Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Oldstench posted:

Audio or it didn't happen.

I've got no means to record it properly just now. :(

Edit: Here's a recording I made earlier, though (no MicroSynth).

There's feedback, a chorus, a phaser and a delay.

Edit2: Oh yeah, recorded that with my mobile phone, so excuse the quality.

Frank Caskelot fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

HMorg posted:

I've got no means to record it properly just now. :(

Edit: Here's a recording I made earlier, though (no MicroSynth).

There's feedback, a chorus, a phaser and a delay.

Edit2: Oh yeah, recorded that with my mobile phone, so excuse the quality.
Nice. You ever do any collaboration or are you in a band. I'm on a heavy drone/noise/etc. kick right now as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXPztcq5fs

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Oldstench posted:

Nice. You ever do any collaboration or are you in a band. I'm on a heavy drone/noise/etc. kick right now as well.

I'm in a band. That bit of recording was actually the end of one of our songs. It's been recorded differently, but I finally stumbled upon something I can make happen again.

Our music isn't very drone-y otherwise. In case you're interested: http://www.myspace.com/evercirclingwolves

Deelon
Sep 18, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Hey man, I like that "saturn drone" a lot. Is that you? I used to do a lot of noise/drone stuff, but I've been wanting to get back into it lately. Would you like to collab on something?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Deelon posted:

Hey man, I like that "saturn drone" a lot. Is that you? I used to do a lot of noise/drone stuff, but I've been wanting to get back into it lately. Would you like to collab on something?
Yeah it's me. Sure - collaboration is always cool. I don't have PM so we can take this to email - support[dot]squid[at]gmail[dot]com.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Merry Christmas to myself. New board, power supply, tuner and reverb.

And the rest of the family. Waiting for the bulk cable that should be arriving tomorrow to get everything wired up.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FancyMike posted:

Merry Christmas to myself. New board, power supply, tuner and reverb.

And the rest of the family. Waiting for the bulk cable that should be arriving tomorrow to get everything wired up.

:drool: That's what I have to go buy now. Pedal boards - I never thought I'd need one but poo poo, I need one now.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Mesa F-30 combo for $450. I should do that, right?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Mesa...$450.
Assuming it's in working order... BUY BUY BUY

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

Got both of these in the past week. '65 Vintage Reissue Twin Reverb and a '94-'95 (based on the serial number) Japanese Fender Jaguar Special HH. The amp was a gift and the guitar I bought as a gift for myself, picked it up on craigslist for $350.

What's the serial number code for that Jaguar? I'm fairly certain the JGS model like that didn't go into production until the early 2000's or the late 90's. I'll have to wait till I get home to check mine, but I think, in spite of knowing it was made in '03, I found various serial dating methods that told me it was made in like 1987 or 1996 or something retarded. :lol:

But I digress, for $350, it doesn't really matter, it's my favourite guitar... Because they're so cheap I ended up having four of them at one time once.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 11, 2011

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

New guitar day!

Baby's gonna see some live action tomorrow night.

Edit: Bonus pic of guitar in hand.

Frank Caskelot fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 12, 2011

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oooohhhh damnit. Sometimes I look at SGs and go "Meh". Sometimes I look at them and need some alone time. I'll be back in 5 minutes.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

HMorg posted:

New guitar day!

Baby's gonna see some live action tomorrow night.

Edit: Bonus pic of guitar in hand.

That's a nice looking axe.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Gibson makes the best red guitars.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Handen posted:

What's the serial number code for that Jaguar? I'm fairly certain the JGS model like that didn't go into production until the early 2000's or the late 90's. I'll have to wait till I get home to check mine, but I think, in spite of knowing it was made in '03, I found various serial dating methods that told me it was made in like 1987 or 1996 or something retarded. :lol:

But I digress, for $350, it doesn't really matter, it's my favourite guitar... Because they're so cheap I ended up having four of them at one time once.

Trust this man, he knows his Jags.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

betterinsodapop posted:

Assuming it's in working order... BUY BUY BUY

The only weird thing about it is that instead of the V30 it should have stock, it has a G12-50 AVT, which looks like it's from an older solid state Marshall.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Just bought this:

Going to use it to build one of these when it arrives:

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Said device in use (not me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAg5KjnAhuU

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Hadlock posted:

Just bought this:

Did the man who sold it to you look anything like this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Hadlock posted:

Just bought this:

Going to use it to build one of these when it arrives:

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Said device in use (not me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAg5KjnAhuU

Had you not posted that final countdown kazookeylele cover, I would have. Need to post pictures of the building process.

STACK OVERFLOW
Apr 17, 2007

... PWND!
Epiphone is bringing back the Nighthawk!

When I first heard this, I was quite skeptical of what kind of quality it would be and how close to the originals it would be. But it has the longer scale and same pickup configurations and saying that Seymour Duncan will produce aftermarket pickups. drat, I want one!

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

STACK OVERFLOW posted:

Epiphone is bringing back the Nighthawk!

When I first heard this, I was quite skeptical of what kind of quality it would be and how close to the originals it would be. But it has the longer scale and same pickup configurations and saying that Seymour Duncan will produce aftermarket pickups. drat, I want one!
Ahh, I love those things! Those pickup configurations are fantastic. Would be great if those cocksuckers decided to make this thing LH. (Surely, they won't.)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Agreed posted:

Jet City Amplification JCA12S

A 1x12 cab, dimensions 20"x21"x11" and loaded with a respectable Eminence speaker. The dimensions are comparable to the Avatar Classic cab, if I remember correctly, and the damned thing costs $129 new. Made with void-free hard plywood, though they don't specify if it's birch. At the price, even if I need to add some bracing, it's an absolute bargain; Avatar will sell you an unloaded overstock 1x12 contemporary in brown tolex, as cheap as a non scratch-and-dent gets, for $225 plus $35 or $40 shipping. A $129, speaker-included 1x12 cab with the same dimensions that gets good reviews and sounds great in clips seems like a friggin' no-brainer.

I am absolutely slammed and won't have a chance to record anything 'til tomorrow evening but the short review is YOU ALL NEED ONE OF THESE! It sounds huge (seriously, the tone I get with this is not very different than the tone I was getting with my 4x12) and the stock speaker is way, way better than suck. I'm going to replace it with a Warehouse Guitar Speakers Greenback knockoff just because, but there is really nothing wrong with it stock. It's well put together, everything is in its right place, the dimensions are impressive, it doesn't rattle, it doesn't bend, it doesn't flex at all that I can see, and it contributes nice things to that sweet spot where you start getting the cab good and involved in the sound.

The only downside is that only the nimble, dexterous hands of a child could possibly put together such an apparently solid product at such a low price. Other than that, go hog wild, this cab is a crazy good deal.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Agreed posted:

Jet City Jet City Jet City Jet City Jet City
Are their combos any good?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Oldstench posted:

Are their combos any good?

I have no idea. Sorry.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Handen posted:

The serial number is T070733, and it says "Made in Japan" as opposed to "Crafted in Japan." According to this: http://www.fender.com/support/articles/japanese-instruments-product-dating that makes it '94-'95. Like you said though, it doesn't really matter since I got it for so cheap and I'm loving the way it feels and sounds.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Raze posted:

Did the man who sold it to you look anything like this?

Exactly like that! How'd you know? He also gave me a bunch of sheet music to play with it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

STACK OVERFLOW posted:

Seymour Duncan will produce aftermarket pickups.
Assuming it's like the originals, you can use whatever pickup you want. Just swap the angled baseplate off the stock pickup onto the bezels/wire/magnets of whatever pickup you want to use and you're good to go. Minor soldering required to ground it properly, but if you're swapping pickups anyway, it should be no problem.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't think the poles will line up properly if you try and swap a normal pickup in the angled slot.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/new-product/seymour-duncan-launches-nighthawk-slant-replacement-pickup/

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH
It's called the Twangbucker, no idea if it'll fit on Gibsons instead of Fenders however; you could always futz with the bridge and the nut I guess

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Philthy posted:

I don't think the poles will line up properly if you try and swap a normal pickup in the angled slot.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/new-product/seymour-duncan-launches-nighthawk-slant-replacement-pickup/
Like I said, they may have changed it up with the reissue. It worked that way on the originals, though.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Well, I just picked up an Epi Les Paul Nightfall

and an Ibanez Soundgear Bass

I've been happily thumping away on the bass, but managed to lose a saddle block on the LP's FR trem the first time I changed the strings. :doh:

slapsack
Mar 3, 2006
Why are people so skeptical of things that are out of the ordinary? Instead of being open to POSSIBILITIES, most people just jump straight to the circle jerk so they can comfortably fit in. It's completely fair and understandable to say that there is

I'd always wanted one of these ever since I saw a guy playing one at the fair, and then once I saw Patrick Stewart playing it in DUNE I was SOOOOLD. It's called a Chapman Stick. They are really weird but have the coolest sound. Just spotted one on ebay for a dollar. STOKED!!!

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

slapsack posted:

I'd always wanted one of these ever since I saw a guy playing one at the fair, and then once I saw Patrick Stewart playing it in DUNE I was SOOOOLD. It's called a Chapman Stick. They are really weird but have the coolest sound. Just spotted one on ebay for a dollar. STOKED!!!

You will either be A) sorely disappointed or B) Ripped off. Nobody sells a Chapman Stick for $1. The cheapest one is something like 2100x that.

RetardedRobots
Dec 19, 2010

Have you seen this man?
Melon "Weed" Dude 1936 - 2011
Rest in peace, you shitposting bastard.
I have a MiniMass attenuator coming from Weber. In the great tradition of rock and roll, Fedex has decided it needs to tour America first.

Fedex tracking...
Jan 12, 2011 3:28 PM Picked up KOKOMO, IN (Good, picked up)
Jan 13, 2011 3:09 AM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN (On the plane!)
Jan 13, 2011 7:06 AM Clearance in progress WINNIPEG, MB (Alright, here it is, should be at my door soon...)
Jan 13, 2011 10:16 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN (gently caress?)

Click here for the full 724x658 image.

RetardedRobots fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 14, 2011

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

RetardedRobots posted:

I have a MiniMass attenuator coming from Weber. In the great tradition of rock and roll, Fedex has decided it needs to tour America first.

Sounds like your package has been misplaced by...Retarded Robots. :smug:

Bonnene
Sep 20, 2010
Just had this beauty arrive yesterday:

Click here for the full 685x512 image.

Click here for the full 512x685 image.

Gibson Buckethead Signature Les Paul. It's really awesome so far. They're out of production now too so was nice I managed to find one to buy. :)

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Bonnene posted:

Just had this beauty arrive yesterday:

Click here for the full 685x512 image.

Click here for the full 512x685 image.

Gibson Buckethead Signature Les Paul. It's really awesome so far. They're out of production now too so was nice I managed to find one to buy. :)

It's cool that Gibson made a non-24.75" neck on a Les Paul. how many times have you played Jordan on it so far?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

RetardedRobots posted:

Fedex tracking...
Jan 13, 2011 7:06 AM Clearance in progress WINNIPEG, MB (Alright, here it is, should be at my door soon...)

I ordered a bass 6 months ago that went coast to coast 3 times before I got it courtesy of UPS. That included me noticing them trying to deliver it to the wrong address, calling them to correct the address or at least pick it up myself, and them sending it back to CA anyway. That was a long 2 weeks.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

RetardedRobots posted:

Fedex tracking...

Memphis is their hub. My guess is there were problems with customs, and it got sent back to the FedEx hub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've had package tracking show up like that once when a package was accidentally left on a truck instead of being unloaded.