Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Dizz posted:

Is there some way/place I can get lowbie fixer nanos? Everytime fixer nano shop I find just has high rear end nanos which sell for like 80k+.

I only have 6k credits :geno:

As I have been helped, so too shall I help. Are you omni?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Armadillos! posted:

As I have been helped, so too shall I help. Are you omni?

Neutral. No idea how I go omni as I haven't found one of those dudes.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Dizz posted:

Neutral. No idea how I go omni as I haven't found one of those dudes.

You buy an omni clan application from a basic... bookstore, I think? If you do that, then come to rome, I can give you a some credits for nanos and stuff :)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Armadillos! posted:

You buy an omni clan application from a basic... bookstore, I think? If you do that, then come to rome, I can give you a some credits for nanos and stuff :)

That wont be necessary. I remember I had an alt from way back when and I just need to transfer funds/items

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

Dizz posted:

That wont be necessary. I remember I had an alt from way back when and I just need to transfer funds/items

Well, if you're sure :)

Deacon Blues
Aug 8, 2007

by I Ozma Myself
If I remember correctly, the best place to get cheap nanos are from mission rewards or dyna boss drops. I think most of the good fixer hots are dyna boss drops. The nanos in the shops do cost credits, which are easily earned by running missions and selling *everything* you don't use.

http://arpa3.net/anarchy-online/ is a really ugly website that will list the nano formulas for each profession and where to find them, dyna boss, shops, drops, etc.

Staying neutral will probably make you cry later on.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah I just transferred some carb gears and credits over to my dude. Now all I need to do is level up a bunch.

Also became Omni :toot:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Watchlar posted:

Just took a look at the current subscription options, what the loving poo poo FC €17,19 for 1 month?!?! There goes any plans I had over renewing the sub, who the gently caress would charge this much for a 9 year old game :wtc:

:drat:

Remembered it wrong earlier. That's a stupid price for a cash shop game this old and also the most expensive mmorpg sub I've seen. Maybe FC knows they have a niche scifi mmorpg and there are nerd scrubs who will pay.

Dizz posted:

fixer fixer :geno:

Remember to make yourself a NCU hacker interface. Buy a lockpick and a nano-programming interface from any store and mush them together with great vigor. Makes a nice leveling item.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 12, 2011

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Armadillos! posted:

You can be a sl00b for $5 (or whatever it is in your euroworld), that's not so bad. Though frankly, with all there is to do in AO, I'd say it's still worth a full price. But if you want the latest in nipple rendering and extreme flying, age of wowcraft is thataway -->

I think you missed the fact that I'm an old player with all expansions and a 220. For me, the SL sub really isn't an option if I want to access my main fixer.

I mean that pricetag is simply absurd. They're offering me a 1 year deal for 100-something euros, which isn't THAT bad, but I'd rather just pop in for like a month and check how things are. Managed to miss the free 30 day comeback deal.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Remember to make yourself a NCU hacker interface. Buy a lockpick and a nano-programming interface from any store and mush them together with great vigor. Makes a nice leveling item.

Wiggity what? :confused:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Dizz posted:

Wiggity what? :confused:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=158417

Starts at QL 1, you just click it every level and it levels up.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=158417

Starts at QL 1, you just click it every level and it levels up.

Thanks for this! It'll help me reach grid armor stats quicker!

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
Man oh man I'm so bitter now, I really want to get back to some hacker action to satisfy my deviant needs. Here's to hoping SW:TOR will somehow make up for it with the Smuggler class :(

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
So what's the predominantly goony omni corp? I need a home.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Watchlar posted:

Man oh man I'm so bitter now, I really want to get back to some hacker action to satisfy my deviant needs. Here's to hoping SW:TOR will somehow make up for it with the Smuggler class :(

Sometimes you just need to lie yourself something, close eyes and press the resub button.

Helmholz posted:

So what's the predominantly goony omni corp? I need a home.

GoonCorp on RK1 Omni side. It has a city and all but it's kinda like a quiet retirement home you can go to when you wanna just sit alone in a corner and wait to die. Still, there's a few active people around. And as a plus side, you don't need to join roflbot every time logging in.

If you actually want constant teaming and maybe raid, find another org. You can still join roflbot and shoot the poo poo.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 12, 2011

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

quote:

GoonCorp on RK1 Omni side. It has a city and all but it's kinda like a quiet retirement home you can go to when you wanna just sit alone in a corner and wait to die. Still, there's a few active people around. And as a plus side, you don't need to join roflbot every time logging in.

Sounds good, would someone from GoonCorp please invite Helmholz as soon as you can? Thank you!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Would I still be able to play my fixer if I stop my subscriptions of the expansions or choose to only be a Sl00b?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

^ I don't think you can "unsub" expansions. Might be wrong but I went through the account pages relatively thoroughly some time ago and can't remember seeing some sort of downgrade option.

Helmholz posted:

Sounds good, would someone from GoonCorp please invite Helmholz as soon as you can? Thank you!

People don't read this thread that much. Better to just stalk roflbot and shout out if you see someone from GC log on. Almost everyone there seem to have at least one char that can invite.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Fewd posted:

^ I don't think you can "unsub" expansions. Might be wrong but I went through the account pages relatively thoroughly some time ago and can't remember seeing some sort of downgrade option.

I think you're right. I tried to see if I could downgrade my old account so I could play Notum Wars for free, but they want me to keep paying a subscription fee. It's a good thing I've got the fr00b account to play on.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Not even an hour into it and I'm already causing trouble.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Helmholz posted:

welp

Gotta say that transferring credits, or anything for that matter, through someone else in AO is really loving stupid so he kinda had it coming. I mean, you could easily mail things or just make yourself a froob account to mule over whatever.

But nope, clearly better to transfer credits through some unknown newbie looking guy in poo poo gear.

e: also, /tell roflbot guestlist remove and /tell roflbot !leave
(unless you like double chat)

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Dizz posted:

Is there some way/place I can get lowbie fixer nanos? Everytime fixer nano shop I find just has high rear end nanos which sell for like 80k+.

I only have 6k credits :geno:

Blitz your nanos. It's what fixers do best. If you have to buy a nano that can be rolled you're doing it wrong.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So apparently I can't play anymore cause it tells me it's not paid :confused:

I check my account on the site and it says the payment failed but whenever I try to enter the CCV/CVC number it just sits there and does nothing.

Am I doing it wrong or is this a firefox problem?

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

Reactivated my old account (as did Quise), now I've got a lvl 70 Fixer to play around with :D

And he's got a level 52 Engineer. Needs some twinking to be able to use higher bots (his current is a 67).

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Oh man, if this game had a bigger population and teaming was a whole lot easier I'd be playing it non stop.

I'm currently waiting for the new engine to come out, hopefully they do some sort of advertising promo for it. No MMO to date has come close to AO.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

So as a level 70 fixer, what gear should I be looking out for? I only have a few mil, so things like combined sharpshooter stuff is right out (unless someone wants to donate a piece or two, woo!)

I've got stuff like the ncu hacker interface, I picked up a bundle of twisting nerves, using a ql99 beamer.. but what else? My armor is kinda crap for my level (ql 69 carbonum? psh!), I'm using ql100 store implants..

level 70 is getting to the point where you can do fun stuff with gear, right?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Armadillos! posted:

So as a level 70 fixer, what gear should I be looking out for? I only have a few mil, so things like combined sharpshooter stuff is right out (unless someone wants to donate a piece or two, woo!)

I've got stuff like the ncu hacker interface, I picked up a bundle of twisting nerves, using a ql99 beamer.. but what else? My armor is kinda crap for my level (ql 69 carbonum? psh!), I'm using ql100 store implants..

Grumps is 70 too :buddy::hf::buddy:

I just put 143 per beamer on Grumps yesterday and that was with lovely ql90 implants and no buffing gear whatsoever, so you could basically upgrade the weapon a bit if you wanted. Also since you're a fixer, I'd start eyeballing at predator set. They go for something like 2-4m a piece so it's not overly expensive, except sleeves. Those go for 10m.

Although, Grumps picked up last predator pants that were on gms yesterday. Sorry ok

e: hope you and Quise are on today, could crap out a moch/wranglebot and go hunt ely tiigs

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 13, 2011

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Armadillos! posted:

If you're in SL, scour dungeon chests for Mystical Force pieces. They're NODROP and random but excellent for fixers and free. Also look into getting Apocalypse Leather armour or Omni Steel Ribbed depending on your faction, I used it all the time when I was leveling my fixer and it goes into the 200's in terms of level range. You'll just need to supply an able hacker (break and entry) with a piece of any Leather armour of your liking (not Rhinoman) and an Omnifier or Clanalizer, QL 50 items which drop from mission chests and can be pulled. If you raise your B&E as much as you should, there's a good chance you can even make the stuff yourself. It's good for any evade class and very cheap.

Always go for the maximum level armour you can equip. This is usually 20-30 levels above you, so check your stats and compare them and make a lot of calculations on what you can buff up (hint: everything).

E: gently caress it I'm rolling a Sloob account today and starting from scratch. Shame having a few hundred mil on my main account, and some viralbots to sell :(

Snooty fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 13, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Dizz posted:

So apparently I can't play anymore cause it tells me it's not paid :confused:

I check my account on the site and it says the payment failed but whenever I try to enter the CCV/CVC number it just sits there and does nothing.

Am I doing it wrong or is this a firefox problem?

I just had that but it was because I had forgotten to update new expire time for cc. Check with the customer support if that's not it, they've usually gotten my stuff fixed pretty fast.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Watchlar posted:

E: gently caress it I'm rolling a Sloob account today and starting from scratch. Shame having a few hundred mil on my main account, and some viralbots to sell :(

Look at the bright side. When you break down and resub, you got a good pocket account. v:downs:v

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Fewd posted:

Look at the bright side. When you break down and resub, you got a good pocket account. v:downs:v

Thanks I'm already doubting this decision. At least I can just cancel it when I run into the inevitable frustration and rage over the game again. I just can't help it, it's still got such a special place in my heart. I had wanted for Earthrise to be awesome but it's a complete mess instead. :gonk:

Snooty fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 18, 2018

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Watchlar posted:

At least I can just cancel it when I run into the inevitable frustration and rage over the game again.

I got similar love-hate relationship with AO. Rage part must wait though since I feel compelled to sub a month after this free one runs out.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Fewd posted:

I got similar love-hate relationship with AO. Rage part must wait though since I feel compelled to sub a month after this free one runs out.

I've long tried to put a finger on why. It must be the dated, unintuitive mechanics and lovely old engine paired with the absolutely amazing atmosphere and setting. It still somehow manages to be the most immersive multiplayer game I've ever touched. I find myself really wanting for this game to get up to date and flourish like it deserves, just because so many people are missing out on an awesome experience hidden inside a wrapper that's got a pocket knife and stabs you in the hand every time you try to open it.
I can't say I care that much about just about any other game out there. There simply isn't enough science fiction on the market right now.

Snooty fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 18, 2018

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Fewd posted:

I love this game, but it's really hard to justify paying $15 a month for a 9 year old game with very few players and an ancient engine that doesn't cope well with modern machines.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

uPen posted:

I love this game, but it's really hard to justify paying $15 a month for a 9 year old game with very few players and an ancient engine that doesn't cope well with modern machines.

I'm actually surprised how many people I've seen last week. Borealis is pretty packed on Euro afternoons and evenings. Yesterday I took my shade and went to pick up some perennium parts from ely hecks and that place was completely packed from south beach to eastfang brink.

No matter where I killed hecks, someone would instantly materialize behind me and start bitching about how I'm hitting THEIR ROCKS. It was like 2003 all over when NTs had their precious own pissing territories to kite ingots at.

:whoptc: I just wanted to make one little weapon, gently caress you all.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Fewd posted:

I'm actually surprised how many people I've seen last week. Borealis is pretty packed on Euro afternoons and evenings. Yesterday I took my shade and went to pick up some perennium parts from ely hecks and that place was completely packed from south beach to eastfang brink.

No matter where I killed hecks, someone would instantly materialize behind me and start bitching about how I'm hitting THEIR ROCKS. It was like 2003 all over when NTs had their precious own pissing territories to kite ingots at.

:whoptc: I just wanted to make one little weapon, gently caress you all.

You're really tempting me to resubscribe (I played AO from 2003 to 2006): please just tell me I won't have to wait 45 min/1 hour 'till I can find a drat group to play.
I don't care about old graphics, I just want to play a mmorpg with other people . NOT forced soloing. :argh:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Knightsoul posted:

You're really tempting me to resubscribe (I played AO from 2003 to 2006): please just tell me I won't have to wait 45 min/1 hour 'till I can find a drat group to play.
I don't care about old graphics, I just want to play a mmorpg with other people . NOT forced soloing. :argh:

Oh, don't get any false hopes about high levels though. It's still hell trying to find inf, or sometimes even adonis teams. I originally started a second account just because finding inf teams was becoming ridiculous.

e: There are new instances like Dark Ruins and S7 but I don't know how easy it's to find teams for them as I don't have any active chars on the 150-200 range.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 13, 2011

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Fewd posted:

Oh, don't get any false hopes about high levels though. It's still hell trying to find inf, or sometimes even adonis teams. I originally started a second account just because finding inf teams was becoming ridiculous.

You are speaking the truth here. When I last played over the past summer I ended up multiboxing a 220 fixer, 210+ enfo, 210+ doc and a 215 crat just to run my own inferno missions. If I didn't I would simply sit on LFT for a long time.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

readded my credit info in hopes if it registering my purchase so I can play again. Gonna wait 24 hours before I send another ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Helmholz posted:

FYI, this isn't Eve and this isn't cool. It's also a great way of loving yourself over in this game in the long run, as well as the rest of your corp mates.

• Locked thread