Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Jo posted:

lolled irl

:allears:

i wish i was as nice as you jo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!
i always wondered if obese cattes can still clean themselves, their assholes in particular.

my catte is starting to get big, shes only 12 pounds but the hell if im walking around wiping her rear end after a poop if she gets too big

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

IT Guy posted:

i always wondered if obese cattes can still clean themselves, their assholes in particular.

my catte is starting to get big, shes only 12 pounds but the hell if im walking around wiping her rear end after a poop if she gets too big

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOFR3rRWxM

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jo posted:

lolled irl

worlds nicest - and most easily amused - poster

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Rodent - "hmm where will I sleep today oh wait I know a place"

years ago:

current era:

Best place to sleep if you are a catte = other catte

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
needs more diet coke

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

flyboi posted:

needs more diet coke

I knew someone would mention it, I just never thought it would be you - biff tanner, back to the future 2

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kirk posted:

:catstare:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kirk posted:

catte is rolling hard

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ola, senor gif, como esta?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
rotor don't you have a bunch of kids that are injecting liquid sugar into their veins right now

how do you find time to yospost on christmas eve

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

rotor don't you have a bunch of kids that are injecting liquid sugar into their veins right now

how do you find time to yospost on christmas eve

they watchin xmas movies, I'm drinkin coffee eatin sugar cookies while the wife chats with the relatives

edit: also readin a book on javascript, it isn't very good

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
delegation... its... brilliant...

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt
javascript is indeed p bad

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt
way better than actionscript though

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
so my understand of this webgl poo poo is that you can have a fancy opengl renderer and all that but your game logic backend is going to have to be in js or some poo poo?

because if that's true then lolllll

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
also you'd have to maintain separate webgl and webDX (im assuming this is what ms will call their ie-only implementation) rendering pipelines if you wanted to hit everyone, lmaoooo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

don't a lot of games use higher-level languages for their game logic already

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
yeah but the problem is how would you run it

its not like you could write some poo poo in C++ or LUA or whatever and then run it in someones browser unless you make them install an extension, which defeats the purpose of webGL in the first place

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Kirk posted:

yeah but the problem is how would you run it

its not like you could write some poo poo in C++ or LUA or whatever and then run it in someones browser unless you make them install an extension, which defeats the purpose of webGL in the first place
Couldn't you have a python backend running an instance on the server for each client?

Or did you mean local code to be run clientside, because if that then yeah javascript fuuuu

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
a catte a goon vet saved its a pretty :unsmith: story

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

there have been a lot of good cats posted in the last few pages

Trig Discipline posted:

dee eight posted:

a catte a goon vet saved its a pretty :unsmith: story

what happened?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

Couldn't you have a python backend running an instance on the server for each client?

Or did you mean local code to be run clientside, because if that then yeah javascript fuuuu

yeah but then your game logic is on the server taking server resources, good luck scaling that up

and oh god the latency for literally everything

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

fork bomb I love the interest you take in cattes

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

fork bomb posted:

what happened?

an evil gently caress swerved to run over the catte and somebody else stopped and took her to a goon vet nearby. the vet spent a fuckload of his own money to save the cat and other goons sent money to him and stuff and it was a goon project with a happy ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRJsX2w8EBQ

edit: from around august 2011:

goon vet posted:

Update: Piper passed away from a cancer unrelated to her attempted murder. She was a sassy, loving, tough cat. She was "in charge" wherever she was, and the other clinic cats gave her plenty of room. She lived her life happy, on her terms, well fed, and was a sweet and affectionate cat to her last breath. She's buried in my yard, under a Forget Me Not plant. Thanks to all who donated, cared for, and wished her well. -Dr. Chris Pagel, Companion Animal Hospital, Madison, WI

all cattes go to heaven

dee eight fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 16, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

dee eight posted:

an evil gently caress swerved to run over the catte and somebody else stopped and took her to a goon vet nearby. the vet spent a fuckload of his own money to save the cat and other goons sent money to him and stuff and it was a goon project with a happy ending

:unsmith:

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

this here is the zybourne catte and he's going to live a happy life

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

this here is the zybourne catte and he's going to live a happy life

imagine four cats on the edge of a cliff

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

fork bomb I love the interest you take in cattes

cattes are srs business

dee eight posted:

i hate animal cruelty more than anything else. That's so awesome that the vet saved Piper. A good luvins cat. :3:

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

pets work the same way

*rolls with the cattes and gives them hella tummy rubs*

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

fork bomb posted:

cattes are srs business

wisdom :3:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
the cat i had growing up was hit by a car and his hip was dislocated. he made it back to the house, limped up into my room and slept in his little cat bed for a day. when he woke up he was still sore and in pain so we took him to the vet.

the vet said that, well, he's going to be fine, and in fact even though his hip is dislocated once the soreness goes away he won't be in any pain or be unable to do any cat things. our options were either A) pay $500 to have his hip relocated in a very painful fashion, or B) leave it be

my dads, being poor, opted to let it go. so for the next 12 years he was just like any other cat, except when he catloafed his hind leg stuck out at a funny angle. it never stopped him from scouring all the lands in a kilometer radius around our house of all small mammals and birds, so i guess he was okay after all.

anyway thats my story about hurt cats.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

cats rule

pet all cats

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
oh and once when i was 10 i saw a cats head get run over by a car. the car stopped for a moment and then tore off, meanwhile the cats skull and neck were broken and its body was spasming all over the place until it finally stopped moving a minute later

~cat storiez~

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

I once saw a cat get run over by the car in front of ours. It ran over the middle section of the cat and blood was flowing freely from its nose. Some people who had stopped went to knock on doors and the owners came out and cried with the dying cat on the pavement and it was awful.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.
Not loving funny you guys.

I was mowing my neighbors lawn about 6 years ago and my favorite cat of all time got ran over in front of me. Fat Cat Whyyyyyyy!!!!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Googled "free cat" to post that free cat picture but saw this instead:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Lord Rumples Catte posted:

javascript is indeed p bad

Lord Rumples Catte posted:

way better than actionscript though