Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

BooDoug187 posted:

Thanks for that link and the new nightmare fuel!

I can just imagine being in that hall way, middle of the night when I hear the ding of the elevator, then suddenly out walks that statue, and it charges at me with anger and purpose.

I can see this ending up on the SCP Foundation website.

Holy poo poo that is awesomely creepy. I found a better image of it:

Click here for the full 1705x1279 image.

futureproof has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Dec 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

futureproof posted:

I can see this ending up on the SCP Foundation website.

Holy poo poo that is awesomely creepy. I found a better image of it:

Click here for the full 1705x1279 image.

paint paint paint smudge smudge smudge gaussian blur - done.

Looks about as realistic as some of the more mediocre slenderman photoshops.

Aveva
Mar 27, 2010

Click here for the full 880x771 image.

From the show "The Tudors"

Henry was freaking out about the "Sleeping Sickness" epidemic, and kept having visions of people, or himself looking like this. Was pretty creepy.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

Noumena posted:

One thing that still consistently creeps me out is body horror. I don't know exactly why, but it might be the distortion of something that also looks familiar -- or was only familiar at one time.

Sooo I tripped upon these images from Dougal Dixon's Man After Man, and while most of the illustrations from that book are downright goofy, some of them kind of get under my skin. The thought of genetically-altered humans that undergo millions of years of natural evolution is super creepy to me.

[bunches of creepy evolutionary man-horrors, leading up to this guy:]

I think my brain is just like "THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PEOPLE :gonk:" and it creeps me out.
Where did you find these images, or did you just happen upon the book itself? I'd love to see more of them, or at least a bigger version of the Food Creature. That one is grotesque as hell. :gonk:

Edit so I don't appear too lazy: I've tried searching online for some images from the book but haven't had much luck.

Taliaquin has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Dec 18, 2010

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!
You may like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4cmeMrkxk4

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

BooDoug187 posted:

I can just imagine being in that hall way, middle of the night when I hear the ding of the elevator, then suddenly out walks that statue, and it charges at me with anger and purpose.

Find and catch and find and kill and kill!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Aveva posted:

Click here for the full 880x771 image.

From the show "The Tudors"

Henry was freaking out about the "Sleeping Sickness" epidemic, and kept having visions of people, or himself looking like this. Was pretty creepy.

The creepiest thing about this is when it's full-size on my screen, it almost looks 3-dimensional. I could swear I saw it move just a little...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

BooDoug187 posted:

Thanks for that link and the new nightmare fuel!

For some reason the vibe this gives me is of an upscale building so I can only imagine it charging up to me and then being like "HELLO I NEED SOME COINS FOR THE LAUNDRY MACHINE CAN YOU HELP ME OUT?!"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Inspector_71 posted:

For some reason the vibe this gives me is of an upscale building so I can only imagine it charging up to me and then being like "HELLO I NEED SOME COINS FOR THE LAUNDRY MACHINE CAN YOU HELP ME OUT?!"

I wouldn't worry much about that. After all, it's been disarmed :v:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Inspector_71 posted:

I would still be creeped out because FUCKER DOESN'T HAVE A HEAD!

Noumena
Mar 18, 2008

Taliaquin posted:

Where did you find these images, or did you just happen upon the book itself? I'd love to see more of them, or at least a bigger version of the Food Creature. That one is grotesque as hell. :gonk:

Edit so I don't appear too lazy: I've tried searching online for some images from the book but haven't had much luck.

Well aren't you in luck! You can read the whole book online here, it's been out of print for years:

http://www.sivatherium.narod.ru/library/Dixon_3/01_en.htm

I highly recommend at least skimming it. The narrative aspect of the book makes things even creepier to me. Be prepared to laugh at more than a couple of the illustrations, though.

Croch
Jun 12, 2007
Growing up, the scenes in Pet Sematary with Zelda scared the living crap out of me. Pretty dumb now but couldn't get the image of her out of my head when I was little.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5893739435612059933

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Noumena posted:

Well aren't you in luck! You can read the whole book online here, it's been out of print for years:

http://www.sivatherium.narod.ru/library/Dixon_3/01_en.htm

I highly recommend at least skimming it. The narrative aspect of the book makes things even creepier to me. Be prepared to laugh at more than a couple of the illustrations, though.

That book is great. Creepy science fiction is awesome.

City_Chicken
Jun 28, 2008

Fell posted:

Find and catch and find and kill and kill!

Ah, Thief 3. Very nice, very creepy and so very underrated. Those voices are some of the finest sound work in any game ever.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

All I think when I see this picture is "Night at the Museum 3: The Louvre!"

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

I feel like I saw a horrifying black and white .gif here on SA. A thing is crawling along the floor in a plague mask. Then, when it gets to a woman in a chair, it stands up, and has another mask on below the first one. Also, it has nails or something for hands. It creeped me out, anyone have it?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I feel like I saw a horrifying black and white .gif here on SA. A thing is crawling along the floor in a plague mask. Then, when it gets to a woman in a chair, it stands up, and has another mask on below the first one. Also, it has nails or something for hands. It creeped me out, anyone have it?

That's from a movie called The Poughkeepsie Tapes. I can't seem to upload it to Waffleimages, but if you do an image search for that title, the gif pops up all over the place.

Here's the Youtube version anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zne95IZZwrQ

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
I took some photos of a sunset on a cloudy

Click here for the full 1024x684 image.

Click here for the full 1024x676 image.

Is it just me or is that a menacing face?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tariq aziz posted:

Click here for the full 1024x676 image.

This is the worst post.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
'Tis a fine barn, but sure 'tis no pool, English.

Beautiful landscapes, but it's not that creepy, is what I mean.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

tariq aziz posted:

If by 'menacing' you mean 'either Terrance or Phillip', then yes.

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
It is me, too personal woops

carry on with your psffft creepy stuff

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

It spooked Me!

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Frozen spiderwebs...ugh. Taken from http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/12/a_chilly_solstice_and_lunar_ec.html

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Tourists. Why you gotta come to my country to be stupid and die?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Tourists. Why you gotta come to my country to be stupid and die?

You'd think they'd practice in Florida but NOOOOOOoooo.

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat

More here.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

PaleFigure posted:

"Yeah, he totally fell for it! I still can't be.....uh...hey, Timmy...didn't know you were...uh....here..."

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
:nws:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/72/7296749c577d082aeecd8ee5ec03b18962eb847c.jpg
https://wi.somethingawful.com/2e/2e9ab4cb5c8859674fbfdc4bc3b690f92fd2a775.jpg

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

cloudchamber posted:

Is this by Walter Moers...?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

slowdave posted:

Is this by Walter Moers...?

Looked up where I found the picture and it's called Der Schlag ins Leere by Paul Weber.

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

PaleFigure posted:

I'm with futureproof, this is kind of funny to me.

"God I hate that little basta- oops."

Content:

Francois Launet

Fell has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Dec 25, 2010

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat

Fell posted:

I'm with futureproof, this is kind of funny to me.

"God I hate that little basta- oops."
Yeah, in retrospect, that's one of his goofier ones, so let me instead offer this one that genuinely unsettles me:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PaleFigure posted:

More here.

Jesus Christ, these are drawn on post-it notes. This man is a loving miracle!

I get a strong Lovecraft vibe from these, but they're also pretty :3: too. I want to see this man illustrate a series of children's books.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

PaleFigure posted:

More here.

These remind me of the Gashlycrumb Tinies

Content:

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

homerlaw posted:

These remind me of the Gashlycrumb Tinies

Isn't that the book that had each of the kids being killed off alphabetically?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Boneitis posted:

Isn't that the book that had each of the kids being killed off alphabetically?

Why yes it is.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
My vinegaroons were mating tonight... I'm sure some people will be creeped out.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

Okay I mentioned it in some thread in GBS, but I am looking for a .gif I saw on here some time ago in a similar thread to this one. It has a dog like creature, with almost spider like legs, walking on the side of the road near a forest at night, and as a car drives past it darts back into the forest. It scared the hell out of me, and if anyone has it, and certainly if anyone knows where it came from, be it a television show, movie, whatever, I'd love to know what it was as well.

Edit: I was able to find it, on 4chan of all places. It is apparently from a film called Xtro

Sid Delicious has a new favorite as of 12:30 on Dec 31, 2010

• Locked thread