Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

U MAD posted:

wife's coworker has, uh, can't remember the name, but it's a cancer of the lining of the lungs caused by exposure to asbestos

mesothelioma

its nasty nasty nasty poo poo and one of the things that's killing 911 first responders that cant get medical care because of republican blockage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

my moms had progressively degenerative ms or whatever and i basically watched her go from being able to walk to using a cane to using a walker to being stuck in a wheelchair to being bedridden with a feeding tube over 10 years and like it kind of blows??

then again she was super-crazy partially from the ms and didn't believe in anything other than the healing power of jesus and prayer and poo poo

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

Mozzie posted:

This is a pretty cat

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

Trig Discipline posted:

Serious Post: putting one of my cats and my dog down when they were very ill made me very upset that we don't have the option to do that for people on a voluntary basis. I've had a few relatives that suffered quite a bit before they died, and seeing my beloved pets go peacefully and with more dignity than my family members were allowed to have just seemed very wrong - not that the pets don't deserve a peaceful exit, but ffs the people deserve it too. I don't know if you've had to put a pet down before, but it's remarkably fast and peaceful. If I'm ever deathly ill, I hope my family glues a bunch of dryer lint to me and takes me to the vet instead of the hospital because that's the way I want to go.

yeah we need centers like in Soylent green (just don't turn the dead into triscuits after), and housecall types like Kevorkian

we'd have these things if religion didn't have such a backwards hold on the population

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

i have all the religion i need right here *unsheaths two feet of cold hattori hanzo steel*

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jorsh posted:

i have all the religion i need right here *points to dilz*

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the only hattori hanzo i care about :

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

My cattes have developed their own method for dealing with the snow

Those are some good looking cats

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

PipeRifle posted:

All our cats are waiting for us in heaven along with all of our CRT monitors; it's in the bible

actually the bible pretty much says animals don't go to heaven, sorry

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

krylex posted:

mesothelioma

its nasty nasty nasty poo poo and one of the things that's killing 911 first responders that cant get medical care because of republican blockage

yeah in this particular case it was like 1980 and the (public sector) company she worked for decided to replace the asbestos in the building without evacuating the workers so they would come in each morning to a fine cloud of asbestos dust in the air and on their desks

there's no class action lawsuit or anything yet, probly because she's only 50 and the first one to get hit

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.
If you pay $100 to have your animal put down I pity you. Kill it yourself.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

If your argument against that is "I dont want to kill my animal!" You're putting a hit out on it when you have someone else do it, it's the same thing.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

"my cat had stomach cancer. after a while, she was really suffering, so I had her whacked."

madprocess
Sep 23, 2004

by Ozmaugh

Neu posted:

If your argument against that is "I dont want to kill my animal!" You're putting a hit out on it when you have someone else do it, it's the same thing.

unlike you we don't keep stockpiles of animal drugs around.

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
tbh you could just get a rubbermaid and some nitrogen gas or something, would be painless for the cat, as hypoxia is one of the most painless ways to die.

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.
what kind of vet charges to put you pet down

madprocess
Sep 23, 2004

by Ozmaugh

Mozzie posted:

tbh you could just get a rubbermaid and some nitrogen gas or something, would be painless for the cat, as hypoxia is one of the most painless ways to die.

man where am i gonna buy nitrogen gas and a working delivery system to gas a cat in a box.

can't i just put it in a box and assume its dead

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007

unleash the unicorn posted:

what kind of vet charges to put you pet down

all of them.

In fact the vet that cost 550 was quoting 220 for using anaesthesia. Since my cat might still have a season left in her we are likely going to go somewhere else, currently her problems are she has a giant liver (double in size) and fluid in her lungs, so she might develop breathing problems soon.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

madprocess posted:

man where am i gonna buy nitrogen gas and a working delivery system to gas a cat in a box.

can't i just put it in a box and assume its dead

line for shroedingers cat jokes forms here -->

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

rotor posted:

line for shroedingers cat jokes forms here -->

loving schrodinger

every time i talk to senior management about probabilities some doufus pipes up about schrodinger with some quip illustrating how he totally missed the point and the analogues of it

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mozzie posted:

Thanks to you, I needed to wipe the soda sprayed all over my screen, desk, work, etc. It's been several weeks since that happened...

Well worth it.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

that cosplay thread posted:

I'm pretty sure that boner robin is a goon. He used to hang out in the AI and webmasters chatrooms and talk about his website, cosplaydeviants.com. He used the name deviant on IRC but I don't know what name he used on the forums.
Anyways he was talking about his website, then someone accused him of being boner robin, and linked a few pictures of his back to the website. Then he dissapeared and was never heard of again.
Not definitive proof, but it was fun at the time.

lol deviant is this guy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Gentle Autist posted:

lol deviant is this guy

:stare:

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

madprocess posted:

unlike you we don't keep stockpiles of animal drugs around.

It's a simple gunshot behind the ear, or you can just stomp on it's head. It's super fast and nearly painless. Break the animals neck too, but there's a chance it'll be paralyzed instead of dead.

also every man should be able to kill an animal.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Gentle Autist posted:

lol deviant is this guy

rest of series plz

madprocess
Sep 23, 2004

by Ozmaugh

Neu posted:

It's a simple gunshot behind the ear, or you can just stomp on it's head. It's super fast and nearly painless. Break the animals neck too, but there's a chance it'll be paralyzed instead of dead.

also every man should be able to kill an animal.

i dont want my stompin boots getting dirty tho

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my grandad used to just kill cats that needed putting down by either slitting their throat with his sharp rear end carving knife or breakign their neck with his hands

also he used to neuter dogs and cats by putting the their head in a gumboot and cutting off their nuts with his pocket knife

the greatest generation :allears:

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

rotor posted:

:stare:

yea he obviously got tired of dudes hitting on his GIRLFRIEND so he thought he'd make it obvious why she is HIS girlfriend

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Aren't there regulations of disposing of animal corpses?

I mean I know it might just be wanton sentimentalism but some people might not want to kill their own cat and chuck it in the dumpster

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

somebody post the video where they advertise this awesome new technique of twisting a horse's nuts off

you know the one, it makes you scream in agony just from watching

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

PipeRifle posted:

I mean I know it might just be wanton sentimentalism but some people might not want to kill their own cat and chuck it in the dumpster

Where i'm from there really isn't.

You just can't dump bodies, that's a HUGE no no. You can bury them on your property if you own it. Just make sure it's at least 3 or 4 feet down.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PipeRifle posted:

I think it was forums member Darth Versache who years ago mummified her pet rat after it kicked the bucket. It was a p. good thread.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lord Rumples Catte posted:

doufus

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

catte balls

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

mrbucket posted:

my first catte developed FIP and i had to put her down on 2 april 2007. :smith:

but, they gave me a clay pawprint and i superglued her collar to it. :unsmith:

I have one of these paw impressions as well :unsmith:

here's my childhood catte chilling with the guinea pig:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rotor posted:

the only hattori hanzo i care about :

:hfive:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

I have one of these paw impressions as well :unsmith:

here's my childhood catte chilling with the guinea pig:

HOLY CRAP

just LOOK at all that imitation wood tone

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

z0ratio sexhaver posted:

yeah we need centers like in Soylent green (just don't turn the dead into triscuits after), and housecall types like Kevorkian

we'd have these things if religion didn't have such a backwards hold on the population

this is what goons actually believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

El Jackalope posted:

I think it was forums member Darth Versache who years ago mummified her pet rat after it kicked the bucket. It was a p. good thread.

It was her, and that thread was awesome. Someone with more time on their hands should dig through archives and link it.