Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Minidust posted:

What version of Wrestlemania 16 do you have? That's crazy, I thought they were keeping Benoit out of documentary/montage stuff but leaving him in the full PPV events he wrestled on.

When WWE Classics on Demand was showing WrestleMania X-Seven, they cut the entire Benoit / Angle match out. I don't know if they've cut it out from new DVD pressings, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just think it's funny the lengths they go to erase Benoit, since I think it's only going to make people wonder even more.

A lot of people who might be ignorant to it forever are just going to be like "wonder what that guy did to make them keep ignoring him like that"

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What is the the real name of the Yurikamome? 1:40 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdz6R9OkRgw

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Minidust posted:

What version of Wrestlemania 16 do you have? That's crazy, I thought they were keeping Benoit out of documentary/montage stuff but leaving him in the full PPV events he wrestled on.

I would like WWE DVD's to have another wrestler CGi'ed in for Chris Benoit.

Royal Rumble 2001: Jericho vs Val Venis
Royal Rumble 2004: Bret Hart wins the Royal Rumble
WM 20: John Cena wins the title and hugs Eddie Guerrero
Summerslam 2002: RVD defeats Tommy Dreamer for the IC title
RAW Ironman match: HHH defeats HHH

And so on...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

oldpainless posted:

I would like WWE DVD's to have another wrestler CGi'ed in for Chris Benoit.

Royal Rumble 2001: Jericho vs Val Venis
Royal Rumble 2004: Bret Hart wins the Royal Rumble
WM 20: John Cena wins the title and hugs Eddie Guerrero
Summerslam 2002: RVD defeats Tommy Dreamer for the IC title

And so on...

They should just replace him with Dean Malenko or Andre the Giant. When he faces Dean Malenko replace one of them with El Cilope.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
They should CGI a luchadore mask onto him, he's El Wolverine from parts unknown.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
El Vanillo.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

That was one of the major problems with the Jericho DVD was not showing anything of pretty much his most consistant nemesis and teammate, sadly skipping a lot of their fantastic 2000-2002 work.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I don't see any NFL packages featuring Rae Carruth or OJ Simpson, though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tyma posted:

There must have been some instance of a champion getting stripped of a title, setting up a tourmament to determine the new champion, and then having the previous champion win the tournament?

Not the same, but in TNA Rob Van Dam vacated the belt due to injury, and they still hadn't worked out a new champion by the time he returned from injury.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Timby posted:

On the other hand, Michael Vick still has a job.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Minidust posted:

I'm not sure, I obtained it by shady means.

It's just the original home video/DVD version including the old 'exclusive' backstage interviews they used to have with Coach for the home video releases except with that match ommitted, but the Benoit. Maybe it's from the Wrestlemania box set?

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Sue Denim posted:

I'm not sure, I obtained it by shady means.

It's just the original home video/DVD version including the old 'exclusive' backstage interviews they used to have with Coach for the home video releases except with that match ommitted, but the Benoit. Maybe it's from the Wrestlemania box set?

The box set was released well before the murders. I would imagine the only copy that would omit Benoit would possibly be an airing from WWE 24/7, or some kind of foreign release that came after, maybe.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Timby posted:

They mention Simpson though because he was drat near legendary. Carruth, however, just sucked.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

CombineThresher posted:

On the other hand, Michael Vick still has a job.

And OJ's still in the Hall.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

And OJ's still in the Hall.

OJ Simpson was never convicted of murder, contrary to popular belief.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Duke posted:

I think it was on Saturday Night Live where they said,"OJ Simpson was sentenced to prison for theft and assault this week but really it was for murder."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Duke posted:

He was found liable of wrongful death. Good enough for me.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I think it was on Saturday Night Live where they said,"OJ Simpson was sentenced to prison for theft and assault this week but really it was for murder."

Norm MacDonald was better after the original verdict.

"Well, it's official: murder is now legal in the state of California."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Duke posted:

Norm MacDonald was better

Well..... yeah!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

He was found liable of wrongful death. Good enough for me.

That means slightly more than nothing. Just slightly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

That means slightly more than nothing. Just slightly.

Which is pretty much how much he paid

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Well..... yeah!
Ever since a weekend of Binging on Norm movies and comedy specials many years ago, I've added hugely abrupt descriptors to my calls for peoples' attention. The way he says things like, "Hey you! Prostitute!" or "Hey! Homeless guy!"

How's this wrestling related, you ask?

Well I used to work security with a guy who did backyard wrestling and wouldn't shut up about it. One day I couldn't remember his name and I just yelled out "Hey you! Yard tard!"

He'd never heard the term before.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
You should have said "Hey! Pretend Cop!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oldpainless posted:

If HHH wrestled HHH, the result...

would be a draw.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Endorph posted:

If HHH wrestled HHH, the result...

would be a draw.

drat RIGHT IT WOULD DRAW BROTHER!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Norm MacDonald must guest host.

"I tell ya, this Goldust guy is as gay as a gay dollar bill"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Perry Normal posted:

Norm MacDonald must guest host.

"I tell ya, this Goldust guy is as gay as a gay dollar bill"

Sadly, Heidenreich's no longer on the roster to be asked how much he loves David Hasselhoff.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
"Miz, your WWE championship opponent tonight is...

...you guessed it, Frank Stallone."

And then Frank Stallone comes shambling down the ramp there.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
"40 is a ripe old age for a Rabid Wolverine!"

Norm after the Crocodile Hunter died

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pneub posted:

"Miz, your WWE championship opponent tonight is...

...you guessed it, Frank Stallone."

And then Frank Stallone comes shambling down the ramp there.

I would mark for a Frank Stallone joke more than anything else any wrestling company could do.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norm's roast of Bob Saget is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

sportsgenius86 posted:

Norm's roast of Bob Saget is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life.

Gilbert Godfried had the best roast that show. Though MacDonald's was a loving riot for a different reason.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

The best part is, there really are people out there who do not get why that was funny.

"Norm McDonald? Wasn't he the one who was making all the lame, boring jokes?"

I have been told that, and proceeded to ignore that person's opinion for the rest of forever.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rotinaj posted:

The best part is, there really are people out there who do not get why that was funny.

"Norm McDonald? Wasn't he the one who was making all the lame, boring jokes?"

I have been told that, and proceeded to ignore that person's opinion for the rest of forever.

"Norm, watching your set was like watching Henry Fonda pick blueberries... Wait, he wants to say something."

"I was just going to say, I don't think there's a person here who wouldn't LOVE to watch Henry Fonda pick blueberries!"

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Tyma posted:

There must have been some instance of a champion getting stripped of a title, setting up a tourmament to determine the new champion, and then having the previous champion win the tournament?

Closest I can think of: Owen lost the IC title to Austin in the match that broke his neck, Austin forfeited the belt & Owen won the tournament to regain it.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
The second worst part about that match was how they had to make Austin win with that pathetic rollup.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Wojtek posted:

The second worst part about that match was how they had to make Austin win with that pathetic rollup.

The pre-match stipulation was that if Austin lost, he would pull down Owen's pants and kiss his rear end right there in the ring.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wojtek posted:

All things considered it could've been worse - refs and Owen knew Austin was seriously hurt (he laid in the ring for over a minute without moving) but in reality they should have brought EMTs out to tend to Austin and ended the match right there. You can even tell by how hushed the crowd got, and the fact that Owen didn't go for a pin, that something was seriously wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Owen going for the pin and then rear end-teabagging Austin (per the stips of the match :v:) would've been great heat.