Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I get the feeling that the court wouldn't be okay with Annie bringing Reynardine to the forest, where he could be stolen, and given a real body again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I wonder if Tom will pull a timeskip on us and concentrate the following strips on Kats Vacation Adventure. Then after the skip we get to see SSJ2Annie beat up some tictocs.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

Ka0 posted:

I wonder if Tom will pull a timeskip on us and concentrate the following strips on Kats Vacation Adventure. Then after the skip we get to see SSJ2Annie beat up some tictocs.

I'm legitimately interested in seeing this, partly because I want to see the world of gunnerkrigg outside of the court and partly because It would be interesting to have some Kat-centric time.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

The 19th Person posted:

I'm legitimately interested in seeing this, partly because I want to see the world of gunnerkrigg outside of the court and partly because It would be interesting to have some Kat-centric time.

And you don't want to see what life in Gilitie Wood is really like, or what the other forest creatures really think of Ysengrin and Coyote, etc?

I have a suspicion that Gillitie Wood is not nearly as idyllic as Coyote presented. For all Ysengrin's talk of how the forest creatures are scared of her, the one time Annie was in the forest unaccompanied (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=140 and surrounding comics), the fairies she met there were not at all scared, but rather curious about the court, and indeed were willing to go so far as to be killed (they are not able to get to the Court by themselves, as suicide is cheating) to get away from the woods and into the court. Ysengrin later kills them, and well, I suppose that's what they wanted, but still...

I suspect Gillitie Wood is a fun place to visit, but not at all a fun place to live in, and be subject to Coyote and Ysengrin's whims on a daily basis.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 11, 2011

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

Fangz posted:

And you don't want to see what life in Gillitie Forest is really like, or what the other forest creatures think of Ysengrin and Coyote, etc?

EDIT: The original response I put here was dumb. I removed it moments after posting.

I'd rather see a world where flying cars and hyper-advanced robotics have been proven possible than some dumb animals. :awesome:

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 11, 2011

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I suspect the world outside the court, like the world outside Hogwarts in the Harry Potter series, doesn't make a lot of sense, for the same reasons.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I suspect the world outside the court, like the world outside Hogwarts in the Harry Potter series, doesn't make a lot of sense, for the same reasons.

Nobody cares about it? Muggle Studies is the worst class.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The 19th Person posted:

I wanna see him go back and forth, tell a Kat story alongside an Annie story.

Kat going to Cloud City and meeting Lando while Annie trains on Dagobah-type thing.

(I've been watching the Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars prequel trilogies and it's made me nostalgic for the original trilogy, pardon my geek analogy.)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

quote:

Kat going to Cloud City and meeting Lando while Annie trains on Dagobah-type thing.

I see this more as Kat returning from Utapau to find Annie's gone and killed all the younglings, the silly girl.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Fangz posted:

I see this more as Kat returning from Utapau to find Annie's gone and killed all the younglings, the silly girl.

Shush! You're ruining the moment.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Fangz posted:

Only if she gets to fight an evil robot general. :allears:

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Maybe she'll build a robot general that ends up being evil and they forget their differences and fight it together

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Hey it got dark for some reason. I'm guessing it's Coyote, about to make a scene and welcome her to her new home?

e: Actually, upon rereading, it feels more like time just froze. Might be a new character.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Yeah, this looks interesting.

Also, semi-smackdown from Jones there.

My wild speculation is that this is Coyote freezing her, because she's boring or upsetting Annie. Would be a nice little introduction to what Coyote is really like.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43DXq2dkRMY

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Staggy posted:

My wild speculation is that this is Coyote freezing her, because she's boring or upsetting Annie.

I think if just Jones was frozen, then just Jones would have lost her color. It looks more like everything is frozen except for Annie.

I agree that it might be someone new. I don't think this is Coyote.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

You know, does time even run at the same rate in Gillitie Wood?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I'm sure it's probably been discussed, but as lovely as this comic looks, I really think he over uses blank faces in the middle distance.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

ShineDog posted:

I'm sure it's probably been discussed, but as lovely as this comic looks, I really think he over uses blank faces in the middle distance.
I don't think that's been discussed at all. Can you give an example of what you're talking about? I'm curious.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
He's talking about how Siddell doesn't draw faces on his people when they're zoomed out, maybe because he doesn't draw in a high enough resolution (or with too thick of a pen) to be able to put in those tiny details?

An example is the last panel of the most recent comic.

Personally, I don't think it's too bad. I'd rather have them left blank if Siddell can't get it to look right small, rather than him doing a bad job of it (like giving them dot eyes and a smile or something)

edit: HERE'S a few examples from the most recent chapter. I think it's been more noticeable just now because Ysengrin often gets his tiny eyes missed out, and Jones's face is rarely drawn unless it can be drawn in full since part of her design is that her face is always the same.

Noonsaliwah fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 12, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Noonsaliwah posted:

He's talking about how Siddell doesn't draw faces on his people when they're zoomed out, maybe because he doesn't draw in a high enough resolution (or with too thick of a pen) to be able to put in those tiny details?

I doubt it's that, it's either a deliberate stylistic choice or a concession to speed, or both.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

Dio Brando what are you doing in the Gillete wood? You don't belong there.

Knives are gonna start flying at any moment.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

The 19th Person posted:

Dio Brando what are you doing in the Gillete wood? You don't belong there.

Makes me think of something from this post in the GC forum fanart thread:

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

There's something really funny about Kat awkwardly trying to Jojo-pose.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

idonotlikepeas posted:

Makes me think of something from this post in the GC forum fanart thread:

Wow, there's some pretty good fanart in that thread.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Actually, it would be interesting to see if we meet bird dude again.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I was sort of hoping the nice family she'd get to stay with would be Aly's.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
It's possible. I mean Kat was the only one who never got to see him again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Personally, I'm hoping for Red's family.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

How old are the kids now? Annie looks a lot older in these last few pages.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Unless Tom has changed his mind, he said that Aly would never be in the story again.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Mercury Hat posted:

I was sort of hoping the nice family she'd get to stay with would be Aly's.

Aly from Cairo.

Aaaaauuuugh. How am I this slow.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Milli posted:

How old are the kids now? Annie looks a lot older in these last few pages.
The story covers Antimony's time at school, of which she is finishing her second year. The kids, they grow up so fast! v:unsmith:v

Wikipedia says that puts her around 12 or 13.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Calaveron posted:

Personally, I'm hoping for Red's family.
Who's Red?

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003

Elysiume posted:

Who's Red?

Thew fairy who became a human and wanted her hair to stick up again.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=315

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Coyote is a diiiiiiick.

New comic, by the way.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Yikes! Coyote is serious about secrets.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Annie why did you trust a trickster god? Now look what he's gone and done! I hope you're happy :(

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elftor posted:

Thew fairy who became a human and wanted her hair to stick up again.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=315
I thought it was her but the link off the castlist didn't have her name :argh:

Also, wow, Coyote is...pretty draconian about certain matters. I wonder what makes it so significant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Is that tooth a Big Deal? :I
drat though, Coyote so casual about being a total rear end in a top hat out of nowhere. Annie may have just trapped herself into the summer from hell.