Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Wow, Quasibox is a pretty cool dude.

I guess you get the Quasipox from the Quasibox. Well if I ever need a new tag, I gues that'll work.

I'm going to do 3 more giveaways, so just MSPaint/Photoshop your wanted game cover and I'll get it to you. I might do some more this Friday, seeing as the sale goes for 16 more days.

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Wow, Quasibox is a pretty cool dude.

He's the coolest dude :swoon:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm totally awesome at this photoshop thing.

justivo at gmail.com if you think that was worth anything.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

See, Obama knows what's important in life. Thanks, man. You're awesome.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Trip report: Kingpin refuses to launch. gently caress.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Not to get in the way of all the holiday giving, but I had a question about MoO.

Basically, it looks like a sweet game, but I am horrible at it. Can someone give me a first 25 turn idea of what I'm supposed to be doing? I just got the news report and I'm in last place. So far, I've colonized two other planets, made a couple of fighters, found some planet where a "Guardian" blew the hell out of a scout...I guess I'm not sure how to read the tech screens and what not.

For instance, I wanted to research better ship weapons, so I put some points into that, but ended up researching hand lasers instead. I did browse the manual, but it's over 100 pages, so I'm thinking someone can give me some better hints on what I should be doing.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Boondock Saint posted:

Trip report: Kingpin refuses to launch. gently caress.

I got it to work by fiddling with Nhancer:
http://www.nhancer.com/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

zombieman posted:

I got it to work by fiddling with Nhancer:
http://www.nhancer.com/

Yeah I saw that fix, unfortunately I have an ATI card. Thanks though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quasipox posted:

I'm going to do 3 more giveaways, so just MSPaint/Photoshop your wanted game cover and I'll get it to you. I might do some more this Friday, seeing as the sale goes for 16 more days.

Didn't really come out how I envisioned it, but, alas, I can only keep on fooling myself that I'll do fine on the finals without studying for so many hours.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

jakub89 at gmail if you like it.

e: Plus (I think?) I totally misunderstood what you were asking for. I made an alternate cover as opposed to photoshopping the original. :downs:

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 20, 2010

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Quasipox posted:

I guess you get the Quasipox from the Quasibox. Well if I ever need a new tag, I gues that'll work.

I kept making it worse and worse and I couldn't undo anymore :(

If it's good enough (don't worry, I won't hold it against you if it isn't): kickthebaby.nl_at_gmail_dot_com

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I kept making it worse and worse and I couldn't undo anymore :(

If it's good enough (don't worry, I won't hold it against you if it isn't): kickthebaby.nl_at_gmail_dot_com

If I could figure what that was out, I would totally send it to you. As it is, I got nothing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
^^^^^(I'm guessing Unreal Tournament?)

Quasipox, thanks a tonne!

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
That's obviously Unreal Tournament, you artless philistine!

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Quasipox posted:

Just...amazing. BLOOD II it is!

Man-In-Madden and Brace, is there anything specifically you'd like, or would you like a suprise of badness?

What's the $ limit and what kind of poo poo games can I choose from?

braceyaself@gmail.com

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I was thinking it was one of the towers you build in Citizen Kabuto, but it's been years since I've played it. (Give him Kabuto instead of Unreal, hee hee.)

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

I've already benefited from Quasipox's generosity, so feel free to skip this request. I just wanted to make this.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That owns.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Fishmonkey posted:

That's obviously Unreal Tournament, you artless philistine!

That was my first guess. Didn't want to gift the wrong game. Better safe than sorry.

Brace posted:

What's the $ limit and what kind of poo poo games can I choose from?

Let's make it fun. Pick a number between 1 and 10 (I have a list of games numbered) and then show the class what you got.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Quasipox posted:

That was my first guess. Didn't want to gift the wrong game. Better safe than sorry.

Let's make it fun. Pick a number between 1 and 10 (I have a list of games numbered) and then show the class what you got.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gonna repost my question,

Which creatures game should I get? The first creatures is best rated(by half a star), but I figure the third game will have the most 'refined' gameplay and bugfixes. Or should I go with the trilogy rule that the 2nd installment is usually the best.

Please help me spend my money wisely :qq:

edit: goddamnit

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 20, 2010

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
Ok, Quasipox is amazing and he's tugged on my heartstrings and made me decide to join the fun.

I have five GoG games to give away and all I require are willing subjects.

Simply MsPaint/Photoshop something from the game you want that is somehow teleported into real life. It can be Duke using his Mighty Boot on your boss or it could be shock-comboing a deer.

Lacking inspiration for the above? Try for the consolation prize of drawing what the heck a "Shalcar" looks like anyway! Consolation prize to be determined by levels of awesomosity.

Hint: Let me know what the heck I am looking at in a spoiler =p

Edit: The winners so far! (In no particular order)

1: Clockwork Cupcake - Baldur's Gate 1
2: Fishmonkey - Planescape Torment
3: doctorfrog - Gothic
4: ToxicFrog - Perimeter
5: Elproducto - Blood 2

Consolation: Not won yet!

shalcar fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 23, 2010

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

shalcar posted:

Ok, Quasipox is amazing and he's tugged on my heartstrings and made me decide to join the fun.

Simply MsPaint/Photoshop something from the game you want that is somehow teleported into real life. It can be Duke using his Mighty Boot on your boss or it could be shock-comboing a deer.

Lacking inspiration for the above? Try for the consolation prize of drawing what the heck a "Shalcar" looks like anyway! Consolation prize to be determined by levels of awesomosity.

Hint: Let me know what the heck I am looking at in a spoiler =p

I'll do a picture and a little description

braceyaself@gmail.com

A shalcar is an ugly, sort of reptilian creature that lives within the canopy of the amazon jungles. they have amazing jumping ability and feed on birds.

Gothic 2 if you're allowing anyone to choose.

Brace fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 20, 2010

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low

shalcar posted:

Willing and possibly able.

tonygxp@gmail.com

My brother has gotten his hands on a voodoo doll from Blood 2, oh no!

If you pick me, thanks dude!

ElProducto fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 20, 2010

Syncope
May 7, 2007
Why did I make this?

I'm driving the Foodship9 from Tyrian. It rules, I loved the secrets in that game

Enclave looks like it'd be fun...rune13 at yahoo.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Gonna repost my question,

Which creatures game should I get? The first creatures is best rated(by half a star), but I figure the third game will have the most 'refined' gameplay and bugfixes. Or should I go with the trilogy rule that the 2nd installment is usually the best.

Please help me spend my money wisely :qq:

edit: goddamnit

I played them for a few years when I was a kid, and from what I remember the first game is simple but kind of charming in a weird brownish way. The second one has the worst AI hands-down, creatures will literally walk into walls until they die unless you download less idiotic ones. The third game is a little smoother and easier to play, and it adds some nice features, but it loses some of the ambiance of the first two. I'd recommend the third one since it's smoother and I think people are still making stuff for it. They're all pretty good though.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

shalcar posted:

The magical barrier in Gothic.

Full disclosure: I have already "won" a game in this thread (though I've given away three cheapies myself ITT, and two others to friends outside of SA).

Still want another game though :) (* at *)

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 23, 2010

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

I played them for a few years when I was a kid, and from what I remember the first game is simple but kind of charming in a weird brownish way. The second one has the worst AI hands-down, creatures will literally walk into walls until they die unless you download less idiotic ones. The third game is a little smoother and easier to play, and it adds some nice features, but it loses some of the ambiance of the first two. I'd recommend the third one since it's smoother and I think people are still making stuff for it. They're all pretty good though.
Thanks for the input, I was afraid no one was gonna see my post again :ohdear:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Quasipox posted:

Thank you so much Quasipox :) It's been such a long time since I've played this...

Merry Christmas and stuff but mostly thanks!

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

A miniature giant space hamster visiting his larger brethren.

This is only barely related to Baldur's Gate but I've never actually played the game.

drakise at yahoo.com, if I get lucky.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'll do a trip report of my game if I can find a spare mouse to use with my laptop.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

shalcar posted:

Simply MsPaint/Photoshop something from the game you want that is somehow teleported into real life.

Dude from Planescape Torment finds a job.

thlu99 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This is probably the worst thing I've ever made:

Postal 2!

Convex111 (at) gmail (dot) com

Convex fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 20, 2010

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Anybody who's played the Tex Murphy games, easy question. Can you die/get yourself into an unwinnable position in them? I just started Under a Killing Moon, and really I just want to know whether I need to worry about keeping a lot of saves in case I gently caress up.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Ok I'm kinda pissed...just spent about an hour signing up for, installing and downloading Baldurs Gate 2.

Everything went fine, I boot it up and get to the character creation screen and I can make the character just fine until it comes time to input a "name". The input box for the name stays blank no matter how much I try to click or just type away.

Ive tried tabbing and clicking and just typing and theres no option for a randomnly generated name....

I cant create a character without naming it and it wont let me proceed so I'm basiacally stuck and like I said, kind of pissed off. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Nosaj posted:

Ok I'm kinda pissed...just spent about an hour signing up for, installing and downloading Baldurs Gate 2.

Everything went fine, I boot it up and get to the character creation screen and I can make the character just fine until it comes time to input a "name". The input box for the name stays blank no matter how much I try to click or just type away.

Ive tried tabbing and clicking and just typing and theres no option for a randomnly generated name....

I cant create a character without naming it and it wont let me proceed so I'm basiacally stuck and like I said, kind of pissed off. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=baldur%27s+gate+2+can%27t+type+name&l=1

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

one guys solution "Well, I got it working. I didn't really do anything, it just started working."

The others "Hi,

I had the same problem with BG1 (tutu) and solved it by adding BGMAIN.exe to the exluded programs list on DEP (Data Execution Prevention).

On my Win7 it's located at:

start> control panel> system and security> system> advanced system settings> advanced tab> performance settings> data execution prevention> add the game exe file"

I cant seem to figure the 2nd one out and the first one is useless, Im using vista and cant seem to find a performance settings - data execution prevention folder.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

The very first thing that I would do is try playing in windowed mode. Widescreen patch helps for that. Also disable/enable hardware graphics acceleration and any advanced video options. If that doesn't work, there is a huge BG thread on this forum that it would probably be better to ask in.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Ara posted:

The very first thing that I would do is try playing in windowed mode. Widescreen patch helps for that. Also disable/enable hardware graphics acceleration and any advanced video options. If that doesn't work, there is a huge BG thread on this forum that it would probably be better to ask in.

Restarted my whole cpu and go figure...it works. Sorry for panicking I just havent played this game in years and was/am looking forward to it again. Thanks.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
Some winners have been chosen!

Not won yet? Feel free to enter as many times as you want! Remember, just because you have posted it and it hasn't won, doesn't mean it won't win. At random intervals the best one in the thread wins a prize, so hold on to your hats!

Don't forget the amazing consolation prize!

e: Convex, I laughed myself stupid at that terrible terrible picture, but now I am torn, can something that terrible be worth a prize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fishmonkey posted:

Dude from Planescape Torment finds a job.

thlu99 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Please go repost this in the Planescape Let's Play thread, thanks. It is awesome.