Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Two awful tech derails in one day.

The word "fag" was used in one of them so there was only one awful tech derail.
Welcome to my page, I like to call it Page 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

therapy posted:

Well, the monitor in the picture isn't a touch screen monitor, so unless it's mirroring another monitor somewhere else that IS touch screen, I'd say they're using the mouse.

It's a functional thing but not exactly pretty. It does make stuff easy to find. "Gary Preview page 1 in red" or "JD page 4 in green" or whatever would be easy to find with the combination of drop-downs and large, easily-read buttons.

My guess is that they're so big because everyone on the show is over 50 and has problems reading up close.

They need to learn to name things by purpose or function, not creator.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

pkd88 posted:

The word "fag" was used in one of them so there was only one awful tech derail.
Welcome to my page, I like to call it Page 9.

I think you mean page noine.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It works great in ski houses.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Furnished with stools.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
If someone could post the Gary's Theater saga that would be amazing. Possibly as good as ripping on him for his pitching, and sometimes it intermixed.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CortezFantastic posted:

If someone could post the Gary's Theater saga that would be amazing. Possibly as good as ripping on him for his pitching, and sometimes it intermixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jATfJLZjyM

This is honestly one of my favorite bits of all time. I could listen to the entire thing on repeat for hours without getting bored.

It honestly just shows you that A. Howard can rip on you for anything and B. Gary is a dumb person.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

Because they wanted a surly fat guy? Don't think Howard cared about Jon until he made Iron Man

Jon Favreau called in on 9-12-01 to say he was a big fan and thank Howard for staying on the air for 9-11. Howard told Jon he loved Swingers too.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

-Atom- posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jATfJLZjyM

This is honestly one of my favorite bits of all time. I could listen to the entire thing on repeat for hours without getting bored.

It honestly just shows you that A. Howard can rip on you for anything and B. Gary is a dumb person.

Regarding B, if he would just shutup about it, Howard would stop.

Edit: That's probably true of every Gary/Howard fight too.

musclecoder fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 9, 2011

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

musclecoder posted:

Regarding B, if he would just shutup about it, Howard would stop.

Edit: That's probably true of every Gary/Howard fight too.

See, Artie is smarter than this because you see him agreeing with how much he "hated" the Super Bowl experience. Artie, the sports fan that he is, probably loved it but since Howard can't stand being around a group of more than 15 people, knew it was better to agree with Howard than fight over it. Gary never learns this lesson.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
How far to you think Depace is going to put his foot in his mouth over this Tuscon thing?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Bonzo posted:

How far to you think Depace is going to put his foot in his mouth over this Tuscon thing?
depends if he is provoked. ie, what do you think howard's take will be?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"Baggy clothes make you look thin." - Howard Stern

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

First uncensored Bubba show on radioio commercial free until 12:30 eastern.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ch3cooh posted:

First uncensored Bubba show on radioio commercial free until 12:30 eastern.

Howard mentioned today he's having a meeting with Tim to try to get things moving on getting Bubba back in some capacity.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Howard mentioned today he's having a meeting with Tim to try to get things moving on getting Bubba back in some capacity.

Funny that he gets involved now. I can't believe they (Sirius Management) never had a plan B.

I'm guessing there will be no more live Sirius shows and Bubba would just charge them a syndication fee to replay a previsouly recorded show.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

lol I caught that too.

He is certifiably insane.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

FogHelmut posted:

Without Howard's context this is hilarious but his point was that he wears baggy clothes to hide his stomach.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Without Howard's context this is hilarious but his point was that he wears baggy clothes to hide his stomach.

I think it's funny because we blame Ralph for his wardrobe, but Howard himself is just as guilty.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Funny that he gets involved now. I can't believe they (Sirius Management) never had a plan B.

I'm guessing there will be no more live Sirius shows and Bubba would just charge them a syndication fee to replay a previsouly recorded show.

I think Tim confirmed this without explicitly saying it on the Wrapup show last week. Exclusive, uncensored content is contracted to RadioIO from Bubba. Short of producing an additional element expressly for Sirius (I don't think theres enough hours in the day?) All they'd be negotiating with him is a terrestrial replay.

Which in a roundabout way has us paying for content that is available free on the terrestrial carriers website.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is there any video of the Howard Stern show any more?

I remember back when he was on E! it was a television show as well as radio... (right?)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Vinlaen posted:

Is there any video of the Howard Stern show any more?

I remember back when he was on E! it was a television show as well as radio... (right?)

He has an uncensored OnDemand channel that you pay a monthly fee for.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I can't see Bubba doing them any favors. How many times has he been jerked around by them? When you get cut to a fifth of what you were paid previously and have to go off and do your own thing, that's pretty much the end of any pleasant association for a while.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Ahhh, that sounds really awesome.

Looks like it's only on Comcast (in my area) though and not Dish Network :(

Is it available online at all?

Vinlaen fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 10, 2011

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Vinlaen posted:

Ahhh, that sounds really awesome.

Looks like it's only on Comcast (in my area) though and not Dish Network :(

Is it available online at all?

Eh, its not as great as you think it might be. If you go into it thinking it will be like the old E! show, just uncensored, then you will be in for a rude awakening.

And no, its not available online...officially.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Whoever writes the show descriptions for Howard TV is pretty funny sometimes. The info box for the Frankenstein Makeover Contest episode came up "Joe Cancer, Vin the Retard, Ronnie the limo driver, and Ralph the fag judge a contest where 14 women compete...".

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

rqui posted:

rqui Robin Quivers
Wish I could give my cat green drink. She is about to have a kisney transplant.

kisney

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Millstone posted:

kisney

A kidney transplant on a cat? This woman will be broke 2 years after the show ends.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bonzo posted:

A kidney transplant on a cat? This woman will be broke 2 years after the show ends.

People do lots of things for their pets, that's not what I'd consider irrational use of funds.

Millstone posted:

kisney

Cmon, the "d" key is right beside the "s".

I can't believe you both focused on the wrong thing. Wanting to give her cat the green drink. That's the insane part.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
My mom pours colloidal silver down her cats throats every time they come down with a cold or something and stop eating.

The odd thing though is that it seems to work. 20 minutes later and the little buggers are back to normal.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

Where does one even get a cat kidney?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Sock The Great posted:

I'm willing to bet Charlie Kelly would know.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Sock The Great posted:

They put cats to sleep at the human society all the time. An endless supply.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I think my new favorite part of the show is when the gang talks about technology. I just start dying with everyone trying to explain what everything is. "Sent from my honeycomb." Playbook, tethering, and tablets. I just crack up everytime.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

musclecoder posted:

I'm willing to bet Charlie Kelly would know.

His cats make TOO MUCH NOISE.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Burden posted:

I think my new favorite part of the show is when the gang talks about technology. I just start dying with everyone trying to explain what everything is. "Sent from my honeycomb." Playbook, tethering, and tablets. I just crack up everytime.

The worst part is that they have about a 10-20% understanding of everything and they think it's like a 50-70% understanding. And Robin thinks she understands it 150% and tries to explain it, and nobody can call her out anymore.

Just once, I'd like to see JD or somebody come into the room and go "Look, Robin, you're loving out of your mind. Android is an OS, not a phone. There are like fifty loving Android-based phones."

Then she'll say "I was just about to say - aren't there like a bunch of phones? Like the Droid X and the Droid 2 and Droid Galaxy or something?"

And then, in my fantasy, she's beheaded by a loose microphone boom.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
...and then Gary comes running in to explain whatever is confounding everyone.

I am not half the geek as some of the people who listens to this show and I find their technology discussions maddening.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
When Gary came in to talk about sports today I kept thinking 'yeah this guy can't throw a ball' while he's spewing this football knowledge like he's the resident expert. I guess that's sort of why I dislike John Hein too. He's put on some kind of pedestal for no clear reason and his words are taken as fact.

Also that negative Lily caller was spot on with her gripes about the fake woman that calls in with nothing to say.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

therapy posted:

The worst part is that they have about a 10-20% understanding of everything and they think it's like a 50-70% understanding. And Robin thinks she understands it 150% and tries to explain it, and nobody can call her out anymore.

Just once, I'd like to see JD or somebody come into the room and go "Look, Robin, you're loving out of your mind. Android is an OS, not a phone. There are like fifty loving Android-based phones."

Then she'll say "I was just about to say - aren't there like a bunch of phones? Like the Droid X and the Droid 2 and Droid Galaxy or something?"

And then, in my fantasy, she's beheaded by a loose microphone boom.
The best thing in the world was when King of all Blacks was talking about how much he loved his EVO and then when on to say that "android is garbage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
What the average consumer thinks and what is true is hardly ever the same. There is a phone called Droid, there is an OS called Android. From now until the history of phones is over, people won't care which one you call it and if you point it out you might as well be rolling around in a Stephen Hawkings wheelchair on your way to a D&D camp for all anyone cares.

I don't give them poo poo over that, that is common place stuff. The real funny stuff is when they invent sim chips that go in cars and play music.

Also, yeah, it is hard to bag on Robin for her sick cat. She has the money, might as well take care of the poor thing. I'm amazed she hasn't started her pets on green drink.