Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

But Sniper Elite? That game is in no way bad. Crank that poo poo up to Realistic and enjoy the finest sniper sim ever. :colbert:

Quiet, you! I'm trying to bag the game by latching onto the GOG community's labeling it as terrible.

please brer bear, don't throw this briar patch of a game at me, especially not at * at * dot com.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I was thinking about getting one of the Creatures games...

Are they all good and I should get them all or does one game outshine the rest and basically makes them obsolete?

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
I just can't get enough bad games.

Harry.Joe.420@gmail.com it already gets enough spam I don't care if I get more.

Also a Quasipox is a small form of North African rodent that can chew through tin in a matter of minutes. They are well known for developing a taste for human blood, specifically the blood of small children and babies, though that's likely because the blood is just easier to get to the younger they are.

Every year in many rural villages across North Africa there is the great Quasipox hunt (september ninth, the most active time for the Quasipox) as all the able bodied males gather any weapons they can find and rampage across the countryside, killing every rodent they can find and digging up huge areas of ground in order to root them out. Every year at least a dozen men die during the hunt, sometimes as many as fifty and every year the Quasipox returns, returns to feast on the delicious flesh of those north african babies.

I'll take the Master of Orion 1+2 pack if I'm picked.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

doctorfrog posted:

Quiet, you! I'm trying to bag the game by latching onto the GOG community's labeling it as terrible.

Sniper Elite is a horrid little game and I pity whoever has that abortion of a game gifted to his or her account. Especially when the giftee is a Frog Doctor of sorts. (you're welcome ;))

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

prinnys at googlemail.com
(I already have blood 2, how much worse could any other game be?)

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Let it be known that I stand by my word. Seriously entertaining stuff goons; I'm good for a few more giveaways. All I ask is for something humorous (doesn't even have to be about me; use other posters if you wish) for us to enjoy.

Man, I feel like Oprah in this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Mq33kU_Rc&t=0m35s

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 19, 2010

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Quasipox is a mysterious illness that occasionally afflicts artificial intelligences. The primary symptoms are moroseness and a general sense of impending doom. Extreme cases of quasipox can render an AI incapable of performing it's functions. No physical causes of the illness has been found yet. Scientists theorize that it is caused by the AI's inability to cope with the accumulation of negative life experiences. The only known method of treating quasipox is a complete memory wipe.

thlu99 (at) yahoo (dot) com
I'd always wanted to play Riven.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Got my Blood II code in the mail, can confirm that as ominous as Quasipox may be, he's a pretty cool guy.

Also picked up the MegaRace games for the FMVs and Another World. Don't know when/if I'll ever play these, especially since we got Tyrian free. Never heard of it before but with music composed by Alexander Brandon it has to be good by default.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Everyone should buy Real Myst. It's all the awesome of Myst, but actually playable.

Edit: Downloading Icewind Dale over my tethered phone is going to take a bit :haw:

The General fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 19, 2010

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play

Quasipox posted:

Just...amazing. BLOOD II it is!

Man-In-Madden and Brace, is there anything specifically you'd like, or would you like a suprise of badness?

Surprise me!

whoops, almost forgot: jjpepper16 at gmail.com

Man-In-Madden fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 19, 2010

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Quasipox posted:

Let it be known that I stand by my word. Seriously entertaining stuff goons; I'm good for a few more giveaways. All I ask is for something humorous (doesn't even have to be about me; use other posters if you wish) for us to enjoy.

Man, I feel like Oprah in this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Mq33kU_Rc&t=0m35s

Woo hoo! Thanks for the Sniper Elite, Quasipox!

This is stirring the philanthropod in me: I am thinking of a number between one and three. First three forum posters to guess it gets a three dollar game of their choice.

The number is three.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

doctorfrog posted:

Woo hoo! Thanks for the Sniper Elite, Quasipox!

This is stirring the philanthropod in me: I am thinking of a number between one and three. First three forum posters to guess it gets a three dollar game of their choice.

The number is three.

Is it three?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

It's 2, right? I'm sure it's 2. Ok, 3.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

The number is three.

I'm guessing it's the bolded number right there. Three.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

That didn't take long.

Flashduck, Red Dragon, The General: emails and three dollar game choices?

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

flashduck at gmail, Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich.

Thanks!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

doctorfrog posted:

That didn't take long.

:neckbeard: Sweet, could I have Divine Divinity? steamred.dragon [at] yahoo.co.uk

Thank you very much!

e: Got it, thanks again, you're awesome.

tight aspirations fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 19, 2010

The General
Mar 4, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

That didn't take long.

Horsepool@gmail.com and I have no idea, just signed up for GoG, and didn't have a chance to look before I went to work. So, please pick something you like :) plus you rule. Thanks!

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
I guess... four?

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Goddammit.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Someone has been reading my post history :iamafag: pinball owns! Thanks once again!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Codes sent! Enjoy your games!

We live in a golden time, boys. Spread it around!

FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma

ToxicFrog posted:

Why do this in excel rather than in a mapping/diagramming tool like Dia (or whatever the windows equivalent is)?

I will :) Thank you very much

The General
Mar 4, 2007

What games are you guys playing that need manual mapping? Hook me up!

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
GoldenNugget at trioptimum dot com

I'll take blood 2...

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
gently caress yeah, Sniper Elite up in here! Thanks for the code quasi!

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Oh my god, I got a free Kingpin from Quasipox. Thank you for making my day and have a merry christmas! :cool:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Zat posted:

Oh my god, I got a free Kingpin from Quasipox. Thank you for making my day and have a merry christmas! :cool:

You know I've always wanted to try that game but could never bite the bullet and buy it. Trip report please.

EDIT: That and Redneck Rampage. Seriously, why aren't these two on sale :(

da 2pacolypse
Sep 21, 2005

analofficer
Thank you for Simon the Sorcerer 3D Quasipox, this might be the best game on GOG!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I'm curious, but not enough to look through the Steam thread: has Steam dropped the bomb on their December sale yet, or are they waiting until the last minute/week to do so? (Or was Thanksgiving it?)

The General
Mar 4, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

I'm curious, but not enough to look through the Steam thread: has Steam dropped the bomb on their December sale yet, or are they waiting until the last minute/week to do so? (Or was Thanksgiving it?)

Starts tomorrow from what I was told. Ends on the third.

Edit: I'm starting an Icewind Dale game. Normal difficulty, but I'm just going to accept the stats as they lie, and try really hard (this will last a dungeon or two) not to reload, but to just add new characters as I need them. This will probably be the end of me if I manage not to reload to much.

The General fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 19, 2010

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I just picked up Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, and Neverwinter Nights for $21 :hellyea:

Also, (a little off topic) has anyone heard anything about that moddb digital distribution service since their initial announcement?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Kalit posted:

I just picked up Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, and Neverwinter Nights for $21 :hellyea:

Also, (a little off topic) has anyone heard anything about that moddb digital distribution service since their initial announcement?

Seems to be up and running... the humble bundle 2 games register on it. Allegedly. More than that I can't tell you, but it looks very Steam-y.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Boondock Saint posted:

You know I've always wanted to try that game but could never bite the bullet and buy it. Trip report please.

EDIT: That and Redneck Rampage. Seriously, why aren't these two on sale :(

Give me your email and I'll send you one of those games (whichever you want).

I second the trip report idea; maybe include some screenshots and general impressions. I'm curious how some of my "gifts" are.

To change it up, if you would like a game, I want to see your best MSPaint/Photoshop of the cover. I think that would be fun.

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 19, 2010

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Quasipox posted:

I second the trip report idea; maybe include some screenshots and general impressions. I'm curious how some of my "gifts" are.

Sounds like a larf. I'm going to fire up Sniper Elite today/tonight and post a trip report.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Quasipox posted:

Nice, thanks dude! I'll post some impressions of Kingpin tonight!

Whodares at gmail.com

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Boondock Saint posted:

Nice, thanks dude! I'll post some impressions of Kingpin tonight!

Whodares at gmail.com

I'll save you the trouble: it sucks.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Haha, Quasibox actually sent me Riven. Thanks, man. I was expecting Blood II or something.

I bought Redneck Rampage and MDK2 from GOG last year because I had fond memories of playing the demos that came with the CGW magazines. Unfortunately, some of these older action games haven't aged well. :(

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play

Quasipox posted:

To change it up, if you would like a game, I want to see your best MSPaint/Photoshop of the cover. I think that would be fun.

Just got your Ghostmaster gift! Haven't tried it before but I'm gonna give it a spin. Thanks dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wow, Quasipox is a pretty cool dude.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 20, 2010