Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

:cry: nothing there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

It looks like the guy who put them up on Flickr just took them down, but I did grab a few beforehand. WINDMILL! Enjoy!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A windmill made out of ladders.

My god, it's full of stars.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

A windmill made out of ladders.

My god, it's full of stars.

Also, looking closer I just noticed the Kingdoms' Windmill set has sunflowers and goats. Two goats! I want it so bad for adding to the Medieval Village.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Guzwar posted:

Hoooooly balls, a medieval mill, a new City harbour, and a new Technic Super-fuckin'-car :flashfap:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mBs0Hi9OjY0/TQHfqQSmAHI/AAAAAAAAEAM/ZNgS1uankV4/s1600/80701.jpg

Doesn't have a real gear shifter. :(

My collection of 4 Supercars will remain the same.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Man, I'd better jump on the market village before it's discontinued.
Then get that loving windmill. Oh my god.

Also psyched because they're mainstreaming that ray gun accessory.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Ziploc posted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mBs0Hi9OjY0/TQHfqQSmAHI/AAAAAAAAEAM/ZNgS1uankV4/s1600/80701.jpg

Doesn't have a real gear shifter. :(

My collection of 4 Supercars will remain the same.

I didn't have the disposable income for the previous supercars, but now that I do, I'll take what I can get.

Flavor Bear: definitely get the village, listen to Turisas while building, then start plotting new buildings for it, like an apothecary or a brewery.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Guzwar posted:

I didn't have the disposable income for the previous supercars, but now that I do, I'll take what I can get.

Are the original 4 stupidly expensive? They all hang on my wall right now.

I got really motivated one year and tracked them all down.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Oh man, that Alien Conquest looks tight. I want that Earth Defense HQ, at the very least. But most of my (imaginary) money is going into that new Castle stuff. Hell yeah.

I never used to be a Castle fanboy, but the orc stuff a couple years ago and the medieval village convinced me. Now I can't get enough of it.

fluffzilla
Mar 20, 2007
Alien Conquest looks like it could be a great third party to add to my Space Police collection. The Alien Defense Force can be the civilian repairmen and militia to the many aliens who will no doubt run wild in my Space Police world. Looks like I'll be spending more money this coming year. :sigh:

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Asked for a lego set for christmas, i got this guy

I had just recently bought and assembled the Technic Bike, and the Space Limo for myself. I've always wondered what Bionocle was going to be like to build with. I still have the Technic Dune buggy to do also. Legoing is fun :toot:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
50's sci-fi flying saucers :flashfap:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That Alien Conquest line looks amazing. Those blue human vehicles really remind me of classic space.

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy
I got my 4 year old daughter a couple of the small sets of starwars legos and we did the advent calender this year, she is having a blast with them. The real haul is that because my daughter is the first to ask for legos my parents gave me a present that was supposed to be mine back in 1984 but wasn't given because of a difference in the number of presents between me and my brother. It has been sitting wrapped in 1984 wrapping paper for the past 26 years in my parents basement. I open it up and I have a new in box 6971 Inter-Galactic Command Base, I remember wanting a space base forever as a kid. I quick search on brick link gives me a guy selling one for $750 sealed new in the box. Now the problem, build the space station I always wanted or sell it and buy an rear end ton more legos for me and my daughter to build.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Knormal posted:

That Alien Conquest line looks amazing. Those blue human vehicles really remind me of classic space.

This.
It looks amazing, but otoh I guess this means the New Space Police line will be discontinued. Better track down a Lunar Limo in the Post-Christmas Sale before it's too late!

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

CONFIRMED: LEGO Stores have the same items on sale (a lot of 50% off) as their online store. Of course stock and availability vary, but those that can should check it out.

To give you a reminder of what is on sale, here is the link to that which was sold online the other night:

http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/Default.aspx?va=1

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Gom Jabbar posted:

I got my 4 year old daughter a couple of the small sets of starwars legos and we did the advent calender this year, she is having a blast with them. The real haul is that because my daughter is the first to ask for legos my parents gave me a present that was supposed to be mine back in 1984 but wasn't given because of a difference in the number of presents between me and my brother. It has been sitting wrapped in 1984 wrapping paper for the past 26 years in my parents basement. I open it up and I have a new in box 6971 Inter-Galactic Command Base, I remember wanting a space base forever as a kid. I quick search on brick link gives me a guy selling one for $750 sealed new in the box. Now the problem, build the space station I always wanted or sell it and buy an rear end ton more legos for me and my daughter to build.

drat, that's the best Christmas ever.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I love the new Castle line but I do wish they'd make something other than Prison Escape themed sets for the dragon guys. We've got Prison Tower Rescue, Prison Carriage Rescue, and now Escape from Dragon's Prison. Still going to buy them but yeah it's a little silly.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Gom Jabbar posted:

I have a new in box 6971 Inter-Galactic Command Base, I remember wanting a space base forever as a kid. I quick search on brick link gives me a guy selling one for $750 sealed new in the box. Now the problem, build the space station I always wanted or sell it and buy an rear end ton more legos for me and my daughter to build.

The only dick move would be to hang on to it at this point like it's some sort of investment. Either open that sumbitch up and play with it as intended or sell it for a poo poo-ton of new Lego and play with them.

If this was my "problem", I'd gouge some rich collector for all they're worth, then blow all of the profit on Creator and bulk sets, with just a few licensed or otherwise minifig intensive sets thrown in for flavor. poo poo, just the opportunity to buy multiple copies of the big pink parts tub for some girly colors (don't know if your daughter is crazy for pink like mine is) should make your decision for you.

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

3 posted:

50's sci-fi flying saucers :flashfap:

It's fun seeing the difference between SW ships and these. Kid me wouldn't have been able to wait for either lot, anyway. The tripod is cute.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Wait...

Pirates of the Caribbean?

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Muppetjedi posted:

Wait...

Pirates of the Caribbean?
Yes, LEGO got the POTC licence (Disney, remember?) and those are actually the first pictures I've seen of the sets.

Alien Conquest, on the other hand, I'd heard nothing about. They really do have the feel of Classic Space, and I also notice that the Earth vehicles are slightly futuristic vehicles with modern-day weapons, which really pushes their 'no guns' rule.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Gom Jabbar posted:

Holy crap. Sell it, buy a used command base for ~100, and blow the rest on other cool sets for your daughter. Don't open it though. NIB is insane!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

So many good items for sale, and all of them are sold out :( I wish I had time this week to drive to one of the lego stores.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wish the weather wasn't so poo poo today or I'dve flown down to the Burlington store.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
For those of us late to the party who didn't see all the photos before they were taken down, can somebody describe the new Technic Supercar? I'm utterly intrigued by that prospect, considering I've been becoming increasingly enamored with Technic.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AstroZamboni posted:

For those of us late to the party who didn't see all the photos before they were taken down, can somebody describe the new Technic Supercar? I'm utterly intrigued by that prospect, considering I've been becoming increasingly enamored with Technic.

There's a link to it right on this page?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Gom Jabbar posted:

I open it up and I have a new in box 6971 Inter-Galactic Command Base, I remember wanting a space base forever as a kid. I quick search on brick link gives me a guy selling one for $750 sealed new in the box. Now the problem, build the space station I always wanted or sell it and buy an rear end ton more legos for me and my daughter to build.

Just because he's selling it for that much doesn't mean it's worth that much.
The guy also has a Buy It Now on ebay for the same price. While sealed 25-year-old sets are uncommon, that seller looks like one of those Amazon sellers who prices stuff at 500% MSRP and never sells a thing. Used, complete in box, is going for between $40 and $100 on ebay, or $120 on BL.
If you look at his other items, he also has the Clone Wars Seperatist Spider Droid, released 2 years ago and still pretty easy to find, for $65 MISB--twice retail value. Or the Cargo Plane from 2008 MISB...listed for almost 3x MSRP. He's a speculator.
Chances are, if you put it up on ebay, you'd get no more than $200 for it, and then you'd be out a great Classic Space set without a whole lot to show for it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What set is this from? I found it while cleaning my room up.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What set is this from? I found it while cleaning my room up.
7711-1: Exo-Force Robots Sentry.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Chris Knight posted:

There's a link to it right on this page?

D'oh! Completely missed that. Sorry!

Too many panels.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

My Lovely Horse posted:

7711-1: Exo-Force Robots Sentry.

Weird. I really don't remember buying any Exo-Force.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I got the midi-scale Star Destroyer for Christmas, but I'm afraid if I try to take a picture of it it'll inexplicably shatter into a million pieces. VERY flimsy set, but drat it looks cool.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I got a really bad luck streak with my latest minifig haul.
4 loving racecar drivers. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with these? Nobody wants them, so I can't even trade or sell 'em.
Plus two more mummies which brings the grand total to 6.
:sigh:
At least I got a Blacktron Cyborg.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Arg, I finally get to a Lego store and they had abosolutely nothing good from that big sale. I wanted the Green Grocer so bad but they only had full price fire brigade and grand emporium. I settled for just the Winter bakery because I can't get it anywhere else without paying shipping.

Is there any good way to make the light brick stay lit besides taping it down?

Testro
May 2, 2009
I'm so sad that Brickbeard's Bounty is in the sale, but is sold out. Gutting.

I think a lot of people would love a lot of those bigger items. I know I'm disappointed, but it feels a bit of a con to only have a small number of each item - you haven't really got a chance of picking something up for a good price. :/

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Am I seeing things, or does the earth defense hq set have a human with an alien parasite on his head?? And a partially skeletonized alien?

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 18, 2019

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

McFunkerson posted:

For you Lego goons in the Phoenix area, there is a Toys R Us express (which I never heard of before) that is going under. LEGO sets are 40% right now. The girl behind the counter said they're shutting the doors in a week.

They had some small and medium Atlantis and Miner sets. Some small star wars rebel trooper battle packs (I got the last clone walker battle pack,) medium and small city/builder pack, and those small toy story army men packs. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Anyway, just thought I'd share the find. I dropped $70 tonight on sets "for my daughter" the day after Christmas... I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

There's like 6 malls in phoenix with those stores, which one are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

q != e