Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Space_Butler posted:

Thanks for posting this. I didn't even know this was an issue, and sure enough after popping it in it only plays with PiP. I'll be calling tomorrow.

Like you, I also haven't stuck many of my blu-rays into my player yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

doctor thodt posted:

Why...why would anyone want the tablets?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

doctor thodt posted:

That's incredible

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jesus christ that is tacky as gently caress.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Kaboobi posted:

Why...why would anyone want the tablets?

So they can play along at home, duh.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

doctor thodt posted:

To paraphrase a line from Spinal Tap, there's a really thin line between clever and stupid. And I'm really not entirely sure which side that's on. It's either hilariously brilliant in a bizarre way or incredibly stupid in a hilarious way.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm more disappointed that it's not a ten disc set.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I would now like a SE of History of the World, Part 1 that ups the ante to 15 commandments.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ClydeUmney posted:

To paraphrase a line from Spinal Tap

I so wan a Blu-Ray boxset complete with 10" stone henge.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

Eh, I foresee buying the regular 2-disc and getting the silent from Netflix.

So it is written, so let it be done.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

FitFortDanga posted:

So they can play along at home, duh.
Are they good for only one use or do the tablets have reversible battle damage?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Do I have a bad Blu-Ray copy?

I bought a copy of Beauty and the Beast from Amazon and it seems to have quite a few playback issues in the same spots with all editions of the movie. The picture freezes and the sound stops. After about 10 seconds it resumes playing. Firmware is up to date. Do I have a bad Blu-Ray or should I be doing something else?

My copy worked like a charm. Probably just a defective copy you have.

Amaritudo
Jul 5, 2003

The Bitter Timelord

Vintersorg posted:

Moses that is tacky as gently caress.
Fixed that for you. :jewish:

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
YES! Finally it's coming out!

http://www.slashfilm.com/cameron-crowes-famous-bootlegcut-bluray-sold-exclusive-buy/

Almost Famous: Bootleg Cut - January 30th

Click here for the full 475x609 image.

As announced earlier, it will be Best Buy exclusive.
Special Features are same as the Bootleg DVD except NO THEATRICAL VERSION.

-Audio commentary by Crowe (and his mom — seriously, Mrs. Alice Crowe was played by Frances McDormand in the film)
-An audio introduction by Crowe
-Featurette “The Making of Almost Famous”
-Interview with the real Lester Bangs
-Cameron Crowe’s Top Albums of 1973
-“Fever Dog” Music Video
-Stillwater’s Cleveland Concert
-“Small Time Blues”
-Stairway
-“B-Sides” behind-the-scenes footage
-7 Rolling Stones articles with audio introduction by Crowe: The Allman Brothers from Dec. 6, 1973; Led Zeppelin from March 13, 1975; Neil Young from Aug. 14, 1975; Peter Frampton from Feb. 10, 1977; Fleetwood Mac from March 24, 1977; Van Morrison from May 19, 1977 and Joni Mitchell from July 26, 1979.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

William Pahllace posted:

YES! Finally it's coming out!

http://www.slashfilm.com/cameron-crowes-famous-bootlegcut-bluray-sold-exclusive-buy/

Almost Famous: Bootleg Cut - January 30th

Click here for the full 475x609 image.

As announced earlier, it will be Best Buy exclusive.
Special Features are same as the Bootleg DVD except NO THEATRICAL VERSION.

-Audio commentary by Crowe (and his mom — seriously, Mrs. Alice Crowe was played by Frances McDormand in the film)
-An audio introduction by Crowe
-Featurette “The Making of Almost Famous”
-Interview with the real Lester Bangs
-Cameron Crowe’s Top Albums of 1973
-“Fever Dog” Music Video
-Stillwater’s Cleveland Concert
-“Small Time Blues”
-Stairway
-“B-Sides” behind-the-scenes footage
-7 Rolling Stones articles with audio introduction by Crowe: The Allman Brothers from Dec. 6, 1973; Led Zeppelin from March 13, 1975; Neil Young from Aug. 14, 1975; Peter Frampton from Feb. 10, 1977; Fleetwood Mac from March 24, 1977; Van Morrison from May 19, 1977 and Joni Mitchell from July 26, 1979.

I'm glad it is finally coming out in America but those extras aren't enough to get me to upgrade my region free UK edition.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
While patiently waiting for the LOTR extendeds to come out on Blu, I found the Return of the King collector's DVD set unopened for 10 dollars.

But it was the Canadian release. :canada: That is without the four disk set, just the standard DVD.... in full screen. :psyduck:

So while it slashed any hopes I would have had of reselling it for $50 on ebay, I'm glad that I got the Minas Tirith statue out of it, though I'm not really sure why the designed it to open in two pieces.

metallicaeg fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 15, 2011

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Lobok posted:

My copy worked like a charm. Probably just a defective copy you have.

Thanks, I initiated the return process just a bit ago. Hopefully it works out. I had never seen a brand new disc not work properly.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

metallicaeg posted:

While patiently waiting for the LOTR extendeds to come out on Blu, I found the Return of the King collector's DVD set unopened for 10 dollars.

But it was the Canadian release. :canada: That is without the four disk set, just the standard DVD.... in full screen. :psyduck:

So while it slashed any hopes I would have had of reselling it for $50 on ebay, I'm glad that I got the Minas Tirith statue out of it, though I'm not really sure why the designed it to open in two pieces.

drat they have these at Ross of all places, $10 each. The 4-disc ones, I'm gonna have to go get them tomorrow.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Justified Season 1 is down to $22. Insanely good deal on a great show. Even if you've never heard of it, blind buy at this price.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0038M2AQ4/

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Social Network arrived today! :woot:

The second disc won't read in my BD-ROM drive. :smith:

edit: never mind, worked on a reinsert! :woot:

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 15, 2011

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched my Canadian import of Mr. Nobody and can confidently and highly recommend that you buy this title. Audio and video are flawless which is essential for such an intensely sensory film, and there's about an hour's worth of behind-the-scenes supplements in HD. This may never be released in the States, so don't feel ambivalent about importing.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I finally got around to watching some of the Alien Anthology I got for Christmas. Holy poo poo does this look good.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Captain Charisma posted:

I finally got around to watching some of the Alien Anthology I got for Christmas. Holy poo poo does this look good.

I watched Alien last night, it's seriously one of the best looking movies I've seen. Gonna tackle Aliens tonight.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
Yeah, I marathoned the entire set today. Aliens looks drat amazing. I might try to watch through all the extras tomorrow.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm watching Aliens and I only have one day left before I go back to school, so I'm gonna speed through Alien and some extras tomorrow.

My brother actually thought I was watching a movie from last year when he passed by.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My friend brought the Beauty and the Beast Blu Ray over yesterday and holy absolute gently caress, I'm going out to buy all the Disney Blu Rays I can get my hand on.

Holding out for an Emperor's New Groove BR.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

metallicaeg posted:

My wife uses hers as a jewelry box. She keeps her replica of Nenya (which she asked for as her engagement ring) in it.

My God, that woman is a geek. Still glad I married her. (I was only buying the 4 disc versions of the extended cuts, she was the one who was buying the 5 disc versions with the statues.)

We can't possibly ever get divorced now - we combined our DVD collections.
:goonsay:

(We're arguing about the extended cut Blus - do we just wait for the Ultimate, Final, Tiger Hyper Dragon edition box set after the Hobbit movies come out, or buy now?)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Is anyone still waiting for their Battle Royale blu-ray? This is getting ridiculous, over at the blu-ray.com forums it seems like most people in the US have already received theirs. I'm trying to decide if I should just ask Amazon for a refund at this point, which will really be a bitter pill since the set is sold out everywhere and the Special Edition coming out in a month or two is region B so if I want the region free version I'm going to have to get it off ebay for 3x the price.

And I preordered it in October. :arghfist::smith:

vvvvv Yeah I meant October but somehow wrote August. Still, its been way too long.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 16, 2011

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.
How'd you pre-order it in August if it wasn't announced until October? But yeah, if you contact Amazon they should issue you a full refund.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Sirotan posted:

Is anyone still waiting for their Battle Royale blu-ray? This is getting ridiculous, over at the blu-ray.com forums it seems like most people in the US have already received theirs. I'm trying to decide if I should just ask Amazon for a refund at this point, which will really be a bitter pill since the set is sold out everywhere and the Special Edition coming out in a month or two is region B so if I want the region free version I'm going to have to get it off ebay for 3x the price.

And I preordered it in October. :arghfist::smith:

vvvvv Yeah I meant October but somehow wrote August. Still, its been way too long.
Mine arrived Thursday. Yours is more than likely still in the mail, but if it doesn't come this week you should look into it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
To all of you who are experiencing delays with Battle Royale from Amazon.co.uk, behold:

I ordered Payback on January 5th, and it came in less than 10 days. (Got it on Friday, but I think it'd been sitting in the mailbox over a day because I forget to check it.)

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Faster 3/1
Arthur / Arthur 2 (double feature) 4/5
To Kill a Mockingbird 4/5

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
I got my battle royale 7 days later than I should have. I still haven't received my Aliens order from amazon uk though.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Edited to remove for wrong information.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 17, 2011

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Got my BR set Thurs. so that's taken care of. Package is a bit bulky but understandable considering the stuff in it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RevKrule posted:

This might get adjusted down again as Best Buy is running it for $20 this week.

Best Buy is running it for $25. You can get it for $20 there if you have the $5 off coupon Sony included with Easy A or Salt.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Best Buy is running it for $25. You can get it for $20 there if you have the $5 off coupon Sony included with Easy A or Salt.

Crap, you're absolutely right. I was looking at the ad and thought it was the blu-ray version.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

fromsinkingsands posted:

I got my battle royale 7 days later than I should have. I still haven't received my Aliens order from amazon uk though.

I emailed and bitched because my Aliens still hasn't arrived. They said they'd do something if it didn't come by the 14th so I guess I'll say something about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Bangkok Dangerous dropped to $5.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J710XY?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001J710XY

- edit And War dropped to the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X1Z0CO?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000X1Z0CO

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 17, 2011

• Locked thread