Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Lord Commissar posted:

Just got Flying Mummy Attack. Can't wait to "swoosh" this plane!

I got that for christmas. It's great, the mummies are swooshable too :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Thanks to this thread I've been able to find the instructions for a pirate ship I had when I was a kid! :D As soon as I'm back at home, I'm going to see if I still have all the pieces!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
I wonder why Lego has released so few pirate ships the last ten or so years. The way AFOLs go nuts and snap them off the shelves, I assume ships are always profitable. Yet we've only gotten two or three since 2000. Do kids not get excited about pirates anymore, or what?

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
Theres a poo poo ton of Pirates of the Caribbean stuff coming out this summer. Hopefully this will jump start the Pirates line again after the last attempt faded away.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
The most recent pirates line was horribly overpriced. I couldn't justify plunking down $100 for a 600 piece pirate ship. That probably kept it from catching on.

Is there an actual Black Pearl set forthcoming? I didn't see mention of a ship on those leaked set lists, just a "Captain's Cabin" or some such.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Time Cowboy posted:

The most recent pirates line was horribly overpriced. I couldn't justify plunking down $100 for a 600 piece pirate ship. That probably kept it from catching on.

Is there an actual Black Pearl set forthcoming? I didn't see mention of a ship on those leaked set lists, just a "Captain's Cabin" or some such.

The Imperial Flagship was worth every penny.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

If I had enough pennies, I would have been happy to agree with you. :(

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Lord Commissar posted:

If only they could make an equally impressive Pirate ship.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Guzwar posted:

If only they could make an equally impressive Pirate ship.

The Black Seas Barracuda has already been done.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Lord Commissar posted:

Absolutely. Even better when it's on sale with free shipping AND I had a $10 LEGO rewards discount. I've spent way too much on LEGO in the course of a year...

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

And it is still awesome.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

I've spent a good hour or so re-living the past and looking at Lego Star Wars sets on eBay/Amazon. If I weren't so poor... :(

Doing this almost gave me a heart attack - My girlfriend got me two mini sets (Imps and Rebels) either last Christmas or the one before that. I found them on Amazon selling for around £20-35 and was gob-smacked that she'd spent so much on two little joke presents. Turns out that she would've got them from about £5-10 from Toys'r'Us, though.

Also, this year for Christmas my mum got me the best alarm clock ever:

Click here for the full 804x1072 image.

(My phone doesn't take very nice pictures, sorry)

Edit: In a total lack of self control, an X-Wing will arrive at my door in 3-5 working days.

Abiggoat fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 2, 2011

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So I spent the past two hours working on the X-wing.

Only to realize i had horribly misprinted directions. I figured the one wing being doubled up was an accident. (rather than doing the mirrored wings in the directions, it told me to build the same wing twice).

Then the directions skipped from page 32 to page 38, and then repeated 38-42 twice. Ooops.

Luckily the correct instructions are online, but drat, this is the biggest pain in the rear end set I've ever built. It's one of the coolest sets I've ever built, but it's a drat pain.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

More pics and a video here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maegnus/sets/72157625576543269/with/5306515433/

:hawaaaafap:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Time Cowboy posted:

Brickset is currently listing 4184 Black Pearl and 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge. If I'm reading the numbers right, the 4180s are original trilogy sets, with 4184 as the largest, and the 4190s are for the new movie, with 4195 as the largest. They're probably both large sets.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

That is incredible. I wish I had this kind of talent.

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Look what someone donated to Goodwill :monocle:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=7202969

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Just found two of the Clone Turbo Tank at Walmart for $80, down from $120.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8098-1

I wish I had the scratch to buy them for my BrickLink store. :(

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

Finally got back from the holidays - my family is awesome! Picked up a bunch of great clearance items with some Christmas money they gave me at Wal-Mart (although literally every single Wal-Mart I went to had entirely different clearance items) - 2x Midi Scale Imperial Star Destroyer for $16 each (every other Wal-Mart had them for $32 each), Prince of Persia Battle of Alamut for $35, and some of the small bagged sets at Target for $.99 each.

My wife was also kind enough to buy me Green Grocer and the Castle Advent Calendar - Green Grocer is by far the most fun I've ever had building a LEGO set.

Being able to see a completed Green Grocer as well as how it went together also has me working on my own modular building to attach - I have the general shape/layout in mind, still trying to decide exactly what the theme is going to be - thinking either hardware store or pet shop.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I got the BSB at a garage sale in '95 in a ratty, torn up box for 20bux. With every piece intact. You'd better believe I still have every single component from that son of a bitch, except for the rigging which was replaced somewhere down the line with homemade rigging my mom made. I'm halfway tempted to dig it out and build it again, but I have nowhere to put it :(

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I wish they would rerelease the Black Seas Barricuda every three or four years. My dark ages ended about a month after the last rerelease had sold out. :(

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Just saw the ninja lego set at Target. Just about dropped $80 on a bunch of the sets.

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN

Sloppy posted:

Look what someone donated to Goodwill :monocle:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=7202969

For what is arguably one of the Lego Castle holy grails, that is in loving pristine condition. Those yellow bricks look beautiful.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Can't believe Lego released the Maersk Sealand set for fifty bucks more than it used to be.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

renraku posted:

Can't believe Lego released the Maersk Sealand set for fifty bucks more than it used to be.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10155&cn=245&d=100

Holy poo poo! Still cheaper than the old ones on BL, so I suppose that's why they set the price where it is. Despite the horrible price, if that's actually still Maersk Blue, I'll buy it. I missed it the first time around.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

For those that avoid GBS, from the youtube thread comes a neat LEGO advert about a brick thief;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC0vb9XDz38

Also, I bought one of those giant Minifig heads and now it's sitting in my living room annoying the hell out of my GF. :)
My only complaint is they aren't made to stack, or I'd buy another.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
I made another trek to the lego store, this time with bump sheet in hand. I also Picked up a Camper (7639) while I was there. The shelves were pretty bare. All the Prince of Persia was marked down, the Christmas stuff is 50% off as well.

I only need 5 more to complete my series 3 collection.

I need:
Hula Girl
Elf
Fisherman
Indian

I have Spare
Gorilla - opened
Rapper - sealed -Traded

e: updated list

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 6, 2011

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
Oh hello hyper-inflated 2010 Lego budget, didn't see you there!

Sadly the Technic Motorized Excavator and Imperial Shuttle have been relegated to 2011 :(

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
You lucky bastard. I guess I could be lucky too if I stopped buying so many smaller sets :bang:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Let's have a round of applause for me, I just bought my first physical Lego set since I was in middle school!

It's the Atlantis series crab monster.

I like it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My first new set when I came back was the Mars Mission Alien Interceptor. Fun set, nice colors.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

InfinEight posted:

You lucky bastard. I guess I could be lucky too if I stopped buying so many smaller sets :bang:

Luckily I have a nephew who I can buy smaller sets for, while simultaneously satisfying my need for smaller, non-living room occupying builds.

Because he lets me help him of course.

If he knows what's good for him.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Veeb0rg posted:

I made another trek to the lego store, this time with bump sheet in hand. I also Picked up a Camper (7639) while I was there. The shelves were pretty bare. All the Prince of Persia was marked down, the Christmas stuff is 50% off as well.

I only need 5 more to complete my series 3 collection.

I need:
Hula Girl
Tennis Player
Elf
Fisherman
Indian

I have Spare
Gorilla - opened
Rapper - sealed

I want dibs on your Rapper, I am pretty sure I have a tennis player and/or an elf to trade!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

snortpocket posted:

Sadly the Technic Motorized Excavator and Imperial Shuttle have been relegated to 2011 :(

:stare: Where'd you get that Millennium Falcon?

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

snortpocket posted:

So jealous. I've never been a Technic guy, but the rest of those are awesome and I wish I had that kind of lego budget.

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

:stare: Where'd you get that Millennium Falcon?

The Denver Lego store, coincidentally on the last day they were available. That store was pretty much the only place in the country that still had any at that point, because one of their big resellers had ordered 20 or so and then backed out.

The deal was sweetened even further by the store honoring the online clearance price so I got $125 off as well :cool:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Barometer posted:

Also, I bought one of those giant Minifig heads and now it's sitting in my living room annoying the hell out of my GF. :)
My only complaint is they aren't made to stack, or I'd buy another.

I've been looking at buying one for my sorting, but it seems like the kind of thing I'd use in one big sort, then never touch again. I do have a couple questions about it, though.
How many sorting grids does it have? IIRC, the box only showed two, which isn't very good for $30-40. What size pieces do they sort?

In the money-I-didn't-need-to-spend category, I went to TRU and picked up the Ninjago white dragon thing, and the $6 impulse kit. The two playsets are a bit overpriced, so I won't consider them until there's a BOGO.5 deal or something. They have a promotion where if you spend $20 on Ninjago stuff, you get a free battle card and a card binder. I have no use for them, but I grabbed them anyway.

Also, they have all Christmas stuff for 75% off. In Lego terms, that means they had dozens upon dozens of the Christmas tree polybags (47 pieces), for $1 apiece. There was an entire endcap side-shelf filled with them, and a bin that was at least 3' deep full of them up by the register. No snowmen, though, which would have been better since they have 6 of the 1x1 bricks with the hollow stud on the side.
I had a $5 rewards coupon, so I got 5 of 'em for the hell of it.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
If there are any Australian LEGO fans reading this, Brickvention is on again! Sunday the 16th January at Melbourne Town Hall.

More details can be found on the Brickvention website.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just saw the banners for that going up.

Unfortunately I'm spending that weekend awaaaaay :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iveliosiudicium
Aug 21, 2003
Why are you looking at me like that?
I'm debating on selling all the legos I have. So if any of you goons are in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, MI and are willing to drop about $800.00 on a crap load of legos (I think a few pages back I posted a list of what I had, just minus the Star Wars sets since my brother asked for them.) I'd rather sell them to a goon first before I plop the collection on craigs list. Send me a pm, shipping would cost a ton so that's why I'd like to keep it local.