Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reiser_FS
Dec 30, 2010
Really excited for the balance patch as engineers are finally going to use tradeskills for their nanos, long overdue if you ask me. We probably won't see it until the end of 2011 though and I really have my doubts that I ever get to see the new engine in action.

The fact that procs of Shades will hit 100% is also quite nice for newcomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
How would I go about having someone assist me in my payment? my info is correct as I can purchase steam games without problems so I know it's not a problem on my side. The status still says pending and the ticket I sent before was a generic "check your info" response.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Dizz posted:

How would I go about having someone assist me in my payment? my info is correct as I can purchase steam games without problems so I know it's not a problem on my side. The status still says pending and the ticket I sent before was a generic "check your info" response.

Tried deleting the payment option and remaking it in case you made a typo? Or try paypal instead?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Tried deleting the payment option and remaking it in case you made a typo? Or try paypal instead?

deleted payment info and retried. if it doesn't work then im gonna try paypal even though I'd rather not use them.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Dizz posted:

deleted payment info and retried. if it doesn't work then im gonna try paypal even though I'd rather not use them.

Same feelings about paypal, just wish they weren't so drat convenient way to move moneys around without handing credit card info all over.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Same feelings about paypal, just wish they weren't so drat convenient way to move moneys around without handing credit card info all over.

Not sure if this keeps you away from their clutches but I choose to pay without logging in or adding a credit card to an account.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Luminous posted:

FYI, this isn't Eve and this isn't cool. It's also a great way of loving yourself over in this game in the long run, as well as the rest of your corp mates.

It seems pretty funny to me, and it also seemed pretty funny to everyone else in GoonCorp chat at the time. I'm going to play and enjoy this game like a goon, and there's very little you can do about it.

PS - It's been almost a week and I haven't heard anything from the GM's. I hope they don't ban my free account. That would be terrible.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Do you think there will be the famous "graphic upgrade" near the 10th anniversay of AO?

reiser_FS
Dec 30, 2010

Knightsoul posted:

Do you think there will be the famous "graphic upgrade" near the 10th anniversay of AO?

Oh boy, how I wish.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
So when is everyone online? I play evenings EST and I've never seen more than 2 people. Are you all just spread across various orgs? GoonCorp feels mighty dead.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
GoonCorp IS dead last I heard. The game population is pretty much at an all-time low, at least that was the impression last I peeked in.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.
I'm usually on from the late morning/early afternoon EST onwards, but I've been sick and busy lately.

But it's time GET BACK ON THE FIXER WAGON.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Yea, since Poit and Chik disintegrated in grid, Futureson has been only one I've seen online sometimes. Well some others too that are usually on roflbot but it doesn't help much that roflbot poo poo itself over a week ago and there's apparently no one to get it back up.

Late GMT afternoon and early evenings here.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I think Roflbot is Vidmaster's toy so bug him.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Tyshalob posted:

I think Roflbot is Vidmaster's toy so bug him.

Okay, sent him a pm about it in case he's around.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Fewd posted:

Yea, since Poit and Chik disintegrated in grid, Futureson has been only one I've seen online sometimes. Well some others too that are usually on roflbot but it doesn't help much that roflbot poo poo itself over a week ago and there's apparently no one to get it back up.

Late GMT afternoon and early evenings here.

Sorry Fewd :(

But I'm back now!

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Fewd posted:

Okay, sent him a pm about it in case he's around.

For the record, he hasn't ran roflbot for a while now and didn't know who does :saddowns:

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Haha well I guess I owe Vidmaster an apology or something. Last I could remember was he was the one keeping it up and running, but I guess that was like two years ago. Sorry about that.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
I had a dream last night I was in AO for real and riding the grid. I've leveled like 3 fixers in the past and after getting them just over the ability to go in the grid I usually quit for whatever reason.

I'm itching to start froob/sloob account to level another one. Anyone wanna join? I know the thread has been dead for over a month. Just checking in to see what activity there still is.

Also if I have an account that has all the expansions on it I know I can't downgrade to a freebie. To get an sloob account I'd have to buy SL again right???

This is starting to feel not worth it. But oh god how the idea of being an awesome fixer again scratches my cyberpunk itch.

Deacon Blues
Aug 8, 2007

by I Ozma Myself
I think you will have to make a new free account with a different email address, which is easy to do. I also get the urge to jump back in to AO. That feeling, for me, tends to go away after playing for a couple hours. Worth the time at the price, though.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

Deacon Blues posted:

I think you will have to make a new free account with a different email address, which is easy to do. I also get the urge to jump back in to AO. That feeling, for me, tends to go away after playing for a couple hours. Worth the time at the price, though.

I feel like that if the game still consists leveling by killing alien ponies, then killing alien panthers, until you can eventually kill alien rock people for the next 200 lvls... my memories of why I quit are slowly returning.

But goddamn was the fixer ever a cool class to have in an MMO.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
If this game had an actual population we'd all be playing it and never go outside and you all know it!

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

blackmanjew posted:

If this game had an actual population we'd all be playing it and never go outside and you all know it!

It's true! Perhaps a newbie drive is in order.

You know I wouldn't even care.. if it weren't for it being the only MMO to have the whole cyberpunk/dystopian future thing goin on. It's just so damned cool. Also the classes are some of the most unique of any game.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
I heard some (unconfirmed) stuff that the new engine might be going into beta during Q1 and live in Q2, which would be very soon. Taking it with a big grain of salt though since the dev team just finished moving to Montreal.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I just noticed that despite getting an e-mail a month or two ago that my account was frozen due to non-payment I was still being billed and my account was definitely not frozen. Logged in and decided to take a trip around Tir with my martial artist and some random dude in a shop outside of Tir just up and gave me two million credits. Since I've already unknowingly paid for this month I might as well roll something just for the sake of doing something with my week off from work.

benneburg
Nov 6, 2007
Liberate tutemae ex inferis.
I want to play this so bad, take the fixer for a walk and punch some things with the MA. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play since they added the ingame shop (a lot of people haven't), due to chromium being a pile of poo poo that only work on a small selection of operating systems, and the shop browser in based on chromium. Good job nutty norwegians for excluding a decent chunk of the already low playerbase. I want to play so much.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe

benneburg posted:

I want to play this so bad, take the fixer for a walk and punch some things with the MA. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play since they added the ingame shop (a lot of people haven't), due to chromium being a pile of poo poo that only work on a small selection of operating systems, and the shop browser in based on chromium. Good job nutty norwegians for excluding a decent chunk of the already low playerbase. I want to play so much.

Not sure what OS you're running, but if you're using WINE they finally got it working under that. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=584405

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I'm already getting bored of Rift so resubbed to AO for a month. Roflbot seems to be alive again, but corp is as quiet as usual.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
Our RP group suddenly woke up after a year of hibernation on RK1. I don't know how it happened, but one day everybody was online all of a sudden. Just as I was getting into Rift :(

niff
Jul 4, 2010
i'd play but the game still slows to an absolute crawl on my vaguely-adequate system. were there any fixes to the random framerate screw-ups found yet?

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
They're still working on the new engine so I doubt they'll do any client/engine fixes until release.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

quote:

WARNING: City upkeep (20817000 credits) is due in 45 hours but the org bank only contains 20239110 credits. If the bank does not contain enough credits by the due date, your city will be demolished.

I'm surprised GoonCorp city has been around even this long. Guess Rawen will take care of it if he's still farming those aliums.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=589188

It seems they silently removed the sloob subscription option from new accounts. Kind of assholish but doubt it will matter much. AO will probably get buried with the "rebalancing" anyway.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Fewd posted:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=589188

It seems they silently removed the sloob subscription option from new accounts. Kind of assholish but doubt it will matter much. AO will probably get buried with the "rebalancing" anyway.

Wow, talk about shooting themselves in the leg. They should be LOWERING their subscription price, not forcibly keeping it higher than most recently released MMOs.

BobFromMarketing
Jul 28, 2007

by Ralp
So whatever happened with those rad new graphics they were going to come out with like half a decade ago?

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

BobFromMarketing posted:

So whatever happened with those rad new graphics they were going to come out with like half a decade ago?

Let me tell you about a thing called "Funcom Time"...

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
It was to be old graphics on a new engine enabling new shaders. It'd still look dated as it does right now, but it'll have shiny water. I'd prefer if they'd consider making AO2 instead. I find it interesting how their most successful and longest lasting IP isn't considered up for a sequel.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

It was to be old graphics on a new engine enabling new shaders. It'd still look dated as it does right now, but it'll have shiny water. I'd prefer if they'd consider making AO2 instead. I find it interesting how their most successful and longest lasting IP isn't considered up for a sequel.

This pretty much. They're spending time and effort on new models and heads (I can't fathom why they stick with premade heads instead of revamping the whole chargen) and they're getting hi-res textures made by unpaid volunteers right now. If FC would give them an actual budget and a bigger dev team to work with, they'd get much greater results in a far shorter time :smith:

BobFromMarketing
Jul 28, 2007

by Ralp
I really enjoyed Anarchy Online in the first few years before the control scheme became extremely dated. I would love a second one. Even if they essentually just updated the controls and graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Revener posted:

Let me tell you about a thing called "Funcom Time"...

Basically AO is an ancient relic now and since apparently the population is non-existent, Funcom should just scrap the graphics engine overhaul and make a sequel.

I'm with BobFromMarketing in that the game in the first few years was really great. But now AO just hasn't aged well at all and feels like an absolute chore to play which is why I think no one plays it anymore. It would be a lot more popular if Funcom streamlined everything but it's probably to late at this point to do that and I wouldn't trust them to pull it off without setting AO all the way back to how it was when it first launched.

• Locked thread