Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
The guy who played the old grumpy man who hates George Jerry and hangs out with him died yesterday. RIP.

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a295960/seinfeld-actor-bill-erwin-dies-aged-96.html

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

George warned him he could go at any time!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That was Jerry's cantankerous old charge with the haitian caretaker and the record collection. George's old guy was the decrepit mastermind from the saw movies.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Are you the boyfriend? I know she's got a boyfriend? Are you here to kill me? You're going to kill an old man you COWARD?!

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
I would like to dip my bald head in oil and rub it all over your body.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

That was Jerry's cantankerous old charge with the haitian caretaker and the record collection. George's old guy was the decrepit mastermind from the saw movies.

Wow, correcting one point only to be wrong on two. The caretaker was from Senegal (wild, wild stuff) and Tobin Bell played the record store owner, not George's old man.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Chunk posted:

One of tonight's episodes is about faking orgasms. That episode screwed me up so much as a kid, really made me think the female orgasm was completely impossible to achieve.

Haha same here, I think I never completely trusted that my first girlfriend was being honest in bed and it eventually destroyed our relationship.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

neoboman posted:

The caretaker was from Senegal (wild, wild stuff) and Tobin Bell played the record store owner, not George's old man.
"Well, you know, the important thing is that you learned something."
"No I didn't."

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
ELAINE: Oh, hi. This is Hal. Hal, this is Kramer. Kramer, Hal.

KRAMER: Hal, .. uh Langerhans.

HAL: Kitzmiller.

KRAMER: Oh, Kitzmiller. That's right

That line always got me.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I have a question for you Seinfeld experts.

There's one episode where George is telling the story to Jerry of his night with a girl, where he mentions that he felt a sudden "urge" and had to make an excuse and leave. I was never quite clear on what this urge was. Did he fart on her or something?

If it helps pinpoint the episode, I think the excuse he made when he left was that he had an expiring bus transfer.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

He had to take a huge dump and her bathroom was like, right in her living room.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
and remember that George's shits are a pretty complicated affair

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
Thank goodness for the iToilet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"So I tell her,"I think I should leave now", and she looks at me surprised, as if she couldn't understand what had just happened and why I was leaving... the only excuse that I could fathom would be acceptable is to tell her that I am indeed Batman, and I'm sorry I just saw that Bat signal out the window."

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
GEORGE: (emerging from bathroom, buttoning his shirt) A gymnast! I can't believe it, you didn't tell me she was a gymnast.

JERRY: (watching George buttoning his shirt) What is this?

GEORGE: What, I'm puttin' my shirt back on.

JERRY: (stares at George, incredulous) "Back on"? What was it doing off?

GEORGE: I take it off when I go to the, uh, y'know, to the "office".

JERRY: (laughing) What for?

GEORGE: Well, it frees me up. No encumbrances.

JERRY: Unbuttoned, or all the way off?

GEORGE: ALL the way, baby!

JERRY: Of course.

For the rest of my life I will laugh at all these jokes.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

T. Finn posted:

and remember that George's shits are a pretty complicated affair

Also remember, according to Jerry, "This could only happen to you."

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

neoboman posted:

Also remember, according to Jerry, "This could only happen to you."

I had something similar happen once, a couple years ago. Had to bolt right out of there, but it was before something was going to start as opposed to during so it was not as embarrassing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MokBa posted:

I had something similar happen once, a couple years ago. Had to bolt right out of there, but it was before something was going to start as opposed to during so it was not as embarrassing.

Have you ever considered incorporating more food into your lovemaking?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerusalem posted:

Have you ever considered incorporating more food into your lovemaking?

I find pastrami to be the most erotic of the dried, cured meats.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
"My name is Bill. I might be the last person you ever see."

I don't know why that line popped into my head just now, but it had my chuckling to myself for a good 15 seconds.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
I don't know if you've seen this, it's a "lost" seinfeld episode about kramer's "incident" at the laugh factory, edited with seinfeld clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsTb_jmqb4

At this point I must say "The Pool Guy" is my favorite episode.

"That's cool, I'm up for some stuff too!"

There should be a real chunnel movie with larry david as the protagonist, leading the way, yelling at everyone to get out of the chunnel.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
-I've got to find a Mohel.

-You should call this off, Elaine. It's a barbaric ritual.

-Perhaps one day when the pigmen roam free it will be stopped. Until then, ooooff with their heads!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

bruckner posted:

There should be a real chunnel movie with larry david as the protagonist, leading the way, yelling at everyone to get out of the chunnel.

It's not really the same thing, but there was this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116040/

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

DrBouvenstein posted:

I find pastrami to be the most erotic of the dried, cured meats.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted, cured meats."

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Jerry: What's that?
Kramer: That's the reaction that Frank and Estelle had when I informed them of George's man-love for She-Jerry.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

bruckner posted:

At this point I must say "The Pool Guy" is my favorite episode.

"How can you show your face there now?"
"Oh, I can't. Newman too, yeah, they revoked our membership. We can't go anywhere near it."

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bruckner posted:

Apparently the English don't watch enough Seinfeld because every time I use the term "chunnel" they look at me like I'm crazy.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
For Sale: Big, juicy van. Interesting trades considered.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
The part in the Reverse Peephole episode when Kramer and Newman find Puddy's (or was it Joe Mayo's?) fur coat in the tree and Kramer automatically thinks it's a dead bear just cracks me up. Yes, there's a dead bear hanging in a tree in the middle of New York City in broad daylight.

Also love how in The Burning, George seems more insane than usual. Not only does that episode contain the infamous "hip musicians/complicated shoes" line, but I love his initial reaction to this:

Kramer: Well, I got gonorrhea!
Elaine: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Kramer: That's what they gave me!
George: ...the government?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Not An Irish Monk posted:

The part in the Reverse Peephole episode when Kramer and Newman find Puddy's (or was it Joe Mayo's?) fur coat in the tree and Kramer automatically thinks it's a dead bear just cracks me up. Yes, there's a dead bear hanging in a tree in the middle of New York City in broad daylight.

"Where did you learn to climb trees like that?"
"The Pacific Northwest!"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Kevyn posted:

"Where did you learn to climb trees like that?"
"The Pacific Northwest!"
Newman can climb trees like a ring-tailed lemur!

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

"Jerry, this is Frank Costanza. Steinbrenner is here, George is dead...call me back"

Probably my favorite line.

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
I'd like to have shoehorn hands!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
What would she have, hooks?
Do hooks make it more attractive, Jerry?
...Kinda cool lookin'

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
It's time to show Neil whose Neil!

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeooRXYmOu8

I just want to post this (or repost it, since someone has probably put it in here somewhere at some point)

Because I think this might be my favorite sequence in all of Seinfeld.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
"Ya kept making all the stops?!"

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Good thinking Cougar.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Not An Irish Monk posted:

Also love how in The Burning, George seems more insane than usual. Not only does that episode contain the infamous "hip musicians/complicated shoes" line, but I love his initial reaction to this:

Kramer: Well, I got gonorrhea!
Elaine: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Kramer: That's what they gave me!
George: ...the government?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luYxUjM3l_k

I had no idea that was the same episode as George going out on a high note. Seinfeld episodes have so many things going on I never know what part of one storyline goes with another part of somebody elses storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OnlyJuanMon posted:

"Ya kept making all the stops?!"
"People kept ringin' the bell!"