Are you sure, because I watched Eden Log tonight and it was awesome. Kind of like...Minecraft meets Pandorum.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Skribblez posted:

Are there even anymore 80's horror movies that are viable for a rebooting? Will they have to start dipping into the 90's soon?

The Prophecy, Pumpkinhead, CHUD, Critters... uh... Silent Night, Deadly Night?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bonk posted:

The Prophecy, Pumpkinhead, CHUD, Critters... uh... Silent Night, Deadly Night?

"Pumpkinhead" might be neat, but I think everything that's left were stand-alone flicks like "Curtains" or "Happy Birthday To Me." They've drat near run the gauntlet of series..."Motel Hell" might be kind of neat.

"Child's Play" comes to mind, but that might need to wait a few years until "Bride of Chucky's" wise-cracking doll fades from pop culture consciousness. The first one creeped me out a bit. Played as a straight horror movie, it has potential in a few years, especially as toys get more advanced.

Along those lines, maybe, as a direct-to-DVD line, how about "Puppet Master?"

Yeah, I'm stretching with that one, but the first one has a spot in my heart...and a Jester doll on my bookshelf.

Edit - check that last one, apparently there's a new entry in the "Puppet Master" franchise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppet_Master:_Axis_of_Evil

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Child's Play is already being remade.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
It still has Brad Dourif as the voice of Chucky. So I think it could turn out pretty well. I'm certainly hopeful.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?
A remake of Silent Night, Deadly Night has been in the works for a while too.

toxick
Oct 20, 2008
A remake of Child's Play has potential to be awesome if they keep it serious and creepy and Dourif reprises his role.

There's something inherently creepy about lifelike dolls.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

StickySweater posted:

It still has Brad Dourif as the voice of Chucky. So I think it could turn out pretty well. I'm certainly hopeful.

I also believe it's keeping the original director.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Silent Night Deadly Night would be a hard one to do, probably need a total revamp. My biggest issue with the original is prettly much all the victims are pretty much introduced to and killed in the same scene.

Also any of you slinternet suvy folks know whats happening with http://www.dreadcentral.com/

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Strontosaurus posted:

Are you sure, because I watched Eden Log tonight and it was awesome. Kind of like...Minecraft meets Pandorum.

Correct, I recommended Eden Log.

Eden Lake was a different movie that I had not watched because it looks too similar to Funny Games to be appealing.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
With Scream 4 coming out I wonder if they will finally release and unrated copy of the first on Blu Ray.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Darko posted:

Well spit.

Hmm...you know what might work somewhat in this age of fading reality stars looking for their fifteen minutes?

A remake of "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"

Edit - a friend suggested "Something Wicked This Way Comes." You get del Toro to direct? gently caress yes.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 21, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I've been in touch with whoever mans the In Memorium myspace page and apparently very soon its going to get a streaming release. No info beyond the fact that on Halloween the first 16 minutes will be on the site.

I've been looking forward to it for a while now. Heres hoping it doesn't suck!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
New movie called "The Rite"; trailer up on Apple's site.

Watching the trailer & reading the description, it seems more along the lines of "priest who believes in demons hangs out with priest who doesn't" more than focusing on the actual exorcism(s). I'm a sucker for anything involving traditional "evil", so I'll probably watch it whether or not reviews end up warning me away from it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Having a bit of a brain fart, but can someone help me figure out a movie title?

It's a somewhat new movie, I don't think it's been released yet but I am not sure. It's a teenage slasher type movie. It involves this machine that lets you die/walk around as a spirit. From the trailer I get the idea that some kid whos paralyzed gets the ability to walk again and decides to kill everyone off so he can keep using the machine.

The machine is sort of like a steampunk coffin. Looks cool, and has moving parts and gears.

Supposed to be some sort of "hidden invention" that some guy in the 20s used for seances and whatnot.

Cannot find the movie trailer anywhere, and if it's been released I either want to find a copy or head to the theater to see it.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Darko posted:

Mmm, there's been talk about it, but nothing solid in a while. Doesn't seem like it'll be going ahead anytime soon.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I went to go see I Spit On Your Grave last night with a friend not having seen the trailer or really knowing anything about it...

...good lord that was awful. In the horrible, sad, disturbing, "oh poo poo" way.

The two dudes next to us were so freaked, they left shortly before the end of the film.

I haven't been that uncomfortable during a movie in...well, ever.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I finally saw Human Centipede last night, and it wasn't as gross as I've heard it made out to be. However, there was a movie trailer beforehand that looked interesting. Has anybody seen Doghouse? If so, what are your thoughts?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Kill Theory isn't a Sci Fi original either, it's from After Dark Horrorfest 4.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IMDB have a new horror show.
http://www.imdb.com/sections/horror/

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

jazz babies posted:

I went to go see I Spit On Your Grave last night with a friend not having seen the trailer or really knowing anything about it...

...good lord that was awful. In the horrible, sad, disturbing, "oh poo poo" way.

The two dudes next to us were so freaked, they left shortly before the end of the film.

I haven't been that uncomfortable during a movie in...well, ever.

Was I Spit on Your Grave being screened in your local multiplex or something? I didn't think even the remake got a wide enough release for people to go see it without having heard about it.

I'm kind of chuckling on the inside about walking into something like that without knowing what to expect. So many of us are forced to enjoy these films alone because most people think we're sick or perverted because we like these sorts of movies.

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
Do any of you guys ever go to horror cons? I haven't been to one myself, but I think that Horror Hound Weekend in Indianapolis next march will be my first. They're gonna have Argento, and I just can't pass up a chance to meet him.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CobiWann posted:

Along those lines, maybe, as a direct-to-DVD line, how about "Puppet Master?"

Yeah, I'm stretching with that one, but the first one has a spot in my heart...and a Jester doll on my bookshelf.

Edit - check that last one, apparently there's a new entry in the "Puppet Master" franchise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppet_Master:_Axis_of_Evil

It's technically late seventies, but I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Phantasm. I love the original, at one point Don Coscarelli himself supposedly had a reboot in the works with MGM or whoever owns it now but nothing happened. :(

Phantasm is probably one of the most imaginative horror flicks ever made, just because it doesn't try to shoehorn itself into a genre. It's probably the most Lovecraftian movie ever made too (even considering the movies actually based on Lovecraft's works) with the way it ends. I'd like to see a remake less because I think it needs it and more because even in today's horror genre I think there's still stuff to learn from it. It'd be more interesting than retreading every slasher flick.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After searching online for every god damned horror movie trailer out there, I finally found out the movie I was trying to remember.

Box of Shadows

Hasn't come out yet, but hopefully it will soon. looks nifty :)

Kieselguhr Kid
May 16, 2010

WHY USE ONE WORD WHEN SIX FUCKING PARAGRAPHS WILL DO?

(If this post doesn't passive-aggressively lash out at one of the women in Auspol please send the police to do a welfare check.)

Neo Rasa posted:

Phantasm :words:

I want Phantasm V :colbert:

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
There is a movie opening here soon and I might be going to a preview this weeked Called Rare Exports, anyone hear of it?

Frederik
Aug 9, 2008
Yeah, it's a Finnish movie about santa. Looks fun enough, I'd go see it. There's a trailer here:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/rare-exports/trailer

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

The Phantom Goat posted:

Do any of you guys ever go to horror cons? I haven't been to one myself, but I think that Horror Hound Weekend in Indianapolis next march will be my first. They're gonna have Argento, and I just can't pass up a chance to meet him.

I have been to a few, what did you want to know?

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

It feels so 80's or early 90's to be political.

Slasherfan posted:

There is a movie opening here soon and I might be going to a preview this weeked Called Rare Exports, anyone hear of it?

I saw it earlier this year, and it was really good. It's more of a dark kid's movie than a horror movie, though, so don't go in with false expectations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

FirstCongoWar posted:

I saw it earlier this year, and it was really good. It's more of a dark kid's movie than a horror movie, though, so don't go in with false expectations.

Really? It doesn't really have a kiddie friendly rating over here (Over 16s only).

eckoelab
Apr 7, 2005

we are chaos in motion
has anyone heard much about Livid from Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727516/

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22290
quote:
Inside directors Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo are finally in production on their follow-up horror project, Livid, which will star Marie-Claude Pietragalla, Catherine Jacob, Béatrice Dalle, Chloé Coulloud, Felix Moati, and Jeremy Kapone. The film will follow Lucy, a young nurse, and her friends Ben and William, who all plan to burgle the home of one of her patients - an old woman who has been in a coma for years; Legend has it that there's a fabulous treasure hidden there. What they find goes beyond... their worst nightmares. This morning we scored the first EVER image that channels a little girl's inner demon.

While I thought Inside was an intense ride for sure, I am not so sure how this film will follow up. It could go either way, though I have to say the premise isn't all that great. I guess I will hold my speculations until more movie stills are released

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow...

Just finished up Afterlife , and holy poo poo that is a creepy movie.

Liam neeson is badass in any role he plays, but god drat he is creepy as hell in this movie.

If you want to see Liam just being a creepy guy, or christini ricci's knockers for 80% of the film, check it out. Both are great :haw:

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Hah I just watched that last night! Where the hell did this movie come from, it completely slipped past the radar for me. You'd think Liam Neeson's name alone would have gotten it some more press.

I really liked the macabre tone of the movie, it was definitely different than anything I've seen recently. I wouldn't say it was a great movie though, there's a lot of stuff that just doesn't add up. How does he manage to drug her to the point where she can't feel anything, yet she's still able to walk around? A lot of the scenes seemed designed to gently caress with your head and make you question the reality of the situation, but it doesn't stay consistent. I'm generally really bad about spotting plot holes in movies, but this was blatant enough to put me off a bit.

Liam Neeson is fantastic though. Also Christina Ricci definitely isn't afraid to do nude scenes, drat I love that woman.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

The Phantom Goat posted:

I don't care about autographs but I saw a guy get an autograph from Argento once and what he did was get Argento to sign a pair of black leather gloves with a silver sharpie. He even posed with him for a photograph wearing the gloves too. Much better than an 8x10 I think.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The Phantom Goat posted:

I went to Horror Hound Weekend in Cincinnati last month. It was my first horror con. It was pretty small but had some great guests. If you're going for autographs bring at least $20-$30 per person and some kind of case/backpack to hold them in. Argento might be more. Malcolm McDowell charged $30 and Linda Blair was $40 I think (dunno, she didn't show up on time). Don't expect to spend more than an hour or two unless you plan on going to a panel or movie screenings.

I thought it was cool that you could go up and talk to actors without having to wait in any lines, or buy anything from them really, except for the major guests.

If you're interested in buying poo poo go on the last day for the 'I don't want to haul this poo poo back home' sales! Also don't expect any free swag like at comic conventions. None of the booths had anything like that.

Boinks fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 7, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching Paranormal Entity, and damned if it's not actually better than the first Paranormal Activity (and a damned sight better than the second one).

Kinda rare for one of those ultra low budget flicks to be decent, but so far so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
The world needs a BASKET CASE remake.