Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I want a wrestling version of this

:iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I want a wrestler who likes garlic and he eats garlic and then he can't be pinned because other wrestlers don't like his garlic breath. There'd be an angle where R-Truth would have breath mints.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Psycho Mantits posted:

Lesnar basically sounds like a more countrified version of Scott Steiner.

Having said that, this is easily his best promo (apologies for the bad audio mixing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmdf46JZZ0
He's much more charasmatic all be it goofily so than I expected.

The OCD wrestler gimmick sounds like it could be really entertaining.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Ktik posted:

I'd like to see a wrestler afraid of germs, or just an OCD wrestler in general. Like he's a face but refuses to high five the fans on the way down to the ring, he wrestles in a full body suit to avoid getting sweat on him, he uses Purell after locking up with someone. When he goes up to the turn buckle to hit his ten punches, if he can't hit exactly ten he freaks out and it throws him off for the rest of the match. When he goes up to hit a top rope elbow or something, but he won't jump because the guy isn't exactly in the center of the ring. He'd be a comedy jobber, of course.

I love this so much.

Hitting his finisher an even number of times, spraying hand sanitizer in opponents eyes etc...

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Ktik posted:

I'd like to see a wrestler afraid of germs, or just an OCD wrestler in general. Like he's a face but refuses to high five the fans on the way down to the ring, he wrestles in a full body suit to avoid getting sweat on him, he uses Purell after locking up with someone. When he goes up to the turn buckle to hit his ten punches, if he can't hit exactly ten he freaks out and it throws him off for the rest of the match. When he goes up to hit a top rope elbow or something, but he won't jump because the guy isn't exactly in the center of the ring. He'd be a comedy jobber, of course.

It would be better if he obsessed over a number other than 10. Like he could only punch the guy 7 times or if the ref was counting him out of the ring and hit 8, he would roll back in and out so he could come in on 7.

Or maybe make the number revolve around 4 so he would steal a page from King Kong Bundy and make the ref count to 4 instead of 3.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The A-Team Van posted:

Well then, do I have news for you!

There are all kinds of wrestlers in masks!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChdzlRLYAyA

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hey now - Glacier looked cool to most kids at the time until he actually wrestled.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

BigRed0427 posted:

Well the one gimmick I would like some promotion, either CHIKARA or WWE try is a Peter Pan type character. (Surprise surprise given my avatar) But the more I think about this character the more I think that he would basically be Hornswoggle if he was average size, could talk, and could wrestle. It would have to be played but someone who can act and look very immature, and very childish. And maybe by someone with an insane spot monkey move set. You could also have him do heel moves and not understand why they are considered heel moves or have him attack his own partner at one point in a tag match.

But like I said, the more I think about this the more he would basically a normal sized hornswoggle.

So ... pre-BDK Pinkie Sanchez?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Well the one gimmick I would like some promotion, either CHIKARA or WWE try is a Peter Pan type character. (Surprise surprise given my avatar) But the more I think about this character the more I think that he would basically be Hornswoggle if he was average size, could talk, and could wrestle. It would have to be played but someone who can act and look very immature, and very childish. And maybe by someone with an insane spot monkey move set. You could also have him do heel moves and not understand why they are considered heel moves or have him attack his own partner at one point in a tag match.

But like I said, the more I think about this the more he would basically a normal sized hornswoggle.

You just described Eugene's entire WWE run.

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:
I want a mime gimmick, mostly for the invisible wall spot. Opponent comes off the ropes, runs at the mime, but runs into some sort of force field, which the mime then runs his hands across. The other guy gets up, tries feeling along the wall too, can't find a way through. Mime opens a "window" punches the other dude in the face.

Give him an invisible tag team partner (which I know has been done) to complete the package.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Captain Misc. posted:

I want a mime gimmick, mostly for the invisible wall spot. Opponent comes off the ropes, runs at the mime, but runs into some sort of force field, which the mime then runs his hands across. The other guy gets up, tries feeling along the wall too, can't find a way through. Mime opens a "window" punches the other dude in the face.

I know this spot has happened and I think it was with the Florida Brothers. There used to be a gif floating around.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Captain Misc. posted:

Didn't the Florida Brothers do something like that in Toryumon/Dragon Gate once?

Edit: Burrito!!! :argh:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Somewhat related , I love the Blow up Doll gimmick in DDT, its amazing the fact they got 24 minutes of wrestling gold out of a inanimate object

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR3sp6mF8hg

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

I want a wrestler who likes garlic and he eats garlic and then he can't be pinned because other wrestlers don't like his garlic breath. There'd be an angle where R-Truth would have breath mints.

Or John Cena brush his mouth with colgate.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Manwithastick posted:

Somewhat related , I love the Blow up Doll gimmick in DDT, its amazing the fact they got 24 minutes of wrestling gold out of a inanimate object

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR3sp6mF8hg

That's Kota, wrestles himself and still pulls a 4 star match out of it.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Captain Misc. posted:

Give him an invisible tag team partner (which I know has been done) to complete the package.

I don't care if it's been done before or not this would loving own.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

I'd also like a gimmick of just an unlucky guy who wrestles hardcore matches. He goes to spray his opponent with a fire extinguisher only it's all out and he looks into it himself to see if he can see any and it sprays him in the face so he loses. He goes to set up a table to throw his opponent into, only the legs are broken so it won't stand up. The chair he goes to swing at his opponent falls apart when he lifts it above his head. Comedy jobbers are what this company needs, damnit!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Ktik posted:

I'd also like a gimmick of just an unlucky guy who wrestles hardcore matches. He goes to spray his opponent with a fire extinguisher only it's all out and he looks into it himself to see if he can see any and it sprays him in the face so he loses. He goes to set up a table to throw his opponent into, only the legs are broken so it won't stand up. The chair he goes to swing at his opponent falls apart when he lifts it above his head. Comedy jobbers are what this company needs, damnit!

I don't think you understand. WWE is serious now, because Vince thinks they're competing with UFC.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

MrBling posted:

I don't think you understand. WWE is serious now, because Vince thinks they're competing with UFC.

I'll just take these genius ideas to Vince Russo then. He's a man who can see my vision!!!

One more gimmick which revolves around a cruiserweight division existing.

Ever seen Dazed and Confused? The Ben Affleck character. Some giant jock who is just picking on smaller guys than him to try and impress girls. I always though Chris Masters would be perfect for this. He's backstage picking on the guys under 6 feet tall, pushing them around, interfering in their matches, challenging them to fights and always destroying them and trying to use it to impress whatever nameless blonde characters are on his brand. I don't think it would ever really have a blow off feud, but maybe it goes on for like three months until a small guy finally beats him by being faster than him, he's off TV for a month and pretends it never happens and just repeat. Of course whoever beats him wins the heart of the girl who admits she never really liked Masters.

Ktik fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 9, 2011

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Ktik posted:

I'll just take these genius ideas to Vince Russo then. He's a man who can see my vision!!!

Let's not say things we can't take back, eh?

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man

Burrito posted:

That's Kota, wrestles himself and still pulls a 4 star match out of it.

YOSHIHIKO isn't that bad. He's more than capable of carrying his end of a match.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Graic posted:

YOSHIHIKO isn't that bad. He's more than capable of carrying his end of a match.
Eh, he needs some carrying sometimes but he's not, like, Great Khali levels.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Ktik posted:

One more gimmick which revolves around a cruiserweight division existing.

Ever seen Dazed and Confused? The Ben Affleck character. Some giant jock who is just picking on smaller guys than him to try and impress girls. I always though Chris Masters would be perfect for this. He's backstage picking on the guys under 6 feet tall, pushing them around, interfering in their matches, challenging them to fights and always destroying them and trying to use it to impress whatever nameless blonde characters are on his brand. I don't think it would ever really have a blow off feud, but maybe it goes on for like three months until a small guy finally beats him by being faster than him, he's off TV for a month and pretends it never happens and just repeat. Of course whoever beats him wins the heart of the girl who admits she never really liked Masters.

I think you need Brodie Lee for that.

It will never get old seeing him big boot little guys.

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:

Graic posted:

He's way better than the Mop that Shawn Michaels keeps taking to 4 star matches...

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
I would like an identical twin gimmick where one of the twins is the other guy just 5 minutes into the future. He could warn the other of what is about to happen and of sneak attacks to avoid.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
What WWE actually needs is Lance Steel (older) and Lance Steel (younger).

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tyma posted:

A Personal Injury Lawyer gimmick would be the greatest heat-magnet in the history of wrestling :{

Also, a wrestler who is clearly only using the WWE as a platform to promote another (fictional) product, and treats every moment he's on-screen as Infomercial Time! Kind of like that Castrol GTX Magnatec episode of The Dirt Sheet, but full-time, and the guy wrestling in an MVP body-suit covered in endoresements.
Disco Inferno pitched this idea in 1998 and again in 2000 and 2001.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

MassRayPer posted:

Sounds like a job for Matt Classic.

A little late on this, but is that Colt's gimmick as that wrestler? I'm not as caught up on the indies as I ought to be.

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 10, 2011

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

lexingtondisoro posted:

A little late on this, but is that Colt's gimmick as that wrestler? I'm not as caught up on the indies as I ought to be.

Yeah, Matt CLassic is a old school wrestler from the 50s who went into a coma and woke up today. he started with it in MTV's Wrestling Soceity X and still pulls it now and then

Also get WSX. Its awesome.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

jscolon2.0 posted:

Simon Diamond did it.

Simon Dean did it.

This is Simon Diamond.

lexingtondisoro posted:

He does it sometimes (rarely) but it's not his regular gimmick.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tyma posted:

Also, a wrestler who is clearly only using the WWE as a platform to promote another (fictional) product, and treats every moment he's on-screen as Infomercial Time! Kind of like that Castrol GTX Magnatec episode of The Dirt Sheet, but full-time, and the guy wrestling in an MVP body-suit covered in endoresements.

I actualy though of this before. The diffrence though was to have a small stable of guys like this and have JBL manage them and have them advertise his energy drink.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Moose Bigelow posted:

I would like an identical twin gimmick where one of the twins is the other guy just 5 minutes into the future. He could warn the other of what is about to happen and of sneak attacks to avoid.

Chikara did this, but better. It was a knight from the past, and the same knight one week into the future (after his life had fallen to poo poo). The blow off feud was a "Loser Leaves the Present" match.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Golden Bee posted:

Chikara did this, but better. It was a knight from the past, and the same knight one week into the future (after his life had fallen to poo poo). The blow off feud was a "Loser Leaves the Present" match.

Please tell me all the dvds I need to buy to watch this complete angle unfold.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Golden Bee posted:

I don't think his life had fallen to poo poo. I think the point of contention was one Lance Steel liked slaying dragons while the other Lance Steel liked dragons.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

How do wrestlers "rehearse" big moves/spots. Are there setups with mats in the back, or is it kind of just practicing at house shows and stuff?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Hockles posted:

How do wrestlers "rehearse" big moves/spots. Are there setups with mats in the back, or is it kind of just practicing at house shows and stuff?

House shows are used a lot for dry runs of PPV matches. Also, I've heard of guys working out spots in the ring prior to the doors opening. If I remember right WWE wants all the guys in the building like 6 hours before the show so they've got plenty of ring time before the show starts to work stuff out.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Sounds like I have to get into Chakira, that match where the two brawled out of the 'arena' and came back the following night was a hilarious idea. Does this promotion just pretty much specialize in comedy gimmicks?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sue Denim posted:

Sounds like I have to get into Chakira, that match where the two brawled out of the 'arena' and came back the following night was a hilarious idea. Does this promotion just pretty much specialize in comedy gimmicks?

The wrestling is pretty good too, it's a nice breath of fresh air from watching WWE. They mostly are students, but they are really good.

They have some pretty inventive spots, both hilarious and awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Sue Denim posted:

Looks like it's time for the Weekly apsouthern CHIKARA Sampler infomercial!

http://www.chikarapro.com/store.shtml#ecwid:category=285297&mode=product&product=867308

5$ with FREE worldwide shipping! Contains 5 excellent matches, including the full version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIvDeoMkq4 (watch this video to see how good their wrestling can be, as well as the comedy gimmicks)