Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Finally picked up some Series 3 figs.
Need Hula, Elf, Gorilla, Indian, and Blacktron

Have extras of Sumo, Pilot, and Alien. Also extras of every S2 figure (pretty sure).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
Just pulled the trigger on the Maersk Container Ship. I read from a few sources that it does indeed use Maersk Blue so that was pretty much the tipping point for me.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I am now only in need of a S3 Fisherman.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
So I bought Flying Mummy Attack yesterday and I love the plane. Especially the RAF symbols, which caused me to do what I almost never do and actually apply the stickers.
But there is one thing that bugs me about it.
How is the pilot supposed to see where he is going? It's just a solid wall in front of the cockpit.
(I do realize how silly it is to bring up BTW)

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Flavor Bear posted:

How is the pilot supposed to see where he is going? It's just a solid wall in front of the cockpit.
It is a bad piece of design. I've seen a minor conversion where the centre part of the upper wing was replaced with a plain 4x4 plate, and the struts for the wings were also raised by 1 plate. This leaves the area in fromt of the windscreen clear without changing the proportions too much.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

My family has scheduled a vacation to Disneyland at the end of March. I kinda wanna visit Legoland while I'm down there, but I had no idea it cost loving $70 for adults and $60 for kids, for one day, one park (no Sea Life kids' aquarium or water park). We're only down there for less than a week, and I don't think my niece is into Lego enough, and no one else would want to spend the cash to go there, which means it'd pretty much just be me. As such, I'd skip all the rides and just look at stuff and shop. The shopping pass only gives you an hour, and I could probably spend 3 hours just doing PAB.
Would it be a waste of money for me to go alone?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I'd rather buy you a few PAB cups next time I fly back east. As much as I love the PAB wall, paying $70 before you even get in isn't worth it (unless the shopping pass is less, but it sounds like you hafta pay $70 just to get in at all).

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Plus, isn't it like a 2+ hour drive from Anaheim to San Diego?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

InfinEight posted:

I'd rather buy you a few PAB cups next time I fly back east. As much as I love the PAB wall, paying $70 before you even get in isn't worth it (unless the shopping pass is less, but it sounds like you hafta pay $70 just to get in at all).

The shopping pass involves them putting a hold on your card for admission price, then removing it if you return within an hour. And if you spend $20 in a store, you get your parking comped.
I regularly go to the Lego store in Bellevue, so I have access to normal PAB, but I wanted to try out the by-the-pound PAB.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Plus, isn't it like a 2+ hour drive from Anaheim to San Diego?

Google maps tells me it's 60-90ish minutes, and I think it's closer to the airport we're using.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

The shopping pass involves them putting a hold on your card for admission price, then removing it if you return within an hour. And if you spend $20 in a store, you get your parking comped.
I regularly go to the Lego store in Bellevue, so I have access to normal PAB, but I wanted to try out the by-the-pound PAB.

Ahh, that doesn't sound that bad. I've driven that far to a Lego store before, and even with the increased people traffic I bet you could be in and out within an hour. I say go for it.

Kill Whitey
Dec 27, 2010

Be provocative, be organized.
Man, I loved LEGO's. It's been a very long time, but in my childhood I played sets like the Pirates, the Knights (with the wolf pack), and there was the badass underwater dudes with the clear orange helmets.

Who knows what has happened to the thousands of pieces I had in a big plastic container. They're probably decomposing in a landfill somewhere. I did have one brief stint a few years back where I discovered some of the LEGO's that hadn't been disposed of. I was unemployed at the time, and when everyone else left the house I would break out the legos and build castles and have big battles between two factions I imagined up. It was pretty cool.

Substar
Jan 21, 2001

So the Series 3 Minifigs. I've bought 36 of these stupid sets (since I can't use the barcode trick on these) and have all of them but the archer Robin Hood guy.

I have duplicates of the following:

Gorilla
Mummy
Rapper
Fisherman
Hula Girl
Snowboard Girl
Sumo Wrestler
Samurai

Does anyone want to trade an archer for one of those?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Substar posted:

So the Series 3 Minifigs. I've bought 36 of these stupid sets (since I can't use the barcode trick on these) and have all of them but the archer Robin Hood guy.

Gorilla
Mummy
Rapper
Fisherman
Hula Girl
Snowboard Girl
Sumo Wrestler
Samurai

If by archer you mean elf then I will take your fisherman! PM me!

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

My family has scheduled a vacation to Disneyland at the end of March. I kinda wanna visit Legoland while I'm down there, but I had no idea it cost loving $70 for adults and $60 for kids, for one day, one park (no Sea Life kids' aquarium or water park). We're only down there for less than a week, and I don't think my niece is into Lego enough, and no one else would want to spend the cash to go there, which means it'd pretty much just be me. As such, I'd skip all the rides and just look at stuff and shop. The shopping pass only gives you an hour, and I could probably spend 3 hours just doing PAB.
Would it be a waste of money for me to go alone?

In case you didn't know there actually is a Lego Store literally right next to Disneyland. Its on that road(my memory is failing me on what they call it) with all the stores next to Disneyland. I believe its right next to the movie theater there, near the end. Though its not as big as the one down by Legoland it still has PAB and, it'll save you a long drive and entrance fees. I also don't remember Legoland costing so much, maybe its just to non-californian residents. I remember a cousin went there for around 20 dollars each, but that might have been some special coupon.

edit: Forgot to add that, though the Lego Store near Disneyland has a PAB section, its only a small corner compared to Legoland's huge selection. But the store is still worth visiting if you have spare time before/during/after your visit at Disneyland!

edit 2: Remembered its called Downtown Disney, just had a flashback of buying a set there a couple years back.

Crazy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 8, 2011

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

Crazy Pigeon posted:

In case you didn't know there actually is a Lego Store literally right next to Disneyland. Its on that road(my memory is failing me on what they call it) with all the stores next to Disneyland. I believe its right next to the movie theater there, near the end. Though its not as big as the one down by Legoland it still has PAB and, it'll save you a long drive and entrance fees. I also don't remember Legoland costing so much, maybe its just to non-californian residents. I remember a cousin went there for around 20 dollars each, but that might have been some special coupon.

edit: Forgot to add that, though the Lego Store near Disneyland has a PAB section, its only a small corner compared to Legoland's huge selection. But the store is still worth visiting if you have spare time before/during/after your visit at Disneyland!

edit 2: Remembered its called Downtown Disney, just had a flashback of buying a set there a couple years back.

Downtown Disney is in Florida with Disney WORLD...they're talking about DisneyLAND, which is in California.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Substar posted:

Gorilla
Mummy
Rapper
Fisherman
Hula Girl
Snowboard Girl
Sumo Wrestler
Samurai

Hah. I impulse-bought a minifig a couple of months back and that's the one I got, the only one in my collection. I'm in the UK though so I doubt that's much use to you.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

They are building a LEGO store in my hometown. This will make me homeless, but at least I will have enough bricks to build a nice shanty.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
Hurray, I finished something! This is the last goddamn time I build something with white and black, I hate my camera.

more

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

afflictionwisp posted:

:awesome:

Wow that's really nice, wish I had the motivation/patience to actually do something neat with the ££££s of LEGO in my garage :(

e: Well I totally forgot what the awesome smiley was.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Mascot posted:

Downtown Disney is in Florida with Disney WORLD...they're talking about DisneyLAND, which is in California.

Incorrect. Yes, Disneyworld does have a Downtown Disney, but so does Disneyland. It's connected from the Downtown Disney parking lot, which allows you 3 hours free parking, and 5 if you get validated at a restaurant, all the way to the entrance of the park. The LEGO Store is on the side much closer to the parking lot, and is awesome because they are super nice, incredibly helpful and give a 10% discount on all purchases to Disneyland annual pass holders.

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard

Click here for the full 600x450 image.

Haven't touched my LEGO in a few months, made some little guys for fun this morning.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
I finally managed to go to the other Lego store in my area. I got all the other S3 Minifig's I needed. The Guys on staff even went in back and pulled a new case to find me the fisherman I needed.

I also got me a christmas stocking and 7566 *small farmer set with the pig* just for fun.

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 9, 2011

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Having some fun with that new crowbar:

Ingraman posted:

Click here for the full 600x450 image.

Haven't touched my LEGO in a few months, made some little guys for fun this morning.

These are pretty neat, makes me wanna try some smaller mechs for fun.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Since I don't have any LEGOs here to build with (yet) I was on youtube looking for cool things to build out of LEGO like clocks. Stumbled across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPVCJjTNgk

Looks like you can pretty much build anything out of LEGO if you break it down into simpler elements/parts.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

Having some fun with that new crowbar:

I can't find that little police set in any brick and mortar store :argh:
Is it an online only thing?

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Flavor Bear posted:

I can't find that little police set in any brick and mortar store :argh:
Is it an online only thing?

I saw it at Wal-Mart last week.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah, I got mine at Wal-Mart but I've also seen it at Toys R Us.

On another note, the new V-Wing fighter is $20. I was hoping for $15 :(

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I don't recognize the headcrab bit, what exactly is it?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Isn't it the hood ornament from the lunar limo?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Bluemillion posted:

Isn't it the hood ornament from the lunar limo?

Yup.

What's Gordon's torso from, though? One of the Exoforce sets? Don't think I have that head, either, which I'll need to get before S4's out...

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah, Lunar Limo hood ornament (which screamed 'headcrab' to me the second I saw it), Exo-Force Torso, and the head is from some City set. None of them are a perfect fit, but I think they're close enough for fun.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

S3 is still nowhere to be found but on the plus side Ninjago is out in my area. I grabbed the two smaller sets today. The new skeleton body is really great! They're also a pretty cheap way to add more tree and greenery style bricks to a collection. Plus tons of weapons both classic stuff and new parts like the huge bones that axes and stuff clip on to.

Probably gonna grab the skeleton chopper and the training dojo soon because the line also seems pretty affordable. Even the big awesome skeleton lair is only 69.99.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Travis343 posted:

Probably gonna grab the skeleton chopper and the training dojo soon because the line also seems pretty affordable. Even the big awesome skeleton lair is only 69.99.

That's still about $20 more than it should be, with the $.10/part ratio. Same goes for the Scorpion Pyramid from Pharaoh's Quest. Even the Creator sets seem to be getting stingier with the ratio.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

afflictionwisp posted:

Hurray, I finished something! This is the last goddamn time I build something with white and black, I hate my camera.

more

Hell yeah.

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

Found some brand new boxes of S3 figs at Target in their Valentine's section. Don't ask me.

Anyway, they're starting to show up out there, so that's somewhere else to look!

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003
I finally found some S3 in the UK today in Argos.
Also they had a poster for them at Smiths, but no figures.

I picked 15 at semi-random.
I don't know if it is just this box but on about half you couldn't see the identifier bumps at all and they were very, very faint on the rest.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

toochilled posted:

I finally found some S3 in the UK today in Argos.
Also they had a poster for them at Smiths, but no figures.

I picked 15 at semi-random.
I don't know if it is just this box but on about half you couldn't see the identifier bumps at all and they were very, very faint on the rest.

yeah, I gave up on the bumps and just started feeling the bags.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I replied to Pyroclastic privately, but at the time I had not actually used the giant Minifig head LEGO sorter. So, in case anyone else wanted to see what parts get dropped down I took a couple photos;

The top, and the first layer holes (with Sorting Wizard)

Click here for the full 1888x1258 image.

Then the end result (the top is under the middle, far right, here);

Click here for the full 1888x1258 image.

Really, I don't know that I'd suggest it for sorting. In small amounts it would work well, even though it's pretty large, but the shaking method of dropping them down leads to many of them not dropping down when there are a bunch of them, and the longer parts may not fall at all.

However, I do suggest buying one if you have forty bucks to spare and want to have an awesome giant Minifig head on display. :)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

downfall posted:

Found some brand new boxes of S3 figs at Target in their Valentine's section. Don't ask me.

Anyway, they're starting to show up out there, so that's somewhere else to look!

Whereabouts is this valentine's section? The seasonal corner at all the Targets by me is currently a Sams Club-bulk quantities event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Mascot posted:

I'm pretty sure I don't live 15 minutes away from Florida...
Anyways a couple friends and I decided to all just get two random sets each, and build something using all of the pieces included in both sets. It's pretty fun to do and the end results are surprising sometimes. I'll post back in a couple hours and see what I get with my 2 sets.

edit: Beaten to it already. That's what I get for not reading before posting I suppose

Crazy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 11, 2011