Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
On the technology tip, here is a quote from the howardstern.com rundown of Monday's show:

quote:

[Palin] lists Congresspeople who are against guns...each person on the map here--like for example, here’s her name: Gabrielle Giffords. These are people ‘in the crosshairs.’ And you can see there’s a big giant scope.” [Don’t bother trying to see this for yourself, this content has been taken off her Website]

Uhhh, right. Here, buddy, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palin+target+map . So apparently whoever is writing the rundowns is a bit of a dunce as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbon
Feb 22, 2004
chang chang!
there's really nothing interesting going on with the show at the moment, pretty boring

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

therapy posted:

The worst part is that they have about a 10-20% understanding of everything and they think it's like a 50-70% understanding. And Robin thinks she understands it 150% and tries to explain it, and nobody can call her out anymore.

Just once, I'd like to see JD or somebody come into the room and go "Look, Robin, you're loving out of your mind. Android is an OS, not a phone. There are like fifty loving Android-based phones."

Then she'll say "I was just about to say - aren't there like a bunch of phones? Like the Droid X and the Droid 2 and Droid Galaxy or something?"

And then, in my fantasy, she's beheaded by a loose microphone boom.

No, the worst part is thinking Gary and John Hein are tech geniuses and sending them to CES.

daveslash posted:

The best thing in the world was when King of all Blacks was talking about how much he loved his EVO and then when on to say that "android is garbage."

Yeah and there was silence from Gary and John Hein.....

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Skitz posted:

On the technology tip, here is a quote from the howardstern.com rundown of Monday's show:

Uhhh, right. Here, buddy, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palin+target+map . So apparently whoever is writing the rundowns is a bit of a dunce as well.

I don't understand what you are saying here.
The map was removed from her website.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 11, 2011

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Right. But it hasn't disappeared from the internet. It is entirely possible that I am misreading a bit of sarcasm from whomever wrote the rundown, but it doesn't seem that way.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

What the average consumer thinks and what is true is hardly ever the same. There is a phone called Droid, there is an OS called Android. From now until the history of phones is over, people won't care which one you call it and if you point it out you might as well be rolling around in a Stephen Hawkings wheelchair on your way to a D&D camp for all anyone cares.

I don't give them poo poo over that, that is common place stuff. The real funny stuff is when they invent sim chips that go in cars and play music.

I so badly want to make fun of people for getting all spergy about the tech talk on Stern and how protective they get over their gay-rear end phones, but then I remember how much it drives me nuts when Howard says he's a comic book expert and half butchers every fact he throws out about comics. We've all got our bugaboos, I guess.

Frell
Oct 25, 2004
I know this subject has been done to death at this point but I was randomly listening to old Stern shows that I've saved up and laughed my rear end off when I came across this quote from December 15th 2000. Howard just announced his new contract. A reporter asked "Does this contract give you more time off?"

Howard's response was very confident: "You can only take a certain amount of weeks off in radio. Radio is habitual. People tune in every day to hear it. It's not like the Tonight Show where you can take Fridays off or Monday off or something like this. You know, Johnny Carson worked out a contract where he showed up three days a week and I don't think I can be like that. Either your committed to it and you're here every day for the audience pretty much, you know, you take your vacation days and stuff but if I'm going to do it I've got to be aggressive about it."

Cue Fred's Baba Booey/Price is Right fail sound clip.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Frell posted:

I know this subject has been done to death at this point but I was randomly listening to old Stern shows that I've saved up and laughed my rear end off when I came across this quote from December 15th 2000. Howard just announced his new contract. A reporter asked "Does this contract give you more time off?"

There's quite a few of these going around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy5vGNePPFA

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Skitz posted:

Right. But it hasn't disappeared from the internet. It is entirely possible that I am misreading a bit of sarcasm from whomever wrote the rundown, but it doesn't seem that way.

No, you're just reading too much into the statement entirely. The content was taken off her website, just like the rundown says. Whether or not it is available elsewhere is a different matter (and something the rundown does not address).

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Butthole Prince posted:

No, you're just reading too much into the statement entirely. The content was taken off her website, just like the rundown says. Whether or not it is available elsewhere is a different matter (and something the rundown does not address).

Meh, whateva. It could be read a couple different ways, but rather than quibble over semantics, I'll just concede that I probably am reading too much into it and blame it on the writer for not phrasing it more effectively. Who cares.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Holy poo poo, High Pitch Eric can speak in a deep voice if he tries.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Skitz posted:

Meh, whateva. It could be read a couple different ways, but rather than quibble over semantics, I'll just concede that I probably am reading too much into it and blame it on the writer for not phrasing it more effectively. Who cares.

EDIT: LOL

Wooty fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 11, 2011

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Anyone else find Howard commenting on the hotness of that dead 9-year-old girl's mom...disturbing? Usually nothing he says ever really phases me, but something about that just seemed wrong.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
a) Howard thinks Burberry is the brand that fits his 58 year old whiteboy lifestyle? Haha.

b) Obviously he doesn't realize that UK brands have UK sizing, and a UK 12 is a US 13 so those boots would probably fit him just fine.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Holy poo poo, High Pitch Eric can speak in a deep voice if he tries.

Yep, his deep voice is also his impersonation of KC. He says it hurts to talk like that for long periods of time.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

-Atom- posted:

When Gary came in to talk about sports today I kept thinking 'yeah this guy can't throw a ball' while he's spewing this football knowledge like he's the resident expert.

The sad thing is that out of that bunch Gary is an expert. Other than Robin and Tennis (I'm assuming because I don't know poo poo about tennis) none of them know anything about sports.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07
Listening to the bro segment now on H101 is one of the worst segments with Robin annoying the poo poo out of me.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I can't explain in words how much I want Gary to do a show with Farrell and try to keep up with the sports talk

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

dyn posted:

Listening to the bro segment now on H101 is one of the worst segments with Robin annoying the poo poo out of me.

She really is an insufferable oval office during the segment.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

MrMidnight posted:

Yep, his deep voice is also his impersonation of KC. He says it hurts to talk like that for long periods of time.

FOOTBALL! BASEBALL! WHO CARES! THEY'RE ALL GOING IN YOUR MOUTH!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Just got one of those "why did you cancel" surveys from Sirius. The first question is do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
You agree, disagree or chose no opinion.
"Howard Stern is not on the air as much as he was when you first signed up"

I wonder how many people are really canceling because of him doing less shows.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Holy poo poo, they took a psychological exam? These type of bits are like heroin to me.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
d

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 30, 2016

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Richard :allears:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Did anyone hear King of All Blacks today? That man is a mess. I still have no idea why he told Gary those shoes were a 13. Did anyone else follow?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Howard cut him off before he could explain, his connection was terrible. I can't wait for KOABs father to croak giving him full access to all that money and blowing it on ralph lauren purple label and Burberry shoes. He's going to wind up poor, begging for money.

Is anyone else having problems with streaming the show. The Sirius app kicked me out saying y account was invalid and the pocket tunes app keeps having connection problems.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Maybe KOAB was assuming that since Burberry was a British company then they have their shoe sizes in UK sizing? A UK 12 is a US 13. Thats the only thing I could think of.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Howard cut him off before he could explain, his connection was terrible. I can't wait for KOABs father to croak giving him full access to all that money and blowing it on ralph lauren purple label and Burberry shoes. He's going to wind up poor, begging for money.

I imagine when KOAB does kick off, he'll be found in a Walmart aisleway. In one hand, his Bridge card. In the other, a can of shaving cream. Generic shaving cream. And the look in his dead eyes will be one of horror.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Is anyone else having problems with streaming the show. The Sirius app kicked me out saying y account was invalid and the pocket tunes app keeps having connection problems.

Goddamn...that happens ALL the loving time. That app is a piece of poo poo. I am surprised to hear that Pocket Tunes is having problems - never really had any issues with that.

Re: KOAB. I was afraid they were going to talk to him and let him tell his story, what ended up happening was hysterical. They were talking over him like he wasn't on the phone and then they hung up on him. :lol:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Just got one of those "why did you cancel" surveys from Sirius. The first question is do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
You agree, disagree or chose no opinion.
"Howard Stern is not on the air as much as he was when you first signed up"

I wonder how many people are really canceling because of him doing less shows.

That's what I told them when I was going to cancel. But I took the 50% off for a year and 3 months free internet. They're cutting deals all over the place. I don't know anyone who has paid full price for Sirius/XM.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

AxeManiac posted:

Also, yeah, it is hard to bag on Robin for her sick cat. She has the money, might as well take care of the poor thing. I'm amazed she hasn't started her pets on green drink.

Yeah, I love kitties too. But I'd probably put it to sleep if I had to do that. But then I'm not an aristocrat like Robin.

As for the green drink thing, I must be having Deja Vu, because I'd swear they were talking about that this morning when I was listening.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

So, remember today when they were talking about homeless radio guy and one of them (Robin maybe?) said something to the effect of: "Give it time, he'll be in trouble again"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/01/ted-williams-homeless-man-with-golden-voice-detained-by-lapd.html/

I am sure they will be talking about this tomorrow.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

Kelly posted:

So, remember today when they were talking about homeless radio guy and one of them (Robin maybe?) said something to the effect of: "Give it time, he'll be in trouble again"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/01/ted-williams-homeless-man-with-golden-voice-detained-by-lapd.html/

I am sure they will be talking about this tomorrow.
I was just going to say that!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

daveslash posted:

I was just going to say that!

Four inches is fine!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
WHAT THE F IS GOING ON HERE?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
gently caress me in my tight little pussy.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

That's what I told them when I was going to cancel. But I took the 50% off for a year and 3 months free internet. They're cutting deals all over the place. I don't know anyone who has paid full price for Sirius/XM.

I can't see how that business model is going to work. Sure, you can report a large number of subscribers, but if most of them are in at a discount, you're losing money (assuming the standard cost of a subscription provides a minimal profit above operating costs).

Crap - I interrupted a Robin burn run.

Here's mine:

HAW! HAW! HAW!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

I can't see how that business model is going to work. Sure, you can report a large number of subscribers, but if most of them are in at a discount, you're losing money (assuming the standard cost of a subscription provides a minimal profit above operating costs).

Crap - I interrupted a Robin burn run.

Here's mine:

HAW! HAW! HAW!

I'm starting to wonder if Sirius will make it five years at this point. Bubba mentioned something about money and waste, but you have to really wonder how they're doing it at this point.

Oh, and check out Eric the Midget's birthday wishes for Howard. At the beginning he says he's never calling in it. Halfway through he starts begging for Bubba's old time slot. It's insane.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCBESJTFSk

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCBESJTFSk

I swear he looks like an alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
It's just not the same without the Mars Attacks music in the background.