Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
It snowed over christmas, so I had to improvise a coat for Dexter:

This is Dexter at the vet's office last Friday. 8 months old to the day, and weighed in at 97.8 lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Did the purebread cat thread disappear? I snapped this picture of my kittyloaf just now:

Charlie was feeling poorly over Christmas :( He peed on the dog's bed twice, and threw up a few times, and was otherwise miserable. Unfortunately this is not terribly unusual for him, poor guy. We figured out that he was just very constipated, so I made a slurry of canned pumpkin and tuna water for him and now he is a happy camper.

After the whole episode he smelled super gross, and wound up getting a bath and being very grumpy about it. No pictures of wet grumpycat, though.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

RazorBunny posted:

Did the purebread cat thread disappear?

Yep. There is a "Post Your Cat" thread in PYF, though. People kept on posting dogs and just regular pictures of cats so it got the axe.

Here's a recent picture of our cats bathing one another.

SuperLobster
Oct 10, 2003

An average crustacean one day blessed with incredible powers!
Meet Brutus. He's a 10-week-old German Shepherd. We think, judging from the size of his paws, that he is going to be a big boy.

Bonus Pic of him and my other dog. She is still grasping the fact that he needs sleep time after playing.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

This Post Sucks posted:

It snowed over christmas, so I had to improvise a coat for Dexter:

Should have popped the collar on this one, bro. Love this pic.

Here is Trophy completely not helping set up the Christmas tree this year.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

bamzilla posted:

Here's a recent picture of our cats bathing one another.

I like how whenever you look at cats who are doing this they look back at you like "What?".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zash
Mar 30, 2010

COMPTUERS
I currently have one pet. She's a 9 month old German Shepherd named Belle.

Here she is as a puppy (right after we got her)...

And here she is a couple of months later!

Here she is stealing my computer chair...

I'm currently training her to be as lazy as possible. Here are some current pictures of her sleeping.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
Here is my weirdass cat Frank:

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/89fa58828762cae793628e837e52059097894a4f/IMG_0049[1].jpg[/img]

Taken last night. His tongue is always like that.

He's old as hell and I love him. :3:

HighClassSwankyTime
Jan 16, 2004

gandhichan posted:

Here is my weirdass cat Frank:

He's old as hell and I love him. :3:

Why'd you name your cat Frank?

Dameon
Aug 17, 2004

This isn't Jesus in flannel.
Teebee Dee

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Pepper: Half-Chihuahua/Half-Miniature Pinscher

Only registered members can see post attachments!

photogurl
Jan 1, 2011
Buttons: Himalayan with a tude

Layla: The vet thinks Lab/Redbone Hound mix aka Buttons mortal enemy

Vartiter
Nov 15, 2008
I have Dachshunds!

This is Pixie.

And this is her son, Link.

And here's them together:

vomit-orchestra
Aug 6, 2008

Don't be ridiculous. We're flamingos. And good ones.
My 7 week old ratties Punkrock and Sudafed

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Sudafed likes it down my shirt.

And my puppy :3:

Not much of a puppy, being 4 years old :p

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This cat is our guest at the moment. He's my girlfriends moms cat. We took him in because christ, her mom left him alone with a big pile of food and water for a week, we found out and went there and fed him and kept him company a few times that time.

Then we found out she was planning to do it again! Thats when we took the cat to us, so now he gets to hang out with our cat, who also could use some company.

He's making himself at home, took this when he just jumped up and plonked himself down on my desktop while I was doing some cleaning work.

Some Like it Scott
Jun 25, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JESUS!!!
Just put down the cash for this little guy on Friday. He's a six week old mini dachshund. We haven't thought of a name yet. Any suggestions?

Some Like it Scott fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 5, 2011

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
IBelongWithMyMotherForAtLeast2MoreWeeks hmm doesn't quite roll off though

Some Like it Scott
Jun 25, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JESUS!!!

Fiskiggy posted:

IBelongWithMyMotherForAtLeast2MoreWeeks hmm doesn't quite roll off though

Well, he was born on November 13, so however long that is. And, we don't actually get to take him home until January 17, so two more weeks.

Some Like it Scott fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 5, 2011

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

RazorBunny posted:

Did the purebread cat thread disappear?

Aw too bad, I was just looking for it to post this fantastic Arm of the Chair Loaf, I guess I'll just put it here then :)

Lestat's such a dummy and follows me around everywhere, all day, unless he is sleeping :3:

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Look, since people can't follow simple rules (found on the first page), here are the new rules simplified even more:

POST PICTURES OF YOUR PETS
NO PICTURE? NO DISCUSSION! Responses to photos are fine, just include another picture of your pet.
NO TROLLING

General forum rules in regards to picture sizes still apply.

If you've got a problem with someone's pet, PM them about it. If you want to know more about someone's pet, PM them about it. If you or the person you want to contact doesn't have PM capabilities here on the forums, then I guess you'll just have to hold it in and spontaneously combust, or check their profile to see if they have AIM or something.

Here is Blue, she's our old lady cat and also the alpha. Don't gently caress with her.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 4, 2011

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I got a new/free couch to round out my little computer room and make it so I could live in there if need be :lol: Ed has really taken to it and sits there when I'm in my computer chair. Or maybe she just really likes Top Gear?

She is so goddamn fuzzy.

And she is passionately in love with a banana.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Abbeh posted:

TSOPWAGSOP (this series of pictures was a good series of pictures)

My kid was sick last week. Trophy helped.

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Abbeh posted:

AHAHAHA holy god these are awesome

Jack would like you to know that he is NOT TIRED

Here he is tolerating our foster kitty:

kissyboots13
Feb 16, 2010

WHY is this HAPPENING to me?!
This is hairy Zoey, a poodle/golden mix (I've been told that the term 'Goldendoodle is spat upon here in PI).

Click here for the full 640x428 image.

This is a poor, humiliated shaved Zoey

Click here for the full 720x482 image.

This is a hairy Abby, another poodle/golden mix

Click here for the full 640x428 image.

And this is poor, humiliated shaved Abby

Click here for the full 720x482 image.

Finally...this is Pùca, the fartiest kitten ever.

Click here for the full 720x431 image.

Click here for the full 720x431 image.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Those are some good looking dogs. Nice and trim, and out of the multitude of "doodle" coats, that's the coat type I prefer. If I ever had one of those dogs I'd never cut their hair. Shaggy dogs all the way.

Content:

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe

captaingimpy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 23, 2012

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Some Like it Scott posted:

Just put down the cash for this little guy on Friday. He's a six week old mini dachshund. We haven't thought of a name yet. Any suggestions?

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

Dachshunds are the best hunds. Thats Little Bit as a puppy. The best name would probably be Shithead. I babysit another one named Spanky who is a short-haired dapple. I never thought I would like a small dog but somehow I got stuck with Bitty. Hes only 7 lbs and loves playing with my dads mastiff (shes 120). He grew up with 2 pitbulls and loved playing with them too. Now he's in Colorado and doesnt care that theres snow on the ground and its 0F, he just wants his BALL RIGHT NOW OH GOD THROW IT! He sleeps with me every night and he loves sleeping behind the knees or along your side.

Anyways he's my buddy and I love Dachshunds. They have a great personality but PLEASE PLEASE socialize him. Bitty rode around in my roommates purse for weeks meeting everyone and every dog he could. Now he loves people so much, he sits around and waits, on the watch for an unsuspecting lap to appear and give him the chance to pounce! I feel so guilty to leave him alone even for an hour because he just loves people and being part of a pack so much. That is, until I found out he knows how to open his crate the second I leave. He doesnt even pretend anymore and runs in and grab toys I close in there to prevent the bigger dogs from tearing up. He also has the coldest nose ever. Anytime you have a book or laptop or your lap is otherwise taken up he makes sure to use his nose to maximum effect.

Sorry about the post I just love my buddy. I was never really a dog lover or had met an animal I connected with until I got him. If you have any questions or want to know anything I would be more than happy to help. Vartiter, your wieners are gorgeous as well.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Here is Fluffy, or, as I like to call him, Fluff Bucket.
Unfortunately, my camera decided to focus on the cat-friendly couch instead of him, but you can still see his mass of fluff.
I also now realize I should have called him Cartman, because he is an rear end in a top hat and is big boned.

Here he is being a jerk and waiting for pets.

Here are my other two cats pissed off at the camera flash.
Butters on the left and Kittay on the right.

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010
This is Maggie, she likes to CHEW. Everytime she chews a toy, I picture Anne Burell's voice saying CHEWCHEWCHEW.

And here's Sylvester, being a space cadet with a shopping bag. He'd rather put his head in them than play on top of them.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I've posted Farlow in the mutts thread and a few others. We think she was born in early October putting her at ~12-13 weeks, but we aren't really sure. Some breed guesses are Lab, German Shepherd, Akita, etc. Here's some pictures I took today.

She loves pinecones almost as much as rawhides

She also loves playing with Honey, our 4 year old Westie

Though sometimes she likes to pretend not to

But she's a puppy so that lasted all of 6 seconds

HEY I JUST SAW A THING OVER THERE MOVE!!

Time to go back inside

And take a nap with Honey and Kipsie, our 8 year old Scottie

pik_d fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 7, 2011

DWK
Sep 18, 2009

pik_d posted:

That is one CUTE puppy.

Here's my bundle of trouble loving a belly rub from my daughter. She's the only one he goes really silly and floppy for.

kissyboots13
Feb 16, 2010

WHY is this HAPPENING to me?!

a life less posted:

Those are some good looking dogs. Nice and trim, and out of the multitude of "doodle" coats, that's the coat type I prefer. If I ever had one of those dogs I'd never cut their hair. Shaggy dogs all the way.

Content:

Thanks! Technically they're my parents, who now live far away so I don't get to see them anymore. They have the best temperament too. We had to shave them because their fur got matted and the summertime was coming up, but they're getting closer to full shagginess now!

Puppy! They didn't get super shaggy and fluffy until about a year.

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

Abbeh posted:

I almost fell out of my chair at work laughing at this. SO SENSUAL.

Also, I'm pretty sure I am head over heels in love with Farlow.

Now for a Wayne and Garth update! The best buds are snuggling in their little squishy leopard box. I love my boys so much.

King Singh
Feb 24, 2006
Here is my crazy little calico just chillin on the piano..

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

This is Fargo.

His mom was an American bulldog from a breeder and Dad was "whatever got through the fence." We got him from the breeder as a pup since she couldn't make money off him. Pretty awesome, pint-sized (40 lb) 3-yr old in that photo.

Last year we got Rosielita Ford as a rescue.

I guess she's the "undesirable" wooly Siberian variety. She's small for a husky (I think, 45 lbs?), but was used to being Top Dog of her household and still very much a work in progress.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Condi is the master at begging.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Also belly rubs

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Grantaire
Jul 16, 2009

oh what a world
You may think your cat is the best but you're wrong because Sterling is the best cat.

She needs to be on my lap at all times, spoons next to me at night without vomiting or being annoying, and I taught her to sit up on her hind legs when I say "sit". :colbert: Also she both likes and encourages tummy rubs.

akx.corvus
May 9, 2009

Show you the universe

This is Krista and what she looked like when I got her. Yeah, scrabies isn't very nice :c She was really really skinny, and no one wanted to buy her from the local kennel because her coat wasn't perfectly symmetrical. Also she looked like that.

But then (after ages of rubbing sulfur ointment all over here) she got better :)

Then she started digging stuff. Lots of it.

And being cute as hell all of the time-

and getting rubs and cuddles in the yard.

eating lots of snow as well, of course.

Oh doggy I love you.

akx.corvus fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 8, 2011

bienc
Mar 31, 2007
With a mild touch...
"Rumble", clearly the best Staffy ever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change