Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Hobbit posted:

OK goons, I find myself seeking your help, since my normal lyric websites and Google have failed me.

The song is hardcore punk, probably 80's or early 90's. Out of the lyrics I have:

"I'd like to introduce myself to me
I'm my own worst enemy.
You must destroy the things you love
Otherwise they hurt too much."

Thanks, goons.

Plow United - Beautiful Love Song

Can't find a video link, but you can hear the quote in the sample here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

Erebus posted:

Plow United - Beautiful Love Song

Can't find a video link, but you can hear the quote in the sample here.

Hey thanks. I feel pretty stupid that I didn't know that. Plow was one of my local bands.

Grace McSpiff
Dec 7, 2010
Okay, I've just gone through all of my burned CD's, and found this song that I absolutely loved and still love. Problem is, I've searched the lyrics on google and haven't found jack. I can't remember who the artist is or the song title, but here's a good chunk of the lyrics:

"I just talked to Mr. Monday yesterday
She said she made it down to NYC okay
She was pure like __?__ no wait like fireflies
Perfume on her skin and makeup on her eyes

-guitar riff-

When you coming down to the big city?
When you come down, you'll know I look pretty
When you gonna sing me a lullaby?
With perfect pale skin and perfect pale eyes

-guitar-

Dance, come on and dance (over and over with some variation)

-lots of guitar-

Repeats the first verse

Repeats "Perfect pale skin and perfect pale eyes" a few times

Dance, come on and dance (over and over again with variation)

-more guitar-

End of song "

It's a female singing, kind of a alt-rock sounding song. Somehow, with all these lyrics, I can't find anything on google.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Ok, I've been trying to remember a band, but the name escapes me. Its fronted by a duo of girls, who play guitar and sing in harmony. Its not Tegan and Sarah, and they have a heavy jazz influence, but its still indy pop music. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

vv Yes, exactly, thanks! vv

gypsyshred fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 27, 2010

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

gypsyshred posted:

Ok, I've been trying to remember a band, but the name escapes me. Its fronted by a duo of girls, who play guitar and sing in harmony. Its not Tegan and Sarah, and they have a heavy jazz influence, but its still indy pop music. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
The Ditty Bops, maybe?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I've been trying to recall this band from Japan and it's driving me crazy. I believe they have both electronic and acoustic sounds, it has a lot of off time beats and the tempo much of the time waves up and down, up and down. They have lyrics too. I think it's just a girl and a guy.

edit: Okay, one thing I remember is that they have "telephonic" or something in their band name. I hope that part is accurate.

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 27, 2010

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Ok, this is not much to go on, but I listened to this song in the radio a few days ago, and it keeps popping in my head, but I don't remember any of it! I believe it is alternative music, and it is about a broken relationship I think. All I can remember is something like "love.. it's all we need to survive" or something really close to that. Love and Survive are the only two words I am sure about. It's probably a popular old(90-00) song, since that's the kind of music the station plays.

Grobyc
Nov 26, 2000

Zoinker posted:

This has been bothering me for some time now: A Techno song, from somewhere between '95 and '99, It has an industrial and orchestral sound to it and a sinister feel. There is a prominent piano segment that is a real earworm. Appart from radio, the only time I remember hearing it is from some TV-Spot for the Michael Douglas movie "The Game".
This makes me think of "Clubbed to Death" by Rob Dougan. That was from 2002, though.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
I have a mix of 10 techno songs that I made like seven years ago. Is it considered :files: if I upload them for you guys to identify?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Grobyc posted:

This makes me think of "Clubbed to Death" by Rob Dougan. That was from 2002, though.

You are almost right! The song I was looking for is actually an earlier version of this song; "Clubbed To Death: The First Mix." Thanks a bunch for setting me on the right track though.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Song I heard in a P.F Chang's today. I only remember the refrain, but I want to describe it as best as I can, so this is going to look a little dorky. Here goes:

Instrumentation has a prominent piano part that has a *top note, two root notes, another note, lower than the first, two more root notes, first note, one more root note* patterns. All 8th notes. The root notes changes a half-step every 4 measures between...G and G# I think? The drums have a similar pattern. The voice was similar to Norah Jones (in fact it may be her, but I have no idea). the melody also took the same beats, and the notes were...E D G E. It actually sounded sort of like "Morning Bell" by Radiohead, if that was in 4/4 time.
The lyrics I could not piece together for the life of me, but I picked up most of it in fragments. 4 syllables every 4 measures, the first four syllables- "don't get e (m or n)o", the second set- first syllable has an 'o' sound, second has a 'shu' sound, not sure about the third one, but the last one was definitely 'now' or something similar.

Again, apologies for the possible awkwardness of the description.

and so I can be sure sure if someone actually knows what my last one was, I'll repost it.

quote:

guitar line (in the key of D, I think) over a recording of...something. the recording has some human voices, I know. One of them is a child's voice, possibly babbling
A glitchy, somewhat dubstep-ish percussion track/layer comes in for about a minute.
The percussion stops, leaving the guitar line with some string underscore and a recording of two men; one of them says something like, "let's get that poo poo".
That sequence basically repeats, but at the end the recording of the men continues. one of them says "11:27" and the other guy says "OK"

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

thehandtruck posted:

I have a mix of 10 techno songs that I made like seven years ago. Is it considered :files: if I upload them for you guys to identify?

Not if you put it on Youtube, it isn't. I'm quite into techno so i'd be willing to give it a shot :)

CurbStomp
Jul 23, 2008
While I was in the gym the other day, I heard a song that was hardcore but also seemed to be autotuned. The singer was using clean vocals throughout much of it. I know that not much to go on but any help would be appreciated, as its been driving me nuts.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

CurbStomp posted:

While I was in the gym the other day, I heard a song that was hardcore but also seemed to be autotuned. The singer was using clean vocals throughout much of it. I know that not much to go on but any help would be appreciated, as its been driving me nuts.
Something like this? Not a lot of clean vocals though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6kBlC-6_LM

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I heard a song on the telly a few days ago and I jotted down the lyrics so I could look it up later. Sadly Google isn't turning up anything on it. It was a female singer and it had some acoustic guitar going on in the background. It was a pretty upbeat song and the chorus may have gone something like this:

I don't care what the people say, so why won't you get out of my way.
I don't care about what you do, so I'm gonna pull one over you.
Hush now, don't make a fuss now.

It's sounded recent, and I'd imagine it's fairly popular. It was on a channel that plays a lot of New Zealand music, so that might be why I'm not getting anything with google? Any help would be great.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Law posted:

I heard a song on the telly a few days ago and I jotted down the lyrics so I could look it up later. Sadly Google isn't turning up anything on it. It was a female singer and it had some acoustic guitar going on in the background. It was a pretty upbeat song and the chorus may have gone something like this:

I don't care what the people say, so why won't you get out of my way.
I don't care about what you do, so I'm gonna pull one over you.
Hush now, don't make a fuss now.

It's sounded recent, and I'd imagine it's fairly popular. It was on a channel that plays a lot of New Zealand music, so that might be why I'm not getting anything with google? Any help would be great.

Sounds like Eliza Doolittle - Pack up.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

HoldYourFire posted:

Sounds like Eliza Doolittle - Pack up.

Haha, that's not it, good song though. It got my hopes up since I'd actually heard that song on the exact same day I heard the song I'm looking for. :)

edit:
Actually, listening to that song I might be getting the lyrics crossed over. The only part I'm certain about is "so why don't you get outta my way", since the line is really emphasized later in the song.

edit2:
Aha! Found it! Hush Now by Hanna Grace, a New Zealand musician. She doesn't even have a wikipedia page, the song was buried among a hundred other songs titled "Hush Now".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1hGJR6nnXY

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 2, 2011

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

...a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
I have one that's been bothering me for years.

- Released in early 2000's
- Sounds a lot like Muse, may in fact be by Muse
- I recall the song mentioning meeting at a lighthouse
- The album itself I remember having cover (or inside cover) art that was a close up of eyes and a face wrapped in a red shawl

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I need help with this one. I'm pretty sure I had it in a MIDI file years ago, but I doubt I knew the title even then.

And now (don't ask me how I arrived at the context), I hear it as backing music: Possibly :nws: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=554050497526469743 (skip to about 22:00)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

What's the piece of music at 7:38? I'm pretty sure it's a famous tune as I remember it from an old Commodore 64 game, but i'm drawing a total blank :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8v4IkZFW58&feature=share

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
I heard a song a while ago on a segment on radio called "Edge of the X", which plays up and coming songs and local musicians. It was on an alternative rock station, but the song was more hip/hop than rock. Had a black sounding singer. The only lyrics I can remember is the chorus, which was "dosey doe promenade", which might be parmalade, or whatever the correct spelling/pronunciation is, and the line "How much cash can an old G [grow]", where grow might be the wrong word.

It was probably a year ago that I heard this, so I'd imagine the song came out a year to a year and a half ago.

Street Sweeper Social Club - Promenade. I swear I spent a good deal of time googling this before. Using the information I posted myself it only took me a couple minutes to find this. GJ me.

Triikan fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 3, 2011

papac
Apr 8, 2009
I think this is the most appropriate thread for this:

I'm looking for a song that was uploaded on this subforum by a goon, made by himself, featuring a mix of 'whoop there it is' by tag team and a dance track. I know this isn't much help but im sure its by a big name DJ and it has wish in the title, because the name of the goon made mp3 was 'wish i was a woop' . Anyway I just transferred all my music and lost this one. worth a try asking here I thought. thanks!

I'm an idiot. http://tindeck.com/search?q=wish+i+was+a+whoop

e: whats the dance track?

papac fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 3, 2011

The Leon Hikari
Jan 6, 2007
Lollylops?
I'm looking for a song, and I know it opened up with:

"The Mushrooms is for Mario, the Kush is for Luigi
When I grow up I am I'm gonna be a genie."

The song was called "I'm @ It To Win It", but I want to know who it's by and where to find it again.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKEUD7FcfUI

Any idea where this song's from? I really like it :|

Lordpen
Jul 14, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dWf7xcMpBE 9:13 into this. I know I've heard it before.

Also check out that whole documentary, it is completely insane.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU7h9u3b5Fo 2:22 seconds into it

it's the background sample singing something like "they never give a gently caress if you're innocent"

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Dell_Zincht posted:

What's the piece of music at 7:38? I'm pretty sure it's a famous tune as I remember it from an old Commodore 64 game, but i'm drawing a total blank :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8v4IkZFW58&feature=share

Not sure about the commodore 64 reference, but this is the theme song for the Miss Marple tv show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsc84LmZ6QE Soundhound pulled that out even with all the talking over it. I'm impressed.

mistermojo posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU7h9u3b5Fo 2:22 seconds into it

it's the background sample singing something like "they never give a gently caress if you're innocent"

I can't get this one and it's driving me nuts because I know I've heard it before too outside of the song.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ShutteredIn posted:

Not sure about the commodore 64 reference, but this is the theme song for the Miss Marple tv show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsc84LmZ6QE Soundhound pulled that out even with all the talking over it. I'm impressed.

Thank you so much! I kept trying Shazam but it returned nothing.

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts
There's a sample in P.O.S.'s "Get Smokes" that I swear I've heard from something else before, but I just can't place it. It first shows up at about 0:28, it's the two-note thing that repeats four times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5b0CbRcPg I'm sure someone here knows what it is.

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
Hey everyone, I need a rap song that goes "every fuckin' day I wake up" and "ho-slayer, ball-player". The beat sounds kinda like Dam-Funk. Thanks so much!

Paradox86
Apr 30, 2005

It's pretty simple. A friend and I agreed that birds are pretty pissed that they don't have arms. We decided this should be fixed.
I have listened through 116 samples of John Phillips Sousa music to try and figure out what march Quagmire is humming at 1:20 in this clip. I am literally going mad. WHAT IS IT!? HELP.

http://www.tbs.com/video/index.jsp?oid=134786

Hijinkz
Apr 11, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Help please, thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKFJ03NliB4&t=1m

vvv whoa instant gratification... awesome, thank you!

Hijinkz fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 8, 2011

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Paradox86 posted:

I have listened through 116 samples of John Phillips Sousa music to try and figure out what march Quagmire is humming at 1:20 in this clip. I am literally going mad. WHAT IS IT!? HELP.

http://www.tbs.com/video/index.jsp?oid=134786

E.E. Bagley - National Emblem

Hijinkz posted:

Help please, thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKFJ03NliB4&t=1m

Krafty Kuts - Bring Back the Funk

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010
I'm looking for a specific song by the French singer Camille.

edit: Just kidding, I found it. It was Ta Douleur, I was misremembering it a bit :shobon:

Tshirt Ninja fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 8, 2011

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I'm gonna repost an old one of mine. I think it's about 10 years old. It's a kind of trance background song, I can't say whether or not it had lyrics. Here's my awful interpretation of the main hook on a flash keyboard app:

http://rapidshare.com/files/434572475/strings.mp3

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

I am looking for a song that my mom used to have on some lovely mix CD about 5 years ago. She doesn't even remember having that CD, so no use asking her.

I think it's from the 80s or something (it's not current), and I thought it was called "A Lover Scorned", I don't remember the artist, but it's a female singer, and I don't think it was a band name, might have just been a woman's name. It's about a woman who got hosed over by her boyfriend, and she's gonna make him pay by calling his house and work incessantly and hopes he burns in hell.

It's a nice sounding song, with vocals being the main focus, but once you listen to the lyrics, it's surprising that it isn't about nice things.

I think there's a lyric in there: "I will make you pay" and "I hope you burn". I know it's not very much to go off, but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.

I tried googling for the lyrics that I remember and the name, but all I get is Lady Antebellum and other stuff that's not it. Anyone have any idea?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Funosaurus posted:

I am looking for a song that my mom used to have on some lovely mix CD about 5 years ago. She doesn't even remember having that CD, so no use asking her.

I think it's from the 80s or something (it's not current), and I thought it was called "A Lover Scorned", I don't remember the artist, but it's a female singer, and I don't think it was a band name, might have just been a woman's name. It's about a woman who got hosed over by her boyfriend, and she's gonna make him pay by calling his house and work incessantly and hopes he burns in hell.

It's a nice sounding song, with vocals being the main focus, but once you listen to the lyrics, it's surprising that it isn't about nice things.

I think there's a lyric in there: "I will make you pay" and "I hope you burn". I know it's not very much to go off, but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.

I tried googling for the lyrics that I remember and the name, but all I get is Lady Antebellum and other stuff that's not it. Anyone have any idea?

Could it be A Lover Spurned? Similar, and roughly the right time period, but not a female singer.

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

Erebus posted:

Could it be A Lover Spurned? Similar, and roughly the right time period, but not a female singer.

Oh my god sir you are a god among men! Thank you, I have been trying to find that for quite a while now, no idea why I thought it was a lady singer.

And that video is all kinds of amazing (why is he holding on to that beer glass).

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
I'm looking for a song that I can't remember the words to but I remember part of the music video. There's a doctor with two nurses (sexy nurses?) as backup singers, the doctor is holding a giant syringe or something. It might have been animated but honestly I'm not sure. At one point the doctor is doing this kind of side-to-side dance in place.

Sorry for how vague this is but the image popped into my head and now it's bugging the hell out of me. I remember watching it on youtube so I know it's somewhere online at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I was in a Best Buy and they had a 3d hdtv set up playing various different promos. One was a music video that I thought was Enya but am now not sure. It was a woman with black hair (done up in a fancy fantasy look) in a forest singing to some approaching kids and I seem to recall the lyrics were about "A song for a new earth" or "a new world" or "preparing for another world" or something along those lines.

Whatever it is, I assumed it was Enya because it sounded like her easy listening chilled out style of music and she fit my general picture of how she looked in my head (woman with black hair) but my googling hasn't helped really find that particular song and Enya's hair seems shorter and less fancy than the woman I saw.

Anyone know what it could be?

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 9, 2011