Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TheJoker138 posted:

Nah, there's not enough shots of his balls for him to be Lundgren Punisher.

*Removes The Punisher from netflix queue*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.
TheJoker138 was exaggerating; you only see his rear end. The movie is still worth seeing at least once.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

KOraithER posted:

TheJoker138 was exaggerating; you only see his rear end. The movie is still worth seeing at least once.

Well, if it's the ideal Dolph Lundgren movie it would be crime fighting, full penetration, crime fighting, full penetration, crime fighting, full penetration, and then it just kinda... ends.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KOraithER posted:

No I'm not. When he's meditating in the sewer the first time you can totally see his balls hanging down. Trust me, I've inspected the footage very closely...:gay:

In all seriousness though it's only for a second, and the movie pretty much kicks rear end, if not as a Punisher movie, as a low budget 80's action movie. There is a scene where Dolph Lundgren rides up an elevator the door opens, and there's like, 20 ninjas. Then he just shoots all the ninjas with an M-16 and moves on to the next room.

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

There is a scene where Dolph Lundgren rides up an elevator the door opens, and there's like, 20 ninjas. Then he just shoots all the ninjas with an M-16 and moves on to the next room.

Added to Netflix queue. I'm a big fan of bad '80s action movies AND comic books so I can't think why I haven't already seen this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Humanoid Female posted:

Added to Netflix queue. I'm a big fan of bad '80s action movies AND comic books so I can't think why I haven't already seen this.

It's got a ton of quotable lines too...

Cop: How long can a man live after you've TORN HIS HEART OUT!?!?

Dolph: A long...time...

AND

Other cop: What the gently caress do you call 125 murders in 5 years?

Dolph: Work in progress.

Those are just two. It's full of that kind of thing, it's great.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
If I remember right, it has him blowing up some dude with an R/C car bomb. Just drives that sucker right under the car and Kablooey C4. Then, when everybody is scrambling around he hops on a chopper and rides off into the mist.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TheJoker138 posted:

Other cop: What the gently caress do you call 125 murders in 5 years?

Dolph: Work in progress.

Alright, that's a pretty good Punisher line.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Alright, that's a pretty good Punisher line.

I think it gets a lot of hate that it doesn't deserve, just cause he doesn't wear the skull on his chest. He still has it on his knives, he just doesn't wear the shirt. Although in the original script, he was supposed to spray paint that poo poo onto a bulletproof vest before the final shoot out scene, but the movie changed it so he said no to the vest, cause he doesn't give a poo poo if he dies or not, so that went out the window. I've always liked it, and I don't get why more people don't like back on it with fond memories.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
It's stupid just because there's no logically reason for him NOT to have the skull. It would have taken 5 minutes and $2 in the costume department. It is the most sensible of superhero costumes because it doesn't really look ridiculous at all. It was a conscious choice by the film makers and I've never understood it.

Elijya fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 15, 2010

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

TheJoker138 posted:

I think it gets a lot of hate that it doesn't deserve, just cause he doesn't wear the skull on his chest. He still has it on his knives, he just doesn't wear the shirt. Although in the original script, he was supposed to spray paint that poo poo onto a bulletproof vest before the final shoot out scene, but the movie changed it so he said no to the vest, cause he doesn't give a poo poo if he dies or not, so that went out the window. I've always liked it, and I don't get why more people don't like back on it with fond memories.

At the time didn't the Punisher refuse to wear body armor in the comic?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Elijya posted:

It's stupid just because there's no logically reason for him NOT to have the skull. It would have taken 5 minutes and $2 in the costume department. It is the most sensible of superhero costumes because it doesn't really look ridiculous at all. It was a conscious choice by the film makers and I've never understood it.

The thing is, fanboys bitched about it looking stupid in the one movie where he did wear it in all it's glory though. I remember there was no end to the bitching about how he looked in the Tom Jane movie. Then that piece of poo poo War Zone made it so faded you could barely even see it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw this in the badass thread, and it made me think of something like this. Not entirely happy with it though.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

TheJoker138 posted:

The thing is, fanboys bitched about it looking stupid in the one movie where he did wear it in all it's glory though. I remember there was no end to the bitching about how he looked in the Tom Jane movie. Then that piece of poo poo War Zone made it so faded you could barely even see it.

War Zone was a great movie, though :confused:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Strontosaurus posted:

War Zone was a great movie, though :confused:

I'm not going to get into this in this thread. I've derailed too much, so if you want to continue this, I'll make a post about why I hate that movie and why it's a bastardization of the comics over in the derail thread. In short though: you're wrong.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Do it. I dare you.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Strontosaurus posted:

Do it. I dare you.

He already did it. an hour and 50 minutes ago.

:veidt:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Based on the image posted in the Funny Panels Thread, I bring you the newest variant cover.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Just FYI you may think that's Wolverine's knee but it's noooooooooooooooot.

EDIT: He edited that piece just so you know. :mad:

Was Taters fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 27, 2010

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I apologize for the horrible wrestling joke, but the bottom panel kept goading me.

drat it, Loki! You hosed it up!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Gavok posted:

I apologize for the horrible wrestling joke, but the bottom panel kept goading me.

drat it, Loki! You hosed it up!

It's OK, I laughed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

When I read the end of Avengers Prime, I knew what I had to do.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gavok posted:

This is amazing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's goddamn perfect, Gavok.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
That is pretty perfect, and with Thor there, it reminds me of the first Oglaf strip about Kronar

(warning: :nws:) http://oglaf.com/son-of-kronar/

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Gavok posted:

The whole concept is awesome, but my favorite part is Luke Cage. That little interjection is loving amazing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

invalid user posted:

The whole concept is awesome, but my favorite part is Luke Cage. That little interjection is loving amazing.

I spent like fifteen minutes trying to figure out a way to rewrite Superman's speech so that it's about ruling with might and trust instead of trust and fear. Then I simply cut my losses via Luke Cage.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That's great. Bravo.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Is Imageshack an acceptable hosting service?

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Waffleimages seems to be the hosting service of choice here. I hope I did right.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is it possible to link to the unaltered panels? I'm not familiar with some of the comics posted in here (especially DC).

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
This isn't a panel, but it's in the spirit of this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jmTnpDjmQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jmTnpDjmQ

Shapiro
Jun 27, 2005

a jealous female can be tricked into anything

Baron Bifford posted:

Waffleimages seems to be the hosting service of choice here. I hope I did right.

You definitely did it right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

This isn't a panel, but it's in the spirit of this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jmTnpDjmQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jmTnpDjmQ

I turned it off when the annoying guy who thinks he's funny said "for the win."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Baron Bifford posted:

Ok, I'm picturing the White Ring hitting Lord's finger and his neck unspiraling like a windowshade, and I can't stop laughing.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

smashpro1 posted:

This is quite good. All the naysayers who think Reynolds will play Deadpool in Space need to see this.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Baron Bifford posted:

Lord was a Burple drink all along!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TheJoker138 posted:

I turned it off when the annoying guy who thinks he's funny said "for the win."

So you turned it off because the guy pretending to be Deadpool was doing a spot-on Deadpool?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

So you turned it off because the guy pretending to be Deadpool was doing a spot-on Deadpool?

No, see, Deadpool actually IS funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TheJoker138 posted:

No, see, Deadpool actually IS funny.

Ask any Marvel character and I'm sure most of them would refer to Deadpool as "annoying guy who thinks he's funny". The guy's golden moment is the time he quoted Street Fighter. Is having him say an online meme really that different?

• Locked thread