Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2137025681.html

Click here for the full 973x720 image.

My '84 pickup is somehow worth more than what it cost new. And I certainly won't include any pictures to help demonstrate it's terrific condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Armyman25 posted:

I always love the ads that try to entice you by saying "just needs X amount of dollars and it'll be worth twice as much!"

If that's the case, why doesn't the seller just do that and make the extra cash?

Like most Craigslist garbage you see, the answer is because they are terrible salesmen and think people are stupid.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Wasn't that worth something like $2M new? $300K seems like a bargain.

Edit: never mind...

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Sir Tonk posted:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2137025681.html

Click here for the full 973x720 image.

My '84 pickup is somehow worth more than what it cost new. And I certainly won't include any pictures to help demonstrate it's terrific condition.

"Never hauled anything in bed."

Makes me want to punch him.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 1, 2011

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

VideoTapir posted:

"Never hauled anything in bed."

Makes me want too punch him.

Knowing the kind of person who owns a truck as a self esteem boost but not to use as a truck, that's not the only thing he doesn't do in bed.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
No screen shots, but you're welcome to go read them if you like.

1988 1988 TOYOTA SUPRA 1988 1988 HURRY - $1000 (PORTER TX)
SUPRA SUPRA CAR ..1988 - $1000 (porter tx)
reduced!!! 1988 Toyota Supra - $1000 (porter texas)
1988 Toyota SUPRA...(Hurry Buy Now) - $1000 (Porter)

quote:

1988 TOYOTA SUPRA, NON TURBO ,AUTOMATIC, 7 MGE, TARGET TOP

THIS CAR DOES RUN!!!!

CLEAN INSIDE AN OUT..ALSO CLEAN TITLE..

IM ASKIN FOR 1000.00 THATS CHEAP! GREAT DEAL!

HURRY, CALL ME NOW!!! SERIOUS PERSON ONLY,!!!
NEEDS GONE TODAY..
WHAT ARE YOU WAITIN ON WHY ARENT U CALLING ME???

CALL STEVE...281 905 1468 (ANY HOUR)

HURRY HURRY HURRY

That's just one of them, this guy seems to be in a hurry. And really, if you're trying to sell a vehicle you might want to include a photo that is a bit more complimentary.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

TARGET TOP

Hahaha what idiots.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

That's just one of them, this guy seems to be in a hurry. And really, if you're trying to sell a vehicle you might want to include a photo that is a bit more complimentary.

I LOVE to see bad pics and dirty cars. I just bought a 99 Volvo v70 xc. The PO did maintenance but did not get any bites on an otherwise decent car because it was so dirty. Why these guys don't put minimal effort into their sales is beyond me.

Oh and a submission (or two):

EvellSnoats fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 2, 2011

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

EvellSnoats posted:

I LOVE to see bad pics and dirty cars. I just bought a 99 Volvo v70 xc. The PO did maintenance but did not get any bites on an otherwise decent car because it was so dirty. Why these guys don't put minimal effort into their sales is beyond me.

It's great for helping you get a car that might be easy enough to save with a clay bar, but goddamn it's annoying when the car is an hour away and I can't even tell if all the body panels are in the correct spot. When I was looking for the van, I was driving all around town investigating listings that had hugely misleading photos and information. Hell, one of them had the third row seat out of a Caravan in an 80's GMC van and it was just kind of sitting in there as a solution of some sort.

Buy yeah, I got a great deal on my El Camino because the pictures sucked and the paint was in terrible shape from not being waxed, but after a few days of detailing it looked awesome.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

It's great for helping you get a car that might be easy enough to save with a clay bar, but goddamn it's annoying when the car is an hour away and I can't even tell if all the body panels are in the correct spot. When I was looking for the van, I was driving all around town investigating listings that had hugely misleading photos and information. Hell, one of them had the third row seat out of a Caravan in an 80's GMC van and it was just kind of sitting in there as a solution of some sort.

Buy yeah, I got a great deal on my El Camino because the pictures sucked and the paint was in terrible shape from not being waxed, but after a few days of detailing it looked awesome.
I have learned a long time ago that if the car is meticulously detailed, then it's going to be horrendously overpriced with very little wiggle room. And that's in any price range, not just something that still under warranty.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

Like most Craigslist garbage you see, the answer is because they are terrible salesmen and think people are stupid.

I'm a big fan of the "asking $2500, but willing to take $2k :v:" idiots. As if somehow by the goodness of some buyers heart they're going to be gifted that extra $500.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.
gently caress YOU PAY ME:

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2139190761.html

What in the holy gently caress.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

multiprotocol posted:

gently caress YOU PAY ME:

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2139190761.html

What in the holy gently caress.

Click here for the full 1024x714 image.

gently caress. First of all, that's a 1968, you can tell by the vent windows, which the 69 model didn't have, also the 455 wasn't available in a 442 until 1970.

The attitude is way too much to get into as well. drat.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004

Armyman25 posted:

gently caress. First of all, that's a 1968, you can tell by the vent windows, which the 69 model didn't have, also the 455 wasn't available in a 442 until 1970.

The attitude is way too much to get into as well. drat.

"typical rust in the floor pans" I mean, yes I understand old cars sometimes have old rust, but describing it as typical is like describing a house that has rotting siding as having "typical pieces of poo poo falling off of the house". And the attitude is priceless, as well.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I dont understand how you can possibly think that coming off like an ignorant uptight rear end is going to help you sell your car.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
The hideous condition of the car distracted me from the fact that it doesn't have a steering column.

So, a basket case 442 that probably doesn't have a title and an owner with an attitude.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Too bad it's in such bad shape, that's the fairly rare 2dr sedan bodystyle, rather than the 2dr hardtop you normally see. It has a b-pillar and fixed window frames in the doors. Vent windows are correct for that body style in 1969, the interior is a mix of 68 69 and 70 parts, though.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
It's rare 'cause it's ugly. Like the post Chevelles, it just looks... wrong.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I think I recall reading somewhere that bodystyle was popular with racers because it was lighter. There's a few in this set of vintage Olds drag racing photos. Which I just found and is awesome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37383832@N08/sets/72157618564983487/

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/2103182028.html

Click here for the full 1263x832 image.

If this guy still has this and happens to be interested in a 2001 Focus wagon as a decent family car...

I loving love Comanches. Love. I've always wanted one of these, this is like a dream come true if it works out. (It won't :qq: )

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

How can you love anything with the GM 2.8?

I hope, at least, that the 4.0 is an easy swap into a Commanche.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Love is blind, okay? :colbert:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

rocket_350 posted:

the interior is a mix of 68 69 and 70 parts, though.

The interior is a mix of rust, mildew, and squirrel feces.

exhaust heat
Dec 23, 2010

by Lowtax

T1g4h posted:

Love is blind, okay? :colbert:

Be forwarned that the 2.8 is a pile of poo poo. No power and unreliable? SIGN ME UP!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

Not without a matching AX15/AW4 transmission. I too, love Commanches.

roachman14
Jun 17, 2004
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/bik/2141874502.html

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

glyph posted:

I'm a big fan of the "asking $2500, but willing to take $2k :v:" idiots. As if somehow by the goodness of some buyers heart they're going to be gifted that extra $500.

"Taking all offers over 3500"

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Newly-maintained-BMW-Priced-for-quick-sale-W0QQAdIdZ251719388

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/cto/2138818473.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

destructo posted:

What in the gently caress is the "turbo" thing on the exhaust? Also, orange spray bomb? :wtc:

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

destructo posted:

Holy shiiiiiit I can't stop laughing, this has to be a joke.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
oh god that m3 makes me so sad. :(

slidebite posted:

What in the gently caress is the "turbo" thing on the exhaust? Also, orange spray bomb? :wtc:

it looks like he just slapped a hotside on there and :effort:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

multiprotocol posted:

it looks like he just slapped a hotside on there and :effort:

My brother did this for a while on an old volvo. I think the turbo was burning oil, so instead of putting on a new turbo or switching to NA--he took off the cold side and used a clamp to hold a blockoff where the CHRA would be.

Good god it was so ugly sounding. To his credit it wasnt painted blaze orange.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

multiprotocol posted:

Is that even a real M3? The badging from the rear shot looks like it's off about 15 degrees.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

slidebite posted:

Is that even a real M3? The badging from the rear shot looks like it's off about 15 degrees.

Judging by the valve cover, it has aluminum (now bright orange) filler cap, so it at least appears to be an S50/S52.

But then it has a 4-spoke steering wheel...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Armyman25 posted:

Actually it is a 1969, and the 455 was available in 1969. But only in the Hurst cars.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

slidebite posted:

For the area and knowing how things have been going in that part of the state the last few years, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I have now found the holy grail of "this thing will certainly kill you if you try to ride it".

Austin craigslist

Banshee 600rr trade or sale - $5200 (New braunfels)

Date: 2011-01-03, 10:45AM CST
Reply to: sale-bv8at-2141261598@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

After wrecking my bike i wanted somthin on four wheels so i made this beast. Im guessin it will do about 160 mph since thats what the bike did. I have put a couple hours on it and it definately ripps with no problems. The motor is an 06 fuel injected cbr 600rr motor all harness and gauge hooked up put in a 93 banshee frame has an r1 shock to support a passenger looks awesome and is insane fast No crappy trade offers.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

APOLLO OHNO-UDIDNT
Jul 22, 2005

you can prob fix that with a little duct tape and a paper clip

*is MacGyver irl*
^^^^ holy crap that looks dangerous!

destructo posted:

:drat: That is one of this funniest things I've ever seen, and I've seen some mad tyte craigslist customs. I just picture the guy literally opening the hood, spraying directly on everything for like 60 seconds, and being like "looking good".

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

einTier posted:

I have now found the holy grail of "this thing will certainly kill you if you try to ride it".

Austin craigslist

Banshee 600rr trade or sale - $5200 (New braunfels)

Date: 2011-01-03, 10:45AM CST
Reply to: sale-bv8at-2141261598@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

After wrecking my bike i wanted somthin on four wheels so i made this beast. Im guessin it will do about 160 mph since thats what the bike did. I have put a couple hours on it and it definately ripps with no problems. The motor is an 06 fuel injected cbr 600rr motor all harness and gauge hooked up put in a 93 banshee frame has an r1 shock to support a passenger looks awesome and is insane fast No crappy trade offers.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I want a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I want a go.
One is probably all you'd get.