Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
posting this one for n8r

just got this. wanted a k bike for a while.

a little bit scratched up, but runs great.

luxury german parking!

hi n8r!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

posting this one for n8r

just got this. wanted a k bike for a while.

a little bit scratched up, but runs great.

Looks great from the sides and then I saw the front :barf:

Any plans for it yet?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
That's a K100t? I almost bought a K75 a month or so ago, but it was sold on the drive over :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

schreibs posted:

Looks great from the sides and then I saw the front :barf:
bmw calls that "faszination"

quote:

Any plans for it yet?
yeah. gonna ride it around.

blugu64 posted:

That's a K100t? I almost bought a K75 a month or so ago, but it was sold on the drive over :(
it's a k100rs. the t is the naked model i think? i rode a k75 a little once, and those are very cool bikes. maybe even nicer than the 100, all around. lighter but still with good power, and a smoother engine. the 100 is awful heavy, around 560lb. although not as topheavy as japanese equivalents, from my limited experience.

Rents
Jul 20, 2000
Forum Veteran
Me riding my MV Agusta at Philip Island late 2010 -

Mr Clownfish
Jan 1, 2010
How fast are you going when you are leaned over that far? Are you scraping you knees?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rents posted:

Any mods to the bike? People always look so goofy when they hang off on a bike with handlebars. :v:

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Z3n posted:

People always look so goofy when they hang off on a bike with handlebars. :v:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Not gonna lie, I totally wish there was scooter-racing in Australia.

Rents
Jul 20, 2000
Forum Veteran

Mr Clownfish posted:

How fast are you going when you are leaned over that far? Are you scraping you knees?

Philip Island is a fast circuit with long, sweeping corners. It suits being ridden by driving out of corners early, but already with a lot of momentum, so the speeds vary a lot through any given corner. A number of the corners have double apexes so it's difficult to answer your question without being asked about any particular spot.

Speed wise I hit 250km/h on the main straight and based on my consistent lap time the average over the circuit is 136km/h.

Anyway that's just numbers - it doesn't really matter as long as you're having fun!

Z3n posted:

Any mods to the bike? People always look so goofy when they hang off on a bike with handlebars. :v:

Ahh.. thanks for the feedback. I hope you're fast enough (advanced track speed) to say that? Geez.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Rents posted:

Woah, another MV rider. I think you and I are the only MV owners on the forums. Mine is an original 750cc F4 just when they went to the 2 radiator variant.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 3, 2011

Rents
Jul 20, 2000
Forum Veteran

Yuns posted:

Woah, another MV rider. I think you and I are the only MV owners on the forums. Mine is an original 750cc F4 just when they went to the 2 radiator variant.

Nice! Are you excited about the F3? I'm certainly getting one.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Rents posted:

Ahh.. thanks for the feedback. I hope you're fast enough (advanced track speed) to say that? Geez.
Z3n races.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rents posted:

Sorry, no offense meant. :shobon: You can see me doing the contortions needed to get knee down on a bike with handlebars in my avatar, and I noticed the same thing riding knee down on my DRZ400SM.

Content, the only motorcycle left in my garage :(

Edit: I'm intensely jealous if you're getting an f3.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 3, 2011

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

-Inu- posted:

Z3n crashes.

Fixed this. :thurman:

Rents
Jul 20, 2000
Forum Veteran

Z3n posted:

Sorry, no offense meant. :shobon: You can see me doing the contortions needed to get knee down on a bike with handlebars in my avatar, and I noticed the same thing riding knee down on my DRZ400SM.

Content, the only motorcycle left in my garage :(

(pic)

Edit: I'm intensely jealous if you're getting an f3.

No offense taken. Nice Gulf colours on your bike!

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

PuntCuncher posted:

Went for a ride, some friends took some pick-chers. (my hosting)

2010 Triumph Street Triple R. Stock as a rock for now.

How much did you pick that up for? (If you don't mind telling)

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Poor little YBR in the rain/hail/rubbish weather :(

Click here for the full 1192x835 image.

and my awesome off street parking :c00l:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Open Layer posted:

It looks like it's just waiting for it's foxhole to be rushed. Poor bike. :ohdear:

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!
Openlayer you need to build a ramp up those stairs next!

Just going through some pictures from 2010, here's one from Scotland

[working title] fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 5, 2011

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

I'll share a pic of what this part of the world can look like, taken before I got my wee trooper(she'll survive in the foxhole, which is now what that path is called, thanks Z3n)

Click here for the full 1222x854 image.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Open Layer posted:

That parking spot owns hard.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

e: derp i fail at three dimensions.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap
Some of you may remember my old CBR250. Unfortunately it was stolen a few months ago :( I had insurance on it so it was more of an inconvenience than anything.

Fast forward 2 months and I picked this up today (my friend's CBR250 in the background) Not sure if I like the sound of the Jardine yet - it might grow on me or I might end up replacing it with something else.

The Sydney goons took the news well:

quote:

[18:53] <kyon> deposit down on a gsxr :X
[18:54] <@Smirk> gonna be a star on your gsxr
[18:54] <@upsidedown> are you selling your gear at the same time? :P
[18:54] <@Smirk> :V
[18:54] <@Smirk> don't worry, he's keeping his gloves
[18:54] <@Here4DaGangbang> Thongs and singlet top, yayyy

Kyon fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 6, 2011

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've ridden a 600 with that Jardine, it's way to loud. I'm OK with loud sport bikes but that thing hurts around 35 MPH in town. Looks the business though.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap

Spiffness posted:

I've ridden a 600 with that Jardine, it's way to loud. I'm OK with loud sport bikes but that thing hurts around 35 MPH in town. Looks the business though.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it at the moment. It's marginally better with the silencer in, but I need to do some research on some other exhausts.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.

Kyon posted:

GEEEEEESXR

Nice upgrade, now all you need to do is come on some rides with us!

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sw0cb posted:

How much did you pick that up for? (If you don't mind telling)

Er.. wish I could remember... $14,300, $14,400, something like that? I'm the worst book-keeper alive, sorry mate.

On another note, some friends and I decided to go and ride dirt bikes and be clowns on our street bikes over the weekend, although I'm not in any of these pictures, we all spent time on each of the bikes (the backpackers don't count).

Click to embiggen!

PuntCuncher fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 9, 2011

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

My dad just picked up this Yamaha Maxim 750 over the weekend for $400. He works with a woman and it was her husband's who passed away. Just needs a battery and the carbs cleaned. It's been sitting for 6 years. Shade under 10,000 on the clock. I think he got a steal.

Click here for the full 640x478 image.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I was just thinking about a couple of my old rides today.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

I wonder where they are now, the BMW sitting in a shed collecting dust on it's baffling turn signal controls? Has the ZX6R finally been down for good? Perhaps taking another perfectly good chunk of leg with it once again. And my old ZX600C, does it still not run, just like it always did when I owned it?

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I have nothing to add except that I pay ~£200/year on my Bandit 600 as a 24-year old male with no previous riding experience :smug:
What. The. gently caress.
I'm 23 and the cheapest I could get for my ER6 was ~£400 on TPF&T

2009 Kawasaki ER6n (I think it's called the Ninja 650 in the US). Bought it at the end of November, just in the time for the snow. It's my first proper bike and I'm loving it so far!

Unfortunately managed to drop it at the weekend. I was about 60 seconds down the road on an icy morning, it was probably about 1oC. I came to a junction and checked right, left, ri-OH JESUS WHERE DID THAT SUV COME FROM. I touched the front brake which was enough to lose the front wheel. I was only rolling at about 1 mph and basically laid it down so only got a few scratches to show for it. Cold tires, icy road, inexperienced rider = :(

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Forty Two posted:

Cold tires, icy road, inexperienced rider = :(

The second reason is all you need really. Don't ride when ice.

Also, cool ride!

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Piaggio Fly 150 (please pardon the dirty floorboard and the not-so-pristine locale). It may not be a "real bike" (it is to me and the state of Louisiana, drat it!) but it has two wheels, it's my primary mode of transportation, and I think she's pretty. I'm super lucky to live where it almost never freezes or snows, so winter riding isn't a problem, and I ride pretty much rain or shine. I get around quite well anywhere except major highways, so I'm not really limited to the city as long as I plan my route or know the area.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Modern scooters look pretty cool, honestly. I secretly lust after one of the Aprilia racing scoots. :ohdear:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Forty Two posted:

2009 Kawasaki ER6n (I think it's called the Ninja 650 in the US).
Nah, we get the ER6n as the ER6n. The Ninja 650 is what you have as the ER6f.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zool posted:

I wonder where they are now, the BMW sitting in a shed collecting dust on it's baffling turn signal controls?

i just got my first k bike, and every time i push one of those turn buttons, or especially the turn cancel button, i think "why? why do this?"

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Z3n posted:

Modern scooters look pretty cool, honestly. I secretly lust after one of the Aprilia racing scoots. :ohdear:

I'm not a huge fan of most modern scooter styles, but the Fly sort of has this nice balance between classic and modern styling. No need for secrets about Aprilias, Aprilia scooters are so seriously sexy they make me drool. A friend of mine bought a Scarabeo 200 a few months after I bought my Fly and I was pretty jealous, but Aprilias are on the pricey side, and I'm still in love with my Fly.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

i just got my first k bike, and every time i push one of those turn buttons, or especially the turn cancel button, i think "why? why do this?"

When I first rode a boxer on the street, I thought I would get used to it.

But no, years later it's still loving stupid.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Upgraded today from a 2005 KLR to a 2005 KTM 640 SM.

Having only ever ridden the KLR with a 21 inch front wheel, I can't believe how well this bike handles.

I'm really happy with the deal I got on this bike, it's in immaculate condition and has fairly low K's on it. It has an Akrapovic exhaust which sounds great but is annoyingly loud after a while. Gonna try it with the baffles in on the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

upsidedown posted:

Upgraded today from a 2005 KLR to a 2005 KTM 640 SM.

Having only ever ridden the KLR with a 21 inch front wheel, I can't believe how well this bike handles.

I'm really happy with the deal I got on this bike, it's in immaculate condition and has fairly low K's on it. It has an Akrapovic exhaust which sounds great but is annoyingly loud after a while. Gonna try it with the baffles in on the weekend.

drat, this is exactly what I wanted to do. Except there are 0 supermotos for sale anywhere near me, and my KLR hasn't sold.

You're living my dream.

def snow leppard fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 12, 2011