Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Lost in the World reminds me of Up, Up and Away by Kid Cudi. They're the last songs on their respective albums and they happen to be catchy as gently caress. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Ziir posted:

I thought this Jimmy Kimmel sketch was pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Axzxe1a78E
That's pretty drat funny. :)

Fur pillows are hard to actually sleep on...

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."

cheese eats mouse posted:

Did anyone who ordered from Amazon get their record yet? Mine says shipped, but it's been in a city an hour away from me for a week. I could have bought it from my record store by now.

I ordered the special edition a few days after Christmas and Amazon told me it would be shipped by at least the 5th (it didn't come), and now they're telling me that they'll email me when it comes in. I guess I'm in the same boat as you.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I got my record. It's amazing, but as someone else said earlier, it's annoying to have to deal with the censorship. It's not so bad if you look at it from across the room i guess... That said, I couldn't stop thanking my sister when she got it for me. Cool sister.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Does anyone know if the vinyl was mastered by someone else?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here's that Kanye West + Jay-Z thing "H•A•M" from Watch the Throne: http://www.facebook.com/WatchTheThr...pp_178091127385

EDIT: "Like Eli I did it" God drat it Kanye. God loving drat it. :supaburn:

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 11, 2011

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Both the verses on H.A.M. were mostly pretty bad, but it fits pretty well with Kanye's attempted vibe of "hip hop you want to listen to inside of a castle".

e: I have no idea why people are hating on Lex Luger's work on the beat. I think it fits the song thematically pretty well.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 11, 2011

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

From what I read most of the complaint stems from it being more of the same (especially the kit that he uses) and it kinda throws off Ye's and Jay's flow.

It's a solid track, but nothing special.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I loved the beat but it was pretty much what I expected (ie. "ye and jay/we are loving rich/bitches yeah")

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I felt like it was trying to cram too many musical ideas together that don't smoothly gel with each other for lack of a better word right now. Maybe I also instinctively flinched at the song because I'm really tired of hearing people say they're "goin ham"

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i got really bored and quit the song like 10 seconds into jay-z's verse.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
The beat started out a bit dumb but I couldn't help but grin when it went all ridiculous and overblown. Jay's hardly at his best on this song though, he sounds really tired.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Final Fart Buttball posted:

I felt like it was trying to cram too many musical ideas together that don't smoothly gel with each other for lack of a better word right now. Maybe I also instinctively flinched at the song because I'm really tired of hearing people say they're "goin ham"

Is this a joke, do people actually say this

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Organic Robot posted:

I ordered the special edition a few days after Christmas and Amazon told me it would be shipped by at least the 5th (it didn't come), and now they're telling me that they'll email me when it comes in. I guess I'm in the same boat as you.

Did you ever get yours? I just asked for a refund from Amazon. I'm just going to order it from Insound.

THIZZFACE KILLA
Oct 19, 2004

nigga dis my twizz face
My favorite line in the album right now is probably that chick yelling "YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY NIGGA!?"

Also Bon Iver's part at the beginning of Monster leading into the scream and then Rick Ross's verse is basically the sickest poo poo ever and I refuse to hear otherwise :colbert:

Has no one besides me seen the video for Monster? It got leaked around New Years and there's a lot of youtube rips bouncing around right now. Supposedly it's unfinished but it is incredible. Kanye's videos have always elevated their songs rather than detracted from them and this is no exception. The only part that I don't 100% love is Nicki Minaj in the chair as the Barbie version of herself because it's so played out at this point, but crazy hair dominatrix Nicki is ill.

But seriously, no one else has seen it yet?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I thought the video for Monster lacked most of the songs intensity. Considering everything they could have done with a video for that song I was pretty disappointed.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
What the gently caress is Kanye doing with promoting this album? I haven't watched Monster because I heard it was unfinished, but wasn't Monster getting radio play like... when the Good friday version dropped? And a video still isn't done?

I get that this isn't like Graduation with multiple singles, it's not going to sell as much but poo poo, Monster should have been and gone by now and All of the Lights probably should have had its video last week or something

Scrooged
Feb 19, 2004

Truth, Juthtithe,
and the American Way
People actually like this album? Given, the music is amazing, but Kanye is absolutely grating this time around. Its like he jumped into the recording booth and pulled from the top of his head.

e: instrumental album, album of the year

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
what a dumb opinion

Scrooged
Feb 19, 2004

Truth, Juthtithe,
and the American Way

Role Play McMurphy posted:

what a dumb opinion
i could run down the line, but for short

monster is packed too tight with different people, and nobody but nicki minaj seems to want to be there. bon ivers intro is excellent

runaway is an excellent song. the faults made it for me.

blame game made me laugh. it sounds like kanye and john had fun with it, but i dont think pen touched paper for an instant

bon iver saved lost in the world. im gay for his dick.

the album itself was largely unremarkable, save for the one or two times i couldnt stop laughing. kanye sounds absolutely bored, and it shows.

e: id like to see kanye produce for nicki minaj
e2: jesus, pitchfork gave this album a 10?

Scrooged fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 19, 2011

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

teacup posted:

What the gently caress is Kanye doing with promoting this album? I haven't watched Monster because I heard it was unfinished, but wasn't Monster getting radio play like... when the Good friday version dropped? And a video still isn't done?

I get that this isn't like Graduation with multiple singles, it's not going to sell as much but poo poo, Monster should have been and gone by now and All of the Lights probably should have had its video last week or something

Well, from what I understood Runaway and monster were both good friday singles that made the album due to their popularity. Power was the single and it had the video. Later I saw him preform runaway on snl while I was hearing the unfinished devil in a new dress on the radio, then that weird forty minute runaway video came out featuring multiple songs from the album...

So I am confused...but wiki is listing it as power then runaway then monster then all of the lights...so I guess it would make sense for there to be I monster video before all of the lights no matter how long we have technically had monster

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."

Scrooged posted:

monster is packed too tight with different people, and nobody but nicki minaj seems to want to be there. bon ivers intro is excellent

I have to agree, Jay-Z sounds a little bored during his verse; But, I think this might be bolstered by the fact that his part of the Monster video is the most dull sequence in the entire piece.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
What I want to know is why did that guy just suddenly stopped obeying all rules of grammar in his second post.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

So Kanye just tweeted that Watch the Throne is coming in two months, a video for "All of the Lights" is coming in 1 week and that he's got a new album coming this summer.

Can't wait!
:f5:

e:Thanks, Final Fart Buttball

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 24, 2011

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

This thread title is just always accurate for some reason.

(I think he's trying to get out of his contract)

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Anyone else feel like a "new album" this soon means "a greatest hits collection with a few unreleased tracks" or an 'Unreleased Songs' album with a bunch of songs that weren't good enough for his albums?

By the way your first link is to a Wikipedia article of Saeb Erekat.

Medical
Apr 16, 2010

by T. Fine
So is this man going to tour or what? I'm eager to see if it'll be even more ambitious than the Glow in the Dark tour.

Baron Patsy
Apr 9, 2006

I'M SPECIAL DAMMIT

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Anyone else feel like a "new album" this soon means "a greatest hits collection with a few unreleased tracks" or an 'Unreleased Songs' album with a bunch of songs that weren't good enough for his albums?

By the way your first link is to a Wikipedia article of Saeb Erekat.

it's definitely possible but fwiw judging from his twitter he's in the studio now so there should be at least some new material

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

After waiting weeks for the record store to get it in for me, check out what finally came in today:

Click here for the full 818x830 image.

Click here for the full 816x797 image.

Click here for the full 1263x444 image.

Click here for the full 834x843 image.

Click here for the full 879x884 image.

Click here for the full 1194x809 image.

Ha ha ha ha why is this 3 records when 2A only has literally one song on it?

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 10, 2011

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

http://www.vevo.com/watch/kanye-west/all-of-the-lights/USUV71002949

AotL video. Really loving good.

SafetyDancer
Aug 30, 2003

hop for jesus
I'm glad they took out the worst part of the song for the video.

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
MBDTF was my favorite album last year. Enter the Void was my favorite movie. It goes without saying that I think the video is pretty amazing. Plus, using that credit sequence as inspiration helps when you have 11 people to list as background vocalists.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm kind of pissed it cut out a whole section of the song. Also it really needs to have a warning for epileptic people at the start because Jesus Christ. Other than that, great video.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The epileptic section of the video is totally a reference to Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPxgi-PiNFE

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The epileptic section of the video is totally a reference to Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPxgi-PiNFE

came here to post this, ye literally had hype williams make an amv

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So cool to see the Enter the Void influenced opening

Medical
Apr 16, 2010

by T. Fine
Reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xTBJBRG96E

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002