Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

trdn89 posted:

So with my Christmas bonus coming I'm thinking about upgrading my stereo setup and since this thread has yet to steer me wrong I thought I'd throw out a list of what I'm considering. For reference, my current setup is a Debut III w/ the stock Ortofon OM5, an Outlaw Audio RR2150, and a pair of Insignias (along w/ a Spin Clean). Anyone wanna go to bat/throw out the hazard lights for any of the following:

- Acryl-It turntable platter
- Ortofon 2M Red or Blue (I've never replaced a cartridge before so if there's a comparable cartridge which happens to be retardedly easy to install it would be v. relevant to my interests)
- Herbie's Way Excellent TT Mat (would this even be necessary with the platter upgrade?)
- Zerodust (can these be eBayed safely or will you end up with some knockoff poo poo?)

Of the options you gave, you'll absolutely notice the biggest difference with a cart upgrade. You may want to do some research to see what options are available in your budget. Nothing wrong with Ortofon, of course, but there are lots of options out there. I don't think any of the other upgrades are bad, but the cart that comes with the Debut III is noticeably louder than my cart, which isn't the end all by any stretch (Sumiko blue point #2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Got my SX-525 in the mail today, and drat it looks good for a vintage receiver.

I know people have suggested using spade ends to connect the speaker cables to the receiver's unique inputs, but I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to order replacement inputs - I was thinking of rewiring it to use a binding or spring clips.

Dankness
Nov 26, 2003

Martie is a pimp.

trdn89 posted:

So with my Christmas bonus coming I'm thinking about upgrading my stereo setup and since this thread has yet to steer me wrong I thought I'd throw out a list of what I'm considering. For reference, my current setup is a Debut III w/ the stock Ortofon OM5, an Outlaw Audio RR2150, and a pair of Insignias (along w/ a Spin Clean). Anyone wanna go to bat/throw out the hazard lights for any of the following:

- Acryl-It turntable platter
- Ortofon 2M Red or Blue (I've never replaced a cartridge before so if there's a comparable cartridge which happens to be retardedly easy to install it would be v. relevant to my interests)
- Herbie's Way Excellent TT Mat (would this even be necessary with the platter upgrade?)
- Zerodust (can these be eBayed safely or will you end up with some knockoff poo poo?)

I'm absolutely amazed that you and I are not the same person and that we have not caused a rip in the space time continuum by occupying the same space on the internet. We have basically the same setup and desires for upgrade. I've got the Debut III w/stock cartridge. I'm looking to upgrade to something suggested on here. Perhaps I'll do the platter upgrade also.

I'd like to post a few pictures of my setup and considerations for upgrading each part since my Wife and I are getting along so well during the holiday season.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Dankness posted:

I'm absolutely amazed that you and I are not the same person and that we have not caused a rip in the space time continuum by occupying the same space on the internet. We have basically the same setup and desires for upgrade. I've got the Debut III w/stock cartridge. I'm looking to upgrade to something suggested on here. Perhaps I'll do the platter upgrade also.

I'd like to post a few pictures of my setup and considerations for upgrading each part since my Wife and I are getting along so well during the holiday season.

Sounds like the Blue is a definite go; everything I read on it makes it sound like a cart I'll use through at least one upgrade. I'm still tempted by the acrylic platter but I also don't want to sink too much money into this TT when a 1Xpression is $700 and I could probably flip my Debut for like $350 (and I already have a Speedbox).

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Another AV4babbies question: is it worth investing in a tube amp if I already have a quality stereo receiver? The Bellari VP130 has awesome reviews and is in my budget (and would also be another component I could keep using as I upgrade TTs), but if it won't offer any significant upgrades over my RR2150 I'll pass.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

trdn89 posted:

Another AV4babbies question: is it worth investing in a tube amp if I already have a quality stereo receiver? The Bellari VP130 has awesome reviews and is in my budget (and would also be another component I could keep using as I upgrade TTs), but if it won't offer any significant upgrades over my RR2150 I'll pass.

That's a preamp with an integrated headphone amp. Your Outlaw probably does both of those jobs better than the VP130. From everything I've read, in order to get really good sound out of tubes, you'll be looking to spend quite a bit of money. I don't want to get into the solid state vs tubes debate because audio is really subjective, but I can say with confidence that you'll be happier spending that $250 elsewhere.

Edit: Take all the money you're looking to spend on audio and invest it into a cart. I listened to them side by side and there is a world of difference between the noisy stock cart on the Debut III and the Blue Point #2 I have (which admittedly isn't all that wonderful, either).

Ghumbs fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 8, 2010

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Don't worry, you've definitely convinced me to drop at least $200 on a cart upgrade :) I'm currently leaning towards the 2M Blue since I've seen it recommended as a specific upgrade for the Debut, especially for newbies like me (I'm anticipating a harrowing installation experience since I've never installed a cartridge before, let alone one worth 2/3rds as much as my TT), although per your urging I'm looking into the Blue Point too. I'm just curious about what else I can do within the confines of this turntable.

Or should I just nut up and splurge on an Xpression (& cart upgrade) and sell my Debut? If eBay is any guide Debuts keep their value pretty well, so I'd at the very least be able to recoup my costs for the cart and a chunk of the table, plus I could keep using my Speedbox.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

trdn89 posted:

Don't worry, you've definitely convinced me to drop at least $200 on a cart upgrade :) I'm currently leaning towards the 2M Blue since I've seen it recommended as a specific upgrade for the Debut, especially for newbies like me (I'm anticipating a harrowing installation experience since I've never installed a cartridge before, let alone one worth 2/3rds as much as my TT), although per your urging I'm looking into the Blue Point too. I'm just curious about what else I can do within the confines of this turntable.

Or should I just nut up and splurge on an Xpression (& cart upgrade) and sell my Debut? If eBay is any guide Debuts keep their value pretty well, so I'd at the very least be able to recoup my costs for the cart and a chunk of the table, plus I could keep using my Speedbox.

I have the RM-5 SE, myself. I almost purchased the Debut III instead. If I remember, correctly, it was the difference between $350 and $900. The stock cart on the RM-5 was worth $300 and I didn't care much for the fact that you can't unplug the cables from the Debut III. For those reasons, a few others, and the fact that I'm a sucker for the aesthetic, I bought the RM-5.

It's difficult, in this case, to say what you should do. I think a $500 cart on a Debut III will put out better sound than the Xpression with its stock cart. Does that mean you shouldn't get the Xpression? No. You have to decide whether or not the Debut III is the turntable you want to keep. Same goes for the Xpression or RM-5, for that matter, as I sometimes dream of getting a VPI Scout II or the like.

However, I will say that buying a nice cart is safe in that it can generally be put on whatever turntable you get down the road. Platter/tonearm/mat upgrades are table specific, so I'd only buy those if you're committed to your current table for the long haul.

If you are considering new tables, though, Rega just released a new entry level table, the RP1, that looks to be rather nice. I like the feel of their tonearms.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Well, while trying to figure out which route I want to take on connecting the speakers to my SX-525 (either rewiring the connectors or buying the hard to find pioneer connectors), I opened up the case and connected the speaker wires into the inputs to test if it all works. And.... not well at all. It almost sounds like static, but the signal comes and goes as though it only has a weak electrical connection. Now I get to figure out if its just my speakers (they are old and have been sitting in storage for a long time) or if its the receiver that is messed up. :smith:

If I plugged a set of computer speakers into the headphone jack on the front through an adapter, would that work decently as a temp and to test the functionality of other parts of the receiver?

Fake James fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 9, 2010

Dankness
Nov 26, 2003

Martie is a pimp.

trdn89 posted:

Sounds like the Blue is a definite go; everything I read on it makes it sound like a cart I'll use through at least one upgrade. I'm still tempted by the acrylic platter but I also don't want to sink too much money into this TT when a 1Xpression is $700 and I could probably flip my Debut for like $350 (and I already have a Speedbox).

What do you think of the Speedbox upgrade? I think the first thing I'll do is upgrade my cart. Next will be to decide if the debut is going to be my TT for long haul or not. Unsure of when the wife is going to neuter my spending ATM.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
I'm definitely glad I sprang for the Speedbox; the sound is much cleaner now and being able to switch from 33 to 45 at the push of a button instead of having to manually switch the belt over is immensely convenient. it's also only ("only") like $160.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

crazyfish posted:

I just got a killer deal on a Technics SL1200MK2 and now I'm looking to pick up a new cartridge and stylus for it, as the one that came with it is a DJ cart with a fairly high tracking force. I'm considering the Audio Technica AT440MLA: http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT440MLA-Dual-Moving-Magnet-Cartridge/dp/B00009MK3A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291169694&sr=1-1

Does anyone have any experience with this cart or a recommendation for a different one?

Wound up buying this cart, and it sounds awesome. I don't have the overhang tool to make sure it's 100% correctly mounted, but my rough measurements have it pretty well set.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
Found another interesting DIY project. http://www.audiosector.com/ This guy sells simple chip amp kits. One of them is based on the LM4780 which is two 60 watt amps on one chip. You could bi-wire speakers feeding the top and bottom 60 watts or run them bridged (8 ohms) or parallel (4 ohms) for 120 watts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Power-Amp-Amplifier-DIY-HiFi-Case-Heatsink-Kit-/370450472025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5640919c59 Something like this for the case would work. It may be overkill for 100-120 watts.

http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=78 There was mention on the diyAudio forums that a 25 + 25 400VA transformer would work for a dual mono setup. I'll have to read into this some more.

$300 isn't terribly bad for an amp you can say you built yourself.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Well, I narrowed down the problem with my SX-525 Receiver - the right channel fuse keeps blowing, so something is shorting it out. Now I just need to find a place that can repair it for cheap. I only paid $38 for it, so at least it wasn't an expensive purchase, but I hope I don't have to just turn it around and sell it for parts. :smith:

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
It's more than likely the output section of the amp. One or more of the large NPN transistors has shorted out. The bias circuit for that channel may have failed in some way causing that particular output transistor(s) to draw a lot of current. Luckily, parts for solid state amps are dirt cheap. The outputs are probably no more than $2 each. Sure beats paying $50 for a new set of vacuum tubes.

Some of the older amps may not have had more than a simple fast acting fuse to keep the amp from cooking itself. A fuse is nowhere near as fast as newer output protection circuitry. It would probably be a good idea to never turn the amp on without some kind of speaker or dummy load on the outputs.

Speakers are connected to the outputs and should be done so with a solid connection. I don't think older amps would care much for intermittent loads. Probably the cause of the blown fuse. Be sure the speakers you are using are 8 ohms. I believe it even makes mention of this on the back of the amp itself. If you happen to have a volt ohm meter handy, you can measure the DC resistance of the speakers. They will read about 5-7 ohms on the resistance scale. You won't get 8 ohms exactly because you're reading their DC resistance and not their AC impedance. Measuring AC impedance requires a bit more equipment. Anyhow, the DC resistance is close enough.

Paperweight fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 17, 2010

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Paperweight posted:

I believe it even makes mention of this on the back of the amp itself.

On the back it says 4 Ohms ~ 16 Ohms.

I'm going to take it in to get it repaired sometime this weekend, there are 2 shops near me that I will give a call. I' also going to end up buying the proprietary pioneer connectors, unless using flat ends would be a solid enough connection - it looks like it could possibly hold it very tight.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
I wouldn't bother with the pioneer connector unless you move the amp around every other day. Just twist the speaker leads and jam them in, worked well forever here.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

How can I figure out if my Marantz 2270 will properly power some 600Ω headphones? I can't find anything regarding it. I think it should work because I think headphones used to be heavily resistant so this would be normal. But I'm not sure and really don't want to plop down money for headphones that will ultimately be underpowered.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
If only I could directly help people. I'd rebuid the output circuit for Dr. Lenin and let you borrow the Bithead amp I have sitting in my bottom drawer. Higher impedance headphones love higher voltage versus lower imedance headphones that like more curret. Middle of the road headphone outputs are 100 ohms or so and work with almost everything.

Paperweight fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 18, 2010

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Anyone know the average cost for repairing the output would be? Every repair shop around here is charging $35 for an estimate, and I don't want to pay for it just to find out they are going to charge an arm and a leg for this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A friend of mine lent me his extra pair of used SL 1200 MK2's because he doesn't have room for them and I'm looking to get a new cartridge for home use since they came with Ortofon Pro S's. I've seen love for the Shure M97xE and Ortofon 2M Red on the internets (and this thread) and they don't cost too much but I was thinking what other carts in the same price range people would recommend? A store near me has Nagaoka MP-110's for a bit less than the 2M Red (89 € vs 99 €), any experiences on those? EDIT: Or the Ortofon Concorde Arkiv?

Also, a stupid newbie question: I need to get a new head shell because someone apparently ditched them as unnecessary at some point since the Pro S's attach directly to the arm. Are they standard, i.e. can I take a head shell from an old Omnitronic or other SL-1200 clone and it will fit?

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 19, 2010

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
What you are looking for is a headshell with an SME mount, they are pretty much everywhere.

KAB has original Technics if thats important to you, also cheapies.

Ron Burgundy fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 19, 2010

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Welp the audio shop says the PE 2020 I picked up from salvation army is too worn to fix, I guess I have to find a second one to get parts off? What do you do in a situation like this (besides giving up), I'll post on audio karma I guess

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...D#ht_485wt_1158

This is an early model of the new turntable TDK is putting out. I like the look of it but the onboard phono stage and USB port isn't really my cup of tea. But I'm happy to see a new kid on the block. Hope it's built well and not a plastic piece of plastic.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
Wow, it looks really nice. Hopefully something like this becomes the de facto standard masspro turntable those that don't know any better pick up. I can tell from just looking at that prototype that it is 8000% better than those cd recorder vintage type looking things.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

Ron Burgundy posted:

Wow, it looks really nice. Hopefully something like this becomes the de facto standard masspro turntable those that don't know any better pick up. I can tell from just looking at that prototype that it is 8000% better than those cd recorder vintage type looking things.

Exactly right. It will be interesting to see if the vinyl market begins to wane or becomes a long-term alternative to digital music. Seeing things like mainstream companies taking a turntable design seriously makes me think the latter may be the future. Or at least I hope.

Dankness
Nov 26, 2003

Martie is a pimp.

Ghumbs posted:

Exactly right. It will be interesting to see if the vinyl market begins to wane or becomes a long-term alternative to digital music. Seeing things like mainstream companies taking a turntable design seriously makes me think the latter may be the future. Or at least I hope.

I like this a lot. Makes me really happy to see new vinyl get re-released on quality wax as opposed to paying out the rear end for a ruined 30 year old copy of some jazz standard. I'm not saying you can't find quality old vinyl but it's nice to know that companies are looking to put some energy into the vinyl experience again.

Also, I'd like to point out to the guys that responded to my recent posts about upgrading my Project Debut III that I posted my audio setups in the other thread.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Is it possible to extend a ground wire? I want to move my Debut out of the cabinet in my AV center but the phono cables & ground wire aren't long enough to reach the receiver; I know you can buy extensions for the former but googling for the latter just gets me a bunch of results of people saying to rewire it and that seems like something I would be destined to gently caress up.

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
Its just a piece of wire, as long as you have contact its fine. Nothing fancy like audio cables.

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

I've got an issue I was wondering if any of you could help with, I just got my first turntable from a family member for free. It's a Technics SL-1600, it is in great shape (at least from the outside), other than the fact that it just repeats the same part of a record over and over again. Like the same 3 seconds or so. I messed with the anti-skate and some other things a google search brought up and that hasn't fixed it. Could it be the cartridge? Or is it something internal I'm gonna have to do? If you could provide any insight that'd be great, I'm lost here.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Debating whether to pick up a pre-amp or a receiver. Got a Technics QD33 on CL and am playing it through my Pioneer home theater system so it's going into my aux in. Budget is $50-100. Was eyeing this: http://www.amazon.com/TC-750-Audiophile-Phono-Pre-amp-Preamplifier/dp/B000A36LQ4/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293573279&sr=1-4

Also, good p-mount cartridge recommendation? It came with an Audio-Technica 3003.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 28, 2010

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Bensa posted:

Its just a piece of wire, as long as you have contact its fine. Nothing fancy like audio cables.

So I can just wrap some wire around the end and then again around the screw on the receiver? :patriot:

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

trdn89 posted:

So I can just wrap some wire around the end and then again around the screw on the receiver? :patriot:

Use electrical tape on your splice, but that's pretty much how you do it.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?

Kolobus posted:

I've got an issue I was wondering if any of you could help with, I just got my first turntable from a family member for free. It's a Technics SL-1600, it is in great shape (at least from the outside), other than the fact that it just repeats the same part of a record over and over again. Like the same 3 seconds or so. I messed with the anti-skate and some other things a google search brought up and that hasn't fixed it. Could it be the cartridge? Or is it something internal I'm gonna have to do? If you could provide any insight that'd be great, I'm lost here.

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-1600.shtml To see the full manual, you'll probably have to make an account.

It's an automatic turntable that more than likely hasn't been properly cleaned and lubricated since it was made 30 years ago. The old grease on the moving parts is probably hard as a rock. That will have to be scraped off and a new coat applied.

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

Paperweight posted:

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-1600.shtml To see the full manual, you'll probably have to make an account.

It's an automatic turntable that more than likely hasn't been properly cleaned and lubricated since it was made 30 years ago. The old grease on the moving parts is probably hard as a rock. That will have to be scraped off and a new coat applied.

Should I do this myself or find some repair shop or something to do it? And if I did it myself are there any guides with what grease I should use and what not?

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?

Kolobus posted:

Should I do this myself or find some repair shop or something to do it? And if I did it myself are there any guides with what grease I should use and what not?

I just looked at the service manual. The inside of that thing is amazingly complex. It gives an exploded view of the whole thing. No wonder they cost so much money. Someone had to put that together by hand I imagine.

An article in a recent copy of audioXpress shows the rebuild of a Dual turntable. For lubricants, he used a 30 weight motor oil, silicone oil and lithium grease. Common motor oil can be used, silicone oil you can get at RC hobby shops (it's used in the shocks) and the grease you can get probably a lot of places.

If you can take the bottom off and cycle the tonearm, watch to see what parts move. From there, visualy inspect these parts and look for evidence of the old lubricants. They may even have turned to crumbling dust. There is probably a lot of moving parts to lift the tonearm at the end of the record and return it back to the rest. This is where you will probably have to focus your efforts. It wouldn't hurt to lightly lubricate all moving parts, especially where they contact another part. Get everything moving freely again and it should work perfectly.

There is still the chance something on the control circuitboard isn't functioning properly. Make sure everything is connected good and snug. Like I said, that thing is very sophisticated with it's electronic controls. If something is wrong in that department, your best bet is a repair shop.

Edit: It couldn't hurt to see what you can do yourself if you're the careful, curious tinkerer type. If you're all thumbs when it comes to taking something apart, leave it to the pros. I've been taking things aparts since I could walk. Sometimes with my bare hands or a hammer. Toys never lasted more than a few weeks with me.

Paperweight fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 29, 2010

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005

trdn89 posted:

Is it possible to extend a ground wire? I want to move my Debut out of the cabinet in my AV center but the phono cables & ground wire aren't long enough to reach the receiver; I know you can buy extensions for the former but googling for the latter just gets me a bunch of results of people saying to rewire it and that seems like something I would be destined to gently caress up.

Do not lay it in a run parallel with power cables or you will induce a hum!

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

Paperweight posted:

I just looked at the service manual. The inside of that thing is amazingly complex. It gives an exploded view of the whole thing. No wonder they cost so much money. Someone had to put that together by hand I imagine.

An article in a recent copy of audioXpress shows the rebuild of a Dual turntable. For lubricants, he used a 30 weight motor oil, silicone oil and lithium grease. Common motor oil can be used, silicone oil you can get at RC hobby shops (it's used in the shocks) and the grease you can get probably a lot of places.

If you can take the bottom off and cycle the tonearm, watch to see what parts move. From there, visualy inspect these parts and look for evidence of the old lubricants. They may even have turned to crumbling dust. There is probably a lot of moving parts to lift the tonearm at the end of the record and return it back to the rest. This is where you will probably have to focus your efforts. It wouldn't hurt to lightly lubricate all moving parts, especially where they contact another part. Get everything moving freely again and it should work perfectly.

There is still the chance something on the control circuitboard isn't functioning properly. Make sure everything is connected good and snug. Like I said, that thing is very sophisticated with it's electronic controls. If something is wrong in that department, your best bet is a repair shop.

Edit: It couldn't hurt to see what you can do yourself if you're the careful, curious tinkerer type. If you're all thumbs when it comes to taking something apart, leave it to the pros. I've been taking things aparts since I could walk. Sometimes with my bare hands or a hammer. Toys never lasted more than a few weeks with me.
I'm pretty careful so I went ahead and took it apart as far as I felt comfortable, which got me down to most of the moving parts and the grease on them was still fine, it hadn't dried out or anything yet. I couldn't get to the tonearm base and I think that is probably the issue since it just plays the same bit over and over so obviously the tonearm is getting stuck or something. Or perhaps you're right and it is a circuit issue. Either way I don't think I can do anything, I'll have to take it to someone. Thanks for the help though.

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce
Thoughts on this receiver? The guy has owned it for 33 years, says everything works perfectly. I got him down to $80 but I'm not going to get it until tomorrow so I can back out.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/2136173922.html

[panic] fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

"[panic posted:

"]
Thoughts on this receiver? The guy has owned it for 33 years, says everything works perfectly. I got him down to $80 but I'm not going to get it until tomorrow so I can back out.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/2136173922.html

$80 is about half of what they're going for on ebay including shipping. You probably won't find anything much better for the money.